• Published 11th Apr 2022
  • 1,201 Views, 37 Comments

MLP A New Generation 2: The Last of The Alicorns - TwiShine45



Sunny and her friends hit the dusty trail on another quest. Only this time, for Sunny, it's personal.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,201

Chapter 28

Sunny looked into the eyes of her opponent, burning with rage. She tried to reflect this, bearing down onto Luster with her own form of incessance. Her faculties felt no fear, but rather, a direct correlation to the dead unicorn that lay on the ground beneath her. She imbued Izzy’s friendship, seemingly from beyond the very grave itself, and it gave her extra strength. Feeling the unicorn’s soft voice sweetly speaking devoted affection, Sunny moved forward. It was as if she were ten thousand ponies all in one, knowing that she was avenging her fallen sister. But even more than that, she was avenging the unjust imprisonment of all her friends and taking her first steps into leadership.

She felt her wings spread further than they ever had before, and her horn seemed to shine with the light of Celestia’s sun. Luna’s cool night bristled through her mane, and Cadance’s furious love shot through her heart. Finally, there was Twilight herself, pushing her to do things in the name of friendship that she never thought she’d be called to do. A certain form of violence began rising within the depths of her soul. Despite the fact that she’d been invited into friendship, she felt a need for justice. A vengeful spirit wrathfully danced with her own, bringing up memories of the deceased Izzy and all the torture she’d been put through. Sunny also saw her living friends, including the stallion she loved more than life itself.

“What’s wrong, supposed princess?” Luster asked haughtily. “Don’t know how to fight…or am I just that intimidating?”


“You don’t intimidate me,” Sunny growled in a voice that bound the legacies of all the princesses in one, “…and you never will.”

Luster cackled. “Oh, spare me your pathetic show of strength! You’re a weak pony, and your friends are even weaker! You’ve refused to join Scarlet Wing in our glorious conquest, rule, and domination of Equestria!”

“Redundant, are we?” Sunny smirked.

Luster rolled her eyes. “If that’s all you’ve got to fight back with, then I’d say the throne of Canterlot is as good as mine! Now, let’s dance, witch!”

With that, Luster flew at Sunny, but the orange Alicorn was able to dodge. Utilizing her speed, she whipped around the evil self-proclaimed ruler and landed a horn shot square in her shoulder. Luster howled in rage and agony, but she was nowhere near done. She aimed a well-timed magic blast that knocked Sunny back, sending her into a dizziness inducing spin. Keeping her wits about her, she used her wings to steady herself and fired back, blowing a clean hole through Luster’s mane. Luster, whose personal search for vanity and presence would not allow her to endure such embarrassment, promptly fired back. Her shot missed Sunny’s mane and burned into her shoulder, causing blood to leak out.

“Aw…did the poor ‘ittle ruler get shot?” Luster taunted. “Does she need ‘ittle Cewestia to come and help her?”

“My friends are my strength,” Sunny proclaimed with vigor bursting from her spirit, “and I will not allow you to harm any more of them!”

She charged at Luster with reckless abandon, pouring her love for her friends into her fight. Thunder and lightning seemed to scatter about from her enraged pupils, practically daring the evil pony to fight back. That dare was answered, and soon enough the two were locked in a deadly horn-to-horn struggle. Slicing this way and that, the Alicorns fought in a contest that made the very earth shake beneath them. Everypony watched, huddled together in fear. Even the Scarlet Wing agents, who had seemed so impenetrable before, crowded together in hushed groups. All that could be heard were the horns clashing together and the painful screeches when one met its mark.

The small bit of light within the cavern caused both horns to glint menacingly. But Sunny’s friends had every confidence in her. She’d led them through two quests and dealt with countless dangers along the way. Surely, this would be no different. Soon, Luster would either be captured or executed. There was no other way this could end. Her reckless and merciless order to execute Izzy had practically written her own fate. Redemption? Not a chance. Sunny’s continued attack proved her ambitions to either restrain or dispose of this threat to her leadership; one that had been given her by the four great Princesses of old.

“You may have your army…” she said breathlessly as the two reached a bit of an impasse, “…and you may have your unscrupulous bloodthirsty ways…but I have something more…”

“What? Friendship?” Luster asked, laughing through eyes stained with her opponent’s blood. “You’re kidding me. Friendship? Is that the massive concept that’s so engrained itself within that you’re willing to die for it? Simple friendship?”

“Friendship is the most powerful tool we have to fight evildoers like you!” Sunny barked.

“Oh, spare me your bloated sentiments,” Luster said, rolling her eyes. “My mentor, my so-called friends, and everypony I knew bowed to your idiotic ideals. Twilight said it would be worth it! She said it would take work, but that it would pay off! I worked and worked for years, but it never did me any good. No…friendship was the death of Equestria, and I am its rebirth!”

“Rebirth as what? A totalitarian dictatorship filled with unhappy ponies consistently sniping at each other?”

“I’d be on the throne,” Luster growled, “so who gives a hoof about anypony else? They only exist to do my bidding. They are my peons! True, some of them have given me valuable service, but I will not allow anypony to stand above me. I deserve power and a kingdom…the gifts Twilight never gave me!”

“You never deserved them!” Sunny thundered back. “You deserted Twilight’s teachings and formulated your own ideas. You turned your back on what it means to be a pony!”

“It was Twilight who turned her back on our kind, you blithering moron!” Luster spat. “She didn’t know what it was to be strong, so I made an example of her. Now, I’m gonna make an example of you!”