• Published 4th May 2022
  • 117 Views, 0 Comments

Twilight and her quest to get the most rare item in Equestria (With comedic hurdles of course) - Mr Mlp



Twiloight go fly into huga mountain. Hope she don't a die

  • ...
 0
 117

Game night with a boy

This was a huge panic situation to be in. She was absolutely stuck to the cursed chair and forced to play this stupid board game. This was the biggest time waster that could have happened on this mission.

"If your still worried about the time, you shouldn't. This won't take forever and it'll prepare you for more trials on the mountain. Anyway here is your dice, and here is my dice." He placed the dice into her hooves. "Oh and a couple more things before I forget. There are a grand total of 100 spaces in the game. About 75% of them carry out special actions. I can also press this button right here on my chair anytime to release you. And anytime you roll the dice I will slap you." Twilight paused. Now that was important information, maybe if she thought hard enough she could get out of here a bit early, but hold on a minute. "Wait what was that last part?" It was to late he had already picked up his 3D cube and thrown it on the table. "Oh baby! A nine!" He scoot his piece along 9 spaces landing on a blue spot. "And I get launched 10 more spaces!" Dang that was a lucky roll. He looked back at the bear who had stopped celebrating his small victory to do stretches for his next turn. She took time to analyze the problem at hoof.

So she couldn't use her back hooves, but there was indeed a button that could release her if she was able to press it. She could try throwing something, but the cube was to light to be able to activate it. There was nothing else she could throw. She couldn't reach the shiny brick sitting on the chair next to her. Maybe her board game piece? That might carry enough weight, but the bear did not ever take his eyes off the board game or her, for the ability to pick up the piece and throw it without him knowing. He didn't even take his eyes off the game while he was stretching. There had to be some sort of opportunity to strike. She would have to wait. She then analyzed her own dice and found there to only be 7 spots on the cube. Wait if this was a cube why were there 7 spots. Same goes to the bear's dice. Shrugging it off she read 1- 2- 3- 4- 5- 6- and "you only get a max roll of 6 haha." So he was clearly cheating and was fully aware of it. Gathering all the evidence from what he already know about him he seemed lonely and not very well at taking care of himself. Even after capturing her he still kept up his polite demeanor. He wasn't really the type to be completely unfair even if he was cheating. He was most likely lonely and needed company, so he captures anypony that he comes across and gets them to play with him. If she could get through a game with him, then he would probably let her go.

"Do you need help rolling the dice?"
"I got it."
She took a swing at it and landed a 3. This would be a terrible roll if she had a dice that went up to 10, but since it wasn't it was a pretty average roll and she was ok with that. She gracefully moved the piece up 3 spaces landing on a red space. "AW man! You have to go back two spaces, but don't worry I'm sure next turn you'll have better luck!" Some how he was able to say that without the slightest hint of sarcasm creeping into his voice. Welp she was at 1 and the so called king of the mountain was at 19. This sucked.

SMACK! And there was the devious smack of the bear's paw. There was totally no way that was going to get infuriating. The bear let his square cube slide across the table again allowing it to land on a 10. This time he landed on a peculiar space. The next space had a picture of a skull on it which was pretty easy to understand what that did, but the space before had some sort of multicolored cart on it. "Hehe. This is a fun space." A rainbow colored shopping cart came out of the spot placing the bear's piece into it letting him ride the mine cart railings that was just beginning to appear. The piece rode along the rails carrying some sort of weapon. Then scary little monsters began to attack the piece, but then the piece started to shoot the beasts! It defeated all of them then ended with a triple somersault backflip onto space number 41.

"WHAT?!"
"Yeah your gonna wanna remember that when you get outta here. Hehe I like saying that. Gonna wanna."
At least the game was progressing quickly. Another swing was in order. She breathed out grabbed the 7-spotted cube and chucked it at the table. It read 6. "Hey you got a 6! That's pretty good!"

Twilight didn't really think so, but it looked like she was heading for a light blue space at space 7. She might just make some progress. The piece sat proudly on the space, until a gigantic ice wall (well for the piece) emerged from the space knocking it a space down. "Oooo let's see if it can make it up the wall." The piece reached into it's bag and pulled out a grappling hook. It hooked onto the top of the wall and the piece took its first step... only to immediately slip and fall all the way back down bouncing back to the start. Twilight didn't know if she should be offended, but she was no doubt she was a little heated from the encounter.

"Oh... that's a shame. Anyway." SMACK "My turn!"
The second slap was harder than the first one and she had to admit it got to her a bit. Another good roll for the cheater. Going up 8 spaces the piece landed on a space with a portal on it and from the portal came out a humongo flying ship. The piece carrying yet another weapon teleported to space number 76. Twilight shouldn't be getting angry, but she was still at the stinking start, while this guy was 76 spaces ahead of her! Sighing she sent her dice to do its duty once again. This time it landed on the mysterious spot that read "you only get a max roll of 6 haha." "You know what that means?" ... "No-" "IT MEANS YOU GET TO CHOOSE A NUMBER 1-6 AND GO AHEAD THAT MANY SPACES!" He exclaimed very ecstatically. "Uhhhh 6?" "Good choice!" SMACK Those smacks kept getting harder on her cheeks. Placing the piece on space number 6 a miniature ice cream waffle cone generated flinging the piece to spot number 17. That's two spots so far that carried out an action that was reminiscent of past obstacles she had faced. She wondered if the sage was in this board game. Not like it would be much help. His silliness was not really the best thing to have in a conundrum like this.

The bear rolled his dice and he placed his piece 10 more spaces ahead. This time the space had a hat on it. This time a hat was given from the boar game. The hat wasn't for the piece though, it was for the bear? The bear stuck his hand into the hat and pulled out a slip of paper that read "Go forward to the end."

"YAHOO! Alright I guess I should probably explain the ending to this game as well. You see whenever a player reaches the top you are given a 1 to 100 dice and have to roll a perfect 100 to beat the bird at the top. Then you win! Now your turn if you will." There was no way he could get a 100 quickly. This was going to waste even more time. At least he wouldn't win by a long shot and she could catch up a bit and make herself feel a bit better. Maybe even win. She rolled and landed on a space with a tree. She knew how this one went. The piece lost it's bag, but at least she was flung up to space 29... right next to the spot with the skull on it. That made twilight sweat and wish that she could stack spaces to go even further. It was now the bear's turn. "Come on baby, daddy needs a new pair of shoes!" One hundred... he did it. He got a fricken 100 hundred.

"YAHOOOOO! What a great game! Better luck next time!" Twilight at this moment is fuming. She couldn't even make it past thirty. She couldn't even have that and this guy gets a 100 on his first try. She couldn't win... it was impossible. "Oh I almost forgot." Twilight turned to the bear rapidly to see the fur filled bear paw heading her way. Twilight laughed manically in her head. Not this time, her anger would not let it. SMACK The bear looked at his paw, then rubbed his own left cheek with it. Twilight deflected it. "Heh... you really did that... well it was nice knowing you... but this next game... I ain't going easy on you." He whipped out another button out of nowhere and pressed it. New metal cuffs encased twilight's front hooves in their cold embrace. The room began to heat up when suddenly a burst of blue flame rose around them. Their surrounding darken into pure nothingness while the cause itself grew more fur and grew more dialated pupils to the point where they were barely seen. His pink khakis were now pure black. Soon there was only twilight, the bear, the board game, and a lonely little but shiny brick still sitting proudly on its chair.

"I am very sorry to say that you have severely messed up."
"So what if I have? I am a princess! I'm immortal! You can't kill me!"
"You know frighteningly little about me. And tell me this, if you're so confident you can't die, why panic and scream or fear death when it is simply not possible?"
"I'm getting outta here, and there is nothing you can do to stop it!"
"You know I really enjoyed your presence here. Your a good pony. And I am a amazingly fair person. So take my 10 spotted dice. And... I'm going to let you use your magic."
"Really?!"
"However I'm limiting it to only moving your piece and dice and I mean only those items. But beware this also connects your own soul to your piece. That piece dies... you die."
"I'm going to beat you to the ground."
"Anyway I'll just use my 20 spotted dice."
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! BRING IT!"
"Will do miss Twilight Sparkle."

Now there were no taking turns, only heated battle. Each body pressed the warm hooves or paws on the dice trying to put as much luck into it as they could. Twilight landed her dice first getting a solid 8 while the bear got a 15. She was racing to move her piece but the bear's piece was fast approaching with a gun. Rapidly she stuck down her piece on the 8th spot a small spring emerged from the space launching the piece upward just barely being able to dodge the gun shot of crazy bear cracker's piece. Before Twilight knew it the menacing piece landed on it's spot also being launched far into the air shooting several bullets her piece's way. Quick on her feet she compressed her magic to maneuver around the death metal. The bear rolled his dice again this time faster than she could. Quite immediately after the roll that fat paw was coming close to her face for another strike. She glanced for a split second moving her head to the side just in time. His slap took out a whole chunk out of the chair!

"DON'T THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT RULE!" Twilight only being on space number 27 and seeing the beast three spaces behind her with still a roll to move forward she needed to keep up. "5!" This space gave her piece a goat. "Oh great this guy." Twilight exclaimed in her mind. With great speed she kicked the goat down the hill of the fake mountain. The bear's piece jumped over with grace landing a space that gave it wings and a meteor machine gun. Great panic now ensued, right before twilight realized her magic felt a button somewhere hidden on the button. She scrambled to search for the button as the bear's piece was firing up its weapon. Then she remembered the other danger at hoof she ducked as quick as she could as the furry paw took out another chunk of the chair. Still frantically looking over the cube the first shot of the meteor machine gun was fired from the sky coming at her piece with great speeds. In the nick of time she found the button and a note that read "Press in case of emergencies."

Her piece pulled out a shield and deflected the meteor straight back, but still missing the enemy. It took out a huge portion of the board. They both rolled their dice at the same time each getting a 10. This time the bear attacked her first, with this one going straight for her body she moved her piece forward and gained a one time use of stasis. Her piece threw the shield right in the area the slap was heading for and using stasis to make sure it stayed. The paw bounced back causing the motion of it to knock his own piece father up the mountain than her.

The bear had 30 spaces left, while twilight still had 56. She pressed the button for a second time generating a powerful water gun. She pulled the trigger and aimed towards the ground then at the bear's paw heading her way creating a double positive effect of defeating the attack against her and getting closer to the top from the extremely high pressure of the water. The enemy piece was charging another shot from the meteor machine gun. Moving up 15 spaces a boulder dropped from the sky right on the piece at the same time twilight was making her next roll. Barely being able to react her own piece rolled away then shot its own gun forcing the small but strong boulder right at the bear's paw successfully deflecting another attack. This was make or break, if she didn't make it up on this roll it was over.

20 spaces to go she was able to move up 9 seeing a space with a red cross on it. The whole board rumbled as a great majestic hospital rose from the ground both finding her piece flying in the sky from the sudden upward force. The enemy piece fired causing the hospital to blew into piece creating even more thrustage on her piece sending her speeding for the very top. In a last ditch attempt the bear's piece ran up the last 5 spaces it had left. Both were centimetres away from the top as time slowed down letting the graceful final second of this fierce battle end... but alas it was not twilight who reached the top first.

Everything at that moment died, to the chaotic nature of the game and the bombastic sounds. Even the water gun was dead. This was it, wasn't it. She had lost hadn't she. She didn't know if he could actually kill her, she didn't know how this all happened, she didn't even know how to win. It was now a necessity to think. What were her options? She could only move her dice and piece. The button wouldn't work since the game was over and her piece wouldn't be able to do anything. The brick still sat there proudly. She was going to die from a board game battle all alone, sitting next to a damn brick.

"Heh, well goodbye miss Twilight Sparkle. I hope you had fun." A bright light shined from the very top revealing a giant bird to accompany the enemy in the killing of twilight sparkle. It swooped down sharpening up its wings for one final attack. Now it was truly like a dice roll. Roll a 1 accept your fate and leave it there, a 2 delay the inevitable. Of course twilight was a 2 all the way. Filled with the most amount of determination she had ever felt her piece jumped over the wing landing on its back. This is where it counted. The enemy piece threw a kick, with a quick reaction it was blocked and returned with a mighty buck colliding with the strong punch of the bear's piece. Mean while with the quick action being controlled by twilight and the bear Twilight was still deep in thought. Blocking and bringing the heat as best as she could she had to be able to defeat him a different way. With each kick, punch, unfair hook, or twisted lunge at each other came the thought of something back from the first game. When a karate chop came down to the middle of her head she thought back to the mine cart ride. Another kick, portals and floating ships. A forward hook, space number 30.

Each step had been bonkers, crazy, and insane. In fact she would need something crazy to even get out of this situation. Everything Twilight did to this point was logical and smart and yet none of it worked. Each obstacle carried its own wacky personality and it wasn't until she tried something silly or out of the norm for her it worked. Even listening to the sage had worked. Maybe that was it. She needed something silly, dumb, and so incredibly obvious that it wouldn't work that somehow it would work. There was only one thing that came into mind. Space numero 30. The devilish looking space that had a skull engraved in it. It was worth a shot.

A elbow from the bear's piece snapped her back into reality. Time to execute. Completely syncing up her piece backflipped off the bird falling with style as the bird chased after its prey. Landing with a roll her piece carefully jumped down the mountain placing hooves on each open ledge and making sure to dodge any more attacks. Finally at the right level, space 30 was in sight. With a dive her piece leaped over the grand wing of the predator and standing tall on the space.

It was dead silent for a few seconds when suddenly KA BIDDLY BOOM BAM! The whole board game exploded sending cinders and ash all around the area melting the metal surrounding her own hooves. "YES! HAHAAAA!" Making no waste of time she bolted out making sure to grab the brick. The blue fire was diminishing while she sprinted through the lovely again decorated home while hearing the deranged screams of the bear getting fainter and fainter.

She ran and ran until she knew she was more than safe. She couldn't use her magic for anything again. "Come on... you can't quit now. I'm almost there." Twilight looked up and she could see the very top of the mountain for the first time in sight.