• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 487 Views, 6 Comments

Visiting Jurassic World - Animalman57



When Twilight and her friends get tickets for the theme park Jurassic World, they couldn't be any more excited. However, when things go wrong, they need to stick together... for survival. Jurassic World crossover.

  • ...
 6
 487

We're going to Jurassic World?!

In a quiet little suburb in America during winter, a giant foot crunches the snow. It was scaly and had three toes on its feet. It lowered its head to look on the ground, revealing it to be a crow. It cawed as it heard a car pull up the driveway and flew off.

Inside the house, a young purple haired teenager known as Twilight Sparkle was having a slumber party with her friends. A year ago, Twilight wouldn't have cared about having friends, but ever since she moved here and started going a new high school, she met these five and became friends with them. And this was the first slumber party at her house.

The six of them were in the living room in their pajamas, eating pizza and popcorn, drinking soda, and watching TV. The movie that was on was a film about dinosaurs. Though Twilight nitpicked the many inaccuracies and Fluttershy closed her eyes at the scary parts, they were still having a good time. All six of them loved dinosaurs, though their knowledge on dinosaurs varied between each member. As they watched the film, Twilight's mind wandered to the existence of the ultimate dinosaur lover's dream, Jurassic World. After InGen got bought by Masrani Global, Simon Masrani decided to make Jurassic World and open it to the public, despite how much of a disaster the first park was before it even opened. He moved some species from Isla Sorna and captured some of species on Nublar and put them into the park. He also cloned many new ones, some originally on InGen's list, some entirely new to being cloned into the modern age. He opened the park, and it's been running ten years without any major problem. Yet, in all that time, Twilight never visited. She wanted to, but the chance never arrived.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Rainbow mention her. "Yo, Twi." Twilight shook her head before looking at the rainbow colored, short haired teen sitting on the couch with her. "Yes, Dash?" She asked. "I've been trying to get your attention but you didn't answer. I wanted some of the popcorn." Rainbow replied with a raised brow. Twilight gives her the bowl and Rainbow chows down rather messily. "For heavens sakes, Dash. Could you at least have some better manners?" Rarity, the purple haired teen on the couch, moaned. The blonde haired Applejack sitting on the floor rolled her eyes at the primadonna before turning to Twilight. "Y'all okay, sugarcube?" She asked in her southern accent. Twilight nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, AJ." Applejack was skeptical but accepted it and turned to watch the movie with the light pink haired Fluttershy laying on her stomach next to her, who was deeply invested in the outcome and drinking a Dr Pepper, Applejack and Fluttershy's favorite sodas. She handed one to Applejack, which she took with a smile. Pinkie, who had darker pink hair than Fluttershy, sat next to them, eating pizza just as messily, if not more so, than Dash. Rarity saw this and sighed.

As the movie continued, the six of them were on the edge of their seats. The main protagonist was cornered by a hungry looking Ceratosaurus, a medium sized horned theropod dinosaur from the late Jurassic Period. Twilight mentioned this earlier. That lead to a whole conversation about why Jurassic World was called that when most of the dinosaurs were from the Cretaceous. No one had an answer other than marketability. The Ceratosaur snarled and Fluttershy squeaked in fear. Her flinch hit Applejack. "Oh, I'm sorry, Applejack." Applejack just gave a supportive smile. "It's all good, sugarcube. It gave me a bit of a jump as well, to be honest." Rainbow scoffed, "It looks too fake to be scary." Indeed, it wasn't the most high budget of films and the effects were somewhat lacking. Still, the snarling lip and slit eyes of the predator were scary enough for most of the teens. "Besides, I could take it on." She said confidently. Applejack raised a brow. "Really? Cause ya can't even beat me in a arm wrestling match. How you going to beat this thing?" She gestured to the TV as the Ceratosaurus charged towards the protagonist's love interest as she screams. Rainbow opens her mouth, but realized she didn't have an answer, so she just turned to the TV. Applejack smirks as she turns back.

Just as the film was about to reach its end, the door opened and Twilight's parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, walked through. "Brr, it's cold out there tonight." Night Light shook as he said this. Twilight Velvet put her coat on the coat rack before looking at the girls. "You girls having fun?" The teens all nodded and yelled "Yeah!" Velvet smiled before Twilight asked, "Where did you go, mom?" She and Night Light smirked. "Well, you've been very well behaved lately Twilight, and we thought you deserved a reward." Pinkie gasped. "OMG, Twilight! You're getting something cool!" Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Knowing Twi, she'll probably get a book or something." Applejack kicked her legs in response to Rainbow's snark. "Ow." Rainbow moaned. "It's a treat for all of you, actually." Night Light mentioned. All the girl's eyes widened at this news. "We had to talk to your families each, but they all agreed and we bought them today." Velvet said.

She dug through her purse and pulled out six pieces of paper. She handed them to Twilight, who took them and looked at them. Her eyes widened and a giant smile appeared on her face. "No way! Tell me you guys didn't!" She yelled. Night Light came up and smirked. "We did." Twilight's smile grew before yelling, "We're going to Jurassic World!" The girls gasped before they all screamed in excitement. "We're going to Jurassic World!" Night Light wrapped his arm around Velvet's shoulder as he watched their girl and her friends get so excited. They knew the girls wanted to see the park for so long, and now they get their chance.

If only they knew how short lived that joy will be once they arrived.

Author's Note:

We meet our main characters and they find out their going to Jurassic World. I'm sure nothing will go wrong. :ajbemused:

This fic is the perfect opportunity for me to drop my knowledge on dinosaurs and the lore of Jurassic Park. Prepare for plenty of both in this fic.

Also the main six are humanized teenagers because why not? They have their hair and eye colors from the show, but their skin tones are normal human skin tones, unlike Equestria Girls.

There's Appleshy in here as well, but not til later. :ajsmug: :heart: :yay:

Also, Dr Pepper is the best soda in existence, with root beer and cream soda not far behind. I couldn't resist adding it as the favorite soda for Appleshy.