• Published 15th Feb 2022
  • 145 Views, 5 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Jams of Friendship - Visharo



A great adventure begins with a single thought, "FOR THE GLORY OF JAM!"

  • ...
 5
 145

Chapter 1: Jam

The Jaded Files: The Beginning

I stared at the irradiated jam that was sitting on my counter, and sighed. I’ve been working in Meatlocker for a hundred years now and I can count on my hooves how many times I’ve sold a jam jar. I leaned in my chair wondering how long I’d have to wait before another jam jar is sold. Maybe I should make another jam? I don’t know any recipes though, that complicates things. Also, it sounds like hard work.

“Hello.”

I fell off my chair in surprise at the sound of a pony’s voice. I scrambled up and glanced at who was talking to me. A murky green earth pony with a dusty red mane looked at me. His cutie mark looked a bit like a red plant.

“Umm…yeah, hi. Welcome to Jaded’s Jams, what can I get ya?” I tried to smile, hoping that it was good enough. I haven’t smiled since that small filly came to town, I always wondered what happened to her. Now that I think about it, I never knew her name. That made me sad.

“Yes, I was wondering if you have Dash Jam,” the stallion looked at me with beautiful red eyes. I mourned the fact that I didn’t have whatever that was.

“No, sorry. I don’t even know what Dash Jam is. Maybe you could tell me how to make it, it’ll fill in the hours hopefully. Depends on how easy it is…did I mention how handsome you are? I really like your eyes, am I being annoying? I haven’t had somepony to talk to in years!” I could feel my fake smile slowly turn into a real smile that almost immediately turned to a pout when I realized that I’m probably scaring him away.

“No, it’s ok. Dash Jam is a special type of Chem Jam. It makes you feel really good without having the negative side effects of taking Dash by itself. I’ve never had it, so I was wondering if you had any, but it seems you don’t,” He looked so sad that I decided to say something.

“Maybe I can go find it, how did you find out about this jam?” I leaned forwards, this was exciting! Something to spice up my boring life.

“Some old trader that I met in Tenpony. He said that he heard of this ‘legendary’ jam that could heal any wounds with a single sniff. He even claimed it could bring back the dead! I researched this after hearing it, and unfortunately everything he said wasn’t true. The only thing he seemed to have gotten right is the name. I think he said that the recipe is in an old jam shop somewhere in Old Appleloosa. I’m not sure,” he looked at me almost regretfully.

I wasn’t fazed, in fact I knew of the place and when I told him about it, he seemed really excited too. The only problem is when I tried to get Ditzy Doo to deliver it here, she said she lost it somewhere in the Fluttershy Medical Center. I groaned inwardly because of how far it was.

“Cheer up, I’ve decided that I’m going with you! We can help each other,” that smile he gave me was enough for me to get moving.

“Really? Oh thank you! I’ll be getting my gear and we can head out!”

Author's Note:

The beginning of something nice.

Kudos to kkat for the creation of the FoE world and kudos to my friend Blu, who helped me edit.