• ...
 4
 567

Thomas Comes To Breakfast

Twilight Sparkle and her engine friend, Thomas the Tank Engine, has worked his branch line for many days and know it very well. They soon arrived at Farquhar station, That afternoon.

“Gee, You know just where to stop, Thomas.” Laughed Twilight. “You could almost manage it without me.” Thomas wasn’t happy when he heard that. He didn’t knew it was a joke. He knew he and Twilight had been friends ever since they met. That night at the sheds, He spoke to Spike, Percy, and Toby at the sheds.

“Twilight said I don’t need her, Now.” He said sadly.

“Don’t be so daft, Bro.” Said Thomas. “There’s no way that could be true.”

“Yeah. I never go without Spike.” Said Percy.

“Me, Neither.” Replied Toby. “I’d be frightened or could have an accident with no one to apply the brakes.”

“But, We’re living engines.” Said Thomas. “We could either apply our brakes by ourselves or let our partners do that for us.” Soon, Twilight came back and they went to sleep. Thomas was happy to see her again before going to sleep. The next day the firelighter came. Thomas drowsed comfortably as the warmth spread into his boiler. Percy and Toby were still asleep. Thomas hoped he can do well with Twilight as well on his own.

“I know!” He thought quietly. “I'll just go out and then, I'll stop and wheesh! That'll make them jump.” Soon, He quietly puffed out of the sheds. He thought he can manage himself including his brakes. But, He couldn’t because a careless kid had been meddling with his controls. Then, It happened. He tried to wheesh some steam, but he couldn't. He tried to stop, but he couldn't. He just kept rolling along. “Uh oh. This will not end well.” He didn't dare what it look what's coming next. There was the stationmaster's house! The stationmaster was about to have breakfast.

“Yikes!” Cried Thomas and shut his eyes before crashing into the station masters house wall. The crash was so loud, it woke up Twilight.

“What in the world was that!?” She gasped. The house rocked, broken glass tinkled, and plaster was everywhere. Thomas had collected a bush on his travels. He peered into the room through its leaves. He couldn't speak. But, He could see that he poked into the dining room of the house. The station master removed a painting and revealed Thomas

“My goodness! Thomas, is that you?” He gasped seeing Thomas in his dining room wall.

“Yes. It’s me.” Moaned Thomas. “I’m really sorry.”

“We’ll talk about how this happened, Later.” Said the station master. “Right now, We’ll try to get you out. I better get the phone and ring for assistance.” He left the living room and shut the door. But, The sudden chain reaction caused more plaster to fall. This time, it fell on Thomas. He felt very depressed. Twilight arrived at the scene of disaster.

“Oh no!” She gasped. “Thomas, are you alright?”

“Yeah.” Moaned Thomas through the bushes on his buffers. “And I’m sorry. I didn’t knew you were joking.”

“I’m sorry, Too.” Replied Twilight. “Maybe I should have been more specific.” Soon, Sir Tophom Hatt got the message and sent two new twin engines that has just arrived on the island. Their names were Donald and Douglas.

“Dinna fash yourself, Thomas.” Said Donald.

“We'll soon have you back on the rails.” Said Douglas. The twin engines pulled hard and heaved Thomas out of the wall and back on the tracks. Bits of fencing, the bush, and a broken window frame festooned his front, which was badly twisted. The twins laughed and left him. Thomas was in disgrace. Sir Tophom Hatt came to see him.

“Sir, I tried to stop by myself. But for some reason, I couldn’t.” He explained.

“I see.” Said Sir Tophom Hatt. “Don’t worry. It wasn’t your fault. One of the near security cameras saw a little kid mess with your controls.”

“Oh! So, That’s what happened.” Thomas realized as his voice muffled through the bushes.

“You must go to the works and have your front mended. It will be a long job.” Said Sir Tophom Hatt.

“Yes, Sir.” Muffled Thomas.

“But, What about his passengers?” Twilight asked sadly.

“I’m glad you asked.” Said Sir Tophom Hatt. “While Thomas gets repaired, You will partner with a diesel railcar will do Thomas’ work.“

“D-D-D-Diesel!?” Gasped Twilight.

“Oh no! Not Diesel! Anything but him!” Said Thomas spluttered.

“Oh! Don’t worry. This isn’t the Diesel you met before.” Said Sir Tophom Hatt. “Engines always stay in their sheds 'til they are wanted. Especially instead of gallivant off to breakfast in Stationmasters' houses.”