• Published 21st Dec 2021
  • 619 Views, 35 Comments

Making magic in the moonlight - The Krawler



After a chance meeting in a Canterlot bar, Twilight and Cheerilee develop a secret relationship

  • ...
1
 35
 619

Funny drinks and unique experiences

The group of four stepped out into the quiet Canterlot night as they made small talk amongst themselves. "So, where to?" asked Cheerilee as she looked at the pony closest to her.

"Beats me. Besides, shouldn't the lucky ladies choose where we're gonna go?" said Colgate as she inclined her head back at the couple who were nuzzling against one another a few paces behind Cheerilee and herself.

"Y'know, Bon Bon, you make me the happiest mare in the world, especially tonight," Lyra cooed as her left foreleg pulled her marefriend into a tight hug, causing them to trip slightly as they walked together.

"Come on, Lyra, not in front of our friends," Bon Bon replied as she half-heartedly pulled away, a blush creeping onto her muzzle.

Those two are sappier than the Cutie Mark Crusaders at a Hearths Warming tree farm. I wouldn't be caught dead doing something like that in public, Cheerilee thought before clearing her throat loud enough for them to hear. "I don't mind you two lovebirds enjoying yourselves, but I thought you invited us here to explore the nightlife, not to watch you explore each other."

Bon Bon chuckled slightly at Cheerilee calling them out before she lifted her nose up slightly up to whisper into Lyra's ear, "She's right, y'know, but if you're on your best behavior tonight I'll let you explore something else when we get back home." Lyra stood there as a sea of red washed over her face.

"Aw, c'mon Cheerilee, what's the matter? A little PDA never hurt anypony. You jealous that you don't have a stallion to cuddle up with at night?" As she turned around and started walking again Colgate teased, "Maybe we can find you one tonight that will loosen you up a bit and get your parents off your back--kill two birds with one stone as they say."

This time it was Cheerilee's turn to stand in shock and blush like Lyra had while the happy couple picked up their pace and cantered past her to catch up with Colgate.

'Seriously, does no one get tired of making fun of my personal life?' Cheerilee sighed through her nose as she began to follow her friends through the streets with a small smile on her face.

~~

After a quick trot, Lyra and Bon Bon brought their party to a stop at Bridle Avenue, the start of a series of city blocks that made up Canterlot's 'red light' district. Unlike the shiny, tall towers that made up the rest of Canterlot's skyline, the buildings here were shorter, older, and seemed to have once housed heavy industry. Instead of being torn down when the former tenants vacated, the neighborhood had been reconstructed as the kind of place with enough neon light to let people know that they can have fun there and enough shadows to reassure them that they will not be seen having it.

"So, this is the place, huh? Doesn't it seem kind of... what's the word? 'Tacky' maybe?" Colgate pondered as the group came to a stop in front of a bar that appeared to be newer than the surrounding buildings. "No, 'scuzzy.' Definitely 'scuzzy.'" She nodded emphatically.

"It's actually quite nice once you're inside," replied Bon Bon. "It's quiet and clean. Well, it's cleaner than most other places around here, at least. Best of all, it's one of those 'mares only' type bars, so we won't get hit on all night."

"Hey, just because you're going to sleep in a warm bed tonight, that doesn't mean that the rest of us here would mind a little help in that department. Right, Cheerilee?" Colgate jokingly asked as she playfully punched Cheerilee's shoulder.

"I don't think hooking up in a bar would be a good idea, because, unlike somepony, I like to think that I have some standards," Cheerilee said while trying not to react to Colgate who was holding her own nose up with a forehoof and silently mimicing Cheerilee, to Bon Bon's amusement. "Besides, as I told my mother, I'm already plenty busy with the whole teacher thing," Cheerilee finished, rolling her eyes at Colgate's display.

"Well, I'm glad we decided to go here instead of to one of those nightclubs. I swear, those younger ponies don't know how to act, and don't even get me started on the music that they play," Lyra added, nuzzling up to her marefriend for the umpteenth time since they had left the restaurant.

Colgate grinned at her on-coming jab, "Jeez, Harp Flanks, you're starting to sound like Grandma Cheerilee over there. Where are the party animals I used to know?"

"Why, look who's talking," Bon Bon teased. "Besides, unlike you two old spinsters, we have already found our hook-up for tonight." Bon Bon wrapped her foreleg around Lyra and squeezed.

"Hey, I'm not even that old, okay?"

We're still the same as we ever were. Cheerilee smiled inwardly, ignoring the group's occasional light-hearted insults that they threw towards her in-between the ones directed at each other. She turned to look at their destination.

The building in question was only one story tall. Aside from the front wall of the building, which had a layer of tan stucco that tried to hide the building's true age, the other walls had their dull, cracked grey masonry exposed. The two side walls faced dark, narrow alley ways. A large fluorescent red neon sign that read in nearly illegible cursive: 'Midnight Rose.' A simplistic outline of a rose blinked on and off beneath the name. Whether this was by choice or due to faulty wiring was anypony's guess, but either way it drew attention to the building from passing ponies. Apart from the sign, the wall also sported a set of periwinkle doors with large windows on either side that were covered on the inside by heavy curtains.

Colgate was right. This place looks like it was pulled from one of my parents' old romance novels. Cheerilee rolled her eyes at the thought of how both her mom and dad were hopeless romantics and how that caused them both to worry about her personal life.

Cheerilee was pulled from her thoughts when the sounds of her friends faded, and out of the corner of her eye she saw movement in front of the bar door. As Bon Bon and Lyra started to make their way inside, Colgate stopped to hold the door open for her wool-gathering friend. Not wanting to make them wait, Cheerilee quickly followed suit.

As she neared the doorway a wave of jazz flowed over her and out onto the street. She felt the sudden transition from the crisp Canterlot night to a warm and stuffy perfume-filled room. The interior was small, yet its many shadows exuded an aura of comfort.

Cheerilee took in the sight of the bar as her baby blue friend trotted from her place beside the door to the booth near the back wall where their friends had found seats. The walls were a pale periwinkle that contrasted with the ebony wood flooring. A magenta glow beamed down from the shaded bulbs in the ceiling and coated the room in a dim light. To her left was a set of four dark oak booths that sat back to back from each other, their faux leather cushions tinted a bright pink shade by the artificial lighting. Near the middle of the room sat two medium-sized circular tables surrounded by chairs that matched the booths in their design. Finally, to her right was the bartender's station which featured a distinctive polished black marble counter with streaks of white throughout it that made it resemble zebra stripes.

My parents would have a field day if they ever saw this place, Cheerilee thought as she neared the booth where her friends sat, engaged in whatever silly topic Colgate had probably come up with in the seconds it took her to walk over.

"... then I suggested oatmeal, and you wouldn't even believe what she said to me." Colgate burst into a fit of laughter before she could finish whatever story she was telling Bon Bon and Lyra.

"It's been forever since I've stepped hoof inside one of these places. The last time was during college, if I remember correctly." Cheerilee absently stated as she took a seat next to Colgate.

"Careful there, Grandma. We don't want you to hurt yourself trying to remember," Colgate jokingly replied.

"That's the pot calling the kettle black, you know. Maybe it's my old age, but I can't remember you ever waking up with any memory of the night before when we were in college," Cheerilee retorted, giving in to the light-hearted mood of the night.

"Y'know, since neither of us can remember, how about we find out who's the light-weight around here?"

"Seriously, Colgate?" Bon Bon said with a small laugh. "Senile as we old gray mares all are, we know how poorly you handle alcohol. The last time you did this you woke up inside Zecora's hut, and she wasn't even at the party."

"On the bright side, we had the whole house to ourselves that night, even though she was supposed to stay over," Lyra cooed as she nuzzled up against her marefriend, causing Bon Bon's face to flush red.

"I'm not hearing anypony say 'no.' Any preferences?" asked Colgate as Cheerilee got up to make way for the unicorn to scoot past her.

"If we're really doing this, get us something strong. All joking aside, Cheerilee over here can drink us all under the table without breaking a sweat," Lyra called out, causing the school teacher to roll her eyes.

"Years of finishing the bottle while Colgate's passed out will do that to a girl," Cheerilee deadpanned. Not to mention the need to not be lucid when you two start attacking each other's faces soon thereafter.

~~

Colgate leisurely trotted up to the mare standing behind the ornate bar, taking in the details of the room and the occasional customer. The bartender was a black coated mare with a dull orange mane who was casually cleaning a glass held afloat in her magic.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before, honey. What can I get you?" the mare said in a sultry tone as her eyes scanned Colgate's body.

"How much for a bottle of your strongest drink? Oh, and can I get uhh... four shot glasses? If you don't mind." Colgate asked.

"Well, normally I wouldn't give out whole bottles to customers, even if they're as cute as you are, however I think I can make an exception just this one time," the mare replied, offering Colgate a wink along with the compliment.

"O-oh. Sorry but I don't, y'know, swing that way, so to speak. We're here for our friends' anniversary," Colgate awkwardly replied as a slight blush creeped onto her muzzle.

"My apologies. I guess I have another reason to make an exception tonight, don't I?" the bartender replied, reaching down and pulling out an extremely dusty yet mostly full bottle of green liquid with a label that read 'Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster' in yellow cursive. "Meet the bastard child of absinthe and champagne. Take the potency of both its parents, double it, and you get this."

Wow. That sounds strong. Colgate thought, slightly taken aback by the mare's claim.

"How expensive is it?" she asked, hoping it wasn't too much.

The bartender sighed. "Truth be told, honey, a place like this doesn't get many new customers, and none of the regulars are brave enough to order a shot of it more than once. This bottle has been sitting here for years, so let's just say it's an anniversary gift for your friends over there," she said as she placed the bottle and four shot glasses on the marble counter.

"Are you sure? I kind of feel bad about not paying for this," Colgate replied while taking the collection of glassware in her magic.

"You'll be doing me a favor, honey. I couldn't sell this stuff if I wanted to, and I could use the space back here," the mare assured her.

Shrugging, Colgate offered her a small thanks and headed back to the booth where her friends were waiting.

~~

"Hey, hey! Guess who's back," Colgate hollered as she set the glasses on the table.

"Great. Just when we were starting to enjoy ourselves," Lyra replied with a fake scoff.

"Oh, come on. You know you missed me. Besides, the bartender gave me something special." Colgate beamed.

"It wouldn't happen to be a shred of decency, would it?" Bon Bon asked with a small laugh.

"Even better, apparently this bottle right here is the strongest stuff she had," Colgate said, resting a hoof over the bottle's mouth.

"I'm betting four shots before she passes out. What about you?" Lyra stage whispered to her marefriend.

"I'll take the under. Knowing Colgate, I say it'll take two to make her forget tonight and a third to make her black out," Bon Bon responded while judgmentally looking over the dusty bottle.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Might as well get this over with," Cheerilee stated. She took the bottle in both of her forehooves with practiced skill and began pouring the first round of shots.

"Um, is it supposed to be bubbling like that?" Bon Bon asked, looking down at the green fluid that threatened to overflow with every bubble.

"It smells like lemons. It's probably carbonated like a seltzer," Cheerilee replied, tentatively sniffing the opened bottle.

"Alright, everypony, on three. Ready? One… two… three!" Colgate cheered, preemptively downing her shot as the rest followed suit soon after.

Seconds later a wave of shock hit the group. Each mare sat there as they experienced a sensation that could only be described as having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

"Ugh, what was that?" Colgate gagged, feeling the carbonation and burning slide down her throat.

"*cough* *cough* Ooh, that was stronger than I thought it was going to be," Cheerilee stated, not nearly as affected as Colgate had been by the alcohol.

~~

"Oh, oh, are we there yet? Are we? Please say we are!" Pinkie Pie half-shouted from Twilight's right side as she bounced along like she was walking on the moon.

"So, do any of you other girls know where we're supposed to go?" asked Twilight as she and her friends neared the end of Lunar Boulevard. A good three-quarters of an hour had passed since they had arrived in the city proper and had begun making their way to the heart of Canterlot.

"Ugh, you two sound like a couple of foals, and you always call me impatient. Do you know how many times you've asked that?" Rainbow Dash called from above them.

Pinkie repeatedly swatted an imaginary buzzer in front of her. "I know! I know! It's seventy-six for me and fifty-three for Twilight." She pulled Twilight into a smothering embrace as she proudly announced how good her memory was.

"Ah relax, sugarcube. A saloon can't be too hard to find in this here fancy-shmancy city," Applejack assured Twilight from her left.

"Rainbow Dash is right, darling. I know that you have never been one to go out on the town like this, but that is no excuse to act like a bored Sweetie Belle." Rarity shook her head and sighed as she led the group on. "At least Twilight is not scooting along the ground on her chin yet," she said to herself.

"Are you sure you know how to get there, Rarity? We've been walking for about an hour now, not to mention how we made that wrong turn awhile back," Twilight replied as she pried herself from Pinkie's iron grip.

"Now, now, dear, that is all in the past. Besides, I could've sworn it was a left at that donut place." Rarity picked up her pace a bit, putting on an air of confidence to mask her abysmal sense of direction.

Twilight sighed. She watched the shadowy outline of a giant concrete donut in the sky pass over the group unnoticed for the third time tonight. Donut Joe's again. Either I'm getting deja vu or this is going to be a long night.

After twenty more minutes in limbo--and after passing by the same donut shop five more times--the group stopped and asked the stallion who ran the shop for directions, much to Rarity's dismay. They arrived at their destination only three minutes later.

"Honestly, when I asked where a lady could enjoy a night out this is hardly what I had been expecting." Rarity huffed as she glanced over the place in question.

Before them was 'The Golden Horseshoe'--a decrepit old stone building that had seen far better days. The rusty iron letters that spelled out its name held onto their moorings for dear life, ready to fall at a moments notice. Above the name was a gold-painted horseshoe that had become chipped and flaked over the course of its long existence. The bar itself, however, was seemingly quite popular in spite of its appearance. Many working-class ponies could be seen rushing in and out of the bar every minute or so.

"Shucks. It kinda reminds me of my old great-uncle's saloon in Appaloosa. It was always a rowdy joint come night time," Applejack stated as she began to separate from her now-immobile cluster of hesitant friends.

"Eh, AJ's right. Besides, I've been to sleazier places. Really, this doesn't even make my top ten." Rainbow Dash landed before following the cowpony inside.

"I can't believe those two would willingly go into that dingy building. Can you, Twilight?" Rarity's eyes shrunk, and her face turned an even paler shade of white as her eyes found Pinkie Pie next to entrance.

"I don't think this place meets OSHA standards. Wait, what is Pinkie doing over there?" Twilight froze in shock as she watched a stallion who had recently walked out of the building puking his guts out while her pink friend held his mane up.

"Ahem. W-well one shouldn't judge a book by its cover… r-right? Come now, darling, let's get a move on," Rarity said as she led her lavender friend inside and away from the offending display.

Unfortunately for Rarity and Twilight, this book's contents matched its cover. A sea of ponies awaited them inside. Wasting no time, the two found themselves at a table that had already been claimed by one of their more adventurous friends.

"This place has a certain… rustic charm to it," Twilight ventured, eager to get the night over with.

"Honestly, darling, I doubt that even Applejack here would go that far. Say, Applejack, did a server already come by to take your orders?" Rarity inquired as she and Twilight took a seat at the table. Pinkie Pie made her way around the room introducing herself to her new acquaintances who would only remember a high-pitched pink blur in the morning.

"This place isn't some kind of high-class joint, Rarity. I'm pretty sure there's nopony here to take your order, unless one of the boys here likes you, if you know what I mean," Rainbow Dash replied as she balanced a pitcher of what looked like cider and two empty glasses on her outstretched wings before setting them on the table.

"Now then, I don't know what y'all got planned fer the evenin', but I got a score to settle here with a certain light-weight. Last I recall, it was thirty to twenty-eight in my favor, wunnit, Dash?" Applejack taunted as she filled both glasses.

"Oh buck no. The score was twenty-nine, twenty-eight the last time I counted," Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she preemptively grabbed the first glass that Applejack filled and gulped down its contents in one swig.

"That's 'cause you can't remember the last time what with how drunk you got, Dash. Heck, I reckon you can't recall waking up in Granny Smith's bed the next day, neither," Applejack retorted as she downed her own glass.

"Oh, yeah? Just watch me drink you under the table so hard that you won't even remember all the paperwork we filled out today, you apple-brained loser!" Rainbow Dash shouted, grabbing the attention of nearby ponies.

"We'll see about that right now! Bring it on, you pidgeon-headed show-off!" Applejack yelled back. "Uh, no offense," she said over Dash's shoulder to another bar patron.

"None taken," replied a griffon with the head of a pigeon from a booth.

Applejack doffed her hat to him and then glared at Rainbow Dash before pounding another glass.

Not even five minutes into the night, and those two are already trying to compete again, thought Twilight.

Quickly, the group found themselves caught in a wave of commotion centered around Applejack's and Rainbow's contest as a group of stallions and mares alike chanted, "Drink! Drink! Drink!"

"Is this how this sort of thing usually works?" Twilight asked, turning away from the two mares who were already five rounds deep in the competition.

"No, dear. As I understand it, one usually comes to this type of place to unwind, not to get riled up," Rarity said as she fruitlessly scanned the crowd for anypony that resembled a waiter or waitress. Realizing that the only pony working at this establishment was the bartender, Rarity eyed a pair of empty seats near the bar, and she began pushing Twilight along toward them. "Lets at least try to enjoy ourselves instead of watching our friends make fools of themselves. Come along now. I would hate for you to get lost in this ménagerie, darling."

"Woah! O-oh, okay." Twilight yelped in surprise as Rarity used her face to push Twilight along by her hindquarters.

Rarity sighed. "At least we've managed to escape from those two before they had the chance to drag us into their nonsense," she stated as she signaled to the green gentlecolt behind the counter polishing a glass in his hoof.

The green earth pony made his way over to Rarity with a flirtatious twinkle in his eyes before asking, "Oi, what can I get you two lovely birds tonight?"

"Why, hello there mister... " Rarity trailed off, slightly off put by the stallion's heavy accent.

"Name's Clover, but everyone here calls me Lucky. Maybe you birds can make it a fittin' name, if yah know what I mean." Lucky replied with a toothy grin, seemingly unaware of Rarity's shock giving way to disgust.

"I'll have the strongest drink you've got, Mr. Clover." Rarity blew an aggravated huff out of her nose.

"Aw, c'mon. Don't be like that, lass. Tell you wot, my grandpappy used to make a l'il somethin' he named 'Aunt Roberta.' He always said, 'It'll give you a good time, just like Roberta herself.'" He unabashedly winked at an unamused Rarity.

"I should hope so," grumbled Rarity. As Clover turned to locate the necessary ingredients, she glared holes into the side of his head.

"Ha-ha! I've always wanted to make one of these," Clover mused to himself with his grin undimmed as he turned to Twilight. "And for you, my lavender flower?"

Twilight was distracted by the drinking contest going on behind her. As they say, you can lead a couple ponies to water, but you can't make them drink it, and right now the alcohol-to-water ratio that Applejack and Rainbow Dash are consuming is way beyond safe parameters. Somepony has to make sure those girls don't get into trouble, Twilight ruminated as she watched the two ego-driven mares order an eighth pitcher. It took a few seconds before she registered the fact that she had been addressed. "Huh? Oh, umm… I've never really been into things like this. Do you serve tea?" Twilight replied with uncertainty and a hint of unease in her voice.

"Are ya meanin' the Long Island sort?" Clover asked.

"Is that similar to Earl Grey?" Twilight asked, trying to recall whether or not 'Long Island' tea had been in Princess Celestia's tea cabinet.

"Ha-ha, Sure," replied Clover, as he turned away to get started on their orders.

"I'll take that then. How much is it?" Twilight asked.

"Don't worry yerself none. First drink's always free for pretty birds like yerselves," Clover replied looking over his shoulder.

"We can pay for our own *hiccup* drinks, ya know? We don't need a goon like you to pay for us," Rarity slurred angrily with a hint of her parents' accent insinuating itself into her usual theatrical dialect. Upon noticing her empty glass and levitating it upside-down above her face and squinting inside confusedly. "Gimme another."

Clover turned around with Twilight's drink in hoof. "Y'sure, love? How about I get you something lighter?" he said, setting down the Long Island in front of Twilight.

"Another!" Rarity huffed slamming the glass down in front of herself.

Twilight sighed as she sipped at the strange tasting tea. Great. It looks like the list of ponies I have to babysit just increased. It's going to be a long night.

"Don't say I didn't warn ya love, but I haveta cut you off after this one." Clover sighed as he got to work to appease the mare he was slowly losing patience with.

Twilight quickly gulped down the last of her iced 'tea' while glancing at the white mare sitting impatiently beside her. Her mind started to buzz. Ugh, this had better not be a migraine coming on. Why do I have to be the responsible friend?

"Hey *hiccup* give me another, mister bartender sir," Twilight slightly slurred at the bartender and levitated her now-empty glass in front of his face.

Clover merely rolled his eyes before speaking, "Hold on a second, love. You two gotta pay for these next ones first."

Before he could breathe in next a couple dozen bits flew past his face, a few hitting his chest and dropping on the counter.

"*hiccup* More," Rarity demanded as her glass decided to join Twilight's right in front of Clover's face.

Clover mentally grimaced as his grin turned into a straight line across his muzzle before quietly handing them their drinks. This isn't as bad as last Tuesday. At least these ponies are attempting to pay.

~~

Near the front of the bar a dark orange Pegasus stallion stumbled towards the exit before bumping into a pink blur that appeared in front of him, seemingly eager to make his acquaintance.

"Oof. He-hey there ladies, yo-you know you two look exactly alike? *hiccup* Mind if I buy you a drink?" asked the disoriented pegasus.

"Ha-ha! There's only one of me, silly. *hiccup* What kind of drink is it? Is it hot chocolate? The last pony I met here gave me *hiccup* orange juice and told me its name was 'screwdriver.' Isn't that just hilarious? Oh! Can I name the hot chocolate? How about 'torque wrench?' Or 'ball-peen hammer?'" Pinkie bounced in eager anticipation of the stallion's approval, unaware of his attempt to hit on her.

Unfazed, the stallion once again tried his luck, "Ha-ha. That's a nice voice you have there. *hiccup* How 'bout we blow this joint and go make music back at my place?"

"Say, I like the way you think, new pal o' mine. We need some *hiccup* music! But we can't leave while the party's just getting started, so let's sing right here!" Her eyes lost focus, at which she giggled and snorted. "The rooms all wobbly and bobbly and rolling and waving... Do you know any good sea shanties? Don't *hiccup* worry, I gotcha covered. You just *hiccup* sing along with ol' Cap'n Pinkie Pie." Pinkie grabbed the confused pegasus and jumped on top of the table where Applejack and Rainbow Dash were seated, Applejack slouching precariously to her side and Rainbow with her face flat on the table.

"*hiccup* Ahoy, Applejack! This salty dog says he wants to sing, so let's sing!" Pinkie Pie scooped the half-conscious Applejack up and onto another table top and mercifully left the wholely unconscious Rainbow Dash to her dreamless slumber.

In no time Pinkie managed to convince the two to join her in singing a rousing sea shanty with incoherent lyrics despite their advanced state of inebriation. Soon more and more ponies joined in and before long the whole bar began shuffling around and singing merrily.

Rarity, who had more experience with Pinkie Pie's antics than just about anyone else, had been entirely unfazed by the impromptu musical number until Pinkie sent her two unicorn friends' drinks flying as she slid across the bartender's counter. Rarity let out a shriek of both terror and afront at the alcohol abuse, and Twilight looked upon her broken glass with a feeling of longing that was as profound as any she had ever experienced before.

Rarity groaned in frustration. "What does a lady have to do to get a night to simply bucking enjoy herself?"

"You happen to be in luck, love. If ya need to enjoy yerself I'm the pony to call." Clover winked as he wiped bits of broken glass and alcohol off of his face.

"Thats it. I am not going to stand here and endure this asfss... this afff... this ass-front to my dignity any longer!" Rarity huffed and completely whiffed an attempt to dramatically toss her hair out of her face before turning around and storming out of the bar.

Twilight took a second to process what had just happened as she looked around at the still-jolly scene playing out around her. Most ponies, including Pinkie herself, hadn't been aware of Rarity's outburst. H-huh? Wait, where's Rarity going? She's too drunk to go outside. Gotta be the responsible friend, Twilight, She thought as she followed Rarity's wavering, but still distinctly angry, trot to the door.

~~

Twilight felt a jolt of cold air pass over her as she quickly trotted outside The Golden Horseshoe. She paused her pursuit as the sudden drop in temperature from the bar to the streets caused the Long Islands to hit her system at once. "Hey, Rarity where are we going? *hiccup* Do I still have to pay for my tea?"

The white unicorn turned around and gripped Twilight in an unladylike bear hug while she glanced over at the building behind them in disgust. "*hiccup* Twilight we're- *hiccup* we're leaving this dump. Come. We're going- *hiccup* going to a place beef-umm... befitting us ladies."

"*hiccup* Yay!" was all Twilight's mind could come up with as the two of them began to stumble through the streets in search of a place to wind down. Twilight hoped that there would be more tea.

Whether the drunkenness improved Rarity's sense of direction or the alcohol just blurred their sense of time Twilight could not guess. In what seemed like no time at all the pair stumbled upon a building most wouldn't hesitate to call tacky or even scuzzy.

Author's Note:

Man oh man was this one a monumental effort, both in writing and in editing from what I've been told by my editor. (I royally screwed up when it came to writing drunken pony dialog.)

Anyways, did you know that lotus juice recently put out a new album? It slaps, ngl. I've also been listening to soul'd out a lot too recently. I was planning on naming the first bar that, but decided against it.

Also, Aunt Roberta is a real cocktail and one of the strongest ones I've ever had. A couple of those bad things and I don't remember what happened the night before. Sadly, pan galactic gargle blaster doesn't exist as it was pulled from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. (You should read it.)

I've been preoccupied with the persona series recently and decided to dust off and rewrite my Aigis x Kawakami crack fic I never finished from years ago as a palette cleaner while I waited for this chapter to be edited. (I might post it on Ao3 during my free time.) However, as soon as this chapter gets posted I'm going to start writing the next one. So the next one is going to be out within this same amount of time.