• Published 21st Dec 2021
  • 619 Views, 35 Comments

Making magic in the moonlight - The Krawler



After a chance meeting in a Canterlot bar, Twilight and Cheerilee develop a secret relationship

  • ...
1
 35
 619

The big apple and the bigger bookworms

Canterlot, like most big cities, had its fair share of snobbish upper-class ponies. As such, most Canterlot ponies had some antiquated ideas when it came to certain aspects of one's personal life. Though many a pony may not have outright said it, it was clear that the more modern ideas of romance were looked down upon, and petty actions from both sides often fueled the fire of hate that kept the moral war going.

An odd pair of mares sat next to each other on the patio of a rustic-looking cafe in the business district waiting for the other half of their friend group to arrive. The cream-colored mare of the duo raised her foreleg and half-yelled as a waiter walked by, ignoring their group in favor of one that had just sat down. It was an example of what was a common occurrence for the two of them. Although both were often, as they were then, frustrated in such situations, it was the outspoken Bon Bon who usually caused one of two outcomes: a big scene or the pair getting kicked out of the establishment.

The second half of the duo, though not inclined to make a scene, attracted curious glances from other customers and from ponies trotting down the busy street due to her odd way of sitting. Lyra sat upright in a manner similar to how earth pony musicians sit when they hold their instruments between their hindlegs. Unfortunately, the average pony had no knowledge of this and saw her way of sitting as odd at best and vulgar at worst.

"Can you believe these ponies, Lyra? We've been here for THIRTY BUCKING MINUTES while those ponies who just walked in are already getting their order taken." Bon Bon's mane had become more of a bird's nest than its usual loosely curled style, and the clean divide of pink and blue hair had become more of an undefined mixture where the two colors met.

Lyra was barely paying attention to the words that her marefriend spoke. Her mind wandered elsewhere as her eyes took in the sight of Bon Bon, and she thought of how the frazzled earth pony now resembled how she had looked after one of the 'private concerts' that they had often performed. 'Bonnie, y'know how Canterlot ponies can get. Nothing they can do will change how I feel about you.'

Lyra lifted her left forehoof and placed it on top of Bon Bon's and said aloud, "You're so sexy when you get worked up."

Both mares froze and turned to look at each other as a heavy blush found its way onto their muzzles. Bon Bon's frustration quickly melted into bashfulness as Lyra's perversion turned into embarrassment. Though unintentional, Lyra's slip-up had defused the situation.

Several minutes passed before the sound of a waitress loudly clearing her throat broke their trance. "May I take your orders, or should I come back later?" Thinly veiled disgust laced her voice as she stood waiting with a pen and notepad grasped in her magic.

Bon Bon let out a frustrated breath at the question but held her tongue. Keep calm, the last thing we need is to get kicked out of another cafe.

Sensing her marefriend's rising frustration, Lyra quickly looked over the laminated menu that had lain untouched in front of them. "Oh, ummm… I'll have a cucumber sandwich and an iced tea, unsweetened." Lyra looked over at Bon Bon before continuing, "What about you, Bonnie?"

"The same." Bon Bon locked eyes with the waitress, her voice was heavy with anger as she glared at the unfazed unicorn currently writing on her notepad.

As she finished, the waitress let out a huff before turning and mumbling something under her breath about 'filly-foolers' and 'not getting paid enough' as she briskly trotted away. As soon as she was out of earshot Bon Bon resumed her tirade, albeit in a quieter and more reasonable manner.

"Why in Celestia's name did we have to come here of all places? Why couldn't we have gone to that one cafe with the free chips and salsa or to Donut Joe's? At least he isn't a stuck-up piece of-" Bon Bon's rant was cut off as Lyra's lips met her own, calming her down enough for Lyra to answer.

"Calm down, Honey. I know it's hard to not get angry at these ponies, but it could be worse. They could've just refused to serve us like that one high-class restaurant did last week." Lyra pulled her marefriend into an awkward hug before continuing, "Besides, you know why we're here. This place is like ten minutes away from the train station, and Donut Joe's is like half-way across the city."

Bon Bon's ears flattened against her head. She knew Lyra was right, but she wished that she wasn't as she embraced her marefriend. "Promise we'll leave as soon as Colgate and Cheerilee get here?" The tone of frustration that Bon Bon's voice had carried had been broken leaving a quiet whisper in its place.

Lyra turned her head and nuzzled under one of Bon Bon's ears as she soothingly whispered. "I promise. We don't even have to wait for our order, either. As soon as they get here we can go to Donut Joe's. My treat."

Lyra frowned internally. Having been born and raised in Canterlot had made her resistant to the harsh realities of the city, but seeing the way Bon Bon felt left an indescribable feeling in her stomach that made her want to lash out at anypony who wronged her marefriend, despite how bubbly and optimistic she normally was.

The mushy mood dispersed almost as soon as it had descended upon them, as a familiar voice called out, causing the other ponies around them to stop and focus their attention on them.

"Hey Harpflanks, Sweets! Long time no see."

~~

Camelot Street was one of the busiest streets in Canterlot. It hadn't always been that way, but when the construction of Canterlot's first ever train station was finished it turned one of the quieter roads of the city into one of it's busiest thoroughfares, second only to Royale Avenue, which served both as an open air market and as the main entrance to the castle that housed Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"Hey, Colgate, mind slowing down a little? I don't even know where we're supposed to meet up!" Although Cheerilee shouted, her voice was drowned out by the sea of commuters who were hurriedly galloping every way imaginable as they tried to navigate the street.

With a small sigh, Cheerilee found herself dodging and weaving through an oncoming crowd of ponies. She barely managed to not lose sight of her blue unicorn friend thanks in no small part to the giant mountain of floating luggage that shoulder checked any pony who dared to get in its way.

After a dozen minutes or so of navigating the rough ocean that was Camelot Street, Cheerilee caught up with the now-immobile mountain in front of her. Walking around it revealed a tired Colgate trying to catch her breath. Cheerilee smiled smugly at her friend as she tried to decide whether to ask either if Colgate was okay or where they were supposed to be headed. Settling upon the latter Cheerilee cleared her throat to catch her friend's attention.

"Looks like your age is catching up with you." Cheerilee stopped to readjust her own case that sat on her back. "By the way, any idea where we're headed?"

Colgate lifted her hoof and wiped away a few drops of sweat rolling down her forehead before pointing towards a deep green-colored cafe just up ahead. "Huff… We're… meeting at… Starbuck…"

Looking back towards the cafe, Cheerilee spied the lovebirds, Lyra and Bon Bon, hugging and enjoying the moment, oblivious to the world around them. 'Some ponies just have it all in this world, don't they? It must be nice to have a special somepony.'

"I guess I'll go on ahead then. You look like you're going to need all the help you can get with all that luggage you brought." Cheerilee trotted off without listening for an answer. Near the green ornate railing that lined the patio, Cheerilee came to a stop and called out to Lyra and Bon Bon. "Hey Harpflanks, Sweets! Long time no see."

~~

Hours passed as the group of four managed, with no small amount of effort, to transport Colgate's mountain of luggage to a hotel near the heart of Canterlot. Gone was the sea of ponies on their morning commute, replaced by stragglers that occasionally wandered up and down the now-desolate roads.

"So, this is it, huh? I didn't expect you two Ponyville girls to be staying in such a high-class place," Colgate jokingly stated as she looked the building up and down. "How in the hay did you afford this?"

In truth, the hotel was one of the finest that the city had to offer. The blackish-grey stucco outer walls, accentuated with rich mahogany trimming, were contrasted by pure white load-bearing marble pillars that tied the facade together in a such a way that the typically ostentatious elements could be seen as minimalistic additions. No doubt a complex blend of engineering and exterior design had gone into achieving the perfect balance between the dark-grey, white, and rich brown tones that caused the building to stand out from, yet also blend into, the city around it.

Cheerilee absent-mindedly admired the building as the group prepared to walk inside. 'I bet a single night here would cost me a whole paycheck.'

Lyra answered Colgate's question, "You know how Bonnie and I were visiting because of that contract that I received to play background music for a series of plays?" Colgate nodded in response to the rhetorical question. "Well, one thing led to another, and both of us kind of got involved with that changeling invasion a couple weeks ago." Lyra shuddered thinking back to that awful day. "Totally not our fault," she said while shaking her head and holding up her forelegs.

Bon Bon nuzzled her marefriend before picking up where she had left off. "Totally. Thankfully, the princesses decided to reimburse us for the whole ordeal, because the plays were canceled for the foreseeable future." Bon Bon turned and pointed toward the top floor of the hotel. "As for how we could afford this place, the other hotel we were staying in had been destroyed by the invasion, so for the rest of our stay the princesses rented out the penthouse suite as a way of saying, 'sorry.'"

Both Colgate's and Cheerilee's minds raced at the information that had been presented to them. They went from wondering if their friends were hurt during the invasion to being curious about the price tag on their luxurious new hotel suite.

"Are you guys okay?" "Were you scared?" "Did either of you get hurt?" After processing what their friends had just told them, Cheerilee and Colgate bombarded them with overlapping questions causing the couple to giggle at their concerns.

"We're fine. Honestly aside from a couple of our suitcases getting screatched and dented we did not get hurt at all." Bon Bon playfully bumped her marefriend before continuing, "If anything, Lyra here was more put out by the paperwork that we had to fill out afterwards."

"Trust me when I say this: I'd rather go through that whole invasion again before even thinking about the paperwork that we had to fill out." Lyra's stomach growled as she finished speaking.

"We should probably get settled in, so we can go grab a bite to eat somewhere before it gets too late." Bon Bon turned to walk inside before calling back towards the rest of the group. "I'll see if we can get some of the staff to help us."

The suite took up almost an entire floor of the hotel, save for the hallway leading up to it. Its layout was asymmetrical, having two bedrooms and a bathroom on the left side of a living room while the right held a master bedroom with a connected bathroom. Each room was furnished with a sleek and minimalistic black-and-white theme. Near the far side of the living room was an open kitchen which sat right beside the entrance to the large balcony that took up an entire outer wall, allowing one to view the cityscape no matter where they stood in the living room.

The group sat on the black leather wrap-around sofa in the center of the living room of the suite waiting for Colgate to finish getting ready.

"Does Lyra usually take this long getting ready?" Cheerilee looked around the room, searching for a timepiece in order to figure out just how long they had been waiting.

Bon Bon rolled eyes. "You wouldn't believe how bad Lyra can get. Sometimes I have to lie about what time things are scheduled."

"Must be a unicorn thing. I swear to Celestia, every time I have an appointment scheduled at Colgate's clinic I'm stuck waiting half an hour in the lobby reading old magazines."

"I'll have you know dentistry is time consuming. I can't magic away cavities y'know." Colgate hollered from the bathroom that connected to the living room. "Besides, I'll only be five more minutes."

'That's what you said the last three times.' Cheerilee fought the urge to argue back with the unicorn knowing that arguing would just encourage her to take even longer.

~~

The day drew to a close after hours of sightseeing and catching up with one another as the group of mares continued towards their final stop for the day: Cenando en la Luna. To many it was a charming family-run hole in the wall in the eastern district of Canterlot--the kind that, although it wouldn't be out of place in Mexicolt, stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the the high-class restaurants that littered that part of the city.

For Cheerilee, however, this was once a place she had called home. Her family had moved here and set up shop when she was a filly in hope of living the Canterlot dream. Depending on who you asked, you would get various answers as to whether or not they had achieved such a dream, but if you asked her mom and dad they'd regale you with stories of hardships and family bonds that'd make a grown stallion cry. Unfortunately, family bonds also came with a side of embarrassment so thick that you could cut through it with a butter knife.

"Are you two sure you want to eat here? It's your anniversary, after all. Don't you want to go to a high-class restaurant or something?" Cheerilee pleaded as the building in question came into view near the end of the block.

Lyra rolled her eyes at Cheerilee's question as she continued towards their destination. "Believe me, we've already tried going to one of those fancy places, and even though the food was good the atmosphere was ruined by the way ponies stared at us."

"She's right. It's always something with those high-class ponies. They always find something to dislike about a pony," Bon Bon added as she nuzzled against Lyra. "The last one we visited refused to serve us because we weren't wearing anything! Seriously, who would do something like that?"

"You don't have to worry about that kind of thing where we're going. Cheerilee's parents aren't the type of ponies to do something silly like that." Colgate jokingly added as she looked towards Cheerilee, "The most they'll do is accidentally embarrass their daughter, and luckily I'm not her."

"Oh, ha-ha. Very funny, Colgate. You can't even imagine how embarrassed I was the last time I visited them. They thought I was bringing a special somepony with me. They even had the whole place decorated with a reserved booth and everything." Cheerilee glared side-long at Colgate with that tight-lipped, high-browed frown that teachers love to aim at misbehaving students. "I wonder who told them that, anyway. You wouldn't know anything about it, would you?"

"Me? No, I have no idea who gave them that silly idea. OH, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! We're here. Ha-ha. Why don't I just make sure there's a table for us?" Before she had finished speaking the last few syllables, Colgate rushed on ahead of the group and to the relative safety of the check-in queue.

~~

''Cenando en la Luna." Cheerilee hummed. "When was the last time we visited this place?" Cheerilee mused as they sat in a booth towards the front of the restaurant. Sparing a glance toward the front register, a collage of pictures of the local high school's various sports teams over the years caught the school teacher's eye. 'That brings back memories. How long has it been? Around ten years if I'm not mistaken.' Near the bottom-left of the various photos was a faded newspaper clipping labeled 'Upcoming Band Taking Canterlot By Storm' that depicted a group of familiar mares, including Cheerilee herself, posing with their instruments as though the picture were going to be the back cover of their new album. As that thought entered her brain the now-fully grown former muscian let out a sigh she didn't notice she was holding in.

"Oh, relax Cheerilee. It's only for one weekend. When was the last time we girls hung out anyways?" cried out the seafoam coated unicorn sitting opposite the magenta earth pony.

Cheerilee gently shook her head before replying, "Look girls, I know it's Lyra's and Bon Bon's anniversary, but aren't we a little too old to be doing something like that?" Her green eyes glanced around the rest of the group as she finished. 'Nothing truly changes, does it? Lyra, Bon Bon, Colgate, and me--we're all still stuck together after all these years.'

"C'mon, Cheerilee, loosen up a little. We're in Canterlot. No honor student's helicopter mom from Ponyville is going to be here to judge us for knocking a few back and cutting loose." Colgate grabbed Cheerilee by the withers with a foreleg as she motioned with her other hoof towards her friend's chest, "Or maybe your hang-up is that you have a super-secret somepony living here in the Big Apple that you're not telling us about," she teased.

"You do know that we're not in Neigh York, right Colgate?" Cheerilee felt her face become slightly warmer at Colgate's mention of a special somepony.

"Y'know, Lyra's right. The last time we did anything together was during cider season around five months ago back in Ponyville," replied Bon Bon, "and the time before that was when your class put on that Hearts and Hooves Day play." As she finished speaking an older burgundy-coated unicorn stallion with a graying lavender slicked back mane walked up to them carrying their orders in his magical grasp.

As he set down the dishes in front of the group he began to smile before speaking, "Dear Celestia! It's been ages since I saw you girls." He turned towards Cheerilee before continuing, "And you there, Little Miss Lee Lee, you should really come visit your mother and I more often or at the very least write to us outside of the occasional holiday letters."

"Not to brag or anything, but we come here at least once a month Mr. Spark," replied the tan-coated mare as she draped one of her forehooves over Lyra.

"Oh, don't I know it. You two are half the reason this place can stay afloat," Mr. Spark replied in a mischievous tone. "However, the only time we see our little girl is during the holidays what with her living in Ponyville."

"The train ticket to Canterlot from Ponyville isn't cheap, Dad," Cheerilee stated while she playfully rolled her eyes, "not to mention how much they jack up the prices during holiday seasons. A teachers salary isn't much." 'Not to mention that all you two do is question me about being single.'

"Y'know, I'm kinda hurt, Moonlit--all this talk about missing us but you haven't even said a word to your daughter's best friend," Colgate teased while she put a forehoof over her mouth feigning hurt.

"We see you more often than our daughter, since your parents and you often dine here when you come to visit them," Mr. Spark replied. "And besides, you actually send us letters unlike a certain somepony." The older stallion whispered that last part as he side-eyed Cheerilee who sat there with a barely contained smile. "With that said, however, I should let you girls enjoy your meals before they get cold." As he finished speaking, Mr. Spark turned around and trotted back towards the deep blue kitchen doors near the back of the restaurant.

~~

"Remind me why we're doing this again?" asked a lavender unicorn as she and her friends sat around a large dining table in one of Canterlot Castle's many, many dining rooms.

"That's simple, silly!" exclaimed a pink earth pony currently bouncing up and down on her seat. "We've been here for FOREVER doing booooring paperwork after those mean bug ponies crashed the party in the Crystal Kingdom. AND! The princesseses said we could have the day off while we wait for Fluttershy to finish."

Twilight rolled her eyes at the overly animated Pinkie who sat--not that she stayed in her seat much--opposite of herself. 'Where does that energy even come from?' "I know Fluttershy is still busy with the last of her paperwork, but I don't understand what that has to do with us girls going out and making fools of ourselves."

"Pinkie, darling, it wasn't a party. It was an oh-so-romantic wedding," the marshmallow-white coated unicorn sitting next to Pinkie said as she dramatically threw a forehoof across her forehead and half-swooned at the idea. "Sadly, those despicable 'changeling' creatures simply had to ruin such a beautiful night and leave us with the paperwork."

"Y'know Pinkie, I may not be the best with fancy wordings and all, but I don't think 'princesseses' is a real word," replied an orange country pony with her mouth full of food, which caused Rarity to wince as a couple of bits of chewed food flew onto her plate thus claiming it as their own.

Twilight glanced sidelong at her friend. 'C'mon AJ, everypony knows not to correct Pinkie's Pinkie-ness.'

"NUH UH! Of course it's a real word, because I just said it," Pinkie responded as she blew a raspberry in Applejack's direction.

The resulting spittle piloted itself onto Rarity's plate to join the aforementioned chewed food in a fight to colonize their new found land. Rarity sighed, as the two began arguing semantics and pushed her plate forward to make room for her to face plant onto the table. Twilight winced at the resulting bang that ended the war of germs that was taking place on Rarity's plate.

'And so it begins,' Twilight thought, looking across the table at the now dejected Rarity.

"C'mon, you egghead, when was the last time you let loose?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Besides, did you see how much paperwork they had us do? Just look at how worn out Rarity is over there."

"I don't think going around and visiting clubs is a good way to alleviate stress," Twilight said as she spared her fellow unicorn a pittying glance. 'Besides that, I've never been to one of those places.'

"You're such a wet blanket, Twilight. What else did you have planned for today--reading books in the library or something?" teased Rainbow Dash.

"I'll have you know that the royal library has literal tons," Twilight paused to giggle quietly at her own pun, "of rare books that aren't easy to get your hooves on--for instance, Clover the Clever's Guide to the Natural World, Volumn III. It pioneered the idea of farming and-" Before she could continue her impromptu lecture Applejack cut her off.

"Y'know Twi, I appreciate the thought, but I'd rather not think about work on one of my days off." Thankfully, her argument with Pinkie had left her with no time to refuel the colony of plate invaders in her mouth. "'Sides, I feel like after that whole wedding shindig we should cut loose some whiles we're here in the Big Apple and all."

'We're in Canterlot, not Neigh York.' Twilight sighed and thought before deciding against correcting her friend. "I'm surprised that Rarity agreed to join us." Rarity's ear twitched upon hearing her name, and she regained her posture. Twilight continued, "I mean, isn't this kind of unladylike?"

"Please, darling, these last few days have been draining on my mind and on my beautiful body. I think I deserve to indulge if just for a night." Rarity flicked her mane back before continuing, "Besides, think of the romantic potential here--meeting a charming stallion in a quaint little bar and hitting it off only to find yourself in a secret relationship where the both of you have to sneak away to rendezvous under the midnight moon. Isn't that just the pinnacle of romance?" She squeed in happiness as she fell back into her imaginary world of romance.

'Looks like there's no way out of this.' "I guess you girls aren't going to let me sit this one out," Twilight said as she rolled her eyes.

"You bet we aren't, you egghead." Rainbow Dash paused for a second before swinging her foreleg around Twilight's withers and giving her friend a playful noogie with her free forehoof. "Besides, we need someone to keep us in check, and who better to do that than our favorite square?"

"Alright, alright! I guess somepony needs to keep you girls in line," Twilight replied as she tried and failed to escape Rainbow Dash's death grip.

~~

"Come on, Cheerilee, you're the only one still eating and you're not even halfway done." Lyra looked over towards the half-eaten cherry chimichanga on her friend's plate. "Don't tell me you're getting cold hooves."

"Yeah, we're burning daylight, err... I mean night light here." Colgate spared a glance at a clock adorning the wall. "It's already ten o'clock."

"You girls know I'm a slow eater. It's not my fault. I'll go ask for a take-out box." Cheerilee excused herself before walking towards the register. As she stepped up to the counter, an older earth mare with a faded pink mane styled in an old-fashioned beehive with a complementary salmon-colered coat walked out of the back room door. Sigh. 'Here it comes.'

"Cheeri! Baby, Darling, Honey!" exclaimed the mare from behind the counter. "You should really visit more. Have you found a special somepony yet? I could introduce you to Margaret's son. Remember her? She's in my book club. She was at your high school gradu-"

"Mom! You don't have to be so loud, you know." Cheerilee's cheeks flushed slightly at her mother's comments. "Besides, I'm not looking for anypony right now. My job keeps me busy enough as it is."

"Mmm, Honey, I just wish you visited more often. Your dad and I aren't getting any younger, and I wanna see my grand-babies before I go grey like your father has." Her mom's eyes betrayed her cheerful tone. "Whatever happened to that farmer stallion you mentioned a while back?"

'Not one minute has gone by and it's already started.' Cheerilee sighed. "You already know what happened, Mom. It wasn't real love. Some of my students were messing around with a love potion."

"Are you sure? Did you at least give him a chance after that whole mess?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Mom. I promise, next time I visit we can sit down and talk about this."

"Oh, alright. I guess I shouldn't keep you girls waiting then." She started to type something out on the register using her forehooves before it started printing a receipt. "That'll be fifty-seven bits, Honey. Do you need any take-out boxes or anything?"

'Thankfully, I didn't have to stand here for a half-hour like last time.' Cheerilee thought for a moment as she fiddled with a strap on her left-side saddlebag and produced from the bag money that she handed to her mother. "Um, yeah. Can I get a small one?"

"Sure thing. By the way, Hon, if you don't mind me asking, what are you girls going to do for Lyra and Bon Bon's anniversary after this?" she asked as she ducked behind the counter before reappearing with a small white styrofoam container.

"Oh. Well, we were planning to have a girls' night out on the town, so to speak."

"Cheeri, I know your father and I are always asking about-" She stopped herself before finishing her train of thought, "well y'know, but don't do anything I wouldn't do out there."

"Thanks, Mom. I promise I'll visit again before I go back home." After a small hug across the counter with her mother, Cheerilee took the take-out box in her mouth and trotted across the restaurant back to her friends who were talking amongst one another.

As she reached the table, Cheerilee greeted them once more. "Sorry I took so long, girls. You know how my mom gets when I say goodbye."

"No worries, Cheerilee. Remember how long it took us to leave here back during graduation?" Bon Bon asked as the group began to stand up and stretch.

Lyra was the first one to respond. "Tell me about it. I remember us leaving like three hours after we finished eating."

Colgate jokingly shivered. "Don't remind me. My parents yelled at me for being late to the graduation dinner they had planned for me that night."

"Are we going back to the hotel before we start celebrating?" Cheerilee asked as she gently set her leftovers into her saddlebags.

"And give you a chance to get cold hooves again? Its already late as it is, and the hotel is a good thirty-minute walk from here. I say we get straight to it," replied Colgate as she playfully punched Cheerilee's left foreleg. "Nice try, though."

Author's Note:

Howdy y'all,

Sorry for the long while in-between updates y'all, lots of things happened. Anyways, due to this I haven't been able to write and went like a week between writing sessions, so this chapter may seem a bit rough around the edges since I wanted to put this out there as soon as possible. I feel like I did a bad job with writing Cheerilee's group of friends in the middle part of this chapter, writing this many characters in the same scene is super hard.

Anyways, like and subscribe, and don't forget to hit that bell icon in order to get notific-comment on what I can improve upon.

Sincerely,

Bug

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Heyo,

I'm not sure if anyone has clicked the bookmark button for this stories updates yet, I've seen a few peeps save this to their favorites though. Hopefully that still alerts them to new updates. ANYWAYS, important announcements for all. An incredibly talented person by the name of zx29b has helped me a ton by helping edit this chapter and are planning on going through the first two chapters as well. They even helped make the dialog feel more natural when the colorful ponies start speaking.

all in all, they've been a great help as they've went above and beyond for a random stranger like myself. With their help, hopefully this story becomes one of the great ones; despite it being a crack ship, lol.

As for future readers, hello I hope the fandom is still kicking all those years in the future.