• Published 5th Dec 2021
  • 1,587 Views, 30 Comments

Get Him! 2 - AndrewsArchive

  • ...
12
 30
 1,587

Chapter 29: Nearing The End

Chapter 29: Nearing The End



As the sun rose up into the sky, Alex slowly woke up from the bed he was sleeping in. After his battle with Trixie, he checked on Lyra and Bon Bon to see if they were okay from the impact of the tree and they luckily woke up from the events. Since they didn't want to see Alex get hurt again, they brought him back to their home in Ponyville (Without anypony seeing them, that is...), and gave him some food to regain his strength. But since Alex dined differently from ponies, he picked out anything he felt he couldn't eat like hay. And they let him sleep in a guest bedroom they had and he was able to sleep peacefully.

All three were then walking into the Everfree Forest yet again as Lyra and Bon Bon had no idea exactly wondered why Alex was wanting to go in here. Especially since they've heard a lot about the horrors of this forest.

"Um... Alex...?" Bon Bon asked, "Why are we even in this scary place?"

"Because that Zecora might be done with the potion that can transport me and Andrew home." Alex simply replied. "Yet... there's something that is really confusing me..."

"What's that?" Lyra asked him.

"When I was looking for Andrew in that abandoned castle, I came across a "prophecy," Alex said, "And it said Andrew is this Chosen One saying that he is destined to defeat some sort of evil that shares his looks. I don't if he might end up staying around here..."

Lyra and Bon Bon were both shocked by what Alex said. They always believed Twilight and her friends were always going to be the heroes. But Lyra suddenly smiled.

"No way!" Lyra exclaimed. "An actual human being a hero in this world! THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LI-"

Both Alex and Bon Bon quickly covered the mint-green unicorn's mouth while shushing her as not to drag any attention to them. They all quickly looked around and sighed seeing nopony had heard them.

"Don't do that again..." Alex said as they continued walking, only to stop to see that they were right in front of Zecora's hut. "Huh... that was fast..."

Alex then knocked on the front door while the two mares stayed behind. Luckily for him, Zecora answered the door and was happy to see him. "Ah, Alex, I'm sure you're wondering about the potion. I was able to finish it despite the commotion."

Zecora then held up a potion bottle with a strange blue liquid inside it as Zecora explained. "At the right time, use the potion and you're way home will chime. But be careful, you'll only have one shot, so find the right spot."

"I literally don't know how you're able to say your sentences like that, but alright." Alex said. "Thanks for everything, Zecora."

Zecora simply nodded as Alex went back with Lyra and Bon Bon to continue their quest to find Andrew.


Somewhere else in the Everfree Forest, Lachlan Dingo had found Rainbow Dash and convinced her to quit her jerkish behavior. Of course, he had his ways of talking to his best friend. The two walked deeper into the forest on their way back to Ponyville.

"Hey, thanks for talking to me about this, kid." Rainbow Dash said to her best friend. "And to think they'd let me be a Wonderbolt if they caught me like that."

"How'd you come up with that?" Lachlan asked.

"I dunno, I had this pretty sad nightmare where I pushed Alex out of a window and Spitfire saved him before I could get to him." She went on, "She came to tell me I was accepted, but after seeing that, she just ripped my acceptance letter in front of me. Though I get weird Deja Vu like I've experienced that before."

"Well, I'm just happy you aren't a flankhole anymore!" Lachlan replied, "That isn't the Rainbow Dash I know and love. She's the coolest and loyal friend ever. You might even be more than just a friend to me!"

Rainbow Dash blushed, "Alright, alright.... Just don't tell anypony about that."

Lachlan sheepishly smiled. "Heh, sorry..."

The two then made their way back to Ponyville. Lachlan told Rainbow Dash where Twilight and the others with since Andrew confronted them. However, something seemed off. The back of the Golden Oaks Library was completely destroyed. Confusing the two.

"What happened here?!" Lachlan said, "This wasn't like this before!"

"Weird, even the doorknob is missing." Rainbow Dash pointed at the door, the doorknob was completely destroyed. As if someone had used a taser on it.


Discord casually floated down to the tree Dark had crashed into. He found the demonic doppelganger semi-knocked out from crashing into the tree. Dark was pretty much seeing stars.

"Oh my, looks like you had a rough night." Discord smirked. "Perhaps you should lay off the cider next time."

Dark snarled as he punched the stars spinning around him. "You mock me with your weak jokes. Yet we've lost the princess'!"

"Oh please," Discord said, "I know they just teleported back to their castle back in Canterlot. There's no rush!"

Dark scoffed, "You said you had some beef to deal with this Lachlan Dingo? Y'know where exactly he is?"

"I may not, but I'm sure he might be in Ponyville somewhere. Perhaps hanging out with his marefriend, Rainbow Dash. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave that Alex guy up to her."

Dark thought for a moment. He knew if that dingo was around, he could probably try and defend Andrew in anyway. This dog is considered an obstacle to him. To Dark, he needed to be destroyed.


"D-do you think they might've been captured by Chrysalis or Discord?" Lachlan whimpered to Rainbow Dash, who pet his hair in response.

"Hey, c'mon kid." Rainbow Dash replied. "Discord's encased in stone again, and Chrysalis was sent far way now. I'd doubt they're in any danger."

Lachlan slowly smiled, he knew that Twilight as strong enough to protect Andrew and her friends. But little did he know, what would happen soon.

Rainbow Dash and Lachlan Dingo both suddenly heard chatting from the entrance coming from the Everfree Forest. Lachlan jumped behind Rainbow Dash, scared from who it may be as Rainbow prepared to fight whoever was coming there way. But instead she was met with Lyra, Bon Bon, and...

"LEXY?!"

Alex gasped realizing the one pegasus he was scared about and took off running, but Rainbow Dash instantly flew right in front of him, causing Alex to fall down onto the ground. "PLEASE! I'M SORRY! OKAY?! JUST STOP IT ALREADY!" He pleaded.

"Calm down, already!" Rainbow Dash spoke. "I'm the one who should be apologizing! I shouldn't've taken my frustration out on you!"

"How do I know you're not just lying so you can use that potion on me?!" Alex glared.

"Because I spoke her out of it." Lachlan spoke up, "I knew I could convince her out of it."

Alex looked at Lachlan, completely shocked seeing a talking dog. First ponies, then dragons, and now dogs? This world is getting more crazier and crazier by the minute.

"How?" Alex said, "Do you have some sort of cuteness charm or something?!"

"Maybe~!" Lachlan smirked, causing Rainbow Dash to wince while blushing.

"Ugh. What I mean is that, I don't expect you to believe me, nor do I expect you to forgive me, Lexy." Rainbow Dash said to Alex. "I just want you to know, I'm sorry.... and to your other friend too..."

Alex was taken aback over what everything. Out of all the ponies, she was the one he expected the least to apologize, but Alex felt a wave of relief on his face, knowing that she had calmed down.

"Well... I'll be straight forward..." Alex, said, "I can't really forgive you right away, Rainbow Dash. Your anger was justifiable, but your actions weren't. So please promise me this, promise me that you won't ever try to kill someone over petty reasons." Alex then stuck out his hand for Rainbow Dash, who shook his hand while keeping her head low.

"Alright, I promise." Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Good," Alex said, "Anyways, since you and... your dog showed up... do you think you two can help me out in finding Andrew?"

"Heh, y'kidding?" Rainbow Dash smirked, "Did you forget who you're talking to Lex- uh... I mean... Alex?"

Alex rolled his eyes. "No, I did not..."

"Don't worry, guys! I can track Andrew down!" Lachlan said as he started sniffing the ground, searching for Andrew. Rainbow and Alex both started to follow him, but Alex stopped seeing Lyra and Bon Bon weren't following them.

"Are you two coming?" Alex asked.

"No, sorry!" Bon Bon replied. "We only came with you because Lyra just loves your species so much apparently!"

"I can die happy knowing I met a human!" Lyra cheered. "Bye Alex! I hope you find your friend!:

Alex chuckled at Lyra's strange behavior towards him before catching up with Rainbow Dash and Lachlan. He felt like things were finally going the way he'd hoped for!


But little did he know what would happen next...


Lachlan continued to sniff the ground, tracking Andrew's possible location. So far, nothing seemed to be picking up, but he suddenly got an unsettling vibe. Rainbow Dash and Alex both took note of this as they saw Lachlan had stopped moving.

"Hey, Lachlan, buddy?" Rainbow Dash spoke up, "You doing okay?"

"S-Something's off...."

"Why's that?" Alex asked.

"I...I feel some sort of presence, almost like Andrew's... but... it feels... EVIL."

"Evil?" Alex's eyes widened. "Your joking right?"

Before Lachlan could respond, they suddenly noticed a crowd of ponies all cowering at the site of something terrifying. At first, Lachlan and Rainbow Dash thought it might've been Princess Luna returning for Nightmare NIght. But there was one problem..... IT WASN'T NIGHTMARE NIGHT.

Alex looked over to see what the ponies were all scared about, but what he saw shocked him. It was Andrew! But his whole body were different shades of gray. He was standing at the top of a random building. But Alex didn't know that it reality, it was Dark Andrew.

"I will not ask any of you again!" Dark yelled. "WHERE. IS. LACHLAN DINGO?!"

Most ponies just screamed and ran off from the demonic doppelganger while screaming. Dark just scoffed at the ponies' incompliance. "Pathetic Equestrian creatures... Even today, they are pathetic as they were back then...

"Who do y'all think ya are? Terrorizing ponies like that?" a voice suddenly came from the crowd, revealing it to be Applejack. "Ya won't even get the chance to lay a single claw on him anyway!"

Dark snarled. "I will not be talked down by some worthless waste of flesh and bones like you!" Dark Andrew then cracked his knuckles as purple electricity sparked out. "I have no choice but to destroy you for your refusal to comply!"

Dark angrily fired a shot of magic above his head with his fingers. It lands behind him, setting the surroundings on fire. He then fires a shot at Applejack, who quickly dodges. Applejack then tried to buck Dark, but he quickly tilted his head to the side and swatted at Applejack, sending her flying before she landed on all fours, glaring at the demon.

Dark Andrew then jumped in the air as the electricity in his arms became stronger, Dark Andrew then put his hands together and shot a giant beam of magic towards her like a certain anime. Applejack widened her eyes as she then ran to the side to avoid getting hit. Applejack then pulled out her lasso and sent it flying towards the demon. However, Dark suddenly canceled his beam attack and grabbed the rope.

Applejack's head filled with sweat as Dark pulled the rope to yank her towards him before firing a smaller beam of electricity that knocked Applejack into a tree. Dark walked up to her and prepares to fire another large beam of electricity, ready to finish off the cowgirl.

But before he can fire, he suddenly felt a fist collide to his pelvis. He flew mid air before landing on the ground to see his attacker. It was none other than the one he was looking for. Lachlan also had electricity running through his body and his eyes as he growled at Dark.

"So...." Dark said, "YOU'RE the one Discord told me about..."

Lachlan raised an eyebrow as Dark spoke on, "He's waiting for you.... I'll see you in Canterlot..." Dark's hands ignited in a darkish purple aura before he suddenly disappeared.

"D-Discord... escaped...?" Lachlan whimpered.

"Who was that guy?" Rainbow Dash said as she helped Applejack get up to her hooves.

"Ah dunno, sugar." Applejack said, "But that varmint really knows how to pack a punch. If it weren't for Lachlan, Ah'd be a goner."

Lachlan fell to his knees, Discord was back? And who was that demon? Why did he look just like Andrew?

Alex then walked up to him as he put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry... Lachlan... IF you and your friends were able to beat Discord before... I'm sure you can do it again..."

"But..." Lachlan spoke softly, "What if he makes me betray my friends again...?"

"He won't." Rainbow Dash said as she and Applejack walked up to him. "I'll make sure of it."

Lachlan slowly smiled, "Thanks, Dashie. At least I'm sure Andrew will be safe with Twilight anyway!"

Lachlan's eyes suddenly shot open as Alex's eyes did too.

"ANDREW!"

Author's Note:

The final two chapters are coming soon...


And yes, Applejack did apologize to Alex offscreen.