• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 2,530 Views, 54 Comments

A Rise to Rule, and A Heart to Conquer - dorgaorpha



An AU story of Chrysalis's rise to power, and her love for Cadence.

  • ...
10
 54
 2,530

A New Life, and A Fateful Meeting

A Rise to Rule, and a Heart to Conquer

Chapter 1

A New Life, and a Fateful Meeting

In the middle of the night, within the changeling kingdom of Noraak Thu’m, a mansion has been cast ablaze with a family trapped inside, trying to escape.
“MOTHER! FATHER!” the voice of a young changeling called out, her tears being dried as the heat built up around her.
“CHRYSALIS!” the voice of the caring mother called out, rushing for her daughter and wrapping her arms around her. “Chrysalis we must leave now! Where is your brother?!”
“P-Pupa was…P-Pupa was…” the young Chrysalis sniffled as she recalled her brother being crushed underneath some fallen debris. Her mother held back her tears and knew now was not the time to mourn for her son.
“We must leave!” she said picking up her daughter and carried her through the house.
“Polytes!” a masculine voice called out.
“Actias!” the mother whose name was Polytes called to her husband.
“Father!” Chrysalis called out.
“Polytes, you must leave with Chrysalis and Pupa! Where is Pupa?!” Actias asked.
“Father Pupa…Pupa was…!” the young Changling cried.
“Those…Those bastards!” the man screamed out, going to his wife and daughter. “You must go! The ones who caused the fire are in the front! I’ll hold them off but you two must leave!” he kissed his wife and daughter before backing away from them. “I love you…”
“I love you too…” his wife responded before turning away from him.
“F-Father? Father?! No please! Come with us! FATHER!” Chrysalis cried out, only to be taken out the back of the house with her mother.
Inside her father began to cry as he knew his fate, wishing he could have seen his son alive once more and to see his daughter grow up. Though, his fate was sealed as he saw seven hooded figures now standing in front of him.
“Actias…your reign must end here…” one of the hooded figures said as they drew their weapons.
“Then come! Take the throne from me!” he yelled as he drew his own weapon, running towards the seven hooded figures.
Behind the burning mansion however a young Chrysalis and her mother were being loaded into a carriage. Polytes stopped and turned as she looked into the burning building, swearing she could hear the clanging of swords.
“My Lady?” one of the servants in the carriage said looking to her mistress. Polytes held back tears and turned to her daughter.
“Chrysalis! You are the last heir to the throne of Noraak Thu’m! You must live!” her mother told her as she placed her hands on her face, resting her horn against her daughters.
“M-Mother aren’t you coming with us? Mo-mother please!” she begged as tears flooded her eyes.
“Ariadne you must protect my daughter! Please keep her safe!” Polytes commanded her servant who only nodded, understanding this would be the last time they see each other.
“I love you Chrysalis…GO!” she commanded as she stepped back, Ariadne giving a hyah to send the carriage off away from the burning mansion.
“MOTHEEEEEEEER!” Chrysalis cried out as she and Ariadne sped off away from the mansion, seeing her mother disappear into the burning building.


In the land of Equestria the sun had raised on a new day in the city of Canterlot. In one particular castle, a young Princess named Cadence had just awoken to the bright new day.
“Good morning Canterlot” the girl said stretching herself. Soon the girl was up and about, dressing herself and running downstairs to meet her father and mother, Valentine and Saint Patrick.
“Good morning mother! Good morning Father!” she said happily as she hugged Valentine while she cooked, and Saint Patrick as he sat at the table.
“Cadence! Good morning my child! Did you sleep well?” her mother asked as she prepared breakfast for her.
“Yes mother!” she said happily.
“Have pleasant dreams?” her father asked.
“Only the best daddy” she said happily as she hugged Saint Patrick.
“Good, breakfast will be ready soon, so go on ahead and get a plate” he said with a smile and Cadence did as she was told. Saint Patrick was reading through his newspaper and sighed as he saw the front cover.
“Can you believe this? Changelings sneaking into Equestria!” he read aloud.
“Apparently things have been bad in Noraak Thu’m, so many of them fled to Equestria” the stated as she served breakfast to her husband and daughter.
“Yeah well they can go back! A lot have been causing trouble with their shape-shifting abilities and I’d rather have them gone!”
“But don’t they need somewhere to live daddy?” Cadence asked looking to her father.
“It’s just something you wouldn’t understand at the moment sweety, when you’re older you’ll get it” he said with a smile to his daughter.
“Ok daddy…” Cadence said with a smile, though she still wanted to know what he meant by that. She quickly finished her breakfast and stood up with a smile.
“Thank you mother! I’m going out for while to find my friends! I’ll be back soon!” she called out with a smile before putting her plate up and ran for the door.
“Be back before five o’clock sweety!” Valentine called out as Cadence left.
“You know the maids can cook for us too, we are royalty after all” Saint Patrick said with a smile.
“I know. I just find it relaxing” Valentine answered.


“Ariadne…will we see mommy and daddy again?” Chrysalis asked her now would be parent as they arrived in Canterlot.
“I don’t know child” Ariadne answered, but looked to Chrysalis with a smile. “Hopefully one day we will be able to see them again” she told the young changeling, hoping to appease her at the moment.
Both were now disguised as unicorns as they entered the city, not wanting to arouse too much suspicion as they head for their new home. In the city they went to a small humble house, where another pony was waiting outside.
“Your highness!” the pony said walking up to them. “We’ve prepared the house for you and Ariadne!” he said with a smile to the young Chrysalis.
“Thank you…have you heard from Mother or Father?” she asked.
“No your highness I’m afraid not” he answered, causing Chrysalis to look slightly depressed.
“Ariadne…I’m going to take a walk to get used to the area around us, I’ll be back soon” the young changeling had a look of depression as she began to walk away. Ariadne only nodded knowing that her Princess needed to have some alone time.


“Oh…so Flora Bouquet can’t play today?” Cadence asked as she stood at the door of a friend’s house.
“No I’m sorry Cadence, she’s really busy helping me clean, maybe another time” the mother of her friend said before closing the door.
“Sigh…none of my friends can play today…” the young Princess Pouted as she walked along, sighing as she knew she would have no friends to play with today. “Oh well…guess spending time at home isn’t so bad…” she said as she looked up, stopping as she saw a unicorn Filly she hadn’t seen before.
“Oh! Maybe they’ll wanna be my friend!” Cadence said with a smile as she skipped over to the girl.
Chrysalis, disguised as a green haired green eyed unicorn just sighed as she thought of the past events, wishing she could have her parents back.
“Will I see them again?” she asked herself, not seeing Cadence coming up behind her.
“HIYA!” Cadence called out causing Chrysalis to scream and swing around, the two of them knocking their heads together and their horns even their hitting one another’s.
“O-OW! Wh-What the hay?!” Chrysalis called out as she looked to Cadence.
“Ooooow…I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to scare you…” Cadence said rubbing her head and looked to Chrysalis, gasping as she saw the unicorn was no longer a pony, but a changeling.
“Y-you’re a…changeling!” Cadence gasped out, causing Chrysalis to blush and looked down to herself, realizing her spell had just been knocked off because of the head-butt. “I’ve…never seen one before!” Cadence said with a smile, causing Chrysalis to look up to her confused.
“Hi! I’m Cadence!” and when Chrysalis was able to see Cadence, she blushed as she saw the pretty girl in front of her extending her hand to shake and help her up.
“Um…Hi, my name’s…Chrysalis” she said reaching up to shake her hand, not knowing that fate would have these two stay with each other forever.


A N: Ok so this is a new story I’ve wanted to do for a while. I was inspired to do it cause honestly there isn’t too many Chrysalis romance stories I’ve seen, so I figured why not ship her with Cadence? It’s weird and different so I figured I’d give it a try! Please let me know how you like it and all that jazz!