• Published 15th Nov 2021
  • 644 Views, 8 Comments

Making Apple Butter - Teen Version - Autumn Twilight



Butterscotch has just moved to Ponyville and finds he has the hots for the apple-stand pony Big Macintosh - but will Butterscotch have the courage to take it to the next level with him, and possibly even beyond?

  • ...
2
 8
 644

Chapter Four: The Choices Make The Pony

Butterscotch awoke a short while later on his bed. He rolled over and stood, confused as to how he’d gotten there, before remembering what had happened earlier. As he thought about Big Mac more, he got more and more embarrassed that this all had turned out this way. He was almost tempted to ask Big Mac to leave when he next saw him, politely of course, before hearing a soft knock on his bedroom door. “C-come in!” Butterscotch called out before he even consciously registered it, then watched as the door opened.

Big Mac came in, looking quite concerned at Butterscotch. “Y’alright? Ya fainted ‘bout a half-hour ago, so Ah hauled ya up onto yer bed. Mighty sorry ‘bout that.” Mac said, looking rather sheepish that a simple, relatively mild, joke would cause such a reaction.

“O-oh...Butterscotch said, feeling his cheeks warm again, “S-sorry…”

“Aw, ain’t nothin’ t’ apologize fer. Ah should apologize fer bein’ so forward, in fact.” Mac replied, making Butterscotch look away again.

The silence grew after that, becoming uncomfortable, before Big Mac finally spoke up again. “So, um…” he started, making Butterscotch look up at him, before finally deciding to take the shot, “Did’jya wanna...Ah dunno, go to th’ movies or dinner sometime?”

Butterscotch nearly fainted again, but managed to keep his composure enough not to. Taking a deep breath, and thinking the question over, fighting against his instinct of diving under his blanket in the intense situation, he instead did a complete one-eighty from what his shyness told him to do. He embraced the other stallion again, wrapping his hooves around his sides and softly squeezing Mac to him. “I’d love to!” Butterscotch exclaimed softly, for the first time in a long time not letting his shyness of other ponies prevent him from doing something he truly, in his heart of hearts, knew he really wanted.

“Well alright, great! How’s Friday sound? Got that day off, on account’a plantin’ almost bein’ done.”

“That sounds...wonderful!” Butterscotch said, his wings flaring out and flapping once in nervous excitement. Yes, he was going to get to be with his crush, on a date, but he was also a stallion, and dating another stallion! What would other ponies think? Would the mares who’d tried to court Mac before hate him for being with Big Mac when they couldn’t be? Butterscotch felt the panic rising in his chest, ready to call off the whole thing already simply because of the overwhelming number of ‘what if’s going through his head, before feeling a soft squeeze of Big Mac’s hooves around his back, pressing his muzzle once more into the sofy fluff of Mac’s chest-tuft.

“Hey, Ah really hate t’ leave now, but Ah was kinda in th’ middle’a somethin’ when Pinkie...well…” Big Mac said, before deciding to leave it there, “...but Ah will see ya on Friday! Lookin’ forward to it!”

“Oh! Well, um, ok…” Butterscotch said, hesitantly releasing his grip on the other stallion and pulling away, then just looking up at Mac, meeting his eyes and holding the gaze for a second, before his bashfulness won out in the end and he looked away. “...goodbye, Big Mac.”

“Bye Butterscotch. Ah’m real glad we got this sorted out.”

“Um...yeah, me too!”

“So, uh, yeah, ‘bye.”

“‘Bye ‘bye!”

Instead of Mac getting up, both continued to sit there, gazing into the other’s eyes. Neither really wanted him to leave, but knew he had to go. Butterscotch leaned forward, nuzzling into Big Mac’s neck, and Big Mac into Butterscotch’s mane, before the bigger stallion finally stood. “Right, ‘bye.” Big Mac said with finality, before heading to the door. As he reached the bedroom door, he was stopped as he heard the th-thump of rapidly approaching hooves, before he gave a soft grunt at the impact of a chest against his flank, Butterscotch having reared up to hug him from the side, his lips landing softly on his cheek in a kiss.

Big Mac’s cheeks flushed even redder than they naturally were at the unexpected hug and kiss, stumbling a bit from the sudden impact too, before Butterscotch dropped to all four hooves again, his cheeks tinted pink. “S-sorry…” Butterscotch started, before Big Mac held up his hoof to stop him. Big Mac then leaned down and kissed Butterscotch on the cheek, earning a soft, surprised whinny from him.

“Ain’t nothin t’ be sorry fer. Ah’ll see ya Friday, er at the market stall whenever ya need some more...anythin’ involvin’ apples!” Big Mac said, before opening the bedroom door and closing it behind him after he left. Butterscotch was left sitting there, thinking about the day. Thinking about Big Mac, how big and handsome he was. How he always knew just what to say. How much he wanted Mac to just pin him down and—

Butterscotch backtracked from those thoughts, thoughts he’d never really had about specific ponies before, let alone a stallion, as he slowly stood up. He had his own tasks, after all, just like Big Mac. He headed outside to the storage shed again to get the animals’ lunch, hauling up the half-full bag, struggling a bit even with it. “I wish you were here to help me with this, Big Mac…” Butterscotch said, before realizing he’d said the same thing just yesterday, and what that had led to, right here in the shed.

Blushing, feeling that familiar sensation of arousal rising in him again as he thought of the hunky candy-apple stallion’s muscular rump, of the stallion hauling this bag around like a beanbag, then tossing Butterscotch upon it on his back, and kissing him passionately as he leaned over him on his bed...he decided that the animals could wait for their meal just a few more minutes while he took care of himself again. Butterscotch laid on the haybale again, softly trailing a hoof down his chest, then belly...


As he gave Angel Bunny a carrot and serving of greens, Butterscotch could hear the soft thump-thump-thump of the rabbit’s foot thudding against the floor, his arms crossed and an annoyed expression on his face. “Sorry your lunch is an hour late, Angel, but some things...came up…” Butterscotch said, his cheek feeling a bit warm again as he thought about just what those things had been in the shed, and just how up they'd been.


As Angel grabbed up the carrot in both paws and started munching on it, Butterscotch sighed. “Oh Big Mac, what are you doing to me…?” he asked himself more than the rabbit, though Angel’s ear certainly perked up at him as he spoke, pausing his nomming on his carrot and grabbing a softer leaf of lettuce to eat instead in order to listen better. “Such a big, strong stallion, so kind, generous…” Butterscotch could feel himself swooning as he thought about the stallion who’d stolen his heart already, whom he lusted after, and had so totally given himself to before even their first date, wondering if that was a mistake.


“Please be good to me, Mac,” Butterscotch said, before grabbing the container of feed for the other animals, filling their bowls, his mind never drifting from the stallion who had just asked him on a date. He thought about the kiss he’d given Mac as he gave the squirrels a hoof-full of nuts, thought about the feeling of his soft fur on his lips, and felt his body heating up at the memory. “I hope you’re thinking of me too…” Butterscotch said, looking out the window towards Ponyville; towards the pony who’d stolen his heart.


Big Mac sat at his apple stall, between customers right then, his mind wandering. He found his thoughts drawn to the pegasus stallion whom he’d impetuously all but asked on a date, looking out over the throngs of ponies walking through the market as he thought. He’d been asked out on dates before, sure, by mares both interested in a relationship, and those who wanted to have just a roll in the hay with him, or a foal by him, but he’d never once accepted them. He’d also never once asked a mare out, never feeling close enough to anypony to ask them for a date, it never feeling ‘quite right’, and yet he’d asked Butterscotch out without a second thought. A stallion. He’d just asked a stallion out on a date!


As he thought about the situation more and more, Mac started to wonder what his family would think of his decision. Applejack would probably be accepting of it, given she was currently in an under-wraps relationship with Rainbow Dash, but he had to wonder what Granny Smith would think. She’d been asking about grandfoals ever since he came of age to give her them, and Mac couldn’t help but feel like this was a betrayal of sorts to her on that front. After all, two stallions couldn’t have foals together, not without some very powerful magic involved.

When Mac realized that, he tilted his head back, looking up into the red-and-white awning of the vending stall. “Granny’s gonna kill me…” Big Mac said quietly, before feeling a sudden rush of giddy excitement as his thoughts were once more drawn to the smaller, adorable, handsome pony who’d finally caught his interest. The first pony whom he’d ever felt like this towards, and whom he’d asked out. “...may jus’ be worth it, though.”