• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 179 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Timeline: Rewound - ChangelingProductions



Queen Twilight interferes with the destruction of her story, and now must find a way to stop such a tragedy from affecting others.

  • ...
 3
 179

Starting point.

Twilight laid with drowsiness in her bed. Gazing at the crystal ceiling above her, she struggled to get some rest. It had been weak since she lost the library and for a weak, she felt a fury of emotions. Sure, the palace was nice but she loved that old tree. She loved the smell of books in the morning, followed by the ponies of town coming in to explore the possibilities of pages. Things change, and now she fears that this change may kill the interests ponies have in reading those old pony tales.

Of course, there was more to it than that, but for now, those thoughts ate her mind up like a parasite. She needed sleep, but her fears would not allow it tonight. She could feel her wings twitching from worry, and her horn throbbing from the oncoming headache, so she chose to get out of bed. Despite being counterproductive to her need of falling asleep, she know a good walk around the castle would clear her mind.

The halls were dark, yet darker at night. Twilight looked both ways before deciding to head down to the kitchen. Perhaps a midnight snack would be good for her. Her hooves clopped against the ground, echoing in the furniture-filled halls. The noise normally would have no effect on her, but Twilight was on edge tonight. Those hoove clops sounded like a ticking clock to her counting down the seconds before something bad happened.

Never to let those fears take too strong a hold, Twilight lowered her ears to fruitlessly dampen the sound. It was a lot longer a walk than expected, but she would be fine. She kept reminding herself that everything was fine. She kept blocking out the memories of the library. She stopped walking.

Ears perked up, Twilight listened to the cold darkness. A minute passed of silence. Echoing... She looked around the halls. Vases and shelves lined the walls, with paintings and cutans to match. The echo was wrong. The hall should have echoed yes, but not so blatantly. She tapped a hoof down hard and listened. The echo was instant... followed by another echo of a singular hoof clomp mere seconds after.

Trying not to overreact, Twilight walked a short distance but paid attention to the echoes. It was hard to distinguish, but she could hear a reserved echo coming from her hooves, followed by another one coming from behind. Twilight kept walking at her normal pace, but her heart was pumping. She felt like ice as the sounds stayed constant. Now she knew she had two options. She could start running, or she could keep walking.

If she ran and something was behind her, it would know she could hear it. If there was something, it would just start running too. On the other hoof, it may get board following and begin the process of-

Twilight shook her head. She had to be crazy, she just had to be. There was no way that a second set of hooves were following behind her. She would get a snack, a drink of water, and then finally go to bed. She could see the kitchen now and kept walking towards it. Closer and closer the arched doorway came. As she got inside, she quietly and slowly began to close the door. Just as the door was a sliver away from being shut, she saw something. For just a second, she saw a pony walking towards the kitchen just as she shut the door.

Twilight held in a gasp before slapping herself comically. Again, she had to be crazy with a need for sleep. Though, just to be safe she quietly locked the door.

Taking a moment, Twilight walked over to her pantry and began getting a light snack. Just some bread and water should do the trick. it was simply a part of her life to worry about, but right now she could rest. She was part of this moment, simply eating bread and drinking water. She finally had her mind off the library.

Then the kitchen door began to jiggle.

Twilight froze with a bit of bread in her mouth and turned. The handle was making a slight jingle sound as it lightly shook up and down. She could tell whoever was on the other side was trying to be quiet as they pried at the door. Twilight gulped down the piece of bread in her mouth and stared. She was processing what course of action to take in this situation. She found herself between teleporting away and calling out to whoever was behind the door. In the end, reasoning won over. She took on Tirek, Discord, and even Night Maremoon and lived. How could some stranger harm her?

"Who's there?" Twilight called, trying to hide the trembling in her voice. The door and Twilight's sense of time stood still. The few seconds of silence felt like an eternity to Twilight.

"Twi?" Pinkie called from the other side of the door. "It's me Pinkie!"

"Pinkie?!" Twilight called in surprise. She paced over to the door and opened it by a sliver. Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie standing on the other side.

"For Celestia's tail Pinkie, what are you even doing here?!" Twilight cried as she swung the door open all the way. Pinkie stood with a smile on her face, acting oblivious to Twilight's anger.

"Sorry worry, but I needed a midnight snack, and the cakes locked their pantry, so I tried going to Fluttershy's place, but she locked her door, so then I went to Apple Jacks place, but she got that new fence in, OH OH then I went to Rarity's but she was busy doing stuff in her basement so I left, then I went to Pinkies place but she was out looking for somewhere she could get a midnight snack and was also me, so since you were the last person I hadn't tried yet I just broke a window and came in like I'm surprised you didn't hear me but then again I was super sneaky because I started hearing walking and decided to walk in that pace and-"

Twilight covered Pinkies mouth.

"Forget it Pinkie. Just take something to eat and go home, I'm not having a good night."

Pinkie nodded in agreement, letting Twilight know she could remove her hoof from Pinkies face. Twilight turned back to her bread and water and continued her snack as Pinkie scavenged the kitchen. Pinke chaotically opened every cabinet she could as she searched for food.

"So, how's the investigation going? I know Tirek put that on hold, but I wanted to know if you started it up again?" Pinkie asked.

"It's going as you would expect. That is to say, it's going cold. I mean, it's so strange to think somepony as important as Rainbow Dash could just disappear like that." Twilight took a bite of bread. "I mean... she is one of the element bearers. We almost DIED because we didn't have her with us."

"You find any blues clues to use?" Pinke asked as she rummaged through the utensils. A big smile plastered on her face.

"Well, yes actually," Twilight said.

"OOOOOO What is it?!" Pinkie pressured.

"Well, we were looking through some old spells when we found one that may let us follow her tracks before she disappeared. It's called the Moody Blues spell, and it can replicate a pony's movements and paths. If we can set it up to track what and where Rainbow Dash was the weak she disappeared, we may be able to find her!"

"That sounds fun! What ponies can cast this spell?"

"So far, only me and Celestia have it figured out. We plan on meeting up tomorrow at Rainbow Dash's house so we can start tracking her."

"So Celestia's gonna come here tomorrow?"

"Yep, want to join?"

Pinkie laughed. "Don't worry, I'll be there. After all, it saves me having to look for her after this!"

"Look for her? What-"

SHLICK

Twilight's eyes went wide as a large knife pierced her through the back of her head, with the bloody tip poking out of her mouth. Blood dripped on the floor just as silently as Twilight's muffled screaming. Pinkie began twisting the knife so that the sharp part would face upward, followed by her sawing the knife back and forth. Over the next few minutes, Pinkie sawed Twilights head in half from the mouth upward. Twilight's tears became tainted with blood as she lost all senses. She tried to use her magic, but by the time the shock of being stabbed was gone, Pinkie had already reached her brain. Twilight's eyes ran wild as Pinkie finished the sickly act. Her body fell to the ground, the two bran haves becoming misaligned.

That area of the room was covered in blood from the dead, but Pinkie didn't mind. She had wanted to do this without Twilight even knowing she was there, but it was a good thing she failed at that. Now she knew that Celestia would be a threat too.


Queen Twilight and an older Pinkie laughed as they closed the book.

"I can't believe Rainbow would write something so...hehe... actually, I can see her MABEY doing this," Twilight said. She and Pinkie had a tradition of coming together every month and reading what over-the-top gore story Rainbow had published that month was. Today, it seemed she took Pinkie up on her offer of being the antagonist of one and went with it all the way.

The book was titled "Pinkamina" and they were on the fifth chapter. In chapter one, Pinkie had killed Rainbow with a poisoned cupcake and an over-the-top gore story. Then, in chapter three she drove Rarity insane by making her a masochist that loved pain. Now, here in chapter five, she had just killed Twilight and planned on killing Celestia.

However, the real Pinkie was nothing like this. She was sweat with an overpowering sense of humor. Though, she did love the book. In fact, even though they laughed at the absurdity, they still loved every page.

This was the way Twilight loved to live as queen. Sure she loved writing laws and such, and working on taxes never failed to make her smile, but spending time with those she was close with truly made it worth the days that ticked by.

Twilight and Pinkie spent the rest of the night reading, laughing, and talking unaware that in a home far from her, Rainbow Dash had just passed away from old age.

Author's Note:

My Little Pony FIM is owned by: Hasbro.

Queen Twilight was created for this story.

Pinkamina was created by: Drecker Jones A.k.a Sergeant Sprinkles https://mlppasta.fandom.com/wiki/Cupcakes_(Original)