• Published 25th Oct 2021
  • 1,739 Views, 52 Comments

What a wonderful world - a touch of sparkles

  • ...
5
 52
 1,739

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Bittersweet (Gore warning)

“I need that foal! If it can’t produce ones that live then I will take the one it’s got!” they heard the princess yell through the heavy metal door. It slammed open putting a dent in the wall behind it. The figure of an enraged Amore stood in the doorway, staring Sombra down with the power of a thousand suns. He cowered behind his dam who was already on guard. Heavy hoof steps pounded the ground as she made her way towards their cell. The other Umbrum cowered into the corners of theirs.

“Princess please you know it’s too risky! It took a guards head- “

“I know she took a head of but quite frankly that corridor of competitors is getting rather empty!” the door to their cell was furiously unlocked and yanked open in a splash of gold.

“Let’s get this done with shall we”

His dam let out a long slow growl, every teeth bared in a raging smile. Despite the heavy chains she stood tall, every bone jutting out and muscle receded into the gaps. Even so she towered over her.

“Oh I know what that smile means and you better put it away missy” Amore spat at her. Chains slipped out of the wall cupboards and swiftly slithered through the bars in her golden magic. One wrapped around his dam’s neck, the other headed straight to Sombra. However, his dam lowered her body so it bashed into her.

“If you work with me then no one will get hurt” the chains wrapped around his dam’s neck to pull her away, but she gripped it in her teeth as she yanked the princess to the floor. Sombra watched in the corner as the guard frantically shoved his spear through the bars at his dam’s flanks. Now Amore was pinned down by giant cracked hooves.

She twisted and turned her neck as the jaws of the ferocious dam above her lunged and snapped. Sombra, wanting to help, wrapped his teeth around her left shoulder. Bitter red blood leaked into his mouth and the other whelming urge to eat took over. He tugged at the pink hide and flesh, his jaw wasn’t small and he grated the leg down his teeth. His bite despite being young, was an iron grip and his teeth sliced down to bone. Amore screamed as her leg was torn, but it turned to a groan as she blasted a barrier of magic, slamming him and his dam into the wall.

Through his stunned eyes and mind he watched the guard pull the amputated princess out of the cell, he could still hear her weak breathing. It was then that he realised her leg was still in his mouth. He started to nibble at the torn flesh. It was bitter and vile yet food was food. His dam having woken up started to take her own portion. The bones crushed to dust in her jaws.

At a freighting rate the leg was stripped from its bone. Every vein, artery and capillary was turned to mush. But nothing was left behind. Bond was grinded to pulp and the only thing that remained was the decorative ancle bracelet as they licked the blood from the floor. Finally their stomach had something proper to churn.



At night the door clicked open again, the same pair of ponies snuck in again to do their usual routine. They were, however, more weary of him and his dam. Afterall they had eaten part of their princess, even if they detested her it shook their nerves. They spread out the plants and wounds were partially cleaned. Although now Sombra had a bit of a functioning mind, he was standing at the bars, examining the stallion’s wings. Sombra wasn’t too familiar with feathered wings. The wyverns had them but he never found himself examining them. Umbralis’s wings were only half feathered and they were hidden beneath membrane. Yet he was still rather fascinated with the extra limbs. The stallion noticed and, although only half trusting, fanned his wing out through the bars.

“You never seen a wing before? I guess you are all unicorns” he said as Sombra nuzzled the soft feathers, his dam watching closely. He sneezed abruptly after shoving his nose into the feather. The mare came up next to them, examining the rather overcrowded cell.

“Two more days and they’ll be out” she said noticing the small spare space left.

“hopefully. Having Amore in that state might help them as well”

“There’s still the heart. She can use that from a distance”

“Lets just hope, besides they’ve proven to be fast runners. They could outrun it”

“Either way…come on. we better go before your caught off your post and I’m found” the pair left.

I think we might be getting out soon” one stallion said as the door locked shut.

Do I get to see Siri again Dammi?” Sombra asked.

Hopefully. you miss him?” he nodded his head.

I miss Binkie too

I’m sure Umbralis is looking after him” she told him as he snuggled into her chest. It wasn’t as soft despite her fur, he could feel the bones beneath her skin.

Author's Note:

I am now debating weather this would be mature as I realize just how gory some parts of this story might be. I also don't know if I should add gore on as it appears but it isn't to constant of a thing in the story. I guess I decided to be a bit more brutal in the descriptions of this chapter, but then again Amore does get amputated by teeth.
And the romance is drawing closer. You can probably already guess who the lover is by the listed characters but she's only a couple chapters away at least.

PreviousChapters Next