• Published 21st Oct 2021
  • 415 Views, 3 Comments

Sigils of the Past, Summoned! - KukriRyuTsukino



When a young summoner summons her 'Destined Familiar', little does she know that this Familiar will change everything she knows, for better or worse. Darkness is rising and Light must face it. Who shall stand and who will fall?

  • ...
 3
 415

Explorations, Relaxation, and Classes

"Well then, it seems that in this world the sword was paired with the Eye of Thundera creating the Sword of Omens from the Sword of power." Ayumi said, slightly surprised. "If the sword has laid dormant only using the power of the Eye, then Grayskull must have just awoken when you named it." 'Trust me when I say that there is another sword I may wield that is powered by the same energy of Grayskull.' Ayumi said to Richard, Twilight, Lion-O, and Cheetara. 'Though the weapon will most likely choose you, sis.' As she said this a streak of white light impacted the ground next to Twilight. 'Guess I was right.'

With a flap of her wings Rainbow Dash cleared the smoke from the crater formed from the impact revealing a unique blade half embedded into the ground. "What the heck was that?!"

"That my friends is the sword of protection counterpart to the sort of power and the source of power for the warrior She-Ra." Ayumi said, pointing to the weapon. "Only one will be able to wield it, one worthy of it."

Richard cocked his head. "Considering what I've seen today… I wouldn't be surprised to know that magical forces could be just as aware if not more so than people. Shows that the Creator really focuses on the long game, so to speak," he sighed as he flicked the Sword as he scooped it up, watching it shrink back into a dagger. In that instant, memories that were not his nor Venom's surged through his mind at high speed. He blinked, seeing Lyra over him, unaware his legs had given out beneath him. He noticed their concerned looks as he sat up shakily. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving…" he said. He saw Lion-O's facepalm before Cheetara laughed.

"Seems you gained his metabolism, child. Though I know nothing of this 'Grayskull'," she quipped.

"To get a significant strength and speed boost and through the literal impossible just raise the sword and call out 'By the power of Grayskull I have the power!' After that you'll get a significant power up and look more like Hercules then you do now Richard." Ayumi said as she pulled the sword of protection out of the ground feeling that they acknowledge that she could be its wielder but that there was another like her that it wanted. "Lil sis, I think this will give you the edge in battle that you need." She passed the weapon over to Twilight, a sudden blaze of rainbow light appearing as the younger lavender alicorn took hold of the blade.

"This weapon! It feels like it's alive!" Twilight exclaimed as she held the weapon.

"That weapon does not have the same call as the sort of power if I remember correctly it's 'For the honor of Grayskull'. Though for both of you you can call upon different aspects of Castle Grayskull to empower you even more temporarily." Ayumi said "Since we have the time we should gather up the relics within the tomb considering how strong I am I should be able to hold the Soul Reaver for a little while."

"I did notice the Sarcophagus near the Soul Reaver… and if it's correct… then the Sarcophagus holds Kain within," Richard commented cautiously, thinking of what little he knew of that series.

"Kain is?" Fluttershy said softly, confused.

"Huh." Ayumi said, scratching her head. "I have no idea of which Kain you are referencing, the one that generates blades or are you referencing another version, a vampire I may be thinking of. If I'm being honest I really hope it's the former because with all of us being great warriors he won't go berserk, especially since that means his brother might not be on this world giving him less reason to go berserk."

"By the way, why are you still naked and glowing with that aura?" Rainbow asked. "Clothing is not a legal requirement in Equestria but it tends to be used considering how dangerous some of the wild areas are."

While my body has fur on top of it my skin layer is more or less dragon scales, extremely tough and considering I'm legally an Elder Dragon it's even tougher than a Dragon Lord at full growth. The aura thing is just what happens when I'm not wearing my armor. The armor uses my excess magic to start nuclear fusion and maintain the reaction. Though I have to ask everyone, do you like what you see?"

AJ's head cocked as she noticed something before her hands snapped out, a sudden ripping sound catching the attention of everypony there as an ugly bruise exposed itself on the lower right side of his chest alongside a rather noticeable concave area roughly a third larger than a fist… namely a certain Elder Dragon-Alicorn hybrid's fist.

Richard cocked his head before he coughed a bit. He exhaled softly as he sat up before he gritted his teeth. He could feel a burning sensation rushing through his body.

Lyra's eyes widened as she saw blood trickling from her Familiar's mouth.

"Shit," Ayumi said as she used her magic to scan Richard before immediately applying a general healing spell using her unique abilities to turn it into a complete body regeneration. "I hit with my full force. We need to get him to Redheart now! He's got internal bleeding and pretty much pulverized ribs. My magic might save him, but we're going to need specialized equipment to keep the bones from regrowing in the wrong shape, plus from what I can see it we're going to need to let them know that AJ has some serious bruising in her arms and legs and Rainbow has a few singes. NOW!" Ayumi summoned a syringe that she injected immediately into Richard.

'Stimpack, it should at least replace the blood that you're already losing' Richard heard her voice whisper in his mind even as she yelled aloud "WE NEED TO MOVE NOW!"

"Get… Relics. Keep… safe," he managed weekly. He saw her gaze dip to him for a moment even as he felt his consciousness fading. "Shows that even the armored bodysuits the Kamen Riders wear have limits… but I ain't fucking dying again, not like this," he whispered.

"Damn it, this is all my fault... if I hadn't engaged Alluro when I did, I wouldn't have been controlled!" Ayumi shouted as she began to levitate the man keeping equal pressure on all of his body to not exacerbate his injuries further. "Where is the hospital!" ?"

Fluttershy took a deep breath. "We have an infirmary. Unfortunately, only those related to royalty have access to… hospitals… though medical knowledge of the body in the way you've shown is… extremely advanced," she said softly.

"Nobody is perfect, Ayumi… save the Creator and His Son. 'Consider it a great joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing. Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind.' from James, Chapter 1, verses 2‭ through 6. Also, Romans Chapter 5, verses 3 through 8 tell us, 'And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly. For rarely will someone die for a just person — though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die. But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!' That is the hope and strength within me. Not mine, but my Heavenly Father's through me," he whispered.

"We have two royals here, that is not a problem, they can vouch for us!" Ayumi said, pointing to Luna and Twilight, both of them princesses. "I can't use any more of my special medical equipment to heal him all I'm doing right now is making sure his body is stable and replacing lost blood as quick as he loses it if I push the spell any farther his rib cage will heal but in a way that will keep him from being able to move."

When Richard awoke with a sharp, deep breath, he found himself in a room that looked mildly like a cross between a medieval room and a more modern hospital room.

Lyra grimaced, staring at the blade sheathed in the claw gauntlet before her gaze shifted to the twin wrist mounted crossbows on her own forearms. She jolted in surprise as she felt her Familiar's consciousness surge from its quiet.

"Miss I insist you put some clothing on!" Was heard from outside the room they were in. "Your intimate knowledge and special equipment saved his life but even with the close optional law for the rest of Equestria, medical facilities require proper clothing!"

"Fine!" Ayumi said before snapping her fingers a bright flash of light illuminating the door frame for a second. "That better?"

"I guess so," the voice said. "Although that outfit might elicit the wrong response from our patient, it's still a form of clothing." At this the door opened revealing nurse Redheart and Ayumi.


Richard cocked an eyebrow at the mature Alicorn's outfit. "Cute outfit. Though I'm guessing it was instinctive rather than intended to be seductive, mon amour," he commented wryly.

"Actually I like walking around nude this is about as much covering as I'll wear normally. I'm a naturalist." Ayumi said. "It seems that this world has at least 1900s Earth level of medical technology so we were able to keep your ribs in the correct shape while I used my magic to heal you. After that was done I used a couple of stimpacks to fully replenish your blood and a more advanced healing spell to regenerate any damage from your tissues. I even fixed some not noticeable problems that wouldn't affect you in the everyday but would have gotten worse with age."

Richard cocked his head. "That's information to me. Though I'm guessing you likely noticed the minor scoring on the ribs along my right shoulder blade in the back. Came from an encounter with a grizzly bear," he commented wryly. He saw her eyebrows rise in mild surprise.

"I had wondered where those came from." Redheart said. "Princess Twilight gave us full access to Princess Ayumi's scans of your body to allow us to treat you since even though you are remarkably similar to us you are a different species unknown to this world."

"It's the least I can do." Ayumi replied, "Though I haven't given access to any of my more advanced medical equipment. Mostly because there's no way to reproduce them currently without lowering quality to dangerous levels."

"Sis?" Twilight nervously asked as both she and Lyra stuck their heads in the chamber. "Is Richard awake?"

"Yeah he's up." Ayumi said before turning to Lyra and Richard. 'I learned to focus my telepathy a long time ago. She's not listening in on this but I think both my younger sister and Fluttershy have developed a crush on Richard especially after seeing his exposed chest after the bruising was gone.'

"Whoever got WilyKat's slingshots, I can help with as I've had experience hunting with slingshots. Hell, after the incident with the bear, I brained a wolf with my slingshot and dropped its mate at a full running charge with a launched river rock. I'm also skilled with bladed weapons and kunai, or as they're also known, rope darts, especially," he commented wryly.

"If you're wondering how long you were out it's actually been a week." Ayumi said her voice filled with disappointment in herself. "It's my fault you're in here. Even with all I did to save your life I can't ever forgive myself for letting that bastard control me! For almost killing you! Not to mention we've had to fight off small incursions from The Forest of straggler forces that whole time the good thing that came from that is Twilight, Lyra and I have become good friends with the rest of the 'Warriors of Harmony' as they call themselves. Lyra's been added as their official Black mage in Twilight as a Hexblade to use a D&D term, we've found a couple of more relics as well. Now that you're healed I want to ask for something."

Richard cocked his head slightly. "Oh? I have to wonder, with the Sword of Power and its counterpart showing up, if Skeletor's forces also have done so," he commented carefully. He was unaware his irises were glowing slightly. "Though I did feel a tremor rush through the Sword of Omens as if responding to something," he commented thoughtfully.

"Applejack has been using one of the relics that we found. It's a unique weapon." Ayumi said before sitting cross legged on the floor, though her height did not allow her to sit in a normal hospital chair. "Although I recognize it due to having been in multiple human worlds, I'm surprised that it showed up here." She passed the picture of the object that she had drawn from observations to Richard. "What worries me is that means we could be getting some of the beasts of that world. Even weapons from that world hold the blood, especially that one as it seems to be completely upgraded."

Richard tilted his head, his eyes on the picture. "I don't recognize that weapon. Though," he started before his ears twitched upon hearing thunder roll in the distance before his eyes narrowed slightly as he sensed something. He saw Ayumi's head turn. "You sense that as well? Something is in that storm," he said before arcs of electricity surged over one of the Dragon markings as if reacting to whatever he sensed in the storm. "I hope that it is not what I think it is," he muttered gruffly.

"WILD EVERFREE STORM HEAD FOR SHELTER! WEATHER MARES IN PONYVILLE CANNOT CONTAIN THE INTENSE STORM! IT IS HEADING TOWARDS CANTERLOT! HEAD FOR SHELTER!!" A booming voice said from the streets below.

"Oh yeah, they have Town Criers." Ayumi said in response to Richard's visible confusion at the voice. "These ponies have at least 1900's level medicine yet they still rely on Town Criers instead of an announcement system. Even back where I was from we had magic for that, but it does pay very well since it's technically a guard posting."

Richard tilted his head slightly. His gaze shifted to the storm before his eyes narrowed, unaware of the tiniest arcs of electricity flickering in his irises as a slight emerald light rippled through the marking upon his forehead which was a muted mother-of pearl golden tone. Unknown to him, his true nature was far more powerful than merely Human or Thunderan.