• Published 21st Oct 2021
  • 415 Views, 3 Comments

Sigils of the Past, Summoned! - KukriRyuTsukino



When a young summoner summons her 'Destined Familiar', little does she know that this Familiar will change everything she knows, for better or worse. Darkness is rising and Light must face it. Who shall stand and who will fall?

  • ...
 3
 415

Rise of Thunder

On the edge of the Village of Ponyville right by the Everfree border a large-scale battle was going on. The warriors of Harmony, an unknown Draconic fighter, and a group of mares who had used the Summoning Tower along with their summons were fighting the forces of Mumm Ra. The battlefield littered with the bodies of Lizians and Abyssians who had been stripped of all free will thanks to Dark magic. The War Goddess Lune Di Selene, Aka Selene Luna had appeared thanks to the efforts of the Priestess Fluttershy, one of the Summons a human named Richard had been thrown into a ancient burial site nearby earlier and had emerged with a new weapon and gauntlet one that the goddess and a few others namely their enemies knew all too well.

The township had been evacuated to the local guildhall in accordance with local monster slash ever-free invasion plans instated when the guild Hall was built expanded from a local church that helped with the summoning rituals in the tower the extension of this guild Hall retired members could request expansions built whether they be for personal quarters or established businesses this is where we see Lyra, verity in Pinkie Pie hold up alongside a world-class sniper Joe Donut known throughout the culinary world for his tasty confectioneries and in the hunter world for his impeccable aim.

"Well I don't mind you beautiful ladies helping defend my store shouldn't you be out helping your friends with the major battle?" The slightly rotund earth pony asked as he fired another shot into a Lizians head.

Richard's grip tightened on the sword in his hand. His eyes drifted half-lidded as his grip flicked the blade, mystical electricity arcing over the blade. "Thundercats…. HO!" he roared, unaware his irises flared golden, followed by AJ's shining a deep emerald, Dashie's a brilliant magenta, Twilight and Ayumi's flaring a rich amethyst, and Lyra's a bright gold before Pinkie giggled as her irises shone blue.

Selene Luna's Cyan aura of power, Ayumi's Midnight violet, and Angel's near invisible white grew in response to the call showing the power of the Sword of Omens to enhance the welder's allies.

"The sword!" Alluro shouted, recognizing the light of the Eye of Thundera's Lioness symbol in the sky. "The human found the relics! Half of our job is complete!"

Richard's head tilted. "No… what is complete is the fact you will be leaving empty-handed, Alluro, as you did before," he said firmly, unaware his voice was double toned. In his mind, he could see the previous wielder of the Sword. "Let's keep the other Relics of my Team from them. Mumm-Ra will try to ensnare their souls into slavery to him," he heard in his mind.

"That won't happen. Mumm-Ra doesn't know that I transferred the Memories and Drivers to a dimensional subspace pocket that only I can access… and left a very embarrassing trap for him," he thought in return. He sensed Lion-O's smirk as he focused the lightning through the sword's edge, slashing upward and releasing an arc of electricity at Alluro and Chilla. He pushed off right after the second, his strides swift and ground eating before he pushed off into a snapping roundhouse kick that tagged Tugmug across the face hard enough to send him spinning before he grabbed Tugmug's cannon and smashed it across his face twice before unloading it into Tugmug's face before tossing it into Chilla's face and drop kicking it into her face, sending them both staggering. "If possible, gather the Relics while I keep these wankers occupied," he deadpanned with a hint of gruffness to his voice.

Ayumi held out her left hand as a yellow blur raced to her from the tomb landing in her hand.

"I'm borrowing this." She said plainly before ramming one of the ends of Cheetara's staff into the ground using the magical nature of the staff to launch herself over the wall. "It seems that the relics want to be wielded. Might as well add my own to the mix!" She said as she shrank back down to her normal state before holding her right hand to the sky, a handle with a golden ring at the end appearing in her outstretched palm, a blade of clear crystal extending from the ring seconds later.


Richard tilted his head as Tugmug charged at him as he shifted his weight, catching the tri legged Lunatak before dropping his weight onto an outstretched knee in an Atomic Drop. From his immediate squeal of pain, it appeared that his legs were flesh and blood. He ducked as he saw a cowboy booted foot plow into Tugmug's face. Applejack having rushed in to capitalize on the opportunity alongside Rainbow Dash.

"Pretty sure Shawn Michaels would be impressed at that Sweet Chin Music, darlin'," he drawled as he noticed Tugmug tumbling before he managed to recover. His head tilted as he took a deep breath. "But as for you….. Who's next? You're next!!" he growled as he hit Tugmug with a brutal Spear tackle. He felt metal armor fracture from the impact, not seeing the belt breaking in fragments, rendered utterly useless. He heard an impressive whistle as several arrows peppered Chilla's ice wall before it shattered with a sharp whistling crack.

"Dude, what are you with the Zero for?" Rainbow commented. "Not dissing her music, but her magic kind of sucks."

"She's not a 'zero' if she hasn't reached her true potential yet," Richard deadpanned. "And those Void Arcs were created by her, giving you and your friends the opening to get here. I merely advised her to visualize her energy in a certain way," he deadpanned. "Which begs the question, if her usual magic seems to blow up in her face, is it something to do with the stability of the energy flow or how she's visualizing it?" he mused.

Lyra heard the whispers of her Familiar's thoughts. They made tears well at the edges of her sight.

"Hey, she is classified as a Zero. It's not just an insulting nickname for her, it means she has zero aptitude in any of the elements yet she has capacity for magic beyond her cutie mark." Dash said. "The rating system goes from 0 to 4 depending on how many elements you can use besides your natural cutie mark magic and any magic you're bestowed by the goddesses and gods. I myself am classified as a two due to my ability to use lightning magic which is a mixture of fire and Air." She explained while dodging a strike from Tugmug, "Nice try asshole you got to be faster than that to hit me!" She shouted at the Lunatak.

Richard hummed. His eyes drifted half-lidded before his eyes snapped open as he twisted, swatting Chilla's thermal blast with the flat of the Sword of Omens before the blast condensed, turning an eerie blend of white hot heat and inky darkness before, with a flex of his arms, he sent the blast right back at its origin. He saw Chilla's eyes widen as she ducked, the blast ripping through and igniting no less than five trees before hitting an ancient column and detonating like a stick of dynamite. "Perhaps her specialty is a yet unknown branch of magic or even a specialized branch of Elemental Magic, did you consider that? Hell, more than a few Kamen Riders, such as the one I arrived as, his counterpart, Gaim, and G3, to name a few, lacked magic in the way you're referring, yet they did things that an average civilian could not. Hell, Gaim went from being someone you wouldn't take a second glance at on the street to being the equivalent of a reality bound deity," he said dryly. His gaze shifted back to Tugmug. "You'd think someone that looks like a toad might be a bit intelligent… but it seems that on top of being short, fat, and having the face of a toad, you have the learning curve of one a.k.a 'dumb as a box of rocks'," he deadpanned, seeing how battered and bruised the Lunatak was.

This caused Rainbow to burst out laughing allowing Alluro to blast her with a lightning blast mixed with Chilla's ice preventing the Pegasus from absorbing near all the damage. "Fuck!" She said as she was grown to the ground, her torso frozen, pinning her wings to her back. "AJ! Need your help!"

"Hey, Alluro, what do you think happens when you get hit by lightning?" Richard deadpanned before he charged the Sword of Omens and hit Alluro with a lightning blast that had him thrashing on the ground. He saw Chilla rear back her hands before he snapped a kick up, her cryokinetic blast freezing the spray of water. He took a deep breath as electricity flickered over his body, condensing into his other hand before he hurled a lightning bolt at Chilla, watching her eyes widen before it hit her in the chest.

He heard a metallic crash before he heard Rainbow yelp. "Getting slow in yer old age, sugarcube?" he heard in a Southern drawl. He glanced over his shoulder, unaware of the metallic looking Chinese dragons coiled around his forearms.

"Hah!" Rainbow said as the ice around her torso began to steam before shattering in a bright flash along with the crack of lightning and the smell of ozone. "If I'm old you're ancient AJ considering you're older than me!"

"And considering these wankers are older'n both 'o ye, maybe we should put these old fucks out to pasture… six feet under it," Richard deadpanned dryly, unaware that for just a couple of seconds, his voice gained an inhuman rasping growl before it just as quickly faded away.

"Well then let's get to it!" Ayumi shouted as she rammed the butt of Cheetara's staff into Chilla's chest with an audible "CRACK!" Making the thermal mage groan as she fell to the ground. Ayumi then retracted the staff to the length of an escrima stick allowing her to use the weapon and her sword at the same time without unbalancing her. "And then there were three!" She said gleefully.

"Never thought to use my staff for a short range CQC weapon." Cheetara's silky voice said in Ayumi's mind. "Interesting use of the extending and shrinking properties Jaga imbued into it."

Richard didn't notice the fractured jar that fell to the grass with a gothic 'V' upon it. He shifted his weight as he snapped off a roundhouse kick that caught Alluro across the face before he shifted into an axe kick that drew a loud crack as his collarbone snapped. "Eh? Did you hear that?" he deadpanned, unknowingly hearing Cheetara. "You hear us through our close link as both Thunderans and Thundercats," he heard a slightly growling, mature masculine voice in his mind. "Lion-O?" Richard thought in mild surprise even as he pushed off into a jumping back kick that caught Alluro high in the chest just below his throat. His eyes widened slightly as a large serrated knife speared through Alluro's chest and out his back.

He heard numerous gasps as he glanced down, seeing dark ebony liquid forming into a thick blade extending from his leg before he felt an odd warm chill as he saw the blade retract before he rolled through as he saw Alluro staring at his own bisected chest and throat before he slumped over to the ground. "Is that what I think? Ugh… mendosei," he sighed. He heard whispers, presumably that of Lion-O and Cheetara conversing.

"He found the 'V' Symbiont," Lion-O commented to Cheetara. "Though we do know that Mumm-Ra has at least two corrupted Symbionts," he muttered to her. "The others will wake with their tools in use, but we can do little more than guide our successors now, much like Jaga did for us."

Alluro disappeared in a flash of black light. "What the?!" Ayumi shouted as she recognized the magic signature. "Mom, did you feel that?" She asked Selene Luna. "How is he alive?!"

Selene Luna's eyes narrow. "We do not know, but we will find out," she said dangerously.

"I'm guessing necromancy is a frowned upon art, if not forbidden. It can be used for closure purposes, as Anita Blake employed it as such, though it was only found later that she was a born necromancer… she never abused the gift, however," Richard commented dryly. His head tilted as he'd sensed a tightening inside at that surge of light, as if something in him rebelled at that energy.

"Where I come from, it is not totally forbidden, as using it for closure purposes is actually the best usage of it and what Zebraican shamans practiced for the most part besides their potion making." Ayumi said before swiping at Tugmug with her crystal blade, who was barely standing as the attack cut through his armor, finally causing it to fall apart. "And now there is one; I think this one should be yours, mom, as they dare to use your name." The others did not notice the two fallen but still alive warriors disappearing in a flash of red light, black crystals temporarily appearing where the flashes were. Luna Lunatak had disappeared in the confusion.

Richard noticed something, yet by the time he turned his head, he saw nothing.

Luna Selene's eyes hardened. "There is a magic that can render Mumm-Ra unable to bring his fallen back, though it is on the darker side," she said warily.

Richard growled. "You have that Magic? Especially that particular Magic… holds great risk," he deadpanned. He saw her startled look as if she did not know he knew of that particular branch of Magic.

He inhaled sharply, gritting his teeth as the slightly paler skin smoked and sizzled, the skin grafts falling away as they charred into ashes. It exposed metallic looking Chinese Dragons, silver and ebony in color with red eyes, coiled around his forearms.

Lyra jerked, feeling his pain as she inhaled sharply, darting towards her Familiar.

Richard breathed hard, his hair messy and tangled as well as in need of a good, thorough scrubbing. His body was very bruised and battered, as well as scraped and scratched in places. He could feel the adrenaline ebbing away, leaving him very shaky.

"I have an even better way of doing such a thing." Ayumi said with a smirk "Considering how evil they are I will just unleash the Shun Goku Satsu upon them," she chuckled darkly "after all you can't bring something back without a soul and it be intelligent or powerful."

Richard tilted his head, unaware his eyes shone the palest blue for just an instant. "There was another sword in an alcove down there. It felt… hungry…. aware. Although… I didn't recognize it. I could feel it, however. I noticed a bolo whip down there and a set of nunchucks, as well as a pair of wrist mounted crossbows, along with that staff," he commented wryly. He jerked as a pair of forms materialized into ghostly forms before he recognized them from Lion-O's memories. "Lion-O, Cheetara," he said in mild surprise. Cheetara had materialized in a flickering surge of golden light while Lion-O had materialized in a surge of shimmering ruby light.

"What you saw was far older than our time. We chose to become guardians of it… and the one who once wielded it. However, we were cautioned never to touch it directly, nor allow it to fall to forces such as Mumm-Ra's or Grune's forces…. for to have such a thing occur would damn the living to a hell far worse than death," Lion-O said, "it is known as," he started before Richard cut in.

"The Soul Reaver… Raziel," Richard deadpanned quietly. He saw Lion-O's eyebrows rise in mild surprise as if he had not known the blade's name.

"From what I can tell of your new friend are you sure it isn't Allblack?" Ayumi said, looking closely at Richard's arm. "It's just as bad if not more."

"I'm not Allblack, girlie. He consumes far more than body or mind. He consumes essence and spirit on top of body, mind and desire. He's a plague… I'm not. Name's Venom," a gurgling growl deadpanned dryly.

"I was talking about the sword in the tomb and how your God created it, not you Klyntar." Ayumi said. "I know of your kind and it's power."

Richard cocked an eyebrow. "I doubt that. Though I can't guess for sure. What I felt from that sword was an endless hunger," he deadpanned.

"The Allblack was made to kill space gods." Ayumi said as she walked over to the remains of the cannon fodder. "Something it was successful at and now it wants more."

Richard blinked as a head formed from his shoulder blade on wavering tendrils of bluish black. "I don't know what Allblack looks like, but the sword I saw was a serpentine longsword with a fanged skull as the pommel. Seems that this world seems to be somewhat of a nexus for things from other worlds," he commented thoughtfully.

AJ cocked an eyebrow. "Ah wouldn' know about all that magical stuff. Not really my specialty," she drawled. "Ah'm better at tracking an' hunting. An' that includes them rogue idjits that call themselves 'free mages' that lean towards darker magicks… that stuff has a particular stench like rotten meat and wood," she deadpanned.

"When it doesn't feel of musk." Rarity said with a blush. "I hope that they don't learn that I have personal experience with black magic of the lust variety." She thought to herself. "It seems Sweetie Belle has picked up a few of those spells, most specifically ones that use frustration to help with cleaning one of the few supposedly 'pure' spells of the black variety."

Richard exhaled softly. "No doubt Mumm-Ra will realize he's been pranked… as I replaced what he expects to be inside… with an explosive of pressurized air and skunk spray… set off by a plastic cylinder with a chunk of sodium metal… that will be set off when he opens the case… releasing the water held back by the lid of the case being closed," he commented innocently. "Though the sprayers of Liquid Ass may have been overkill," he commented offhandedly. He saw Rainbow staring at him with widened eyes, same as the odd girl with puffy raspberry hair and blue eyes.

"Dude!" Rainbow said visibly pissed off "me and Pinkie here may be pranksters but we don't set up something for someone who can literally kill us and is willing to do so! You are one crazy son of a bitch that I don't want to talk to right now! I've already dealt with my own problems with pranking in the past."

Both Ayumi and Twilight smacked Richard upside the head. "You obviously know how vengeful Mumm Ra can be! Why the hell would you antagonize him with such a prank. Now he's going to literally be gunning for us every chance he gets!" Twilight said. "Never prank a serious threat!"

"Even in my world I didn't do that!" Ayumi growled. "Now we'll have to be on guard until Mumm Ra is ash!"

Richard cocked an eyebrow. "Are you aware that my world knew of these two and Mumm-Ra as animated characters rather than 'real people'? Same for the Soul Reaver, though it was a video game creation… and Venom… was originally a comic book character. So the odds of me knowing such things are about the same as the odds of the rabbit popping a golden egg out of his rear, ya ken?" he deadpanned bluntly as he flicked his thumb at Angel Bunny, reminding them how little he knew of their world. He gritted his teeth as he felt heat surge from his core, unaware the metallic Chinese Dragons visibly rippled with multicolored rainbow flames.

"What are you? We've been ignoring it because of the fight but we've seen signs that you're not human. Hell, even the admittedly hot naked mare Ayumi can see that you're not human as implied by the freaking lightning mage's words while he was possessing her body." The draconic fighter said. "Hi Aunt Luna!" He said as he hung his sword onto his back. "Thank you for responding so quickly."

"So you come from an oververse?" Ayumi said ignoring the comment by the draconic fighter knowing his true identity. "Something tells me your oververse was far more connected with the rest of the Omniverse than you think. The signs on your body notwithstanding."

"Luna's your Aunt!" Pinkie squealed "my drake friend is royalty?!"

Richard cocked an eyebrow. "What the fuck is an 'oververse'? We had shows both animated and realistic that most considered fantasy, same as video games. However, all of them had one critical factor in common… they all were an escape from reality, which more often than not was boring as hell and where people as often as not took advantage of you in one way or another," his tone was cool and tightly controlled as he spoke. "You ever heard the phrase 'Aes Sedai'? It has a very particular connotation in the Old Tongue over what most would consider the 'common' tongue or language," he deadpanned. "And I was born a human…. so if I'm something other than human… I don't see it," he deadpanned with a cocked eyebrow. He was unaware of the metallic pale golden marking upon his forehead that stood proudly visible, rippling with both Solar and Lunar energies.

"It's a personal nickname for a type of universe that can easily observe other universes through their fiction as if it's in a glass box watching "over" those universes." Ayumi said. "A more common name for it is a "Nexus reality." There are a few that I have encountered including the very center of the Omniverse, the Zero Point, the point of the Omniversal Big bang." Ayumi tapped her sword "This is actually a relic from that universe where the zero point resides, the Infinity Blade. It was multiplied infinitely by falling through the zero point and sent to nearly all Universes. It is different from its normal look because of changing its look to match each Universe it is in. It was called the Sword of Balance or Harmony in my world. There may very well be a version in this world if the Sword of Omens is not that weapon already. It might not even be a sword as one version of the Infinity blade was called the Sideways Scythe."

"Hmmm…. that could be possible," Lion-O commented thoughtfully, "though Tygra would know better than I. Though T do know that there are ancient Runic markings upon the hilt nobody could read," he commented.

Richard shifted the Sword, looking closely at the hilt before he blinked, unconsciously dropping the blade in shock. "I could…. and it's a name… not of the sword, but if I'm right… a place the Sword is familiar with…. Grayskull," he said, his eyes wide. He saw prismatic white lightning arc over the blade as if reacting to the name as well.

Unknown to all of them, several star systems away, a tremor rumbled through the castle in question, causing two sets of eyes to open.

"The Sword has been found and the Runes etched into the hilt read," the elder of the duo commented.

"So, despite what happened all those centuries ago… our bloodline survived despite his attempts to end it," the younger woman commented.