• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 983 Views, 30 Comments

One Pony Death Punch - Sol Nemesis



In Princess Cadences' darkest hour, a master of ancient earth pony magic emerges to turn the tide. Lost in an era that is not his own, he must earn his place in this world and navigate all the chaos and hi-jinks it brings.

  • ...
2
 30
 983

PROLOGUE: "Peace through Strength"

"Maca, what have you done?" Commander Hurricane's helmet clattered to the ground. The Pegasus commander stood at the edge of a ridge overlooking a vast valley of moaning Pegasi knights. Limbs broken, armor shattered. The cries of pain were so loud that the commander had to fold his ears back.

Swift moving shadows overhead alerted him from his stunned silence as his personal guard landed before him and knelt.

"Report!" the Commander barked, perhaps a little more forceful than he intended.

"Honorable Commander!" responded the Pegasus "Our forward troops have been totally incapacitated! Lieutenant Stone Wing is unresponsive but still alive. In fact..." The Pegasus guard paused as if unsure of what he is about to say.

"Spit it out Lance Sergeant!" Hurricane spat impatiently, stomping his hoof causing his knights to flinch.

"There is something you need to see sir. It's down by the river. Please if you could follow us."

Commander Hurricane grunted and extended his wings, signaling them to lead the way. The trio took to the air, flying low over the devastation. The moans of the wounded grew louder as they neared a larger cluster of the wounded near the center of it all. Commander Hurricane saw it all up close. Boulders cut clean in half, Trees split down the middle. Craters where some of the more heavily wounded pegasi lay. The Commander kept count of his wounded but as of yet did not find a single fatality. Before long they came upon a stone statue in the epicenter of the destruction. At first the Commander wondered what a piece of artistic masonry was doing out in the wilderness but when he looked upon the face of the statue he froze.

A robed earth pony stallion stood on his hind legs, staff in hoof planted firmly on the ground. A straw hat sat precariously on his head shading defiant eyes. An expression of grim resolve.

"Sir!" His knights shook him from his stupor. They pointed to the writing on the ground which was no doubt written using the staff the once-pony held. Commander Hurricane held his breath as he read then growled in displeasure. He was clearly being mocked.

"Send a message to the other flight commanders, I order a full retreat."

"But sir!" One of his guards spoke up. "The invasion is ..."

"Do as I say or I will have you both executed for treason!" Commander Hurricane yelled stomping his hooves into the dirt so hard that the ground shook.

Without a reply his knights launched themselves into the air racing to deliver the order. Finally alone Commander Hurricane dropped his head and wept.