• Published 16th Nov 2021
  • 295 Views, 0 Comments

The Horn - Stelsun Darkstar



The unicorn/alicorn horns have evolved in so many ways.. Their shape, color, use..

  • ...
 0
 295

Chapter 01 - Before the Three Tribes

Before the formation of the three pony tribes, there was something different in the structure of the unicorn's horn.. What was it, you may ask? Well, a long time ago, their horns weren't the same color as their coat. They had a quartz-like color, silver, or just plain white.

Unicorns weren't able to produce magic from them. They just.. existed on the top of their heads, like a living decoration. The unicorns just lived with those horns, slowly growing as they grew up. They didn't think much of them, they just thought that it wasn't much of a big deal, having a literal horn, growing out of your forehead. Oh, how wrong they were!

One day, an old earth stallion was thinking about the use of those horns in the future. He thought that those ponies could use them as something more than just a flesh decoration to brag about.

"Look at my horn! It's quartz color is so clear that it's almost transparent!" "Well, my horn is so silvery, that i wouldn't mind if someone cut it off and sold it for ten hundred rubies!"

This old stallion wanted to make a change..

He just had to study and find forbidden spells and magic, untouched by the hands of any creature for centuries. After two months of studying, he just had to find a horn. When nobody in the town gave him a horn, he had no choice but to go to the cemetary, where it was easier to find a perfect horn for his study.


The old stallion's plan backfired. Ponies from all over the town wanted to banish him, because of literal graverobbing.

He packed up his studies, together with the stolen horn, and vanished, just like what the town's folk had in mind. The stallion moved to the mountains. In a ice cold cave, where an unknown monster once lived. There, the old pony continued with his studies, where nobody disturbed him, for a span of three whole years.


After three years without the graverobbing stallion, the small town haven't changed much. Only the fashion sence of the ponies and a few ways of providing food. They were happy that nothing seriously bad has been happening to their town.

Until they heared the slow trotting of somebody new.

Every single eye focused on the mysterious newcomer. They were wearing a dark cape with a hood that covered their face. Their hooves were covered in ice, snow and mud. And their furcoat..

. . .

The townfolk knew who that was.

One disrespectful pony was able to take the newcomer's cape and revealed who they were. As much as everyone expected, it was the old stallion that commited graverobbing three years ago. But still, something was noticeably different about him.

"Why do you have a horn?" Someone asked. "How did you got a horn?!" Another shouted. The ponies got desperate to know, how exactly did the old guy made the stolen horn, fit perfectly on his skull, with no signs of wouning, stiching and carving. They knew it was magic related thing, but the stallion didn't give the answer. He wanted this to be a secret of his. Something to keep for himself only, and probably his descendants too.

While the town's folk continued on shouting to the now unicorn stallion, he didn't say anything. He just smiled and looked foward. Probably looking towards his future..? Nobody knew..