• Published 28th Sep 2021
  • 1,961 Views, 64 Comments

Christmas Break - vvHunterr

  • ...
3
 64
 1,961

Ice-Skating

Logan, Jackson, Sunset, and Chloe had all decided to try out ice-skating at the lake nearby that had just frozen over.


"Have you ever been ice skating before, Sunset?" Chloe asked. "It's really fun if you haven't."


Sunset shook her head. "I actually never did. I don't think I've ever did any type of skating before."


"Don't worry, babe. I haven't done any physical activities since I retired from them," Logan told her. "Hell, I haven't even done ice skating before so however bad you are I'll be ten times worse." Sunset, Jackson, and Chloe all laughed.


"Man I haven't done anything physical for a LONG time. I just went from being a competive athlete to a sweaty esports player," Jackson sighed.


"Same, my dude." Logan said. They spotted the lake and pulled in the parking lot. They got out and went to the front to get thier ice skates. It was for free. They fitted them on and looked at the massive lake where other people were skating. People of all ages and sizes. Some were really skilled while others not so much. Logan felt Sunset grab his hand and whispered,


"We can learn this together."


Logan smiled and took her hand. They slowly approached the ice.


"Woah!" Logan gasped as he nearly tripped over.


"Don't fall yet! We haven't even got on yet!" Sunset giggled. While this was the first time ice skating, Logan did do roller skating before. But that was a long time ago and it's not exactly the same on ice as it is on wood. They approached the ice and slowly started to skate. Logan figured to do this he would need to slightly raise one foot to the side while repeating the process on the other foot. Sunset saw and followed his move. Once they got the hang of it, they started to pick up the pace a bit. They saw Chloe do a figure eight skate followed by a layback spin and topped it off with a triple axel.


"Damn, you good!" Logan said.


"Thanks! Is this first time for you guys?" She chuckled.


"You bet." Logan looked at Jackson who had already fallen. "And we can tell we're not the only beginners here."


Sunset and Logan continued to skate. They felt like they could go a bit faster so they started to speed up a little bit. They continued to hold hands as they skated on the frozen lake.


"If you want I can teach you some basic moves on the ice," Chloe offered.


"Sure, what you got in mind?" Sunset asked.


"Well this one is a really good one for beginners. It's called the bunny hop." Chloe began to demonstrate. "For this one, you need to get a good momentum. Follow what I do." She began to move around on the ice, swaying her feet to the side. "Once you get enough momentum pay closely attention. You want to quickly kick your back feet infront of you and switch it back fast. Make sure not to kick to far."


"Ok doesn't sound hard." Logan said. He tried it out first. He began to move by swaying his feet side to side gaining more speed and momentum. Here goes nothing. He began to kick his back foot in front of him but he had misplaced his footing and landed hard on his side.


"Oh my god, are you ok?" Sunset asked worried.



Y-yeah I'm fine." Logan groaned holding his side. "At least I didn't break anything. Lemme just get up hold on." He tried to get up but the ice was making it difficult. Sunset went over and helped him up.


"Thanks."


"Not bad," Chloe smiled. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get that move down in no time. And before you know it, you can do the more harder ones."


"Wow. So how are you so good at skating?" Logan asked Chloe.


"I've been watching YouTube videos and tricks on how to ice skate. And I've been doing it since I was like really young. Like seven years old."


"I thought you only did cheerleading and you quit."


"Nah, I also did competetive ice skating. What you thought Jackson was the only athlete sweat?"


Logan laughed. Speaking of Jackson, they saw him fall over a third time while he tried to do a jump spin.


"Careful, there buddy!" Logan said laughing. "I know you're cracked at almost every sport but don't get too overconfident."


Now it was Sunset's turn. She followed the same moves as Logan and when it came to do the bunnyhop, she also lost her balance and fell on her stomach. Logan grabbed her hand helping her back up.


"I can see you two have never skated." Chloe giggled. "But don't worry, ice skating is very hard to do, even at a basic level."


She then showed off some of her own moves such as a Biellmen spin, another triple axel, a quadruple jump, and the triple lutz. Jackson, Logan, and Sunset can only stare in amazement.


"My dude, did you know Chloe is a god at skating?" Logan asked.


"Hell nah, I thought she only did cheerleading!"


After they skated for a couple more hours, it was getting dark and they gave back thier ice skates and headed home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------