• Published 28th Sep 2021
  • 1,950 Views, 64 Comments

Christmas Break - vvHunterr

  • ...
3
 64
 1,950

Eating Out

Sunset and Logan decided to eat at a nearby mexican resturaunt. They went inside together and the host asked them,
"How many?"


"Table for two, please." Logan told the host. They were led to a booth against the wall and were given thier menus. They looked through it trying to decide what to order.


"I've actually been here before," Sunset said. "This place is actually really good. You'll like it here."


Logan looked at the different food options before him. "Taco Special with refried beans, enchilida combo with burrito, Habnero Burrito with a side of mexican rice."


"Huh, that's new. I never heard of that one before." Sunset said.


"Which one?"


"The Habnero Burrito. Maybe it's good. You should try it," Sunset suggested.


"Alright, then." Logan said. When the waitress came over to take thier order, Sunset ordered the Enchilida Combo with burrito and a side of soup. Logan ordered the habnero burrito and two soft tacos just for back-up. Sunset ordered a Coke and Logan ordered a Dr. Pepper.


"Alright, I'll be out with your orders shortly," the waitress said as she took the menus from both of them.


"So Logan, you never told me much about your old school," Sunset said.


"Oh well," Logan began. "Back in Manehattan, I went to Canyon High during my freshmen year. I was a bit nervous at first you know...being in a new school and all, but I managed to gather my courage and talk to a few people. And what do you know, I manged to make quite a few friends because of that. Not everyone was welcoming though. I had to deal with a few bullies but nothing too bad." A brief moment passes by where Logan shudders at the thought of Gilda. Sunset seemed to noticed to because she had a concerned look on her face. "Anyways, I really enjoyed sports so I signed up for the soccer team on the first day."


"I bet you made the team first try too." Sunset said smiling.


"You bet I did. Jackson was on the team too. Me and him actually known each other since kindergarten. And Chloe too."


"Who's Chloe?" Sunset asked.


"Oh she was also another one of our childhead friends when we were younger. Let me tell you, Sunset. Those were the golden days." Logan smiled as he remembered his childhood. "Me, Jackson, and Chloe. I may have had as much friends but us three always had eachothers' backs. If someone assaulted one of us, then they would have the other two to deal with."


"Is Chloe also an athlete too?"


"She does cheerleading. If you count that as a sport. She's the captain, though I don't know if she's still captain, of the cheerleading squad. She's also the only one in the entire school to do a quadruple backflip and somersault."


"Wow," Sunset said.


"Well soon after, my dad got a new job at Canterlot so we decided to move here. I will admit I wasn't too keen on moving because it meant leaving my old school and friends behind. So while I do miss them, I realized this new place isn't that bad at all. At my old school, I was actually pretty well known. I wasn't overly popular or anything but most students knew my name. They probably heard about me on the soccer team. I was actually pretty good. Jackson taught me a few tricks and moves when we were growing up."


"I bet you had a great freshmen year," Sunset said.


"I did. It was great for the most part. The teachers were really nice...well most of them. There are some who are just mean but hey, in life your not always going to get anything you want. Also I hate math."


"Almost everyone does," Sunset agreed giggling.


"I hated it before and I still hate it now. That's why I told myself that I was going to become anything but a math mathematician. It's so complicated you know with all the steps and shit. I can't deal with those."


When the waitress came over with thier food, she set thier food and drinks on thier table.


"Thank you," both Logan and Sunset said. Sunset took a bite out of her enchilida and Logan looked at his Habnero burrito. This shouldn't be too bad. He picked it up and took a bite out of it. As soon as he did, he had a burning feeling on his tounge. He put his food down and quickly took a sip from his Dr. Pepper.


"Oh god!" Logan exclaimed. He could still feel the burning heat in his mouth as he tried to swish down a few more of his drink.


"Spicy, isn't it?" Sunset said sarcastically while giggling.


"What the hell they put in this?" Logan asked. He was beginning to sweat now. "I know it's supposed to be hot but damn."


After waiting a few more minutes, the burning feeling finally went away and Logan decided to eat his soft tacos. He offered one to Sunset be she declined.


"If you want, I can finish that burrito for you," she said pointing to the Habnero burrito.


"It's really spicy," Logan warned her.


"eh, nothing I can't handle." Sunset shrugged. Logan gave her the burrito and Sunset began to eat it.


"Mmm, this is really good!" Sunset said.


"What the - is it not spicy for you?" Logan asked. He saw that Sunset wasn't desperately trying to drink something. She ate it like it was nothing.


"I actually ate a lot of spicy things growing up." Sunset explained. "This is nothing," she laughed. When Sunset and Logan finished thier food the waitress gave them the bill. The total was 60 dollars. Logan took out a hundred dollar bill.


"Hey Sunset. Any chance you might be able to break this up?" he asked.


"Yeah I think I can. Hold on." She took out five twentys from her bag and gave them to Logan and he gave her the hundred bill.


"thanks," he said. He went up to pay for thier food. After they were done they headed out.