• Published 28th Sep 2021
  • 1,946 Views, 64 Comments

Christmas Break - vvHunterr

  • ...
3
 64
 1,946

News and New Policy

"Popular resturaut now facing a major lawsuit that could potentially threaten to shut down it's doors for good." said a news anchor. "Never in almost twenty years this resutraunt had opened had this ever happened before. Brianna has more on the story."


"Thank you. Last week Abigail Good Eats has gotten in some serious hot water, all because of an incident that nearly cost a customer his life." Brianna cleared her throat before continuing. "Last Thursday a man, who he he asked not to identify, had suffered a poison attack MOMENTS after eating. People who were there all heard him scream from the bathroom. Vommiting and asking someone to call for an ambulance."


"I honestly don't understand. I don't have any clue whatsoever." Brandon said to the camera. "Never in my years of working here have we had something as bad as this."


"Just the next day, police have identified traces of a lethal poison: Tetrodetoxin."


"I don't have any idea, nor do my workers have any idea how it got there." Brandon said sadly. "That's Fugu poisoning and we don't even sell that type of fish. The only fish we serve is salmon, tilapia, and tuna."


"in another story, after speaking to government officials they have decided to outlaw all firearms." Brianna said. "After, a fatul incident that happened not too long ago, everyone is now prohibited from owning any guns in thier household. These include more lethal weapons like the Uzi machine gun, the glock .45 caliber, and the m1911 pistol. Anyone who posseses these weapons could face a charge up to $500,000 and if things get bad, up to ten years in prison. There are only two exceptions for this new policy: "If you're a police officer or if you're a veteran."


Micro Chips had a sick feeling in his stomach. He knew exactly what incident. No. He not only knew, but he played a major role in all of it. Even though he was let go, he still couldn't get the feeling of guilt off his chest. He blamed himself for being a coward. He hated himself for it. He figured Gilda knew that he was let go and was no doubt filled with rage. In the crazed state she was in, there was no doubt she would go after him when she escaped. Yes, when. Not "if" because Micro knew just what Gilda was capable of, but this was by far her worst. Her other accomplices were also facing charges but not as severe as thier leader. It wouldn't take long for everyone to figure out what he's done but there's nothing he can do about it. Maybe just stay at home forever? Never show his face again? "Maybe I should move to a different state and change my name/" he thought. He turned off the T.V and looked at the time. It was almost midnight and his parents, who were very reliefed that thier son was not thrown in jail, were still at work. He went to his bedroom and closed the door. Tommorrow is a new day


The next morning, Micro started to wake up from a loud knocking on the front door.


"Police!"


He started to go downstairs and answer but his father, Disk Drive. Had already answered it. A police officer stood at the front of his doorsteps.


"Mornin, Officer." Disk said a bit nervously. "Can I help you?"


"I'm just here to inform you about our new gun law that had just been passed out." The officer said calmly. He showed Disk a search warrant. "In case you haven't heard, we're outlawing all fire arms. We need to do a search on your house to make sure you don't have any."


Disk saw more police officers at other people's house. "So are guns like banned forever?"


"I'm afraid so."


Disk stepped aside to let the officer in.


"Someone check the upstairs while I check the main floor," the officer said to his walkie.


"Right away, sir." a voice responded. Another officer came in and started to search the entire upstairs.


"Honey, what's happening? What's going on?" Disk's wife, Ada Drive asked worried. "Why are these officers here?"


"There doing a search around our house for any weapons we have." Disk said.


Both officers searched everywhere. From every room, cabinet, not to mentions spaces underneath furniture.


"I searched up here. There doesn't seem to be anything here," said the officer upstairs.


"Copy that." said the one on the main floor. After he too was done searching, they decided to patch things up and leave.


"Wait! Officers!" Ada said. They stopped and turned around. "How are we supposed to defend ourselves against a home invasion?"


"I'm glad you asked that, ma'am because there is a much safer and efficient way. We're working with government officials to bring a new home security that people can use." The first officer explained. "It's an A.I system that you can set up to only allow certain people in your household, such as your husband and son. How it works is it saves and recognizes your facial features to let it know you and other people are accepted here."


"If anyone who is not on that "whitelist" enters, an alarm will sound and we will be notified immediatley to put a stop to it." The second one added.


"I guess that's understandable," Ada sighed. "Well thank you, Officers."


"No problem, Miss. You folks have a nice day." he said and they left the house. After they shut the door behind them, Ada began to research about this new "home security" system. She looked it up on the computer.


"CDAI" Ada read to herself. "Canterlot Defense Artificail Intelligence."

Introducing the brand new Artificial Intillegence that can help protect your home from dangerous invasions! Easy to use! All it requires is a facial feature from you and people you choose. Also includes 24 hour real time survelliance. Alarms that notify police, when you're away, you can set it up to monitor human motion detection and a notification will be sent to you through our new app under the same name. The app also allows you to monitor your household. Ada read the price and was shocked to see the price. $7,000. "What?!" she nearly spit out her water. Yeah, it's an advnaced security system but that seemed like too much! She groaned and closed out of the tab. Is this really the best way?