• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 3,351 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Strife: The Sigil Is Magic - Ichtudirweh



A comet struck our paradise known as Equestria, unleashing a virus that destroyed two thirds of the Earth's population. They turned out to be the lucky ones in the end....

  • ...
12
 65
 3,351

The Extermination Begins

"Move along, or taste metal..."

A statuesque, muscular armored subhuman cyborg bellows down to you.


Four months have passed since the mindless cult ventured far into the mountains, called opon by their One God. You could still clearly remember how the cult emerged back into Ponyville. First it began with the half human/half cyborgnetic foot soldiers. They were heavily armored with a new type of assault rifle. They marched into town with well coordinated squadrons. Each footstep synchronized in a military style fashion. They ambushed the town hall, were Mayor Mare still withheld 'mareshal law' over Ponyville. The foot soldiers slaughtered any surviving members of the royal guard, who were still alive from the yellow cloud. Mayor Mare, fearing for her well being, instantly submitted to the new cult. The cult granted her authority over the citizens of Ponyville; As long as she conformed to their new plan for all of Equestria.


The cyborgnetic men called themselves "Acolytes", performing duties and orders carried out by their One God. They brought along with them advanced technology to enforce their rule. Behemothic humanoid robots that were few in numbers, marched along the soft earth right besides the squads. They captured anyone or anypony with their enormous hands who would try to take refuge. The mechanized warriors would also demolish any buildings that the cult felt no purpose for. The organized cult, called the "Order", assembled citizens to construct re-education prison camps for all non-believers. The slaves would later establish their headquarters on the outskirts of Ponyville. Finally, the Order constructed a type of "conversion" factory for all captured stallions and men alike.



They went after our women, children, mares, and foals who couldn't possibly defend for themselves. Any alicorn or unicorn who would dare to use any "offensive attack spells" in self defense, would rebound from their "magicproof" metal alloy armor. Any pegasi/alicorn who attempted to flee Ponyville, were either shot down by the Order, or were captured to have their wings gruesomely clipped off inside the conversion factory. They rounded up all the women and children on carts. The fear stricken women and children were torn away from their homes, and were escorted to an unknown location in request by the religious cult's One God. It was part of the Order's plan for a whole new world, psychotically envisioned only by them. They believed they could prelong life without the usage of reproduction, and saw no need for a female counterpart.



Everyone in Ponyville lived in constant fear for their lives and safety. The cult's influence shot acoss the world. National and Civil wars broke out as a result. Armies and small pockets of resistance were effortlessly slaughtered by the masses. United nations from across the globe, and cities throughout Equestria fall one by one under the iron grip of the Order. Those who valued their women and children took shelter underground, and hid like feeble cockroaches. Other men and stallions gave up with little resistance, and submissively lived under the rule of the Order.


The Acolyte who ordered you to move along, was a group commander for a small extermination squad. The group consisted of lower ranking Acolytes. They captured a few mares and foals from the streets. The squad ordered the
distressed females to put their fore hooves against a nearby wall, to face away from the extermination squat. They all sob silently, and submit to the commander's orders. The commander somberly bellows in a robotic tone:

"3.....2.....1......Open Fire....."

The extermination squad discharge their assault rifles in a three round burst, aimed towards the defenseless mares and foals. The rounds strike the women and children from the back. You could hear the sound of a haunting "thud", as their bodies inanimately fall to the ground. Blood paints the wall with a tight pattern of bullet holes. You could feel yourself get sick. A squad of five acolytes march together in a triangluar formation from behind you. Their boots stomp in synchronisation that echoed throughout the town. Large, basketball shaped metallic drones hover in the air from above. They scanned the air with infared sensors, for any pegasi or alicorns with usable wings to gun down. Acolytes appear with large wheel barrows of dead bodies. Corpses were mixed with both female equines and humans. They were thrown into a nearby bonfire.


You wince at the horrid scenes conducted by the Order. Luckily for you, the Order left you alone just for the fact that you were a male. At least for the time being. With this new transition in your life, and no available work to sustain yourself, you divert to the life of a mercenary. The Order forced this lifestyle onto you, as you wished to never kill anyone over money. However, with the tyrannical rule of the Order, they had other plans for stragglers like yourself. The Order would unexpectingly break into your home in the middle of the night. You attempted to resist, but the acolytes overtake you with brute strength and sheer force. They knock you out with a swift blow to the back of your head, with the butt of an assault rifle.


You slowly regain your vision the next day. As the world around you comes into clarity, you look around to see both stallions and men all handcuffed to the back of a cart. It was being drawn by Big Mac himself. He was under the opressive rule of the Order, with two Acolyte troops seated on a coach wagon. The men gumble amongst themselves, while the stallions silently moan in disconfort. You sat with one bruised stallion to the right, and a man with a scar running across his face to the left. You shout over to Big Mac, who was being overworked from the station wagon and the load of the cart itself. His features were gaunt and malnorished, and his ribcage was visible under a thin layer of skin.


"Hey Big Mac! Where are they taking us?" You shout over to him. He was too weak to respond to you.


"Quiet, Parasite! I will kill you myself if you make another word." One of the Acolytes threaten.


You attempt to stand up from the back of the wagon, only to find your feet/hooves bonded in cuffs and chains. You turn your head to the front of the wagon, to see where the station wagon was taking you off to. In the distance, you witness what looks like a mining camp with both ponies and humans. The station wagon draws closer to the camp while time passes by. Two acolytes overlook the front gate of the mining camp in parallel guard posts. They both activate an electronic pull switch, which opens the front gatw of the mining camp. You observe your new surroundings once inside, to see malnourished stallions carrying a bizzare yellow radiant ore inside their knapsacks. You see men mining the unrefined ore embedded in the ground. Sentinels hover around the perimeter of the mining camp. Acolytes robotically march around the perimeter of the camp to accomidate the Sentinels. A single man who was infuriated with his work, throws his mining equiptment to the ground and attempts to escape. The sentinel's alarms sound off from the man's actions. It discharges a searing hot laser beam towards the man. The spherical lasers penetrate the man's heart. He falls to the ground with a charring cavity hole inside his chest.


The chains were undone around your arms/forehooves and legs/rearhooves. You are forced off the cart with the group of both men and stallions. You were either issued a mining laser tool if you were a man, or a large carrying bag for the unrefined ore if you were a stallion. You are assigned to a small cluster of both humans and ponies. They were tasked to mine 100 pounds of ore for the day. You were issued only one meal a day. It was a food substance of clear gelled protein, with a combination of minerals to sustain your body. The food gel was universally distributed to both men and stallions from the Order's guards. As you were eating your food substance one day, you spot a starving stallion with frail features. He was patiently waiting for food from the guards. The guards mock the deprived stallion by dumping his food in the dirt. Food would be normally dumped into the filthy bowls everyone was issued. The Acolytes holler with laughter, and kick the malnourished stallion in the muzzle. The stallion stumbles into a dirt pit, too weak to fight back. After the Acolytes departed from the stallion, you share some of your food with the stallion. The expression of appreciation was worth more than your appetite that day.


During your forth week inside the concentration mining camp, you could hear a faint beeping noise from outside of the concrete wall. You drop your food bowl in shock, after identifying the source of the beeping noise....