• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 3,351 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Strife: The Sigil Is Magic - Ichtudirweh



A comet struck our paradise known as Equestria, unleashing a virus that destroyed two thirds of the Earth's population. They turned out to be the lucky ones in the end....

  • ...
12
 65
 3,351

It Changed All Life As We Know It

As you peer into the telescope, you eyes widen in fear. The blazing fireball hovers closer to Ponyville. Action must be taken for granted. The comet was not deteriorating, as it penetrates deeper through the atmosphere. You had to warn Celestia before chaos disrupts in Ponyville.


You take off from the telescope to get a ride over to Celestia's castle. The royal guards backed away from the entrance opon your arrival, and hastily opened the gates after you informed them about your horrifying message. You sprint on the red velvet plush carpetway, towards the direction of Celestia's throne room. Celestia, glancing and reading a pile of letters, diverts her attention towards the sound of your panting. She finds the troublesome expression on your face to be startling.


"My faithful citizen of Ponyville...What brings you in here tonight?" Celestia questions, as she looks over your exausted complexion.

"Your highness, please look outwards to the night sky with your telescope. There...seems to be a falling object from the atmosphere heading directly towards Ponyville!"


All of the color from her face drains into a perturbed but bewildered expression. Your statement made her jump from her throne. Celestia descends from her throne in haste. She leads you to her observation balcony, to her own personal observational telescope. You point the telescope towards the flaming object in the sky. After Celestia peers into the telescope, she trembles in disbelief and agitation. You glance down toward the town of Ponyville from her balcony, to see both humans and ponies scurrying out of their homes to view the blazing object. The comet lid up the entire town of Ponyville. Celestia devises a quick plan for the comet in the sky.


"Please follow me, loyal subject. I shall declare a mandatory meeting inside the town hall for the citizens of Ponyville..."

She leads you to her personal royal escort carriage. The steps descend from the carriage, as you follow in behind her. The carriage door slams shut. She tells her personal escorters to drive faster in discontent. After many years living in Ponyville, you cannot recall the princess being this distressed from before. The Celestia that you used to know would always contain a cool head, even in stressful situations. She throws off her goldenware around her hooves, and bites the tips of her hooves in anxiety. A sense of apprehension overtakes the atmosphere of the carriage.


Sirens blared throughout Ponyville. Mandatory evacuations were being carried out by the royal guard. Humans and ponies trample toward the entrance of the town hall for the latest news. As you withdraw from the carriage with the princess, looks of panic and distraught shadow over the citizens of Ponyville. The town hall becomes congested with worried indiviuals and concerned families. Mayor mare, frazzled from all the panic, is relieved to see Celestia. Reporters, journalists, and news crews surround the stage with microphones. Celestia's royal guards prevent anyone drawing closer to the princess. The crowd settles down, as Celestia begins to speak at the head of the stage:

"My citizens of Ponyville, a illuminating anamoly befounds us this very night. It has been clearly identified to be a comet. Do not panic, however, the comet should dissipate in our atmosphere before it can make contact with Ponyville. To avoid any further chaos, I hereby declare Mayor Mare the rights of 'Mareshal Law' over the citizens of Ponyville. I advise your to stay in your homes and seek shelter until further notice. I will assemble a team of our greatest spell casters and scientists to deal with this threat. Let us all hope that the comet does not reach our precious land in due time. Any other questions will be directed to Mayor Mare at the time being. Thank you...."


Celestia leads you back to her carriage. You exit the building with her. The speech did little to ease the tention back inside the town hall. Mayor Mare is overwhelmed by shouting from the audiance. Celestia dismisses her royal guards around the carriage. You step in with her, and you are escorted back to the castle. The mane 6 patiently await for the princess in the main hall, with Twilight Sparkle in front of the group. Celestia is escorted out of the carriage, and Twilight Sparkle trots over to hug her with a following speech:


"Oh Celestia, what will Ponyville do about this? Is there any hope in rescuing Ponyville from this impeding disaster?" Twilight asks in worry to the Princess.


"I will assemble my hierarchy of spellcasters, in an attempt to create an invisible barrier around the town. Twilight, I urge you tell your friends to go back into town. Seal your homes and protect your families. I do not want you to be involved in this. Please, go." Twilight gazes at the princess in discontent, and subbornly objects to her plea.


"But Princess, I'm your top student! I should partake in this event....." She was blaintly interrupted by the Princess.


"TWILIGHT! PLEASE, JUST DO IT!" Celestia bellows aloud inside the castle. Twilight was startled by her sudden outburst. She drags her hooves in defeat back to Ponyville, along with her friends. Celestia turns over to you with a response of her own.


"Thank you for forewarning us about this cataclysmic event that is about to unfold. Please, I ask you to confort the girls. I shall assemble my highest ranking scholars to try and prevent any loss of life. Make sure the elements of harmony remain safe during these uncertain times. I must go now, for our time is limited."

Celestia turns away and gallops into her chambers. Confort the girls? It will be impossible to watch over all of them. So who will it be? It's up to you, which of the Mane Six do you choose to go back home with? Or will you ignore Celestia's plea and go back home by yourself?


A)Twilight Sparkle

B)Rarity

C)Applejack

D)Fluttershy

E)Pinkie Pie

F)Rainbow Dash

G)Go back home by yourself

Read onward to one of the Mane Six characters that you desire to choose. If you decide to choose not to form a relationship with any of the Mane Six, then choose G. After you are done reading, continue onto the next chapter.



A) Twilight Sparkle


You choose to go back home with Celestia's favorite top student, Twilight Sparkle. You look over to her in concern. Her head is bowed down in defeat, after Celestia defensively objected to her plea for her own safety. You walk over to her. She moves her head back to a level position, with a few words to say:


"I...I don't understand...I'm her top student. I've really wanted to help her, but why is she being so defensive all of a sudden?" She questions to you.


"Twilight, she's lived longer than any of us in about ten lifetimes. For her being over 1000 years old, she might have faced a dire situation like this from before. Let's listen to her demand and go back home, Ok? Look, I'll spend the night with you and Spike over in the Golden Oaks Library. Maybe we can share a good book together. Will that make you feel better?" You suggest the idea to her.


She thought about the idea with a shy blush. You could tell that a stallion or a human has never asked to be with her before. You knew in the back of your mind, that she would only isolate herself with books as her only companions. Her friends, Spike, and her books. She was the one out of the Mane 6 that took interest in you, ever since you moved into Ponyville. The two of you would always share books together, read magazines whenever the chance was given, read every little detail inside manuals, and would re-read them just to be sure. Spike was always intrigued by your fascinating tales, about bravery and courage, that you would always make up as you went along. You loved reading new information, or picking up skills whenever you had the chance to do so.


"Sure, I'll meet you back around my place within an hour. Ok?" She reconfirms with you, while she strokes her mane behind her neck.


"Alright, you got it. I'll be there right on the spot." You tell her in return.


Twilight and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. You finally arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to the Golden Oaks Library, you pause for a moment to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it to the Golden Oaks Library. Twilight greets you at the door as you let yourself in.


"Thanks for spending the night with me. I've chosen a few good books that we could both read together. However, It's going to be hard concentrating with all those panicking maniacs out there." Twilight looks up to you with a grin. You take off your coat on a nearby coat rack.


The two of you trot to a nearby window. Spike supports himself on a table to view the chaos unfolding outside. People with barrels of water rushed inside their homes. Ponies with carts of food panicked with their families. The streets were littered with newspapers and various debris. You lock up all of the windows and doors of the library, and snag a few books from off the shelves. Twilight cozily snuggles up to your side, with Spike overlooking above her to view the book. As you both read silently to yourselves for a few hours, your concentration was disturbed by a thunderous collision. It echoes throughout all of Equestia. The comet struck closer than you could ever imagine. The shockwave violently rattles the Golden Oaks library. Books unhinge and fall to the floor. Lamps overturn and clash with flying glass shards. You overturn your body onto Twilight, and grasp her under your arms. Your used your back as a barrier from any falling objects. Spike opens a large book and uses it as a shield over his head. After 20 long seconds of the abrupt collision, it was over. You support Twilight up along with Spike, and peer into a nearby window to view the damage done...


B) Rarity

You choose to go back home with Equestria's most elegant ladys, Rarity. Rarity looks over to you, after Celestia's startling speech, with a look of concern. She trots over to you with a discontent speech of her own.


"Darling, would you please escort me back to the Carousel Boutique? I wish to not be alone in such a frightening event. I could use a tall, strong Man/Stallion like yourself to protect me. Will you abide to this damsel in distress?" She clings onto your forearm, with one of her infamous looks of plea. Her ears droop to the sides and her lower lip extends forward in dismay.


How could you resist? She was the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria. She gave a generous amount of attention to her feminine side, made clothing for you on a regular basis for no charge, and was looking for that special someone in her life. She had a cute personality for a feminine mare, and pure heart made of gold. Besides, only Rarity and her little sister would not fare up very well. That's if anyone tried to break into their home in amidst of the riots occuring outside.


"Alright Rarity, I'll escort you back to your home. Let me grab a few things and I'll meet you there within an hour." You told her soothingly.


Her eyes glittered with joy, and she gasped a slight relief.


"Oh, that would be fabulous. I shall greet you by the Carousel Boutique's entrance within the hour. Please don't let this distressed mare wait for you any longer."


Rarity and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. After making sure Rarity was back safe and sound, you make your way onto the streets. You finally arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to the Carousel Boutique, you pause for a moment to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it to the Carousel Boutique. Rarity invites you at the door as you let yourself in.


"Darling, please let me take your jacket. Your right on time for some tea." Rarity's horn ambiently glowed, as you hold your forearms out. The jacket glides off onto a nearby coat hanger. Sweetie Belle looks up and grins to your arrival. You pick her up and give her a kiss on the cheek.


"Follow me this way darling. The tea is now ready to be served." She leads you back to the kitchen. You sit down at the kitchen table with Sweetie Belle on parallel sides of the table.


You and Rarity always got along infamously well. She was a high class woman with alot of needs, but none of them seemed to interfere with the things you did. She would invite you to go shopping with her at places such as the Ponyville Grand Mall, the Canterlot Strips, and the Fillydelphia Outlets. You wouldn't mind going with her, since you've enjoyed being in her company. However, the way she would shop from store to store, would drawl out for what seemed like an eternity. You never lost your patience, and remained a true gentleman/gentlecolt. As any typical female would do, she would rush out with bags of clothes from each fashion store. Then she would lose control over the jewelry behind the glass display cases. Rarity would often ask your opinion about what perfumes smelled best on her, if this clothing made her plot look too big, or if she looked pretty with this necklace. You would always give her a deep hearted response, instead of a generic remark like most apathetic guys would say on a date. She caught onto this, and would later realize that you were geniune, unlike the other colts that had previously dated her.


As the two of you discuss about some of the latest gossips occuring in Ponyville, the comet abruptly ended your conversation. Plates rattled from off the shelves and collided onto the floor. Expensive chinaware and expensive silver plated untensils crashed inside the kitchen. You run over to Rarity and Sweetie Belle, who were in a state of shock from the sudden disturbance. You grab them both and duck underneathe the table. Opalescence screeches abruptly, and runs out of the house in panick. Rarity holds you tightly. Sweetie Belle grabs your side and begins wimpering. The collision violently ends with a dead silence. After the collision, the three of you look outwards of a near window to reveal the damage done...


C) Applejack

You choose to go back home with some southern hospitality. The one and only Applejack. She trots over to you, to ask you something in a polite gesture.


"Ah...Hey there Sugarcube. Would you mind if ya came back home with me to Apple Acre Farms? We sure could use ya'll to pack away anything layin' around in the farm..." She blushes and kicks some loose dirt on the ground. You smile at her shy plea, with a polite response of your own.


"Sure thing sweetheart. First, let me grab some things back at home. I'll be over within an hour to help you pack away anything laying around in the farm." You tell her.


"Shucks, ya'll are so helpful to the Apple family. Ah gotta think of a way to repay you one of t'ese days." She looks up to you with a warm grin.


That's one thing that you've admired about Applejack. She was always honest and straight to the point. You could tell that she was raised on good southern morals from her parents. However, you were told by her friends that her parents were deceased. She held the responsiblity of running the farm mostly on her own. That left a huge impression on you the day you've met her. You would always volunteer to help around the farm unconditionally. Tasks such as carrying baskets of apples on a long wooden stick on your back, as you would talk to Big Mac around the farm. Big Mac was a soft spoken southern strong gentleman, that would intentionally look after her younger sister for her best intentions. At first, he was skeptical about your presence on the farm. But later on, he learned to gain your trust as he saw the honesty within you. He liked your helpful nature as it was less strain on him. Also, the fact that you were never big in math, and enjoyed the simplicity of the farm made you click with the family. Applebloom would always ask you for suggestions on how to get her cutie mark.


"Look deep within yourself Applebloom. Listen to your heart. You will find your true talent one of these days, just be patient. You have to explore the varities of life in order to discover yourself." You would always tell her.


Your advice would leave an impression on her. She would take off with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to explore the world even more. Applejack was impressed with your words of wisdom for the family, and was deeply attracted to your northern accent. She would invite you over for supper with the Apple family on a weekly basis. Granny Smith would muster up the best meals your tastebuds has ever savored. You would take the time out of your day, to listen to Granny Smith's old time stories about the past. The exciting events she witnessed when she was your age. She would recount interesting stories about the invasion of P-Day, the inventions that changed everyday pony life, her past love, and so on. Applejack really appreciated your presense around the farm. In return, she's taught you how to lasso, how to plant and buck an appletree, and so many other skills that you've hoped to learn in a lifetime.


Applejack and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. You arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to Apple Acre Farms, you pause for a moment to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack greets you along the outside of the barn gates.


"Ahm glad you've made it in one piece sugarcube. It's like heck on earth down there in Ponyville. Can you help me carry t'ese bales of hay back to the barn with me?" She walks you over to bales of hay laying around near the fence, that seperated the barn to the crop field.


"Sure thing." You tell her.

You follow her over to the bales of hay. Big Mac carrys a barrel of apples over near the barn. He nods his head as a greeting towards you, and you wave at him in return. You lift two bales of hay with your arms and follow Applejack into the barn. Winona rests on a makeshift dog bed. As you deliver the last bale of hay back into the barn, Granny Smith rings a cowbell to call out supper for the family. Applebloom helps distribute plates around the family dinner table, as you make your way inside the humble home. Granny Smith's cooking aroma from her pots fill the entire room, as your stomach grumbles anxiously for a home cooked meal. As everyone gives thanks for their meal before eating, a loud crash emerges from Ponyville that disrupts the quaint atmosphere. The shockwave from the comet rattles the entire house violently. Cast iron pots, with the food from the kitchen table, collide onto the ground with extensive force. Winona emerges from undearneathe the table and barks aggressively. You huddle around the family, as you all take cover underneathe the table with the family dog. Big Mac manages to cover Granny Smith and Applebloom with his enormous silhouette, as you cover Applejack with your body for her protection. She grasps her arms around your waist, while she buries her head into your frame. After the violent outburst was finally over, you stand up with the family to reveal the devastation outside....



D) Fluttershy

You choose to go back home with the timid and humble Fluttershy. The mare with inner beauty and hidden talent that no one seemed to pay recognition to. Fluttershy was startled by Celestia's defiance to Twilight's plea, and started to tremble in response of her outburst. After she regains her posture, she trots over to you with a plea of her own.


"Um....Could you please.....Come back home with me tonight? I'm scared for my pets and I would like someone to be around...If you don't mind..." Fluttershy asks, while bowing her head in nervous submission. Her heart warming plea makes you smile with a response of your own.


"Fluttershy, I don't mind at all. I feel that you would be extremely vurable to anyone out there. How could I go home in content if I knew that you couldn't defend yourself? I'll help you safeguard your pets, and I'll be with you tonight. I'll be by your cottage within the hour. I gotta grab some things from my home first, and I'll be right over. You can count on that." You tell her.


She perks up her head in delight and gives you a warm hug. Oh, Fluttershy. It was a challenge breaking the ice when you first met her. She was extremely insecure and shy when her friends first met you, but you broke the tension when you approached her with your knowledge of nature. You told her that you were an outdoors man/stallion at heart, and loved every possible moment that you could give back to nature. Her attractive persona radiated with kindness, with a trace of innocence that was untouched by anyone else that resides in Ponyville; And quite possibly all of Equestria for that matter.


When you first made eye contact with each other, you instantly bonded with her humble nature. You would take long walks throughout the woods with her, help injured animals make a full recovery, enjoy the sights and sounds of birds chirping, and somehow even got along with her pet rabbit, Angel. You did not however put up with Angel's spoiled behavior, as you would show true alpha dominance over the pet rabbit. Angel respected a male authoritative figure with a backbone, and got along with you with little resistance. The fact that you contained a leadership persona, an assertive presence that would help care for animals around the cottage, she would look up to you as a leader and a guardian for protection.


You'll never forget the time when you were on a peaceful walk, when you heard the outcry of a mother wolf with her pups. Her rear leg was caught inside a bear trap. To your knowledge, poaching with bear traps was strictly forbidden in Equestria. However, a few twisted indivuals seemed to bypass the portal before being caught. You squat down to the injured wolf mother, as you attempt to disarm the bear trap. Instead of the mother snarling defensively at you for her pups, she sensed your presence to help her and her young. You release the trap with sucess, and wrapped a makeshift bandage around the injured leg from a piece of your clothing. As the mother limped behind you, back to Fluttershy's cottage, you cradle her pups within your jacket. Fluttershy rushed out from her cottage to tend to the injured animal's leg. She knew that you were geniune from that day forward.

After helping her raise the wolf pups with her, the fully mature adult wolves would often swing by the cottage with a series of kisses, full of thankfullness for the two of you. You enjoyed watching sunsets on a nearby hammock by the cottage with her after a long day, as you wrapped your arms around her in confort. She would rest her head on your shoulder in complete trust.


Fluttershy and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. You arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to Fluttershy's Cottage, you pause for a moment to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it to the cottage. Fluttershy patiently waits for you from the top door.


"Oh, it's horrifying out there! People and Ponies fighting like predators for food and water. Luckily I've got plenty of both, but we have to tend to my animal friends before we can settle in. I have to make sure that they're all fed and properly taken care of." She tells you in concern.


"Alright, we'll start off with the birds and the bird feed. We'll work our way around the cottage, tending to each animal with the right amount of food. After that, let's make sure we lock up all of the doors and windows inside the cottage. There's no way we could tell if we could trust anyone out there on the streets." You tell her.


After tending to her animals, and finally settling inside her cottage, Fluttershy prepares a snack after all of that hard work. As she presents the plate of neatly arranged food on the table, the comet violently strikes the outskirts of Ponyville. Animal feed, with the addition of pet supplies, tumble outwards from the shelves and onto the floor. Fluttershy leaps from her chair and shrieks in terror. You grab her securely, and head under the table with Angel besides you. Fluttershy trembles ferociously, as she clings onto you for protection. More falling objects from within the cottage collide onto the floor. After 20 seconds from the violent shockwave from the comet, You peek your head out from underneathe the table. You grasp Fluttershy's forehoof, as she cautiously follows right behind you. Both of you head to the doorway of the cottage, to reveal the damage done by the comet...



E) Pinkie Pie

You choose to go back home with the overly rambunctious party animal, Pinkie Pie. Nothing ever seems to phase her, even in a dire situation like this. Pinkie bounces over to you with a little message of her own.


"Hey there silly pants! Wanna come back home with me? We could always throw a party together! It would get our minds off of all of this!" Her squeaky upbeat voice proposes to you. Heck, why not?


"Alright party animal. I'll be by your place within an hour. I gotta bring some overnight things, in case I decide to crash at your place. See ya in an hour!" You tell her.


A party, huh? That really sounds like a good break from all this drama unfolding in Ponyville. Even though the whole idea sounds ludicrous, it seemed sane by Pinkie Pie's cheerful demenor. You've always submitted to her playful nature. After all, life is too short to be negative. It should be spent enjoying every moment of it. Pinkie Pie was a mass of conflicting impulses, however you famously got along well with her. You really impressed her at the last party, with her alcoholic cider drinking contest. You were the last one standing in amist of all of her friends, that passed out drunk on the party floor. It boiled down to you and Dash with 8 mugs both chugged. Dash could barely pick up her last mug, and she collasped to the floor while you were still going at it. The next day of the party, you remember waking up in the afternoon with your body sleeping in a akward position on her couch. Marker was drawn all over your face, as you can't recall the previous night whatsoever. Pinkie trotted over to you in admiration.


"Wow! You really are a party animal! I bet your having one of the worst hangovers right now! Here, have some water." Pinkie hands you a glass of water, while her friends wake up around you in a groggy mood.


Ever since that day, Pinkie would invite you over to bake with her. You would go to town events like the circus, arcades, ice skating rings, theme parks, and other things that Pinkie Pie and you enjoyed together. Even when she experienced her split phases, you would always be there for her. She loved your company and loved having you around. You helped her improve her recipes and even went as far as marketing her own brand of cupcakes; called Miss Pie's Cupcakes. Word quickly spread around town about the baked goods.


"I've never thought I could go this far with baking! Seems like we really were ment to be together!" She cheerfully shouts aloud to you and gives you a big warm hug. The two of you were lost party animals, that stumbled into each other by fate.


Pinkie Pie and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. You arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to Sugarcube Corner, you pause to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it to Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie Pie cheerfully bounces for you at the doorway.


"Hey there silly! Glad you could make it! It really is like a wild party out there. Wanna come in for some drinks?" She asks you. You catch your breathe at the doorway.


"That sounds...great right about now. That'll get my mind off the fact I almost got trampled to death." You tell her, as you throw your bag inside the doorway. She giggles in return, and bounces off to the kitchen for a fruit cocktail mixer. Gummy blankly stares at you, as you seat yourself down at the kitchen table. What a funny little critter, you think to yourself. Nothing ever seems to phase him as well. You could see why this was her pet. Pinkie rushes back out with two cocktail glasses, and the mixer already prepared.


"This is a special blend I made myself! It's kinda like a pina colada, 'cept I call it a Pinkie colada! Here, try it!" She gleefully pours your a glass. She pours herself a glass of her own. Before you had the chance to sip the cocktail drink, a large collision rattles Ponyville. You grab Pinkie instictively, and take cover behind a counter.


"Oh no! What's going on?" Pinkie shouts in panick, as kitchenware from the bakery crashes to the floor. She hugs you tightly as baking trays, metal pots, pans, and other cooking untensils fall to the floor. After about the longest 20 seconds you've ever experienced passes by, the violent shaking from the coment comes to a sudden halt. Pinkie Pie wraps her arm around your shoulder, as the two of you emerge from underneathe the kitchen counter. You walk over to the kitchen window to view the outside world and the damage done...



F) Rainbow Dash


You choose to go back home with the tomboyish mare, overwhelmed with self confidence and loyality, Rainbow Dash. You could really use somepony around with that kind of personality in a time like this. Rainbow Dash boasts a question of her own to you.


"Hey there tough guy! Wanna chill with me back at my place? At least you'll be safe from the ground in case anything happens. We could work out together if you want to get your mind off of things?" She proposes to you with a innocent blush.


You knew in the back of your mind that Rainbow always had a crush on you. You were a renowned athlete back in Ponyville. When you trained your body, you knew what you were doing. You stayed away from alcohol, ate at least five nutritious meals a day, worked out for at least two hours in the morning, and you would hit the right muscle groups each day with plenty of recovery shakes and rest. It really paid off in the end. All the mares would drool over your build. You got along with all of the other stallion and human bodybuilders, and you would go out of your way to help out others at the gym.


That's when you first saw Rainbow Dash. She was struggling, trying to squat a whopping 400 pounds on her own. You knew right away that she couldn't handle that with her size. There was no way that her back was ready for that kind of weight. You rush over to her, when she almost collapses to the side. Before she fell over, you caught the bar in mid air and quickly re-rack the weights. She collapses back onto the hard rubber floor, while panting invigorously.


"Ma'am? Do you know what your doing? What are you trying to accomplish by lifting those heavy weights?" You ask her in concern, while she catches her breathe.


"Hey! I know what I'm doing! I'm trying to train my body! What do you think I'm trying to do, look like an egg head lifting a dumbell?" She snaps back to you rudely.


Instead of trying to reason with her, you offer your help. You heard all of the stories of Rainbow Dash. A determined athlete, a hero to many, and a role model for many foals and children alike. Her agressive determination and tomboyish personality was an attractive feature to you. It was rare to see a mare of her league, as even most stallions that you knew were wimps with no backbone compared to Rainbow Dash. You loved a woman with self confidence and a strong willpower, even if she was in the wrong in this case. You throw her off her agressive streak with advice, and some help of your own.


"Well, look, I was walking by when I noticed you were going way too heavy. It disturbs me when I see someone with your kind of motivation incorrectly exersize. Let's take a break from lifting with your back for awhile. I'll help you set a few goals that you could work at. By the time your done with me, you'll be squatting 400 pounds in no time. Let me show you around the gym, and I'll train with you tonight. Later on I'll sit down with you, and plan a workout schedule with what exactly your trying to accomplish. Ok?" You polietly propose your idea to her.


She thinks for a minute, and smiles to the idea of your proposal. She expected backtalk from you, but instead saw appreciation for someone that was willing to take time out to help her. She extends her forehoof out to you, as you grab it and help her on her hooves.


"Wow...You would really do that for me? Heh, your kinda cool after all. I expected someone with your kind of physique downtalk somepony with my kind of build. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing when I work out here. All that I want to do, is build up my muscular endurance and wingpower so that I could fly faster." She tells you in relief.


"Hey, not a problem. I was just like you when I first started. High goals, but with no clue. Come on, I'll make you a schedule. We can talk things through, and I'll devise some goals for you." You lead her back to a table inside the gym.


"By the way, my friends call me Dash." She informs you in trust.


As weeks transform into months, you layout a series of strength and endurance courses for Rainbow Dash. Every day of the week, you would swing by her place to the gym. You would be her pesonal mentor when she pushes herself to the limits. You would shout aloud to push in another extra rep, to go that extra mile when she was struggling the most. She loved the fact that she had someone to motivate her when she was exercising. Dash quickly bonded to you for your strong willpower and encourgement. Within time, she reached her goal of squatting 400 pounds in three sets.


Rainbow Dash and you depart from the castle, as the rest of the girls head back to their homes. You arrive at your house, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you gathered up your things to go back to Dash's Cloud Condo, you pause to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you stand in front of the large cloud structure. Dash swoops down from her doorway, to help escort you up to her place.


"Guess your gonna need a lift to get up there, huh? Here, I'll fly you up to my place. Hang onto me tight!" Dash extends her arms to you.


You cling onto the soft silhouette of Dash. She prepares her wings from the ground, and darts off in lighting speed. You reach the doorway of the condo, and calmly descend in front of it. She unlocks the door, and leads you a room converted into a miniature workout room. You put on your workout gloves, as Dash racks some 45's weights on a bench press machine. Before you could support your body under the bench bar, a sudden shockwave emits from Ponyville and collides into Dash's condo.


"Sweet Celestia, what on earth is going on!" Dash stumbles backwards. Weights from a weight rack collide onto the ground. You thrust your body away from the machine, and grab Dash securely in your arms. You dart out of the hazardous room with her, as more weights crash onto the floor from behind. The shockwave rattles Dash's condo, for what seemed like a stalemate in time. You take cover inside Dash's room, and duck underneathe the bed with Dash by your side. She grabs you tightly as you experienced the longest 20 seconds of your life. As the shockwave finally halts to a sudden dead silence, you dart out from underneathe the bed. Dash follow you to a open window inside the room. As the cloud structure floats from a distance above Ponyville, the two of you peer downwards to witness the damage done....



G) Going back home by yourself


What are you, a personal babysitter for Celestia? You choose to go back home by yourself. The girls can take care of themselves for now. They're fully grown mares with their own problems. In everyday life, you chose to be alone, seaching for that special someone to fill the void inside of you. As much as you liked the Mane 6 as your friends, you could not make personal connections with any of them. They were good friends. That's it. You wish the girls the best of luck, as you depart from the castle and head back home.


You arrive inside the middle of the streets, and glance up at the sky to see the comet now the size of a large basketball. The light gleamed throughout the entire night sky of Ponyville, in a blinding golden white light. As you think about plans to secure your house, you pause to think about Celestia. She knew that nothing could be done about the comet that would inevitablely strike Ponyville. Was this really the end of civilization? You could only hope that it wouldn't be. While avoiding the last minute prepping humans and ponies, that scurried around in the streets like frightened animals, you finally made it back to your house.


You board up and lock your windows. You secure the doorway, and place sandbags in strategic locations around your home. You gather as much food as possible and place it onto your kitchen table. You rush to your bathroom, to fill the tub with as much water as you can, while gathering as much extra water in jugs and buckets to be used for drinking. While gathering as much resources as possible, the comet struck away from a distance. You could hear the panicked screams of your neighbors from outside. You run into the basement, as the shockwave from the comet shakes your house. Cans of food roll off your kitchen table, and crash onto the hard wood floor. You flip the switch of your emergency power to your house, as the whole town of Ponyville loses power.


The ramble from the shockwave comes into a sudden halt, you emerge from your basement into the living room. You glance from a crack of a wooden plankboard, as you witness the damage done from the outside...