• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 3,351 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Strife: The Sigil Is Magic - Ichtudirweh



A comet struck our paradise known as Equestria, unleashing a virus that destroyed two thirds of the Earth's population. They turned out to be the lucky ones in the end....

  • ...
12
 65
 3,351

A New Evil Is Born

The Mane 6, along with you, regroup near the townhall. Thousands upon thousands of bodies littered the streets. A putrid stench spoils the air around you. Families mourn over their dead. Bodies were stacked in piles and were fully incinerated. Both ponies and people attempt to peel off layers of skin that were exposed to the cloud. A new sensation of melancholy and depression overwhelms the entire town. The girls are deeply agitated from the scene. Applejack kicks up some nearby dirt, while she bows her head in sorrow. A thought suddenly appears inside her head.


"Oh my sweet Celestia!.....Mah family in the south! I'll have to find out if th'er okay. Look...I'm sorry ya'll...Ah gotta leave Ponyville to make sure they're all safe and sound. I promise aile be back to return to yew fella's." Applejack tells the Mane 6 out of the blue.


"Darling, are you sure that's the brightest idea? We would be absolutely devastated if anything were to happen to you from your departure." Rarity spoke in concern.


"A'm sorry sugarcube, but I gotta go. I cannot continue on not knowin' what happened to the rest of mah family. I'll be back sooner enough."


She hugs all of her friends goodbye, and waves down a taxi afterwards. She informs the taxi stallions to head to the Ponyville Express train station. Before she jumps onto the horse drawn cab...


A) Read onto paragraph A, If you've decided to form a relationship with Applejack previously.


B) Read onto paragraph B, To wave her goodbye and wish her the best of luck.



A) Before leaving to her cab for her departure, Applejack trots over to you.

"Ah'm gonna miss you especially Sugarcube.....If anything were to happen to me, I want you to look over mah family while Ah'm gone. This is strict family business. I just can't go on not knowing what happened to them. Ah hope you understand..."


Before you had the opportunity to say anything back to her, she stands on her hind hooves to your level. She wraps her forehooves around you, and unexpectingly kisses you on the lips. Your head turns red with surprise, as the kiss caught you off guard in front of the girls. The other Mane 5 gaze opon the scene in admiration. Applejack lowers herself from your level, and looks away in a shy blush with her forehooves crossed. The taxi cab hollers at Applejack impatiently. She turns away and trots to the taxi. The taxi rides off in the distance. Subconsciously in the back of your mind, you know that she'll return back to Ponyville safe. The question was when?


B) Applejack stands on her hind legs and hugs you goodbye. You hug and wish her the best of luck. She trots away from you and the girls, and enters the back seat of the cab. The Mane 5 all wave as you do so. Applejack peers from the back taxi window, and tears up from the image of her friends fading in the distance. The cab rides off into the horizon. Fluttershy silently sighs to herself. The rest of the girls head back to the main hall once more.


After Applejacks departure, the girls regroup in a small semicircle with you joining them.


"Whatever is going to happen to Ponyville? How am I ever going to go back to the spa? And....And shopping! How am I ever going to go shopping again?" Rarity whines in distress to the group.


A) Say something kind to comfort her (choose this if you formed a relationship with Rarity). Read after paragraph B to avoid confusion.


B) Give her a realistic answer, but be polite at the same time. Continue on from there.


A) "Sweetheart, I'm going to make it an absolute priority to go shopping with you. With all of this stress and tension from this tragic event, it'll be a great way to relieve ourselves. Afterwards, we can go to the spa to get a deep muscle massage. I would hate to see a beautiful mare, such as yourself, to experience a panic attack over this. Look, It'll be my treat." You propose your idea to her.


Even though the idea itself wasn't a realistic answer, it did have some effect. Twilight rolls her eyes in disgust, and Dash chuckles silently to herself. Pinkie bounces up and down like the goofball she is. Fluttershy remains silent the entire time. Rarity's eyes glitter to the idea. It definitely did releave some tension off from her.


"Oh darling, you would do that for me? You truely are a gentleman/gentlecolt that any mare could ever dream about. That's why I love being around you." Rarity whinnies aloud cheerfully.


She jumps up to your level and kisses you on the cheek. Twilight inpatiently disrupts the moment between you two.


"Look, can we get back on track here? This isn't accomplishing anything productive..."


"But, whatever shall we do in the meantime?" Rarity asks you directly. The rest of the girls look over for your word.


"I think we should help out anyway we can around here in Ponyville. I'll be with my special somepony to lend a helping hand/hoof around town. You girls look around to assist anybody or anypony who can use our help. Rarity dear, would you help me with anything that isn't too laborous? Does that sound alright to you?"


"Darling, that sounds excellent. Thank you for not putting anymore stress on me, you truely are a man/stallion looking over his lady." Rarity's cheeks blushed. Twilight snorts in disbelief. She leaves the group with the rest of the girls.


B) "Well Rarity, I hate to break it to you. I don't think any of us are going to go shopping anytime soon. But hey, look on the bright side. Once Ponyville gets back on it's hooves again, you'll have your chance to go shopping again. In the meantime, we all should try to help out around here as best as we can." Rarity bows her head to the ground, with her lower lip extended in defeat. Fluttershy trots over to Rarity to slightly confort her.



The girls preplanned their own agendas and motivations after the comet struck. Fluttershy's kind hearted nature made her a perfect candidate to care for the sick around town. Twilight Sparkle used her spells and ingenuity to assist in the constructive restoration of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash helped carried supplies for the construction. Pinkie Pie assisted in soup kitchens, to distribute food for everyone who was starving from the lack of food. Rarity generously volunteered inside the homeless shelters, to hand out blankets and materials for families without homes from the comet, or from the savage anarchist who've burnt down anything in their sight.



How do you want to play your part? Do you want to:


A) Help Fluttershy. Care for the sick and the dying (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Fluttershy).

B) Help Twilight. Co-cordinate with the reconstruction of the town (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Twilight).

C) Help Dash with labor and the restoration of Ponyville (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Dash).

D) Help hand out food and cook with Pinkie Pie (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Pinkie Pie).

E) Be with Rarity. Work with her in the homeless shelter (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Rarity).

F) Go back to Apple Acres and help Applejack's family (choose this option if you formed a relationship with Applejack).

G) Go back home by yourself. Help around your neighborhood (choose this option if you don't have a relationship with the Mane 6).




A) "Um, hi there...Would you mind if you came back to the Ponyville hospital with me? I'm working as a nurse there. We are so overwhelmed with sickly patients, and we could use some volunteers...If you don't mind. Most of the Ponyville staff has recently passed away due to direct contact with the cloud....Or they are either too unhealthy to work. I could use a helping hand/hoof around the hospital with the patients I'm assigned to. I've only treated animals with you, but I'm too scared to work on any human or pony by myself....." Fluttershy sighs unconfidently to you.


"Flutters, I will be more than willing to help you treat your patients. Just tell me what to do, and I'll assist you in any possible way I can. You can put bits on that. We've treated many animals in the past, and they have all made a sucessful recovery. This should be no problem for the both of us." You tell her.


Fluttershy squees from your positive encouragement, with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.


"Oh....thank you so much for being there to help me...Especially in a time when Ponyville has taken a serious fall, and is in need of our nurture. I knew I could count on you..." She winks to you, after another silent sigh of relief.


The two of you depart from the town square together, to travel to the Ponyville hospital. When you've entered inside the hospital's main entrance, patients silently moan in physical and mental anguish from around you. There were not enough rooms in the hosipital to occupy all of the sick. Most of the patients lied on makeshift beds in the hallways, reception rooms, and waiting areas. Most of the admitted patients suffered from horrible skin mutations. Others silently babbled to themselves from severe mental trauma, or screamed aloud in pain. Hospital staff rushed around with both ponies and people on stretchers. "What have you've gotten yourself into?" You think to yourself. Fluttershy leads you to a room with a pale man on a bed. He was tall and bald in appearance, and he suffered from major exposure of the yellow cloud.


"Um, Good morning sir....This is my assistant. We are going to take care of you for today. Now let's see...what is your ailment? Do you need help with anything?" Fluttershy asks the man.


He completely ignores Fluttershy. He starts to tremble from severe paranoia, and then suddenly calms down for a brief moment. He shouts a brainwashed speech in front of you and Fluttershy.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the One God! The leader of the new Order over the world! He speaks to only us chosen! Everyone else who cannot hear him is an non-believer! I shall only listen to him, he is my guide. All non-believers will perish before him, in his prophesied future! Wait! Can you hear him? He's calling us to the mountains for a new beginning! The new age has begun! I must leave here!"


The patient jumps out from the bed. You and Fluttershy attempt to strap him down, but his unnatural superhuman strength overwhelms the both of you. He pushes off with extesive force, and exits the room calmly. More than half of the patients from around the hospital follow the man in a mindless matter. He gathers everyone/everypony from around Ponyville who also hears the malignant voice of their One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



B) "Hey again. I could use some assistance from you. Mayor Mare requested that we should design a new fortified structure around the town hall. However, I'm not quite exactly sure what kind of materials we should use. You see, since the comet struck Ponyville, it wiped out most of the available building supplies for the construction crew. What do you think that we should use a substitute?" Twilight asks.


You think for a minute, and examine the damage done in your surroundings. What would be a good building substitute? A quick idea pops inside your head.


"Can we use reinforced mud bricks and straw? It seems like a stable material that's commonly used for alot of the homes built around here. From what I see, it can hold up to some substantial abuse. It's also alot more economical to replace in case anything ever happens again...." You suggest.


"That's a great idea! Wow, why didn't I think of that? This is why I love having you around. Mayor Mare would have my flank if I didn't propose something to her soon. Why don't you come back to the Golden Oaks library with me, and we can look up on how to build reinforced walls with mud bricks?" She suggests with nerdy enthusiasm.


The two of you depart to the treehouse library from the town hall. Before you could approach the entrance, a stubborn crowd of both ponies and people block your pathway. The enormous crowd is led by a tall, pale man....


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the One God! The leader of the new Order over the world! He speaks to only us chosen! Everyone else who cannot hear him is an non-believer! I shall only listen to him, he is my guide. All non-believers will perish before him, in his prophesied future! Wait! Can you hear him? He's calling us to the mountains for a new beginning! The new age has begun! We must leave here!"


"New age of what?" Twilight questions aloud. You create a barrier between her and the brainwashed crowd.


More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



C) "Hey there tough guy! Wanna help me carry some wood? The Ponyville Constuction Crew and I are salvaging the damage done by the comet. We could use someone as strong as you, to help us patch up the houses around here. Whaddya say?" Dash winks for your help.


"Sure thing Dash. Remember what I taught you about lifting heavy objects?"


"Yep!" She nods and blushes cheerfully.


"Always lift with your hind legs, and keep your back strait. Don't ever lift more than what you can handle." She quotes from one of your training seminars with her.


"That's my girl." You tell her in return.


She chuckles like a school girl and waves you over. The two of you assist each other in lifting a series of stacked wooden plywood boards. You pace with her over to a home, that was damaged by the rapid looters and anarchist before order was finally restored in Ponyville. Suddenly, a brain dead crowd guided by one man stubbornly appears in front of you. The two of you pause in your tracks, and release the plywood to the ground. You dart over to Dash, and block her from the crowd for her protection. The leader mindlessly chants aloud in front of both of you.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the One God! The leader of the new Order over the world! He speaks to only us chosen! Everyone else who cannot hear him is an non-believer! I shall only listen to him, he is my guide. All non-believers will perish before him, in his prophesied future! Wait! Can you hear him? He's calling us to the mountains for a new beginning! The new age has begun! We must leave here!"


"What the hay? We're not following you to the mountains! Are you all nuts?" Dash suddenly boasts in front of the large crowd.


"You will regret those words, non-believer! Seek salvation in the mountains when the One God has spoken!" The bold man snarls towards you and Dash.


More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



D) "Hey, silly! We sure can use you at the soup kitchen in Sugarcube corner. It's like a wild party down there! They are so many hungry ponies and people with grumbling tummies to feed. Do you want to help out with handouts back at the kitchen with me?" Pinkie grins her proposal towards you.


"You party animal! You bet your pink flank I'll help you out. I can't imagine all the overwhelming joy of those hungry souls, ready to be fed by your splendid cooking."


"Oh, you! Come on and follow me back to Sugarcube Corner. We're being bombarded with tons of hungry bellies that need our help." She giggles to herself, and leads you to follow her.


You depart from the town hall, to follow her down to Sugarcube Corner. She converted the bakery into a fully functional staff of kitchen crew and volunteer food distributors. Rarity was working inside the bakery as well, generously handing out blankets and pillows for every family who was in need.


As you work with Pinkie, cooking up scrumptious meals for every hungry family to savor, and passing out food for every orphanated child and foal from the comet, you hear a faint chant emerging from outside the bakery. A large group led by a tall, bald man pass by Sugarcube Corner. Everyone pauses from what they were doing, and proceed to walk to a nearby window to gaze opon the enormous croud.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the One God! The leader of the new Order over the world! He speaks to only us chosen! Everyone else who cannot hear him is an non-believer! I shall only listen to him, he is my guide. All non-believers will perish before him, in his prophesied future! Wait! Can you hear him? He's calling us to the mountains for a new beginning! The new age has begun! We must leave here!"


"Weeee! That look's like fun!" Pinkie squeals aloud. You hold her back from joining the brainwashed crowd.


More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



E) "Darling, back inside Sugarcube Corner, we are abundantly being overwhelmed by many families who are in need. Our staff, Pinkie Pie, and I cannot simply handle the large crowds ourselves. Could you be my hero, and help me escort as many clothes, blankets, and pillows generously out to the families with me?" She convincingly pleads to you with puppy eyes.


"Oh, of course sweetheart. I will be willing to do anything to help relieve stress. Your generosity is unmatched by anypony throughout Equestria. I will do my best to shine upon a diamond like youself." You use your cheap lines on her again.


"Ohhh....how sweet of you darling. Not only you are a polite, well mattered gentleman/gentlecolt, but you are a romatic at heart. I love a man/stallion that will do anything to confort his lady. Come closer to me, darling."


Rarity stands on her rear hooves, and she extends her head to pucker up for a kiss. Jackpot! Well, that was easy. She kisses you on the lips for a short moment in time. Her eyes flare up with delight; from the firey passion expressed from the kiss between you two. She trots back with you to Sugarcube Corner, with her forehooves wrapped around your torso. She smeared a bit of her blue mascara from her facial features resting on your shoulders. The two of you walk back to Sugarcube Corner together. You secretly hold her forehoof with your hand/hoof underneathe the counter, while you work with her to hand out supplies. The staff vigorously distributes clothing, pillows, and blankets to anyone in need.


While the last of the supplies were handed out, you hear a faint chant emerging from the outside. A large group led by a tall, pale man passes by Sugarcube Corner. Everyone pauses from what they were doing around you, and walk to the nearby windows to gaze at the enormous crowd. You hold Rarity close for comfort.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the one god! The leader of the new order of the world! He speaks to only the chosen, everyone else who cannot hear him is an unbeliever! We only listen to him, he is our guide. All unbelievers will perish before him in his prophesied future! He's....calling us to the mountains for the new beginning! It has begun! All believers must leave here to start a new era!"


"That sounds absolutely horrible! Let us never venture to the mountains for whatever reason!" She whines to you in a dramatic tone. You nod in agreement.


More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



F) You clearly recall what Applejack requested for you to do, before she departed to see her family. To look after her family and the farm while she was gone. You head back to Sweet Apple Acres by yourself, where you spot Big Mac and his little sister lifting wooden buckets of apples. You jog over to Big Mac, who lowers his bucket of apples from his mouth to talk to you.


"Ah heard what happened to Applejack. Wish she'n told us ahead of time. She seems like she trusts you the most to look after the farm while she's gone. You mind helping us with these bunches of apples? That will be mighty fine of you."


You lift two baskets of apples with your back, supported on a long wooden carrying stick. Granny smith rocks back and forth on her rocker on the front porch, while knitting a sweater for Applebloom. On top of a hill overlooking Ponyville, Applebloom calls the two of you for a sight to behold.


"Big brother! Mister! Come over an' check this out!" Applebloom waves at the peak of the hill.


Big mac drops his basket. You lower the wodden stick carefully to the ground. You pace over to Applebloom with Big Mac right by your side. On top of the hill, you gazed opon what seemed like half of Ponyville's citizens being led by a tall, pale man. You extend your ear out, to hear what the man was chanting to the crowd from a distance.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the one god! The leader of the new order of the world! He speaks to only the chosen, everyone else who cannot hear him is an unbeliever! We only listen to him, he is our guide. All unbelievers will perish before him in his prophesied future! He's....calling us to the mountains for the new beginning! It has begun! All believers must leave here to start a new era!"


"Ya'll think I can get my cutie mark with that man?" Applebloom looks up to you with a perplexed expression.

"I don't think so Applebloom. Big Mac, get Granny Smith inside with your little sister. I got a bad feeling in my gut about this." You tell Big Mac.

"Eeeyup. Ah agree. Come on Lil' Sis, lets go on inside and avoid any trouble." He gathers the rest of the apple buckets. You lift the wooden stick on your back while following Big Mac.

More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....



G) The six of you depart from your own ways, and head back to your corresponding homes. You trot around your neighborhood, to see if anyone could use your help. Bodies piled up in front of houses on lawns. Doors contained large painted X's in front of the doorways. Children and foals alike wander around the streets, searching hopelessly for their lost families. The sounds of mourning and sobbing surround the air around you. As you pile up as many bodies in front of your house, a tall, pale man with a large group passes by your house. He chants something aloud in front of the crowd.


"Can you hear him? He is marvelous! He is the one god! The leader of the new order of the world! He speaks to only the chosen, everyone else who cannot hear him is an unbeliever! We only listen to him, he is our guide. All unbelievers will perish before him in his prophesied future! He's....calling us to the mountains for the new beginning! It has begun! All believers must leave here to start a new era!"


More than half of the citizens of Ponyville follow the man with blind faith. He gathers everyone/everypony from around town who hears the malignant voice of the One God. Both brainwashed humans and ponies follow the man to the Drackenridge Mountains. Their collective voice would teach them how to rebuild Ponyville with more advanced technology. It promised them centuries of desire for mankind and ponykind alike, where Princess Celestia failed to do so. The brainwashed cult would go on a crusade, to merge all non-believers into a single superhuman/superpony race over all living beings.


As the weeks go by, this new religous cult ravaged the crusade against all non-believers. Anyone who didn't hear the voice or spoke out against it, were planned to be rounded up and put into concentration camps, or were planned to be silently exterminated....