• Published 15th Sep 2012
  • 3,351 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Strife: The Sigil Is Magic - Ichtudirweh



A comet struck our paradise known as Equestria, unleashing a virus that destroyed two thirds of the Earth's population. They turned out to be the lucky ones in the end....

  • ...
12
 65
 3,351

How It All Began

"Hey, what's that in the sky? Wanna check this out?" Someone calls you over to an observation telescope.


The year is May 18th, 2018. Humankind and Ponykind have lived peacefully in coexistence. Ever since the arrival of human explorers first step foot opon the mystical lands of Equestria. Celestia greeted them with open arms, as humankind sought out new territory for colonization from their own realm. The humans brought along a recollection of books containing their past history, skilled laborers, tradesmen, Doctors, medicine, new technology, ideas, and so many other things to share with the world of Equestria. Celestia and Spell practitioners taught the humans the concepts of magic. Both species, as time grew on, never came into conflict with each other. The two species merged armed forces to form a diverse military of both pony and humankind. Soon enough, relationships started to build within each other. Both species formed marriages and shared life long bondings.


You are the Protagonist, our main hero in this story. You get to choose who you want to form relationships with, how the outcome of the story will be revealed, and how the fate of Equestria will be decided(with the possibilities of three endings). Your decisions from here on will ultimately let you live to fight another day. Or will you fall under the iron fist of the Order?


First, lets start with your character. Do you prefer to be a:


A) Human

B) Stallion


Now remember this, chosing either races will not affect any of the possible outcomes of the story, or the relationships that you choose to form. This is basically your own personal preference for who you want to be.


If you choose A) then read paragraph A onward about the history of the arrival of humans.


If you choose B) then read paragraph B onward about your first glimpse of the arrival.


A) You remember clearly in your mind the first day you stepped onto the grassy plains of Equestria. The portal that materialized from your world into this mystical realm was large enough to transport a caravan of humans. However, not everyone back in the human realm of modern day earth could not pass through. With corruption and demoralization ever becoming more present in everyday life, a desperate series of prayers were finally answered by a god like force. Your eyes widened once the publicity of this new portal broke out across the world. Everyone rushed to glimpse the beautiful landscapes of Equestria. Goverments tried desperately to seize the public from entering, while they assembled armed forces with checkpoints as an attempt to take control over the portal. They failed. Humans that desperatly seeked refuge collided with the armed forces with arms. Eventually they forced themselves into the peaceful place of senerity.


Your intentions had to be pure and true in order to pass through. Other corrupt human beings with their own evil intentions would evaporate into thin air if they attempted to pass into the portal. Celestia devised a sort of 'filter', to seperate the good from the evil. The gateway was finally closed after a predetermined limit was allowed to live in Ponyville.


That faithful day when the ponies first reacted once they saw you. Most family of ponies stood back and cautiously guarded their young, while others stared with blank expressions of disbelief and awe to the sight of humans and their families. A greenish cyan colored pony rushed to the scene, and gleefully shouted to her friend "See! I told you that they existed! You owe me 100 bits!" Afterwards, her boastfulness broke the ice between the akward silence of the two species. Celestia, on a golden throne, was called to the scene after one resident of Ponyville contacted her with the news of humans. Groups of human security guards, and Celestia's royal guards, cautiously formed a parallel perimeter between the two species. Celestia cautiously trotted forward in a friendly demeanor as a sign of grettings. A leader of the humans stepped forward to greet her. She was the first to speak amongst the two species.


"Welcome to our realm strange creatures, I am Princess Celestia. Do you speak our language, or....can you understand us?"


The large white equine spoke in a familiar tounge to the humans. English. Perhaps it was a sort of universal translation that we could all understand. The humans are still not sure how it was possible to this day, but with that aside, her tone of voice was soothing and welcoming to all of our ears. The leader of the caravan of humans stepped forward.


"Yes, we can understand you. We do come in peace. We seek refuge from our corrupted planet. Allow me to extend my greetings to you."


The human extended his right hand towards Celestia. Celestia, unsure of the gesture, copied the human and extended her hoof. The human grasped her hoof and shook it. The parallel lines of guards went back into the crowd, as the two races stepped forward with a ton of questions. The two races from that day onward started to transcribe a whole new way of life. The ponies were curious about why humans lacked cutie marks. Humans explained that most of them were multi-talented in a variety of fields. This statement rose respect and more trust between the two intelligent species. Ponies, with the help of humans, built more homes and expanded residences inside Ponyville. Both Scholars and historians were shocked to see the striking similarites of famous landmarks and city names. Life continued on in tranquility. You decided to live in a small home near the outskirts of Ponyville. Twilight and her friends invited you over for tea one night. She developed a special interest in human books and anatomy. After the tea party and a few discussions, she invites you to her top balcony to stargaze with her friends. You make yourself confortable inside the warm atmosphere of the Golden Oaks Library. You gaze opon the billions of starts that glittered throughout the night. She peers inside her telescope, and spots an odd anomaly flying towards the town of Ponyville....

B) You cannot clearly recall how you first reacted, since the first day humans transcended into the realm of Equestria. You were one of the many starstruck stallions that trampled in the crowds of equines to get a glimpse of the humans. Many questions rushed throughout your mind. Were they hostile? Were they friendly? How do they act? Do they have cutie marks? What was their goals and motivations? Curiousity got the best of you, when you stood up on your hind hooves in the back of the crowd. When you first glimpsed at the sight of a human, your jaw dropped in awe. The best description that you could muster up, was that they looked like shaved slender pink gorillas. However, they spoke your language, and were more advanced than any wild gorilla that you could ever imagine. That psychotic green mare was right, they really do exist...But how in Celestia's name did she know? Maybe she was behind the mysterious opening of the portal of their realm into ours. No one could be certain for sure.


The female species of the humans, contained features that we're pretty attractive to a stallion such as yourself. The mane's on their head grew in an akward position from around their scalp. They called it simply hair. They walked in a bipedal fashion and wore clothing, which did not make any sense to you. They claim it was for privacy and warmth. What strange creates these humans are. More of the less they were pretty interesting. A group of humans, under the rule of the township, decided to move near your home. Your new human neighbors were friendly and outgoing. They invited you to backyard cookouts and strange new games. However, their ideas of entertainment were exactly reminiscent to the sports and events that your species were accustomed to. Their language contained different slang that you were accustomed to. They would say 'somebody' instead of 'somepony', 'everybody' instead of 'everypony', and so on. It drove you up the wall.


During one neighborhood gathering event at night time, a middle aged female human with a backyard telescope was star gazing. She invited you over once she saw you during a backyard cookout. She seemed to have a special interest in stallions like yourself. She cuddles up towards you in comfortness and delight. You peer inside the eyeglass piece on the telescope to spot a large, searing hot object rushing towards your hometown of Ponyville.....