• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 1,821 Views, 28 Comments

Fred Walsh's Adventures in Equestria - Baguettedood



Fred Walsh attempts to get some sleep a portal send him to Equestria in the year 796.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,821

Chapter 4 - Guest Room

Chapter 4

"Well, that was a change of scenery, going from a cell to a proper room. Something seemed a little bit off about Celestia though. There are very few situations in which you visit someone minutes after the sun rises, even it was the apology. Hmm… Actually, I think she looked rather tired, as if she didn’t even get any sleep. Though the Princess might have lost sleep, I don’t think this incident could’ve been enough on its own. There’s more to it; I’m just what set it off. This goes back a while.”


*Click*

The door opened with a nigh-inaudible squeak.

“That’s well oiled,” Fred commented at the door as he walked into the Canterlot Castle Guest Room. “Thank you, sir,” he turned around and nodded to Lieutenant Bullhorn. Bullhorn simply nodded back before returning to his duties.

Fred Walsh closed the door, then turned around to survey the guest room. Below him, the floor’s design was various shades of blue, flowing in an interesting pattern. Fred became distracted with the carpet and drew faces on it for a few minutes, working out that the best direction to draw in was toward the entrance.

‘Okay, that’s enough.’ Fred continued to examine the rest of his new living space. Going counter-clockwise around the room he now noticed was circular, (he was previously too busy making faces on the carpet) the wallpaper was also a medium-dark blue to contrast the floor. Moving on to the right-hand side of the room, there sat a wooden work desk, which also included a vanity mirror. On the head of each part of the vanity mirror sat a deep blue sapphire. ‘This must be the Blue guest room, it seems. Hey, why not theme your guest rooms? I wonder where the others are.’

Situated at the back of Fred Walsh’s new living quarters sat an inviting balcony. He curiously sauntered toward the doors before sliding them open to witness the view of Canterlot and beyond. Outside, the summer sun shone brightly, the fresh morning beginning to warm up. The balcony was well-lit too due to its orientation eastward.

Below, Fred could see a few small, colourful dots going about their business, in between constructions of varying sizes, from a little bit higher than a pony, white-and-gold towers making up the majority of Canterlot. Of course, more than just the city could be seen from the balcony. Outward, past the awakening metropolis, Fred could see the great expanse beyond the mountain Canterlot was situated on. In the far distance, he could make out a few black dots. ‘Isn’t that where Ponyville should be? Well, this is 200 years early. It’s probably just starting up now.’

Fred turned and went back inside, leaving the majestic view behind. He slid the door closed before scratching an itch that cropped up on the back of his head. The sunlight had been baking into his hair for the past five minutes and flinched madly when Fred’s hand touched his cranium.

There were still a few things left to explore in the blue guest room, but it had to wait. ‘Hold on a second,’ Fred realised something. ‘That armour makes all the guards indistinguishable, changing their coat and eye colour, so how the hell did I know that Bullhorn was the same guard from last night? I’ll have to look into that.’

Fred spun toward the door before power-walking towards it to find an answer to some questions; question #1 was about Equestria’s crime rates, and question #2 for the royal guard’s armour enchantments. First, he would check the library. However, before he could even traverse the length of his room:

KNOCK KNOCK

Fred was briefly startled by the unexpected noise, but after regaining his composure, he finished power-walking to the door and opened it.

“Hello?”

“Mister Fred Walsh?” A feminine voice spoke out.

“That’s me,” Fred replied.

“You’re wanted in Science Laboratory 3,” The unidentified mare requested.

“Ooh, science. Sure, why not?”