• Published 26th Dec 2011
  • 1,820 Views, 28 Comments

Fred Walsh's Adventures in Equestria - Baguettedood



Fred Walsh attempts to get some sleep a portal send him to Equestria in the year 796.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,820

Chapter 1 - Departure

Chapter 1
*Video footage from a wrist-mounted computer*

The video displays the face of a 22-year-old male, with blue eyes and dark brown hair, where at the front to the left slightly, it curves in the rough shape of a small tornado.

“Well, I might as well use this to document my journey through Equestria, and then watch it later and wonder what kind of drugs I was on.

“In the meantime, assume I’m not high on anything. Anyway, I’m Fred Walsh, and I somehow entered Equestria, the land of colourful ponies. I mean, I was a fan of Friendship is Magic, but I never really expected to end up here. Does this prove that theory about imagination being nothing more than observations of an alternate universe hold truth? Well, either that or universes are created through the power of imagination. Either way is kinda screwy with your mind.”


Fred Walsh unlocked and opened the door to his house. He was wearing a laptop backpack because he had just returned from a LAN party with some of his friends, which would’ve went much smoother if the power hadn’t kept going out. Fortunately, all the participants were using laptops. Unfortunately, the wireless router was on the AC power.

Fred took off his shoes, then went into his bedroom and put the bag down next to his desk. Then, the power went out again.

Fred sighed. He didn’t have a torch with him at the moment, but remembered his watch. It was more of a wrist-mounted smartphone that can’t call people than a watch that Fred built himself. Fred pressed the home button to light up the display and then navigated to his bed. 'I’m too tired right now, it’s 2AM and I can’t be bothered with anything.' Fred landed on his bed with a thud, then unstrapped the watch and put it on his bedside table before the screen timed out from inactivity and turned itself off.

Fred managed to sleep well for a few hours, when a rumbling sound jolted him awake. He quickly darted out of his bed and put on his watch before he looked for the source of the rumbling. Fred was briefly reminded of a Twitterer’s instincts to tweet before finding shelter during an earthquake. His first guess as to where the rumbling originated was somewhere outside, possibly heavy vehicles driving past, even though it’s a suburban residential street. Fred looked outside for vehicles but didn’t see any in the dawn light. The rumbling didn’t sound as if it was coming outside anyway.

“What the hell!?” Fred exclaimed as he realised the rumbling seemed to be emanating from the middle of his room. “Okay, who broke the laws of physics?” Fred questioned nobody. With a flash of bright light and a CRACK loud enough to be heard for miles, a blue and white-coloured gap ripped through his floor. Fred tried to shield his eyes and ears from the light and noise before realising he was falling through the portal.

“SHIIIIIIIiiiiiii…..,” was the last thing Fred ever said while on Earth.