• Published 6th Sep 2021
  • 1,006 Views, 22 Comments

Pokémon: Merging of Worlds - The reluctant fan



After an experiment to open a direct gate between dimensions goes wrong, the world of Pokémon and Equestria become one.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,006

Chapter 1

Ethan's eyes adjusted to the blinding light of the Hall of Origin to see the creator of all in all of his glory standing before him. His reaction?

"So can you explain what the hell you were talking about?"

"Ethan, I know we are on casual terms with each other, but I'd still appreciate it if you refrained from saying that word in my presence."

"Right, right. Holy being and all that. But seriously, can't I enjoy a single month to myself without something happening?"

"It would appear not, such is the burden of being the chosen one."

Ethan grumbled under his breath. "Stupid fucking destiny and it's shitty rules."

Arceus rolled his eyes. "If you're quite done acting like a child, I could show you what we are dealing with.”

Arceus projected an image of an unknown continent that did not exist beforehand.

“Huh… should we be worried about that?”

“It does not appear to be of any immediate threat. The planet has somehow grown larger to accommodate for it. However I would like you to go investigate after our conversation to see if there are any beings living there that would threaten my Pokémon’s safety. If there are, have your team deal with them however you see fit.”

“Ok, got it. Anything else?”

“There is another thing that concerns me. An entirely new energy has made it’s presence known because of this sudden change. I cannot identify what it is, but as long as it isn’t causing trouble, it is nothing to take immediate action on.”

“Okay, so you want me to head over to this new uncharted land to not only look for threats, but try and figure out what this ‘energy’ is. Speaking of, can’t you just do this yourself?”

“Ethan, you know how I feel about taking part in the mortal world’s issues.”

“Right. You’re too lazy to do anything, so you have me do it instead.”

“That’s not how it is and you know it. Now be on your way.”

“Wait, one more thing. Do you know what caused the sudden surge of energy that caused all this?”

“I do not know the reasons for it, but the energy originated from the Aether Foundation.”

Ethan pinched the bridge of his nose. “Fucking Lusamine… whatever. I’ll deal with her after I deal with this. Thanks for the info Arceus. Wait… how did you know a new island appeared, but you don’t know what was going on in the Aether Foundation?”

“We’ve been over this. I don’t like spying on the activities of mortals. I see my universe change, but not how. I leave that up to the legendaries.”

“Y’know, for a god, you’re really lazy.”

“…Just go and investigate the continent already.”

Arceus teleported Ethan back down to earth and sighed.

“I can never keep a dignified image around him, he asks too many questions…”


Princess Celestia was confused and concerned. She had awoken to the rays of light shining down upon her form, something that shouldn’t be possible given she was the one to raise the sun. When she felt for her connection to the celestial body, she found that it was still there for both the sun and moon, but moving the sun proved to be an impossible task. It felt as though it was further away, and much larger than normal. That shouldn’t be possible though. The moon was a stranger phenomenon. Unlike the sun, it didn’t feel much bigger or further away, but she still found she could not move it.

The more she failed to interact with the celestial bodies, the more she began to panic. How were the day and night to cycle without guidance? Not only that, but her little ponies would be in an absolute panic if they found out their princess could no longer cycle the day and night. But the most terrifying thought? Her sister. She was still trapped in the moon, and if Celestia no longer had control of the two bodies…

She frantically searched for any sign of her sister’s magical signature. To her immense relief, it was still there on the moon, and stronger than the last time she checked. The long awaited return of her sister was less than a month away, and she didn’t want all of her plans to free her of her curse to go to ruin.

Celestia trotted her way to the kitchen for some tea. Her nerves were shot after this strange change, and she needed calming. She sat down at the dining table and a servant came forward with her breakfast. Thanking the pony, Celestia began to eat. She needed to think of what to tell her subjects when they inevitably noticed the difference with the sun.


Ethan shot through the shy at hypersonic speeds atop the back of Latias. The legendary Pokémon had been more than willing to assist him in getting to the mysterious continent.

“So what do you think it’s gonna be like? Do you think that there will be new friends to meet there?”

Ethan chuckled. “Well, given that this is probably a result of Lusamine’s whole ‘dimensional gateway’ project or whatever, it’s not a stretch to say that there will be life there. Whether or not they’ll be friendly, or even sentient, remains to be seen.”

The continent gradually came into view, and Ethan tapped Latias on the side. “Here it comes, slow down a bit so I can see what we pass.”

The Eon Pokémon slowed to about Mach 2 as they began to pass over the land. They soared over a desert, and then a forest, with nothing relatively notable popping up. After they got past the forest however, they saw what appeared to be a small town, judging by the group of buildings.

“Well Latias, I think we can say they’re at least sentient. Go invisible, I don’t really want us being spotted.”

They passed a couple more towns, spotting some railroads as well, until they came upon a giant mountain. It was what was in the mountain that got their attention however.

“A castle..? Well I suppose there’s weirder locations to find one. N’s literally rose out of the ground back in Unova. Fly us closer Latias, this place looks important, and possibly a good place for introductions.”


Rainbow Dash, self proclaimed fastest flyer in Equestria and captain of the Ponyville weather team, was blown back by a huge gust of wind following a deafening ‘BANG!’. She righted herself before she hit the ground and looked around frantically for what could’ve caused it.

“What the hay was that?!”

She looked off towards Canterlot and saw a cone of air blasting towards the city at insane speeds. What was most perplexing was that there didn’t appear to be anything causing it.

“What is that? Some sort of attack? Well, I’m sure the princess can take care of it, whatever it is.”

Rainbow shrugged and went off to find a new place to nap, given the cloud she was using had been blasted apart from the air pressure.


As the legendary and the world champion approached the castle, they slowed down to about 50mph and lowered their altitude to get a better look at the area. Ethan squinted in confusion as he saw the figures walking the streets and the guards at the castle doors.

“Equines? Weird. Not as weird as ultra beasts, but still weird. Well, whatever, I’m sure someone important is inside this castle, but it’s not like I can just walk up to those guards and ask for an audience. They’d tell me to buzz off at best and think I’m a monster and try to kill me at worst. Luckily I have solutions for that!”

Ethan had Latias set him down in a remote ally where he wouldn’t be spotted and pulled out his portable Pokeball swapper. It was a new device that had been developed by the Galar region’s Macro Cosmos. It was going to be released to the public soon, but being world champion got Ethan early access.

Swapping out one of his current team members for his Alakazam, he let the Psi Pokemon out of his ball, he made a shushing expression.

“Hey Alakazam, you see that castle? I need you to teleport us just past the main gate so I can get in.”

“A simple task, but may I ask why?”

“You know that project with dimensions Lusamine and Colress were working on? Yeah, well it backfired and now we have a new continent. I need to get in there to try and talk with someone, but I really don’t want to deal with those guards.”

“Remind me why you let that woman go through with that idea of hers?”

“I thought Colress would be enough brains to prevent a problem! Clearly not, but I’ll deal with those two later. Now, teleport?”

“Very well.”

Alakazam held it’s spoons up, and he and Ethan flickered out of focus. Latias flew off, not wanting to wait in the dirty alleyway. She’d hear the Eon Flute if Ethan needed her anyway.

The trainer and Pokémon reappeared inside a hallway full of stained glass windows. Ethan nodded in thanks and returned his partner to his ball. With that, the champion began to traverse the castle, trying to find anyone important looking to talk to. He quickly ducked behind cover whenever he heard one of the small equines approaching.

Ethan noticed there were three kinds. Those with wings, those with horns, and those with neither.

Eventually, he came upon a large door. Looking through the keyhole, he saw a gathering of the equines, these ones wearing fancy clothing. They were talking about political jargon like taxes and building projects that Ethan didn’t really care about. His attention was drawn to the pristine white equine with wings and a horn sitting on a throne in the middle of the room. Oh, and it had a tiara.

“Jackpot. Now, how do I go about this? No real way to be stealthy, given it’s a full room, so I guess we go for the dramatic entrance.”

Ethan pushed the door open and strode through. All the eyes in the room turned to him, widening in shock, confusion, fear, or some mix of the three.

Ethan smirked and waved a casual hand. “Hey, I got some pretty important information I think you should know about.”