• Published 5th Sep 2021
  • 509 Views, 2 Comments

All Equestria's Tomorrows - GodzillaSpino

  • ...
2
 2
 509

The Heavenly Equines (Should've Just Went With Star Ponies, but I Didn't. Fight Me)

After that little discussion was over and done with, the remaining ponies and horses looked into the destruction and carnage and decided that they didn't want that sort of shit happen again. They re-united, mostly out of necessity as the once dominant species barely escaped extinction. This meant massive changes needed to be made to make sure such a war would never show its horrid face to the equids. Not just political or economic ones, either. Biological ones.

These biological changes were due to the fact that it was hard to believe the two equid species could ever truly concretely join forces, now that they were so extraordinarily different from one another. The solution was to genetically engineer a new superspecies, fit for intergalactic travel.

The individuals were given the choice to either give birth to the new, much more powerful race that would quickly overshadow them, or be sterilized. In the wake of such slaughter from the war (which, if it extinguished ponykind, would've been a humiliating end due to the fact no cool Star Wars-esque wars were fought, but rather both species cowered behind war drones and opted to cause severe problems in the climate and maybe destroy a moon, causing meteorite hail), the majority of, if not all equids opted for the former option, and the only known resistance were simply a few tiny complaints and other things with about the same intensity as these said complaints.

Just after a few generations, the race proved how fit it truly was for its purpose. In just that span of time, they had conquered the entirety of the system Equus revolved in. That, however, wasn't enough. The domain of the star that Celestia had once moved countless times across the sky of Equus became small over time, so the Heavenly Equines began to look further beyond. However, even for this race, interstellar travel would be far from easy, even if they combined their magic and science together.

Many complications and failed attempts later, a solution rose. Generational ships were created, sending off chosen individuals to the abyss of the universe, whose descendants many decades, possibly even centuries or millennia later, would finally arrive to colonize the planet their ancestors' eyes were set upon. To be blunt, it failed miserably, as these ships descended into anarchy that would make Technoblade (the Dream SMP character, not the YouTuber) blush to the point of his entire face going as red as a tomato.

After that, another solution arose. Perhaps they could simply send extremely fast, automated ships with self-replicating, semi-sentient machines that would terraform their destination and simply drop the genetic material of the equine into a fully-formed clone. Also, memory wouldn't be as much of a problem, because magic still exists and somehow isn't a forgotten craft. Despite that, some sick individuals became technophiles and fell in love with the machines that created them...which gets even weirder when you compare to falling in love with your own mother, making the entire situation highly disturbing. This caused quite a fair amount of ruckus, as this weird incestuous robot love wasn't uncommon. This ended up driving half of the colonies to extinction. The remaining half, however, persevered and managed to carry on the mission their forefathers (and technically they themselves) had had in mind when they were sent from their little guardian pods (SMG4 reference moment) to the new worlds they encountered.

Author's Note:

This is probably gonna be my only "good" story. My last two were garbage fires.