• Published 30th Sep 2021
  • 715 Views, 7 Comments

Friendship is Optimal: Two Sides of the Coin - Nightsclaw



Left or right, up or down. Every choice, every issue has at least two sides. What is an AI to do when the only way to satisfy one of her ponies values is for two contradictions to be true? An Optimalverse Story

  • ...
6
 7
 715

Summoning Reinforcements


Sam sat focused on the page. Fact and figures refused to settle in her mind.

Dramatic music and the sound of an explosion snaped sams attention back to her ponypad. Nightstone popped into existence. A golden bubble seemed to burst it sent ripples of multi-coloured magic around the room.

Almost immediately the unicorn spoke. “Ardent Can you please just get there, Rosy needs somepony to really be there for her right now.”

“What happened?” Sam asked.

“She was attacked.”

“Attacked, how bad, is she going be alright.”

“That jerk hit her and shot a hole in her TV.”

“Shot?”

“Yeah, I can believe he used to be my friend.”

“Is he gone?”

Nightstone nodded. “Long gone he fled as soon as we called the cops.”

“I can get there in an hour, keep her company until I get there.”

“Please hurry.”

The screen changed it offred up helpful directions to Rosy Skies’ place. “IRL quest here we go.”


Sam skidded her bike to a stop. With a far too practised motion, she grabbed the first aid kit from its place. First aid kit in one hand, ponypad in the other she ran for the door. It buzzed and clicked open as she approached.


Hours later Rosy slept fitfully on the couch. She had finched and complained when sam had put the stitches in but there was no way she would have been able to afford the medical bill to even see a professional.

Where ever that Tim is I hope he gets what he deserves… Sam thought double-checking her taser. He’s unlikely to come back but better safe than sorry right?

Rosy whimpered in her sleep. Rolling to reveal the line of stitches that would very likely going to leave a scar.

“If only I had my healing magic…” Sam thought, in that instant she very much she could be Ardent Hope her healer pony from Equestria Online. Maybe we should just ditch this world?