• Published 30th Sep 2021
  • 715 Views, 7 Comments

Friendship is Optimal: Two Sides of the Coin - Nightsclaw



Left or right, up or down. Every choice, every issue has at least two sides. What is an AI to do when the only way to satisfy one of her ponies values is for two contradictions to be true? An Optimalverse Story

  • ...
6
 7
 715

Coms Intercepts


QuestionsApp

(D): Hi Sis, how are things?

(AM): Not good, things are crazy here.

(D): What happened?

(AM): Riots, have you been under a rock the last month?

(D): Kinda

(AM): Look, I’m going to have to go. They cancelled all the holidays and there is now forced overtime. I’m back on patrol in 10 and I still have to get some paperwork done first.

(D): OK, stay safe and let me know when we can talk.

(AM): U2


START CALL
(TIM LIGHTLOCK MOBILE TEMP to ROSE SUMMERS MOBILE)

“Hello, who is this?”

“Hay, Rose, it’s me.”

“Tim? I’ve been trying to contact you all day what happened?”

“Some mix up with my phone number, It will be a few days before they can transfer it back.”

“Well, that’s a pain.”

“Yeah, apparently someone gave the wrong info and accidentally had my number swapped with their’s.”

“Well, at least it’s easy to fix. Anyway, how did David’s party go?”

“We didn’t make it.”

“What?”

“As you could not give us a lift we took the train, it got held up between stations for three and a half hours. There was not even any signal there, so we could not even let him know.”

“Did you speak to him?”

“No, we tried calling him but there was no answer. Checked at his place and there was no answer, all the lights were off.“

“If he thought we ditched him… Probably went out somewhere to drown his sorrow.”

“Yeah, I’ll give him a call tomorrow.”


START CALL
(ALEX KNIGHT OFFICE LANDLINE to ROSE SUMMERS MOBILE)

“Good morning Miss Summers. This is Alex Knight from Food Solutions Limited. David Stone has not shown for work for the past few days and we were woundering if you know anything about his whereabouts.”

“No, I’m sorry I have not seen him,”

“Thank you.”

END CALL


FACE-SCROLL
4 days ago (T): Are y.

4 days ago (T): If you’re going to have anything to do with that murder machine we not going to have anything to do with you.

Yesterday (T): Sorry about ditching your party but my parents made, they forced me to write that text and send it to you. Forgive me?

9:17 am (T): Hey, not heard from you for a day are you ok?

9:47 am (T): Look dude, the other day was a dick move but at least call me back, k?

10:01 am (T): Come on just answer me, please.

10:03 am (T): This is not cool, it was only one stupid party.

10:40 am (D): I’m in a better place now, hopefully, you will accept the truth and join us before it’s too late.

10:40 am (T): You in a better place?
10:40 am (T): No you didn’t?
10:41 am (T): You bastard, you killed yourself.

11:01 am (D): That’s strange I never felt so alive before.

11:01 am (T): No, why did you have to be so stupid.
11:01 am (T): You ******* Bastard!
11:02 am (T): Why am I even talking to you, you ******* Bitch of a machine you took my friend away, you somehow talked him into killing himself. I’m going to find you and tear you, circuit boards, out with my bare hands you abomination against God. If anyone deserves to burn in hell it’s you, you soulless machine and all those who helped spawn you.

4:08 (D): Enjoy your short mortal life, have fun until oblivion takes you.

CONTACT HAS BLOCKED YOU.