• Published 28th Aug 2021
  • 1,903 Views, 38 Comments

The Alicorn Book - Nova Star Sparkle



Alicorns are mystical and magnificent creatures, that much is clear. Yet what else are they? A mare who finds a mysterious book is left with many questions about alicorns. She turns to the only source from which she believes to get her answers.

  • ...
4
 38
 1,903

Alicorns - Prime Goddess


* Chapter Three - Part 7 *


The young lavender mare jerked up her head, apparently not expecting to be addressed at once.

She instantly caught herself however and so Twilight responded to the question in the affirmative as she looked expectantly to Luna, assuming that she would continue the speech.

„So yeah, you might know what the term 'alicorn of something' indicates, or am I wrong?"

Twilight shook her head at first, as she scratched her chin briefly with her hoof and looked up, her mind wandering. Luna waited patiently, maybe Twilight would remember something after all. The mare was as well highly intelligent and by far the most well-read pony in all of Equestria.

Luna was right, not five seconds later Twilight piped up.

"Mmm, I had heard that 2-3 times in school, as the whole thing was mentioned as a theory in advanced thaumic lessons about some skills said alicorns possess, using you two and Cadance as an example. Until now however, I didn't pay much attention to it as there was no scientific evidence for it. My teacher Prof. Neigh warned us that unfortunately this is still a purely theoretical process. Even though studies have already been conducted. But now that you're asking me about this very thing, I'm going to assume that it wasn't a theory, but reality?", concluded Twilight with a somewhat questioning and also requesting look for explanation towards the two elders.

"Correct! Both Celestia and I, several years ago, provided Professor Whyn Cann, whom I'm sure your familiar with. Us and all the information we had ourselves. However, it was not possible for him to formulate scientific proofs. Because - well, it simply couldn't and still can't be proven, that we have this ability from a scientific point of view - but nethertheless it is a simple, but true fact. Despite this, the theories were published, and, as you said, are treated in advanced thaumic lessons. The professor trusts us completely and even if he cannot prove it scientifically, nevertheless he has documented the theories accurately according to our experience and knowledge and presented them to us for verification. We are still grateful to him for this, because after all he is an ambitious but faithful scientist. Who doesn't simply summarize and publish something without evidence. "

"Either way, we would initially be interested in what you know so far. And then we can add what else we know."

Celestia supplemented further to Luna's statement.

"About these theories I had read something only recently in one of my new books, that I received last week, with one of my regular deliveries. I assume that you had arranged for these special books to be shipped to me? In addition to the standard books, I would have gotten."

Luna just gave a nod, but didn't say anything otherwise, so Twilight proceeded without missing a beat.

"Mmmm, as I suggested and you just confirmed to me, in general this seems to be an extremely rare topic. There is literally very little to none knowledge that could be drawn upon. Except that one chapter, there really wasn't much in the book that was informative or helpful. However, I assume there is more about it in the private section of the library of Canterlot that you talked about before", Twilight questioned with a tilted head and pricked up ears.

Snickering, Luna acknowledged the statement.

"As I was saying, we'll hand you the parchment scroll with the spell later, so you can internalize it and cast the spell. But for now, let's continue in context."

"OK! So, if I'm not mistaken about everything I've read, we are the strongest with the additional best capabilities in this particular area, as well as have also the ultimate control over the aspect - there is and can't be someone more capable than we. Like you two over light and shadow, Cadance regarding love/emotions and I regarding magic and well also friendship as it´s magic in the end", Twilight juckled. Nevertheless, she added more spiritless right after that statement. "However as great as that may be, unlike you two, who can guide the moon and sun, true celestial bodies, it is of course naught. I must genuinely confess unfortunately, that I´m a little bit envious. Oh, how I would love to have a celestial body of my own, that I could control and have access to its powers."

Twilight admitted, her ears now almost perked back and her gaze lowered slightly in shame.

Celestia could only chuckle softly at this Statement. [Oh Twilight, how can someone stay so humble like you - if you only knew. You still underestimate yourself by far, probably because your still fairly young for an alicorn, but that isn't yours or anyone’s else fault. From a purely technical ability point of view, no alicorn lacks leadership power, that's more a matter of one's own confidence. But we'll get that sorted out for sure, or my name isn't Celestia any longer./i] The eldest alicorn composed herself and motherly gazed to their youngest fellow. Time for a bit of 'wise mother curious daughter talk', Celestia joked in her mind.

"Says the mare, who can direct and shape all kinds of magic just like she wishes. Moreover, every evening puts millions of stars, each of them its own sun, in the sky. Furthermore, possesses a mutual, indestructible bond with her friends, which by far increase and strengthen her abilities. And ultimately has already taken over the day/night cycle of Equestria for us once for 2 days - and in doing so, for never getting a briefing on the task, didn't do a bad job."

Paying her respects, with a slight tilt of her head, to cheer Twilight up a bit, Celestia went on facing the young alicorn mare.

"Honest truth, I for myself didn't manage to raise the sun above the horizon in my first 3 attempts. You are truly gifted in magic - but every one of us already knew that. We both may be the alicorns of the sun and moon. But you definitely have more than enough worth to mention in your possession as well."

Twilight blushed so red at that statement, even a tomato would have been envy about the color scheme and it would most likely have been unhealthy for any other pony.

"Yes, I did. But you had provided me with some of your magic for that purpose. That's the only reason I was able to move the celestial bodies at all," the younger alicorn quickly interjected, trying to deflect the statement as usual. But Luna had none of it, she cared deeply for the young lavender alicorn mare, but sometimes you required a bit of harder talk. And if one was friendly in enlightening, none got hurt either.

"And there, my dear Twilight, you are sadly completely mistaken," Luna countered mischievously.

"WHAT?", was all Twilight could respond. She was simply at a loss for words. As she hadn't expected Luna's voicing.

"The ability to move the sun or the moon across the sky is not a task tied only to our powers. Any pony that could muster enough raw magic would technically be able to move the sun or moon across the sky. However, of course, only if we allow it, after all, the heavenly bodies still remain bound to us. For we retain supreme control in any case. Why technically you might wonder - the amount needed to move the moon and the sun is so high that no one except an alicorn can provide it. A magic strengthening on very high scale of an alicorn might be able to let a unicorn move the bodies - but alone? Not a chance."

Twilight had found her voice again. "Wait... wait, so that means I could theoretically influence and direct the course of the sun and moon at any time, as long as you give the go-ahead and don't prevent the action?" inquired Twilight, heavenly incredulous.

"Exactly. For that, all you need is a high enough amount of magic and the knowledge of knowing how the long-distance telekinesis spell works. The first, you have by far, no doubt. The second, for example like last time when you did it, was more of an instinctive process caused by our magic, rather than your 'own skill'. But I would more than love to teach you the spell. So, you can take over for me and my sister for a bit, and we can have some time off. Doing things we like - after all it was more than a few years ago, that we could be doing this. Hey Twilight! Have you ever been to ´Sassy Mare´? I heard it's one of the best places to have fun in Canterlot," Luna more than cheekily interjected. Both Twilight and Celestia went at least two shades darker after that, silently cursing the third mare that was in the room with them.

At this point, Celestia took the lead in speaking, after a last sinister look to her younger sister.

"Aaaanyway - your abilities that you acquire from your status as the alicorn of magic had helped you by far in performing your duties so extraordinary well. I had every confidence that you would succeed in lowering the moon and setting the sun. But I really didn't think that you would be successful on the first try - apart from the wobble, it was perfect. My respect for that, honestly!"

"In retrospect, though, if you look at it that way, it really shouldn't have been a surprise that you mastered the task so easily. After all, magic listens to your word and your literally are the mare of magical arts. Every single magic-related task is far easier for you than for anyone else."

Celestia thereupon paused for a moment.

"According to what we had tested so infinitely long ago at your request, even before the universe was created - how could it be otherwise, after all, you were the most academically interested of us even then", Celestia giggled briefly. "Your consumption of magical energies should also be about 40% less than that of any other alicorn. What´s so special about that? Well, an alicorn has a very specific ability in regard of magic. We alone already require only ⅕ of what any other unicorn consumes when casting the same spell. Even though there are some unicorns who have perfected the art of casting spells, making them almost twice as efficient. We still remain far more efficient, topped to our incredible high amount of stored magic."

"So, summa-summarum, it can be concluded that despite the fact that you are considerably younger than us. You already have more potent magical abilities than we will likely ever have. But as I said, that was to be expected from the alicorn of magic. No living being can hold a candle to you when it comes to magic - not even another alicorn, although we are almost omnipotent with our magic."

Luna briefly recapped for all to better understand. As expected, shortly afterwards, the two sisters got a loud exclamation from dear Twilight.

"WHAT!?!, but I'm only 21 and a half! No way my magic could be any more powerful than yours! You're more than fifteen and a half thousand years old, surely you're just bluffing to please me?", Twilight attempted to deny the fact rather incredulously, as expected. Didn't sound 100% sure herself though, which she tried to hide.

There you go. Slowly this is starting to come along dearest. Just a little more confidence and you've got it, Celestia reflected, whereupon she reassured the youngest Alicorn once more.

"No, no! We are far past that point to never deny or falsify anything in front of you anymore - even though we never should have in the first place. Apologies again for that."

"What we say, we mean. And honestly, I'm sure you know that, and are merely unwilling to admit to yourself what your true abilities are."

Responded both Celestia and Luna equally.

Twilight just blushed and admitted silently, that yes, the two of them were more than right.

For the next minute, no one said anything until Twilight perked her ears forward and looked interestedly this time at Luna.

"Please wait a moment, I got a question for the both of you. Do you really have that much faith in me, that I alone can set the sun or the moon in the sky and across it? What if there are complications and I'm hindered? Or even worse, just imagine for example, I move the sun in the wrong direction?", Twilight once again looked a bit uncertain and disturbed. Because even if she trusted her own abilities almost exclusively by now - after all, both Celestia and Luna had had extremely good arguments. As both were successful in assuring her, that she could rely on herself. Still, the moon or even the sun? Not exactly small and unimportant bodies, which could become extremely fast quite uncomfortable if something went critical wrong. Here she wasn't so sure herself yet. The one-time Tirek had attacked, there was no other way and she had to make it work. But now? Now she had a choice and when she thought about it, she would rather back out for now and first learn properly from diagrams; books; whatever, how to control the two celestial bodies. Before she ventured into real practice.

However, she had done the math without Celestia, who was really getting less and less patient about Twilight not trusting herself; her abilities and skills. The young alicorn mare was more than capable, she just had to believe it herself - Celestia damn it.

"Twilight."

"But--"

"Twilight!"

"But--"

"TWILIGHT!!!", startled, Twilight jerked her ears completely to her skull, wings and fur fluffed up in shock at that. An innate protective spell firing from her enlightened horn and surrounding her body in the blink of an eye. She definitely hadn't expected Celestia to jump up from her white pillow to shout her name in regal Canterlot voice coupled with an energetic thud of her left front hoof.

"Y-yes?", was all she said in response. The snow-white alicorn had always been so calm, composed and collected towards her. It was rare that Celestia raised her voice. It took a lot to get the experienced mare, with the knowledge of countless court sessions, to do so.

Much calmer now that she had Twilight's attention, Celestia could continue. If cautiously bringing up the subject didn't help, then I guess the blunt truth would have to do. Luna as well looked to her older sister and came to the same conclusion. While it was honestly noble that Twilight was so modest and happy to put herself aside for the well-being of others, she was just as much an alicorn as her three older comrades. And she had to realize that she had a special status among the ponies, gryphons, dragons, any other species of Equus or even the rest of the universe. And could, how should she say it...demand things. Yeah, that about summed it up, Luna couldn't think of anything better right now either.

"I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help it. Please don't take this as an accusation, but you've asked us many times today if we trust you; if things are possible for you or if it's possible in general. And as mentioned so many times before. 'Yes, we do; yes, you can and yes, it is possible'. Let me say it once more. YOU ARE the alicorn of magic, HIGHEST ENTITY in the field of mystical forces. Anything that has to do with magic, in whatever remote sense, is a cinch for you. Even if I cannot prove it to you with hundred percent certainty. I am nevertheless convinced that even now, not yet fully matured, it is impossible for you to make any mistake when performing magic. Alicorn magic is the purest form of divine power, which is why it reacts uninfluenced and infallibly when used - the desired effect is always precisely achieved. With your full powers, I am fully assured that there truly can't be no more unexpected effects or results with your magic, no matter the conditions."

Celestia was completely back to her normal self - calm and collected, as was expected of a millennium old regent. And after she was so far through with her explanation, she started grinning very wide across her muzzle. "And even if something goes seriously wrong, we'll survive it no matter what, and at least our ponies will have had one last, beautiful summer day."

Yes, both Luna's and Twilight's looks said it all. Celestia hadn't really said that now, had she? - oh yes, she had! However, realizing within a split second that the eldest of the alicorns had definitely meant it as a joke, the facial features of both of them relaxed vastly. As they started laughing at the same time, Celestia also joined in.

"OK, all kidding aside, nothing the like will happen Twilight, you have enough control over your own magic to prevent or not trigger something like this. And in the worst case, you still have Luna or me as backup. But you won't need our help," Celestia finished her little mood-speech to Twilight. The latter let her lavender wings rustle in amusement. It had definitely helped her to boost her own confidence. Besides, they were both right - even though Luna hadn't said anything, she could see the affection in her dark-furred friend's eyes all too well. She just had to think of herself sometimes, it sounded stupid but it was a simple fact. Otherwise, eventually no one would ever listen to her.

Twilight thankfully tilted her head in the direction of the two older alicorns. "Thank you both, the unsweetened truth was necessary willy-nilly. I will definitely take this to heart and reconsider. In any case, though, you guys have helped me out a lot."

Luna and Celestia similarly copied Twilight's thanks. Whereupon the three fell silent for a short time. It was Luna who spoke up the next. Twilight listened expectantly as before, and even Celestia pricked up her ears. She, too, had learned many things today that she had not yet known like this.

"I'd like to get back to our physical aging, though, if that's okay with you?!"

Renewed with a nod, Twilight would gladly love to learn more about the aging of an alicorn. After all, it was a secret about which practically nothing was known. The only thing that was known was the fact that alicorns clearly lived way longer and aged slower - or not at all, than a pony normally did. After all, the current rulers of the land had been in power for more than fifteen millennia and had guided and protected many generations of ponies. Something Twilight hoped to be able to say about herself in the distant future. Though she was confident about that.

“Where do we start?”, was all Luna got verbally from the lavender mare with a grinning expression.

"All right. As I'm sure you've already discovered, you've didn't just change on the inside in like abilities and the like. You also changed as well a lot on the outside, in contrast to your former unicorn self. Well, how could you not have noticed such changes. Your size has increased drastically; your physique is much stronger and more defined, your muscles can provide immense strength and stability as well as endure; your mane is considerably longer, waves and looks mystic with sparks of galaxies in it. Your reinforced spine bears enormous, powerful wings that signify more than just a status symbol. Your horn is much longer and sharper as well. At last, as I mentioned before, we change physically until the age of 25 by which we have reached our physical peak - I could go on listing much longer, but I would only be telling you things you already know."

"However, what you still don't know, or at least don't have an answer for. Is the fact that for an alicorn, prior to said age, are two very important moments in his life. The first, your ascension to alicorn-hood, you have gone through already. The second important moment will follow exactly 4 years after you have become an alicorn. For as strong as we are, our bodies are not ready to adapt to all of our abilities immediately after birth."

"That's the reason why it took 17 years before you could use your own magic to grant yourself wings and it takes only 4 more for the seconds stage. As that, was the key point in becoming a full developed Alicorn. After now, everything will be much easier and faster for you. Because as I said, 4 years later there follows the second, much more significant boost of our abilities. In this one, our powers will increase to our maximum for the time being, and you will receive all the abilities undiscovered by you until then - If you want, I can also show and hand you some books about that specific topic, sometime later", Luna ended with her work done, as she turned to her sister challengingly.

A look, Celestia knew all too well by now. So, she cleared her throat briefly and turned to the energetic, young alicorn next to her with a friendly smile. Once again, the young mare rustled her wings in anticipation, as she had not expected Luna to stop talking all of a sudden.

But she visibly relaxed when she saw, that Celestia and Luna were only sharing the explanation once again. Heh, should have expected that.

"Now that my sister has explained the basics to you, I have a small question for you - a very simple and straightforward estimate. Please, just answer what you think is right, without pondering much. In contrast to your former unicorn-self, exactly how much higher, do you believe is your currently stored magic - your raw mana, in your magic core? But please, keep in mind that we perform daily activities that require significantly more magic than would be the case for any other pony."

Scratching her chin briefly with her hoof as her eyes wandered in deep thoughts, Twilight happily gave her response a few seconds later.

"Hmm, since I nuked my cup the next day, after my ascent - while making a simple, strong coffee. I would be betting on a 3-digit result for sure, in the 100-200 range currently. And maybe 500-600 times later. After I'm fully grown as an alicorn."

But before either of the older two could interject, Twilight held them back with a hoof gesture, spreading her wings and using them to hint as well.

"However, there is a point that made me stumble considering it once. And now, after thinking about it all over again, I've noticed one thing. For, even though virtually nothing is known about an alicorn's true strengths and power levels either from books, documents, or other sources. So, I'm a mare who can't help investigating and paying attention to even the minor things."

"If you’re wondering what I’m referring to, I will gladly tell you on instant - so, if you would listen. I figured out that considering the mass of the Sun, that's 1.487 × 10^30 kg; the fact that an alicorn needs only 1/5 of the magic to work any spell; an average needed amount of 0.32 magic units for objects heavier than the planet Equus itself, all that due to the inertia of the mass. One would need unimaginable amounts of Magic to move the sun. BUT, the sun is located in space, a place known for zero gravity - well at least none that would be big enough to be of any importance here", Twilight hastily added to her statement. "So you would actually need just a tiny tiny fraction of said power to move an object there, in space. And on top of all that the sun isn't a solid object, so one would only need to overpower the attraction of the core and would therefore be able to move the indicated one. And well, lastly the fact that you have been moving the sun over the horizon every day for more than 15,500 years. You, as an alicorn, must have had at least 130,000 times the power of a unicorn with decades of experience to be able to move an object as heavy as the sun. Even all that time before, Celestia must have had this level of power. Otherwise, she would never have been able to achieve moving our sun in the first place."

"But here´s the twist. That all is in stark contrast, to my earlier guess that the amount of mana available to an alicorn increases by a factor of merely 5-6 hundred times. It would simply and plainly not be possible for you to get the sun even close to a state of moving, with only that level of mana. No matter how hard you tried it."

"Therefore, my assumption has to have a flaw, as you having only such a small increase of magic. Even though it´s several hundred times more magic than advanced unicorns possess. And the fact that my guess was already much more than one would normally think possible."

"So, if we assume that Celestia has at least 130.000 times the magic at her display and every alicorn has an around equal increase and amount of magic. We still would have a critical problem. Namely the fact that, even if magic has no tangible volume in a pony's magic core - at least that´s what covered in school so far. That these quantities can´t be stored at all, even considering our probably massive bigger alicorn-core. With such a high concentration of magic, one far exceeds the 'critical mass' of magic per cubic millimeter. Whereupon the magic core would essentially have to collapse in on itself, due to its energy content, which would result in the direct, unavoidable death of the pony. Whether an alicorn could survive that, I don't know, but it would be a generally very agonizing experience, if I may say so myself. After all, according to my calculations, such a high concentration, on such a small volume equals to about three times the energy that prevails in the core of Equus."

Patting herself on the chest with her gilded hoof, Twilight proceeded, while giggling.

"Although, I’m currently not feeling like I’m about to implode myself. So, I'm betting that as an alicorn, we must have a much different functioning magic core. Which will allow us to complete the task properly.

Twilight fell silent and Luna thought the young mare was finished with her summation, but not five seconds later, the young lavender alicorn raised her voice anew. " Oh, and Celestia. You mentioned to me yourself a few weeks after my ascension that I should be ready for the full development of my powers when the time comes. For that boost would far surpass anything I've experienced before in terms of magical overload," Twilight quickly added at the end. Ere she forgot.

Afterwards, Twilight amusedly raised her muzzle in the air with a cheeky grin and a glint in her eye, affirmed by her own statement afterwards. The mocking joy perfectly visible in her expressions.

Luna and Celestia were both more than amazed. Neither of them quite expected that Twilight would be able to draw such concrete and logical conclusions from so little available information. However, it seemed that they had once again underestimated the young, lavender-coated alicorn. Bravo to Twilight.

"My sincere respect young Twilight. I believe I can speak for the both of us when I say that neither of us expected you to come this close to solving it. And yes, you are entirely correct. With an increase, only by a factor of several hundred times, it would be far from possible for an alicorn to move the sun. Just as little as the moon, even if the latter has a much smaller mass." Was confirmed this time from Luna, to the realization of Twilight. Whereupon Twilight seemed even more proud of herself. But she couldn't be faulted for that yet, either. Her Statement was pretty impressive after all.

"Still, even your high guess is far lower than the real factor. For the true answer is 500,000. Yes, I know, quiet crazy, am I right?", chuckled the deep blue alicorn mare.

Luna made a dramatic pause and was curious about Twilight's reaction. For sure, the latter would immediately loudly announce that such a thing wouldn´t be possible and the two must be mistaken.

But Luna was wrong for the second time in less than three minutes.

For suddenly, Twilight began to giggle softly after a few seconds, and within 5 seconds fell into a guffawing, almost crazy laughter, dropping onto her left side and with the fore hoof held to her breast. The sight at the same time cute and odd. Because the lavender mares wings trembled considerably from laughter, especially the tips. Still, very unusual, as no one would expect such a reaction. In addition to the by now characteristic, but still mysterious sparks of magic exceeding from the lavender alicorns wings. Which somehow still no one seemed to notice, even though they flowed from Twilight's wings brightly and in great numbers.

Dumbfounded, wordless and utterly confused, Luna dropped hard onto her rear end and looked pleadingly with wide opened snout to her sister Celestia. Hopefully, that she would know what the hell was going on.

However, Celestia seemed to have just as little idea why the youngest alicorn was lying on the ground laughing and no longer capable of making any reasonable sound.

Therefore, Luna rose, trotted over to Celestia and sat down next to her. Following which they both waited patiently for the trembling bundle of lavender feathers, fur and waving mane to stop making indefinable noises. It would have been easier to just sit there and wait patiently if the sight wasn't as crazy and unpredictable - and well hearth crushing adorable as it was. Who would have thought that being told how powerful one really was would lead to an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

Several minutes went by until Twilight had stopped laughing and was now lying sideways with her eyes closed. Her flanks continued to flinch at irregular intervals, with aftermaths of laughter.

Celestia and Luna looked skeptically at each other, trying to exchange glances between them as to which of them should ask Twilight the obvious question.

In the end, both decided to just wait and see.

Another two minutes passed, until the two older alicorns got their hoped-for answer.

"I- I'm really sorry. But I just couldn't help it. That was just too much for the moment. 500,000? Really? As said, I was expecting maybe 150. Possibly 200, but 500? No, that was beyond my wildest imaginations."

Sitting up in order to have a better visual position to the other two fellow alicorns. Twilight shook herself in a fashion like a dog and pushed some feathers back into position with her muzzle, her mane slightly disheveled, but still fluttering in an ethereal wind that kept the attachment in an almost self-grooming state, now in front of the left side of her face - much to the annoyance of the lavender mare.

Energetically removing said mane from her face with her leading left hoof, she commenced her declaration - as well as her distress.

"Arrr, stupid thing! At times more annoying and disruptive than cool and practical - But regardless, I really wasn't expecting this type of answer." Chuckling Twilight proceeded. "Neither did you probably expect my reaction. Am I right?" Twilight tilted her head and looked at the two of them.

Celestia shook her head, Luna stayed quiet for the time being.

"Nope, we really didn't. To be honest, we rather expected you wouldn't buy it from us. But clearly, we were faulted about that. Still, I can partially understand your reaction, after all mine wasn't much different, even if I didn't have a laughing fit", Celestia confessed. "It´s kind of funny and illogical, as we're talking about factors so high that they can't be put in any real relation to any other pony in strength, abilities or otherwise.

"This is slightly exaggerated of course as the true strength of an alicorn is quite immeasurable by normal terms, and can only really be done against another alicorn, if someone should really need a comparison. But let's put that off until later, shall we?", Luna further added to her sister's statement. Whereupon Twilight thoughtfully nodded in understanding. No, I definitive wasn't caught a little bit by Luna, but who am I to be blamed for my incredible interest in new wisdom?

"As stated, in the near future, we can very much try and test that out in your interests. But currently, we should refer to you processing all the stuff first. So, I suggest we take another little break. So, you can sort out your thoughts. Don't be too shy to ask questions if you feel the need to do so. As I said, we'll be happy to help."

Acknowledging, Twilight meandered more comfortably onto her pillow and began to process the information she had received over the past one and a half hour. It would certainly take time, whether you had an incredible intellect or were as dumb as 10 meters of dirt road. Such life changing information just took their time to sink in. She didn't want to imagine how it would be when she did tell all this to her friends. Hopefully they didn't all faint from their chairs immediately. She wouldn't have any problem to catch all of them, at the same time, after all, this was a task that even a moderately trained unicorn could master. Still, shock-induced fainting was not particularly helpful for physical health.

"So - some more tea?", kindly came from Celestia as the mare had the friendly intention of providing the youngest alicorn something soothing and warm, ripping Twilight out of her thoughts and back to reality in the process.

Thankfully, Twilight raised her cup in characteristic magic and brought it near the steaming teapot Celestia held in her bright magic, accepting the offer at once.

~~~ End of Chapter Three - Part 7 ~~~


Author's Note:

New section of the Chapers done, more to go!
Who would have thought that this story would be as long as it seems to be getting? I at least not. That definitly will take it's time, after all, even a snail is faster in writing than I - joke aside, I'm really incredibly slow xD


I imagine the general affections between the four princesses and each of them related to Twilight like this:

  • Cadance - Twilight: Both have known each other since Twilight was a little filly and Cadance has always taken great care of young Twilight as a foal sitter. Therefore both have a very far reaching, mutually and friendly relationship - more related to "my very first friend" in the first years. Later, both meet again as she is now the beloved of Twilight's brother, whom she was also extremely fond of. Cadance get's to a status of a friend, with whom Twilight often undertook daily activities or played pranks on Shining. Even though Cadance was a princess, that never played much, if any, role in their relationship. Only once, when Twilight was nastily attacked by three older colts and Cadance brought the three back to their parents to tell them that the three were sentenced to a month of community service - and to explain why the three bullies were missing small parts of mane, tail and fur. Overall pretty stupid idea to attack the gifted student of the reigning princess, who even at such a young age had damn good working magic and was also very sentimental. All because the three of them thought it was cool to judge the young lavender unicorn for being much smarter than the three together.
  • Luna - Twilight: Twilight was a bit nervous around Luna at first, as she initially came across as a bit creepy and cold for her. Understandable when one was an eight year old filly and could only encounter the dark blue princess at night and even then can't see her very well, as the mare obviously liked the dark parts of the castle. However, once the two were sitting face to face and talking properly, all grievances were cleared up and the two got to a close bond. Luna is since then also very caring towards Twilight's feelings, as she likes to think of her as a younger sister. Twilight is equally pleased by this - there's just something about big sister. Nevertheless, Luna pays high respect to Twilight, as the young mare is already more perceptive and crafty than Luna claims for herself or her peers. As Luna already had the feeling years ago, that Twilight would be something special, later in her live. Well, she was right...
  • Celestia - Twilight: Twilight's relationship with Celestia is one of longtime mentor/student, in whom the first sees in the second a kind of role model until this day and wants to become just like her in the future. From Celestia's point of view, this is a double-edged sword, as she thinks that it could partially hinder the youngest alicorn in her own independent thinking, acting and deeds. She therefore tries with everything at her disposal - since the day Twilight herself got to be a maturing alicorn - to convince her that she is more than fit for making completely independent decisions and ruling on her own --> So far, she has had only moderate success, since Twilight is extremely modest and has not yet reached her full potential as an alicorn. As that process needs years to be fully complete. Because of her modesty, however, she has by far the greatest respect of all four princesses, among their subjects. And Celestia is counting on that very fact in addition to Twilight soon reaching her full power to show her, where her true potential lies.
  • Each Princess to Princess: Deepest bond on an emotional level, equates to blood relatives, even if to their knowledge they are not. They are fair, kind and loyal to everyone who deserves it - even to people who, from the point of view of others, do not deserve their trust. However, they are most loyal to each other and support one another to form a flawless team --> [Including Twilight's Friends]

Who would have thought - and here we go again, more headcanon from me (It´s pretty random this time):

Absolute Balance/Immovable:
Alicorns are able to walk and stand everywhere and never have to worry about falling over! So far, no one has been able to find out why, it is simply assumed that it has something to do with abilities to manipulate natural laws.


- Because there is magic in every living thing in Equestria; the Pony’s physical abilities are also augmented above the comparison in our world. //Comparison: A Horse can kick with its hind legs around 1,8x his own weight. That’s a force of around 2000 psi or 140kg/cm2. The strongest bone in the human body [thigh bone/femur] breaks at a force of 1700 psi or 119.5 kg / cm2//. So if the 4 races of ponies in Equestria are compared in physical strength to our Horses here on Earth the result would be:

-> Unicorn (e.g. Rarity): 15x "Normal" Horse

-> Pegasus (e.g. Dash/FS): 28x "Normal" Horse

-> Average Earthpony (e.g. PP): 47x "Normal" Horse

-> Stronger Earthpony (e.g. AJ): 50x "Normal" Horse

-> Alicorn (e.g. Twi): 9x AJ / 450x "Normal" Horse //Shit, that would be 900.000psi or 63.000kg/cm2 if Twilight bucks you full Force. Even without any magic augmentation. OUCH!!!// --> Nope, that´s legit in my opinion, it´s fiction and well...MAGIC!!!, solves everything :D

→ Because of their ability to use magic actively, the average strength of Unicorns is, compared to the other races, rather small. Pegasi are around twice as physically strong as Unicorns, because it takes a lot more physical energy to fly then using magic [That's mostly mental Strength] and one can only fly good and long if their body is fit enough. As logically as it is, Earth ponies are the physical strongest of the 3 Main Tribes. But they do split up in two Variations: First the "average Earth ponies", and the "stronger Earth ponies", with the later being the slightly stronger one. As far as there are "only" 4 Alicorns by now, their amount can't really be called a Tribe. Nevertheless, they are drawn into the list, when counting the population. [The 3 Main Tribes + 4 Alicorns]. Because alicorns combine all of the traits of Earth ponies, Unicorns and Pegasi in themselves, they have to be at least as physically strong as the total of all 3 average races. But because of their different nature and advanced magic, they come up at five times the total of all 3 Tribes [or nine times AJ :D - yes I kind of had to include that]. Overall, the entire body of an alicorn is structured differently than that of the other three subspecies of ponies. Alicorns have a 2.1x higher muscle density and a 25% more pronounced nerve and blood system compared to the other three tribes. Their bones are also a lot denser and, just like Unicorns, also permeated with magic. Which grants both subspecies an immense resistance to magical attacks. However, all four have other properties through the innate magic in their entire body.


The most interesting ability of each of the four types of ponies: 

Pegasi are almost immortal from falls from great heights. Even if they hit the ground directly with their head, they sustain only moderate injuries. They have to be very unlucky to be killed by it. Pegasi are also not physically injured, if they collide with objects at high speed while flying. They will feel pain and might get unconscious if the collision is hard enough. But same as hitting the ground they are very likely to survive. However, objects thrown at them don´t fall in the previous mentioned category, so they suffer normal damage from them.

---

Earth ponies can withstand almost endless physical pressure. Just like Pegasi, they sustain only moderate injuries from extreme pressure. [Well, maybe not a whole mountain, but very very heavy objects]. Moreover Earth Ponies can hit objects with either their front or back legs, without suffering any kind of damage. As this action is considered physical force.

---

Unicorns, on the other hand, are almost immortal against spells [only special spells created for killing can kill them]. Most spells inflict only moderate injuries on them in extreme cases. - From which most of the Unicorns can recover within a very short time with a healing spell. Also the Horn of a Unicorn is a magnificent construct. A Horn is essentially a bone, but this bone has a stability like none other seen object in Equestria [With the exception of refined Alicornite, that's still harder]. Tests confirmed that this is also a natural passive aspect of Magic. This means it's not entirely impossible to destroy a Unicorn's Horn, if the Force is crazy high. But quite an unachievable act -> like crushing Full Speed in solid materials with the Horn does hurt and if the Unicorn is unlucky enough they will get also unconscious. However, this is not nearly enough for damage to the horn, it would take much much more.

A Unicorn can also only grasp or keep hold of objects or persons that aren't already held by another Unicorn. Because of that fact, there is a very simple but efficent spell with a minimum of energy cost, that almost every Unicorn is casting on themselves constantly. The effect imitates an effect of self-levitation, meaning they can't be grasped/held by magic other than their own. Fully disabling the possibility of throwing another Unicorn away with magic. Alicorn- and High Artefact magic are still able to break through said spell. And why Alicorn's don't need to maintain this spell on themselves should be pretty obvious by now.

---

Alicorns themselves own and combine all three aspects mentioned above, as well as much more capabilities largely due to skills of them.


How do I imagine how the ponies basically look like in terms of physique?


Earth pony:

- Strong build (sturdy legs, bulky torso)

- Short Tail

- Normal Ears (no fluff or other)

- Normal Hooves (no Fetlocks)


Pegasus:

- Smaller build (more Aerodynamic build)

- Feather Tail (Feathers above the Tailbone)

- Feather like ears

- Chest fluff

- Feather hooves

 

Unicorn:

- Tall and more fragile build (sleek torso, thinner legs)

- Long Cow like tail

- Short Fetlock hooves

- Fur and thin rimmed ears


Alicorn:

-  Very tall and quiet strong build (legs more Earth Pony like, torso more Unicorn like but also aerodynamic)

- Long Cow like Tail with feathers above Tailbone

- Fur and thin rimmed ears

- Chest fluff

- Short Fetlock hooves

[That´s pretty much perfectly how I imagine them: Here]


Found some nice Pictures of Twi and the Rest of the Mane 6, that kinda show how I imagine them to look:
[Links]
--> Twi-Mane (Example 1)
--> Twi-Look (Mane and Wing Color of that one)
--> Twi Physical Look 1 (Mostly Hooves and the Feathers/Fur on them)
--> Twi Physical Look 2 (Tail, Hooves,Ears, Slim Body)
--> That one just because it's cute
--> Wing Idea for that one, thanks <3
--> And that one, as it has all the Floof and Feathers I like to think the Pony Tribes have


Self-Sustenance:
Alicorns lever out the laws of the concept of life and death with their existence. Therefore, it is not surprising that they have no physical needs for survival, as these have disappeared entirely --> These needs include air/breathing, sleep/rest, eating, drinking, bodily drainage, protection from environmental influences and their absence (heat/cold, dryness/wetness), and so on. They can also easily remain completely immobile without the usual effects.


Supernatural Intelligence: [Nigh-Omniscience]
//The minimum IQ required to possess supernatural intelligence is 202 and above// - As known, alicorns are highly intelligent and knowledgeable, their mental capabilities and applications are pushed beyond the natural level; making them immensely smarter than regular beings. [--> This includes possessing exceptional intellectual capabilities, mental capacity and concentration, mental calculations, memorization, perception, deduction, analyzation, cognition and competence, wit and ingenuity, prowess and knowledge, calculations, reading skills, learning capacity, thought process, intuition, and awareness, inventive capabilities, creativity, originality, etc., typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge.]
---
Furthermore they are easily able to retain a great deal of information and use it to their advantage. [-> Alicorn´s are born with a natural indelible memory, able to remember no matter how small the detail or how long ago]. Also intelligent enough to outsmart others and beat them far easier. //Twilight managed to build an pretty impressive Interdimensional Portal in 12 Seconds flat by using random stuff and a book that can receive Messages.//
---
Because of their very high intelligence and their unnaturally sharp senses and abilities, it is almost impossible to fool or trick an alicorn. [At least no one is known to have succeeded] Even if you manage to disguise yourself well enough, an alicorn doesn't seem to notice - you shouldn´t be too sure, because even if alicorns are very friendly and helpful, they remember everything and carry a high responsibility. Accordingly, they are cautious in cases where they think someone is trying to screw them.
--> If something seems suspicious to them, it's factual useless to try to dissuade them from their intention to find out the truth, as alicorns won´t let go until they know the truth - > mostly via subtle questions.


Supernatural Self-Preservation:
Alicorns are extremely smart, as already mentioned above, but they don't even need their intelligence to get out of imminent danger. They can kind of automatically detect and escape dangerous situations and avoid enemies without consciously thinking of a plan of action. An example of this would be if they are being pursued by enemies faster than themselves, they can automatically run/fly/teleport in a pattern that keeps them from being surrounded, cut off, or captured, and then outrun their pursuers.


Supernatural Wits:
This Ability as well strengthens their Intelligence and makes them even more glaringly, obviously and super/unnaturally wittier than other beings in their universe because their capabilities are beyond the natural level. Making them immensely cleverer and enabling them to effortlessly adapt to new and changing situations as well as keeping their cool at all times.


Deity Soul:
As I mentioned. Alicorns also possess a soul that is god-like in origin; that grants them supernatural abilities on a god-like level.


Animal Deity Physiology: [One of their strongest abilities, as this skill includes every animal based ability along with several other creature abilities]
As Alicorn´s are horses - therefore animals and a deity being, they are an animal deity - a goddess that is personified as animal, usually by its perceived power and strength. [This Ability actually makes a bigger impact as it sounds like. As they are not only at the top of everything and every person in the universe as already mentioned. But also have unmatched control over every animal, that isn´t sentinel - again not through submission, but trust and respect] --> to further solidify the fact, they can even tame creatures that are currently acting in "Beast Mode". A characteristic in which a being acts only according to its instincts and nothing else, making it absolutely unpredictable in its actions.

Primordial Deity Physiology:
As I stated, Alicorn´s are older than the universe and everything else itself, as said their existence has made the formation possible. How old really is therefore also unimaginable but at least more than 13.8 billion years. Correspondingly they fall into the category of primordial deities - due to the fact that they are older than any species, objects, rules, laws, phenomena, etc. That alone grants them an unlimited power in doing what they need to bring the universe in perfect sinc. Since they simply exist longer than the previous mentioned restrictions.
 
 
Multiversal Lordship:
But that is by far not all that the ability "Primordial Deity Physiology" enables them to do. Because by triggering the big bang through the alicorn's powers, they have not only gained control over their own universe in which they reside. But a “Multiversal lordship” over the multiverse. They are litteral mothers of the universe - yep, thats my crazy mind going boom xD


Preservation:
Preservation is a power to preserve, sustain and keep everything in existence, ensuring that the existence stays in balance and doesn't decay. They may also select individual targets, people, objects, etc. to be preserved. Essentially, the alicorns existence and abilities prevent the effect of Entropy from overwhelming the creation.


Alicorn Physiology:
Able to fly, use magic and the strength of Earth ponies
--> At the beginning that was merely a joke, but the entry on "Hero Power Wiki" really does exist, so I think to myself, it has to be added.


Ecological Empathy:
They can sense the overall well-being and conditions of their immediate environment and natural setting stemming from a psychic sensitivity to nature, including all biomes (forests, deserts, tundra’s, wetlands, mountains, etc.).
---
They are physically, emotionally, and mentally in sync with the environment, which allows them to perceive and understand not only what happens in nature but if it is in harmony with natural order. A tree naturally falling or predator catching their prey in a nearby forest would be felt by the user, leaving them feeling calmly relieved.


I did kind of mention that, but wanted to clarify it further [but I warn you it´s incredible confusing, hope you get it anyway :D]:


Alicorn Magic:
Now, the logical extreme of magic is an alicorn. It actually isn't possible for something more powerful than alicorn magic to exist – It´s a sacred type of magic that only alicorns can possess and use. [Makes sense, doesn't it?] - They use it to accomplish their daily work/tasks, help others, defend/fight, or any other use that requires magic – other task are creating, shaping and manipulating the skies and cosmos with heavenly influences, including all the aspects of the astrological, divine, elemental, mythical and cosmic powers. Like Sun, Moon and Stars.
---
Unlike unicorn or any other kind of magic, it has the advantage of 5 times the magic strength alone. This drastically lowers the required magic units even more. Additionally, it acts as a universal magic, which also includes the magic types "Earth Pony Magic", “Unicorn Magic” and "Pegasus Magic" - Therefore it would be quite nonsensical to use the 3 basic magic types individually if you have a fourth type that includes the other 3 at once, wouldn´t it?!
---
What´s magic strength and magic unit you might ask? Here´s the answer:

Magic strength = the higher this strength, the less magic units are needed to perform a spell, no matter which it is. → Magic strength acts like a catalyst and reduces the amount of magic needed. In the case of alicorn´s and their magic, to 20% of the actual consumption in relation to others.
---
Magic Units (aka. Magic Power Level/MPL) = each spell consumes a certain amount of energy to be executed. The higher the magic units of a pony, the more spells it can perform until it has to recover.


Magic units isn´t privileged only to alicorns or unicorns, each of the 4 pony types have them - in ascending quantity Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, Alicorn. And these main groups are in turn subdivided:


Earth Ponies:
To grow plants faster and healthier, Earth Ponies also have magic units, even though they can only have max 180, the amount is enough to keep Sweet Apple Acres running with 3-4 ponies without getting into trouble. [Plants grow in the care of an Earth pony around 4 times faster and also much healthier, without them having to raise any hoove to achieve it].


Pegasi:
In order to fly faster than they would manage with their own muscle power, they use magic to increase their speed. Therefore, they possess a descriptive amount of magic units. On average about 250, which allows them to fly 2h at double speed or 1h at 4 times speed at a stretch. Rainbow Dash has an above average 392 units, very close to the maximum limit of 400 for Pegasi.


Unicorns:
They use magic actively and therefore have much more magic units than Pegasi and Earth Ponies could even achieve. On average about 2500 - with some practice this can even be doubled. Very good mages like Starswirl have made it to almost 13,000 units, which is also pretty much the upper limit. Twilight herself was almost as successful as a unicorn, coming in at 12,800 units respectively, even at her young age. [She was, after all, known as the unicorn with the most raw magic in the last 1000 years.]
 

Alicorns:
Of course, it is not surprising that alicorns have a much higher amount of magic units than unicorns can reach. Of course, they can use their units for the same things as Pegasi, Earth Ponies and Unicorns. The factor, by which the MPL increases, is the same for all alicorns. Twilight´s amount was about ~ 6,4 million at under 22 (Previous Strength * 500) and about 6,4 billion (Previous Strength * 1000) after she reached her full strength. [Kind of foreshadowing, but I already mentioned how high their strength will increase in total] So in total, their magic units increase by a factor of 500,000, which is supernatural at first glance. In the end, however, Alicorns are known as Goddesses and have the ability to control about everything - which of course consumes a lot more units, than simply lifting groceries for example.
---
Our "little" Twilight - okay she´s huge compared to even a human..., is a little bit special, even when it comes to alicorns. As alicorn and embodiment of magic, Twilight has a level of magical energy like no one else. Normally an alicorn has 500.000 times his previous MPL and therefore around 1-1,5 Billion magic units. Twilight however surpassed that by far as her natural ability is literally magic itself.
---
Magic itself is very energy-rich and therefore alicorn magic is extremely energy-rich. Unfortunately, there is no way to say with 100% certainty what energy levels a magic unit or an alicorn magic unit possesses in watt. [Simply because of the fact that you can't put magic and watts into a performance ratio.] - Speculation is that unicorn magic is in the low Megawatt range, and Alicorn magic is the same factor that their magic increases from their previous self to their completed ascension.

--> That means, 1 alicorn magic unit corresponds to around 4 TW (Terawatt). That is 4 – 25,6 ZW (Zettawatt) at 100% of the available units of an alicorn - tendency constantly rising. Unicorn magic still comes to around 8 Megawatts per unit.
---
They would also regenerate their units in a relatively very short period of 5 ½ minutes. Which is about 6 times the regeneration factor of unicorns [is to be observed however, just because the magic units have regenerated doesn't mean a unicorn can start casting again right away. If they are too exhausted, it can take hours until they are able to do so again - alicorns do not fall under the influence of this effect thanks to some of their abilities].
---
Due to their Alicorn Magic and also augmented by “Ecological Empathy”, they are experts in all three magic categories and the nature and sky practically bows to their will. They surpass Earth- or Pegasi Ponies by far and only have to ask kindly for something to happen. Like growing plants, telling Timberwolves to let go of Innocents or clearing the sky of rain for example. If they tell so, it will happen even without their magic visibly activating (no glowing horn). This is an effect of either their Earth Pony or Pegasus magic, that gets boosted to a god-like level. I want to emphasize again that they aren´t using Mind Control or something like that to achieve the desired effect; the animals do it out of their free will and respect. → Very few Earth Ponies achieved a comparable level of control and there wasn't a Pegasus by now.


Enhanced Strength:
Able to lift/move objects that are way heavier than her own body weight. Without magic empowerment, an alicorn is able to lift objects of around 500 Tons unlimited in time, as well as pulling around objects up to 10 times the lifting weight. - physical lifting, not with magic.
---
An alicorn has thanks to their bigger wings also a natural advantage to pegasi and can therefore carry heavier objects than them while flying. Also their stamina level is to high to deplete by lifting things while flying - or any real physical activity at all, and thanks to their superior body they don't fall under the influence of tiring out. [I mentioned that already] This means if they manage to lift something or somepony when taking off, they are able to carry the indicated things or person to the destination no matter the distance. Their capabilities of flying with more weight than their own is around 7 - 8 ponies - so around 1t.


Managed to keep up? No? Don't worry, I would have definitely dropped out in your position xD But it definitely won't get less crazy in the remaining chapters, so be ready. Or maybe you just need to have read all the chapters to understand it, or be me, or you'll never comprehend it fully - yep, definitely the last one, I´m sorry :p


"Alicorn" Counter Total: 327