• Published 25th Aug 2021
  • 336 Views, 11 Comments

Harmony Returns to Equestria Once Again - PioneerofImagination



Equestria, the land we love has lost all sense of harmony but a young unicorn just might be able to get it all back.

  • ...
 11
 336

Honesty

Miracle had always wanted to travel across Equestria, but his Uncle Blueblood had forbade him from leaving the village. It was too dangerous. So Blueblood gave him maps so he could pretend to travel around. Miracle did this quite a lot. As a result he practically knew all of Equestria like the back of his hoof, which was helpful for him when he set out on his adventure, but still took a map just in case. He knew exactly where he was going despite traveling at night, it took him quite a while to get where he was going but he refused to give up, especially since he had only just started.

With his destination being quite a way from home, he paced himself while traveling and when he came across a few dangerous creatures he either fought them off or used an invisibility spell. While also making sure to ration his food. It took him longer than he thought, but Miracle managed to make it to where he wanted to go, Ponyville. "Finally I'm here," Miracle said relieved as it felt like his legs were going to fall off, but even that didn't stop him from admiring where he had finally arrived. "This is it, this is where the magic happened. This is where Twilight Sparkle defeated Nightmare Moon and hopefully where I can find what I'm looking for."

Suddenly Miracle fell to the ground as his exhaustion finally got the best of him. "Though maybe I should find a place to rest before I get to that," Miracle said as he managed to pick himself up. "Come on body just a little longer," he said to himself as he started walking again to look around for a safe place to sleep. Before long he came across the abandon School of Friendship. "Wow the School of Friendship, it really exists, the stories this place could tell," he said all to himself as he heard a bit of his own echo and made his way to the student's quarters to settle down for a well needed sleep.

***

Morning came and Miracle fully rested, awoke. "Wow morning already, how long was I asleep? Then again it did take me quite a while to get all the way over here, for all I know I just woke up after a few minutes, though I kind of doubt it." Miracle made his way out of the school and since it was day was able to get a better look at Ponyville, such as the crystal castle that his hero once called home. "Wow! The Castle of Friendship, it's so beautiful. I'll have to remember to come back here later, after I save Equestria," he said to himself as he started to walk away but stopped and walked backwards a bit.

"Then again," he paused, "Equestria has been suffering since the day I was born, a few more minutes couldn't hurt," Miracle said before heading inside. "Wow, first the school now here, I should have ran away from home a long time ago," Miracle said as he explored the castle filled with joy to once again be walking in the footsteps of his hero. But he wouldn't have much time to do that. As not too long after he entered, he came across a group of 4 mares who were quite surprised to see a teenage stallion they never saw before in the castle. "Hi," Miracle said to break the silence when he came across the group.

"Uh, hi," Moondancer said not sure what else to say.

"What are you all doing here?"

"What are we doing here? What are you doing here kid?" Moondancer asked. "We live here."

"Sorry," Miracle said as he laughed while rubbing the back of his head with his right hoof. "I didn't know other ponies lived here, I just wanted to see the place where Twilight Sparkle lived."

"Wait did you know Twilight?" Minuette asked.

"Oh I wish," Miracle answered. "What I wouldn't give to have met her in equine."

"A big fan of her work I see," Moondancer said.

"Oh yeah when I was just a colt I heard all about the amazing things she did as bedtime stories."

"Oh yeah this kid is definitely a fan, by the way my name is Minuette this is Lemon Hearts, Twinkle Shine, and Moondancer."

"My name is Miracle Maker, so since we know each other is it okay if I look around the castle?"

"Well I guess it's okay," Minuette said.

"Minuette! Are you serious? We don't even know this colt."

"Oh come on Moondancer what harm could it do?" Lemon Hearts asked.

"Yeah, he seems like a nice kid," Twinkle Shine added.

"All right fine," Moondancer said with a huff. "But I'm checking your saddlebag when you're done," Moondancer added.

"I guess that's fair," Miracle said as he continued to explore the castle, but this time with the mares who were showed him around. As he finished exploring he worked up quite an appetite, which his stomach made clear with a rumble.

"Hungry huh?" Lemon Hearts asked. "How about we take you to Sugarcube Corner?"

"What's that?"

"It's a nice place in town where you can get all sorts of sweets," Twinkle Shine answered.

"Oh you mean like dessert?"

"The best kind of dessert you can find here," Minuette answered. "And while we're there we can tell you stuff about Twilight when she was with our little group," she added with a wink.

"YOU KNEW TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" Miracle yelled as he made the biggest smile he could and his eyes seemed to have doubled in size.

"Yeah," Moondancer said. "Before she moved to Ponyville she was a friend of ours." Even though she didn't always act like one. Soon after that the 4 mares made it to the sweet shop where they introduced Miracle Maker to the Cakes.

"You just found him wondering around the castle?" Mr. Cake said.

"Oh my, didn't your parents ever teach you that it's not nice to go into other pony's homes without asking?" Mrs. Cake asked and then noticed a rather depressed look appear on Miracle's face.

"I never knew my parents," he said. "They both died when I was a baby," he answered which made the other ponies look depressed as well.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry dear I didn't know," Mrs. Cake said as she walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"We know how you feel," Mr. Cake said. "We lost somepony special to us too," he added as he and his wife looked over to a picture of them together with a pink pony with a large puffy mane. Mrs. Cake then led Miracle to a table and gave him a small cheesecake.

"Here you go sweetie, on the house," she said.

"No it's not, it's on the table."

"No silly I mean it's free," Mrs. Cake said to Miracle.

"Free?"

"Yeah, you know you don't need to pay for it."

"Pay?"

"You know," Mrs. Cake said starting to wonder if the young stallion was messing with her. "With bits."

"Bits? What are bits?" Miracle asked confusing everypony else there.

"You've never heard of bits?" Lemon Hearts asked.

"No," Miracle answered.

"So how do your parents pay for all your, oh right sorry," Twinkle Shine said feeling like she put her hoof in her mouth.

"You've never bought anything?" Mr. Cake asked.

"No, don't you all just do favors for each other?"

"Favors?" Moondancer asked.

"Yeah, you know like cleaning the windows or sweeping the floor, that's not what ponies do here?"

"Oh my gosh!" Moondancer said getting everypony's attention. "I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier," she said as she approached Miracle Maker. "You don't live in Ponyville do you?"

"No," he answered to everypony's shock.

"Where did you come from?" Minuette asked as she along with all the other ponies approached Miracle. Miracle then got out his map and pointed to the village he grew up in.

"You came all the way to Ponyville from there?!" Mr. Cake asked. "Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to travel that far all by yourself? What if those shadow ponies got you?"

"Yeah your parents must be worried, darn it, I did it again sorry," Twinkle Shine said this time putting her hoof to her face.

"It's okay," Miracle said.

"Do you live all alone or something?" Minuette asked.

"No I live with my uncle, but I don't think he's too worried about me, I left him a note."

"Kid you should go home right now," Mr. Cake said.

"I can't do that, I'm on a mission."

"What kind of mission?" Moondancer said.

"I'm on a mission to save Equestria!" Miracle answered and once he did the other ponies were silent, none of them knew what to say.

"So how are you going to do that exactly?" Lemon Hearts asked.

"I'm going to find the Elements of Harmony and then use them to defeat Witchcraft!" He answered once again leaving everypony else at a loss for words.

"Sweetie, I think you should just go home," Mrs. Cake said.

"What?"

"It's a nice thought but that's not going to happen," Mrs. Cake said.

"What?" Mrs. Cake then walked over to Miracle Maker and gave him a gentle hug and a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"I know it's horrible what that monster has done, but there's nothing any of us can do about it."

"She's right," Mr. Cake said as he walked over to his wife and gently put his leg around her neck. "In times like this we need to stay with whatever loved ones we have left."

"That's your plan?" Miracle said as he put his front legs on the table. "Just give up, nopony got anything done by giving up."

"It's not that we want to give up," Moondancer said. "But if the royal ponies, one of those being the pony you looked up to so much, couldn't stop him what can we do, what can you do?"

"I have a plan I'm setting into action," Miracle answered as he got his hooves off the table.

"You think the royal ponies that tried to stop him didn't have a plan or 2? You think the ponies that tried to help the royal ponies didn't have a plan? Pinkie probably," Mr. Cake stopped himself as he once again looked over to the picture. "Oh Pinkie, I miss you so much," he said as he hung his head.

"Pinkie? Is that your friend's name?" Miracle asked.

"Yes she was the sweetest pony you could ever meet," Mrs. Cake said. "That might have been because she ate just about every kind of dessert that we made here," she continued with a smile.

"She use to always throw party after party none stop, it was hard work but she loved to make other ponies smile that much."

"Yeah, she even helped Twilight throw a party for me," Moondancer said.

"She even helped around the shop as well as foalsit the twins for us," Mrs. Cake said.

"Twins?" Miracle said as he looked around.

"Our children, Pound and Pumpkin," Mr. Cake answered. "She was so close to them and took great care of them, we try not to mention her in front of them because she died when they were very young." Suddenly as if on cue Pound and Pumpkin Cake returned with a few other ponies as well.

"We're back Mom and Dad," Pumpkin Cake said.

"And we brought back some company as well," Pound Cake said as he lifted up his front leg to gesture towards the said ponies.

"We see son," Mr. Cake said with a smile trying to hide the sadness he had just a minute ago.

"And look what I see," one of the ponies that came to Sugarcube Corner with the Cake twins said as he approached Miracle. "We have a new face here, what's your name kid?"

"Miracle Maker," he answered and then shook the hoof and the stallion that offered it to him.

"Well it's nice to meet y'all my name is Bright Mac and this here is mah wife Pear Butter."

"It's so nice to see somepony new, we haven't had visitors in a long time," Pear Butter said as she walked over to Miracle and gave him an apple. "Here you look hungry."

"Thank you I am," Miracle said as he started to eat the apple as well as the cake given to him. After that the mares he met and even the Apples sat down to eat.

"Uh oh," Moondancer said after she finished eating.

"What's the matter Moondancer?"

"I don't have enough bits to cover my meal Minuette," she answered.

"Oh that's okay I can cover for you, oh whoops I forgot my bit bag. Can we get a little help here?"

"I don't really have any, I thought Moondancer was treating," Lemon Hearts said.

"Same here," Twinkle Shine added.

"Not to worry I'll take care of it," Miracle said once again getting everypony's attention. "Their food is on me."

"But you don't have any bits," Mrs. Cake said.

"Don't need them, I'll work off their food, I'll clean your dishes, mop the floors, and if that's not enough I'll clear out your whole attic. You'd be surprised how many ponies don't clear out their attics."

"You, you don't have to do all that," Moondancer said surprised but also very touched.

"Nonsense you showed me around the castle this is the least I can do."

"My my such work ethic for somepony so young," Pear Butter said.

"I know," Bright Mac replied and the 2 suddenly started to whisper to one another. "Hey Miracle, we have an idea."

"What about?" He asked.

"If we cover your food as well as theirs would you be willing to work on our farm for a while to work it off there?"

"Fine with me Bright Mac," Miracle answered. "You got yourself a deal."

"All right then," Pear Butter said. With the deal made the couple paid for all the food and Miracle followed them to their farm.

***

Before long the 3 made it to the Apple family farm. Bright Mac and Pear Butter wasted no time in putting Miracle Maker to work as they had a lot to do. They showed him how to apple buck which he took to almost like a fish to water, as he worked around the farm he came across other members of the Apple family such as Apple Bloom. "Well hello there," Miracle said with a wave. "My name is Miracle Maker what's yours?"

"Hi I'm Apple Bloom," she replied not bothering to wave back for some reason. "Are you hired help or something?"

"No I'm just working off some sweets some new friends ate."

"Okay, can you get to all of those trees over there?"

"No problem," Miracle replied.

"Well actually, it might be a slight problem," another member of the Apple family said.

"That many trees might be too much for just 1 pony," he continued. "Let me help out sis?"

"Okay," Apple Bloom said with a small yet gentle smile. "Just don't overdo it."

"I'll be okay," he said. After that Apple Bloom went to a different part of the farm and the other pony walked over to Miracle. "Nice to meet ya mah name is Apple Core."

"I'm Miracle Maker," he said as they shook hooves. They then got to work bucking the trees and became fast friends while seeing who can get the most apples from the trees. Before they knew it the sun was setting and Miracle was invited to stay the night at the house, but not before seeing who bucked the most apples between him and Apple Core. Apple Core won, but not by a whole lot.

"I'm impressed," Apple Core said. "You're rather strong for ah unicorn."

"Maybe you're just rather weak for an earth pony."

"Oh yeah," Apple Core said pretending to get mad. The 2 young stallions then playfully wrestled with one another for a bit until they were called in for supper.

"You did a great job kid," Bright Mac said as he prepared a big plate for Miracle.

"Does that mean I worked off my debt?"

"Not quite," Pear Butter answered. "Those friends of yours have quite the stomachs. It may take you another day or 2."

"That's fine," Miracle said. "Gives me another chance to beat somepony at getting more apples," Miracle added as he looked over to Apple Core.

"I'll beat ya every time!"

"We'll see about that!"

"Well if you 2 are gonna go at it you're gonna have to eat up," Pear Butter said as she gave Miracle quite a lot to chow down on.

"This is all for me?"

"You betcha sweetie," Pear Butter answered as she passed out the food for the others as well. "You more than earned it."

"Ah bet ah can finish faster than you," Apple Core said.

"You're on!"

"All right that's enough," Bright Mac said before either of could start eating. "Save it for the farm work."

"Sorry pa," Apple Core said.

"It's all right, you just get to eating."

"In fact you can have most of my food," Apple Bloom said as she placed her plate between Apple Core and Miracle Maker.

"But sis," Apple Core said.

"It's fine I ain't very hungry." Apple Bloom left the room but Apple Core quickly followed to talk to her a bit.

"It sure is nice to see Apple Core getting along with you so much, you 2 already act like brothers, you're practically part of the family."

"Yeah the other ponies back where I live don't want to play much. It's nice to know somepony my own age with almost as much energy as me. Apple Bloom seems nice too. But she doesn't talk much."

"Right," Bright Mac said as he looked over to Pear Butter. "She wasn't always like that."

"She used to be a such a sweet little filly until," Pear Butter added but stopped herself as Bright Mac walked over and hugged her.

"Until?"

"All the way back when Witchcraft took over Canterlot he did more damage than you might have thought," Bright Mac said.

"Tall order," Miracle said.

"Yes, but he delivered," Bright Mac continued. "When he took the lives of the royal ponies quite a few other ponies were caught in the middle of his carnage, such as 2 of our own, Big Macintosh and Applejack, Apple Bloom and Apple Core's older sister and brother."

"It was around that time that Apple Core was born so he never even knew them," Pear Butter said. "I know that he almost never shows it but he really wishes he knew them. Apple Bloom has never been the same since, on top of that her 2 best friends left Ponyville not too long after that which didn't really help her out, she almost took it as bad as losing her siblings. On top of that her grandmother Granny Smith recently passed away. I was actually starting to think your mother was immortal," Pear Butter whispered the last part to her husband.

"So was I," Bright Mac whispered back.

"I know how they feel, partly anyway. My parents died when I was a baby too, I don't even know their names."

"Do you just live by yourself?"

"No my uncle looks after me, I've asked him about my parents several times but he said it would just depress me." Miracle answered as he finished his food already then put the plate in the sink. After that he went over to Bright Mac and Pear Butter and gave both of them a hug that they returned. "Thank you both so much for inviting me into your home and making me feel like I'm part of your little family."

"Actually there are Apples that live all over Equestria," Bright Mac said. "But when Witchcraft took over all those shadow ponies have been running around making it dangerous for ponies to leave populated areas. We haven't talk to them ever since."

"For some of us even longer," Pear Butter said as she left the room to be by herself. When she left Miracle didn't feel like talking anymore and so he was about to head over to the sink to clean his dish but Bright Mac put his hoof on his shoulder.

"I'll get it," Bright Mac said.

"It's my plate, I don't mind."

"It's all right you've done enough for now why don't you go relax. You've earned a brake." After that Miracle left the kitchen and after a while went to bed as working on the farm tired him out quite a bit. When he woke up he was once again shocked to see that it was morning something the Apples decided to not look a gift pony in the muzzle about and used the daylight to get back to work. Most of all Miracle Maker and Apple Core who once again saw who could get the most apples, this time Miracle Maker won with the help of his magic.

"No fair using magic to pick the apples for you," Apple Core said.

"Oh yeah, well no fair using your earth pony strength to force them off the tree," Miracle replied once again getting the 2 young stallions to playfully fight. As they finished their work for the day and saw there was still daylight left they decided to run off and play. Apple Core even showed Miracle around Ponyville a bit after asking his parents if it was all right. Who didn't have any problem with it.

"I think it's wonderful Apple Core made such a good friend," Pear Butter said.

"Yeah I kind of feel the same way," Bright Mac said.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I feel a strong connection to that colt." After a while of exploring the town and a bit more of the farm Miracle was invited to spend another night with the Apple family.

"Was I able to work off my debt today?" Miracle asked.

"And more," Bright Mac answered when everypony was at the dinner table yet again.

"Yeah nice work," Apple Bloom said with a big smile nopony saw on her for quite awhile. Apparently even she had grown rather fond of the young unicorn, just like the rest of her family. After dinner Bright Mac said he would do the dishes once again and everypony left. Everypony except Miracle Maker.

"Are you sure I can't do that?"

"It's fine Miracle you're a guest, don't feel the need to work yourself to the bone," Bright Mac answered.

"Okay, maybe I'm just feeling a little guilty over making you all feel bad yesterday."

"Oh no," Bright Mac said as he placed his hoof on Miracle's shoulder. "You didn't upset any of us, we just brought up some emotional subjects is all, but we're better now, really."

"Okay then," Miracle said as he left the kitchen. "It won't be long until you and your family will be feeling a lot better," Miracle said to himself after leaving the kitchen.

After a while everypony settled down for a good night sleep, except Miracle Maker who was grateful to Apple Core for showing him the way around Ponyville, because now he knew exactly where to go next. The Everfree Forest. He would make his way through there to get to the place that was the reason he came to Ponyville, the Castle of the 2 Sisters. That was where Twilight Sparkle found the Elements of Harmony and Miracle figured he would at the very least find a clue to the location of their new hiding place.

Just like when he left his village, Miracle snuck out of the farm in the quiet of the night and made his way into town. He quickly and quietly made his way through the town and was standing just outside the Everfree Forest, just as the mare he calls his hero did so long ago. "Well here I go," he said to himself as he was just about to enter the dangerous and mysterious forest when suddenly.

"What in Equestria are you doing?" Apple Core asked which shocked Miracle Maker and nearly made him jump out of his coat.

"What am I doing? What are you doing? Besides trying to give me a heart attack?!"

"Sorry didn't mean to scare ya. Ah was just about to fall asleep but ah saw you sneaking out and ah followed you. What are ya doing here and in the middle of the night of all times? We aren't supposed to be out here in the middle of the night the shadow ponies might get us."

"I'm not afraid of the shadow ponies."

"Well that makes 1 of us."

"And I came out here to put a stop to all of this shadow pony stuff by finding the Elements of Harmony."

"What are you talking about?"

"Go back to the farm and I'll explain when I get back."

"No way! You can't expect me to let you go in there all by yourself. I'm your friend after all and friends stick together most of all when one of them is going to do something like this. We Apples pride ourselves on sticking together and you're practically part of the family, and that's the honest truth."

"Well," Miracle said a bit heart warmed. "I guess it couldn't hurt to have you watch my back in there, but stay close to me all right?"

"You don't have to tell me twice, or once really. How are you not scared Miracle?"

"I just think what would Twilight Sparkle do," Miracle answered. "This is where she started her many great accomplishments. She made her way to the castle where she found what she needed to defeat Nightmare Moon. Now I'm doing something similar and have I chance to be like her. So I guess that's the real answer, I'm too excited to be scared."

"Ah see." The 2 young stallions entered the Everfree Forest and while many of the creatures that lived there were quite dangerous, none of them really popped out to bother them. In fact, they came across a group of deer that lived in the forest and were kind enough to guide the 2 young stallions to where they were going. Along the way Miracle explained to Apple Core as well as the deer that he plans on taking down Witchcraft by using the very items used by his hero.

"And with Witchcraft defeated, ponies will no longer have to live in fear and things can be like when the royal ponies ran our land," Miracle said.

"My such a tall order you have put upon yourself," one of the deer said.

"But it would be so nice if he managed to pull it off," Apple Core said. "Day and night might go back to normal, nopony would have to live in fear, and ah can finally visit other places. Ah can finally go to Manehatten!"

"Manehatten?" Miracle asked.

"My big sister Apple Bloom talks about her favorite cousin Babs Seed who lives there and Apple Bloom hasn't talked to her ever since Witchcraft took over."

"Do you truly believe you can restore this land to what it used to be young one?" King Aspen asked.

"Of course! I wouldn't have left home if I didn't," he answered. "Besides magic can be very helpful if you know how to use it, this isn't something I decided to do on the spur of the moment. When I was young I found a very powerful and very useful locater spell."

"Locater spell?" Apple Core asked when suddenly he saw they were already at the castle.

"We shall wait out here while you search the castle to find what you're looking for," King Aspen said to the 2 stallions. "When you are finished we will guide you back outside the forest."

"All right, thanks for helping." Miracle said as he and Apple Core headed inside the castle.

"Do you think that stallion can do what he's setting out to do King Aspen?" One of his guards asked.

"It would be nice if we were near the end of Witchcraft's tyranny," the king answered. "I sense something about that stallion. Something, special."

As Miracle Maker and Apple Core entered the castle Miracle couldn't help but feel that he was walking inside a page of history.

"This is just amazing," Miracle said. "I'm here in the Castle of the 2 Sisters just like Twilight Sparkle did when she defeated Nightmare Moon."

"Were you always this fearless?" Apple Core asked as Miracle Maker suddenly noticed that he was shaking.

"Probably, but relax Apple Core you don't have anything to be afraid of, it's just an old castle after all. Well, more like half of one really."

"Ah don't know ah have this horrible feeling in my bones that ah monster is going to pop out and attack us or something."

"Well then all the more reason for us to look around and get out of here fast," Miracle said and then got back to looking around with Apple Core not too far behind.

"If you let him get too close to you, you're making it all the more easier for him to stab you in the back."

"What?"

"Ah didn't say anything," Apple Core answered.

"He doesn't care about you, he only cares about his quest. If he had to choose between you and his quest he'd choose the latter, no contest."

"Did y'all hear that?" Apple Core asked.

"Hear what?" Miracle asked to Apple Core's ever growing fright. Which grew even more when suddenly one of the walls moved all on it's own and pushed Apple Core into a different part of the castle. "APPLE CORE!" Miracle made his way over to the wall and tried to make it move but nothing happened. Meanwhile on the other side Apple Core was freaking out using just about all of his will power to not have a heart attack, especially when the sound of an old organ filled the hallways.

"What in the wide world of Equestria is going on here?!?!" Apple Core then saw a sudden flash of light at the end of 1 of the nearby hallways. When he looked at it even though it was for a split second, Apple Core knew exactly what he saw. More or less. "The Elements of Harmony?" He asked himself, while he had never saw them before his parents told him stories about them and how his older sister Applejack wore 1. His parents took a picture of her wearing her element that Apple Core somehow saw well enough to recognize it.

"Ah don't know what's going on, but if ah grab all the elements ah can find Miracle and get out of this here creepy castle." Apple Core then ran down the hallway, but was so focused on getting to the end he didn't noticed a semi open trapdoor and fell in. "Ah trapdoor, y'all have got to be kidding me what is with this place?"

"You're telling me," Miracle said as he was above the trapdoor.

"Miracle, thank goodness! Get me out of here!"

"Sorry, but I need to grab the Elements of Harmony," he answered.

"What?"

"I can't just help somepony I barely even know, not when the things that can help me with my adventure are within my reach."

"But ah need help."

"Then you'll have to help yourself." With that Miracle left leaving Apple Core all alone.

While that was going on Miracle was making his way around the wall to try and find out where Apple Core is and what happened to him. He could have simply blasted through the wall, but figured that might not have been the best idea, since the castle was already falling apart.

"All right he's got to be around here somewhere," Miracle said to himself. He made it to the other part of the wall as he recognized the large tapestry that the moving wall had. "I guess he decided not to stick around, probably figured if he did something else was going to move all on it's own. But it's going to make finding him all the more difficult. Now if I was him, where would I have run off to?" After thinking about it for a little while Miracle just decided to run down a hallway and look for him hoping he'd get lucky. To his surprise he came across Apple Core in no time at all.

"Hi Miracle Maker," Apple Core said as he was just standing in the hallway.

"Apple Core, what are you doing just standing around in the dark?"

"I was waiting for you, hope you still want to save Equestria."

"Of course I do, nothing is going to stop me!"

"Good lead the way."

"Don't have to tell me twice," Miracle said as he made his horn light up so the 2 of them could see even better as they walked through the hallway. As they did Miracle saw the shadow of Apple Core move and saw what looked like a knife. Miracle's instincts took over and he jumped out of the way dodging the knife. "What are you doing?!"

"You actually think I wanted to help you with all this? Have you ever considered that other ponies actually like Equestria the way it is?"

"No because that's just plain stupid," Miracle said as he tried to blast the knife out of Apple Core's hoof, but he was too quick and avoided the beam.

"You barely even know me and you just expected me to go along with this quest of yours."

"You were the one that decided to come with me," Miracle replied and dodged Apple Core when he came at him with the knife and this time hit him with a magic beam. Suddenly Miracle Maker was surrounded by shadows that he took care of when he used his horn to cast the darkness away, and when he did Apple Core was gone. "What the heck was that all about?" Miracle then made his way down the hallway not knowing that Apple Core who managed to climb out of the trapdoor was also making his way down the hallway.

"When ah get my hooves on Miracle Maker he is gonna get it and get it good!" Before long the 2 young stallions ran into each other and were about to throw down.

"YOU!" They said at the same time and wrestled each other a bit.

"What's the big idea leaving me down there?!" Apple Core asked as they continued to fight a bit.

"Down where? Did you drop your knife somewhere?"

"Knife? What knife? What are you talking about?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ah fell down the trapdoor and yah left me there instead of helping me."

"What? That doesn't make any sense I could have teleported you out, it would have taken a literal second." Miracle then demonstrated by teleporting out of Apple Core's grip.

"Now where's the knife?"

"What knife?"

"The knife you tried to stab me with!"

"Ah didn't try to stab you, ah swear." Miracle looked into his eyes and could tell he was telling the truth. "How could ah? Ah just got out of the hole in the floor?" After that the 2 calmed down a bit and simply sat down trying to figure out what to do and say next.

"So you think I left when you fell threw a trapdoor, but I didn't and I think you tried to stab me but you didn't," Miracle said and Apple Core nodded in agreement. "Changelings."

"Huh?"

"Creatures that can take the form of others, I remember my Uncle Blueblood told me how they tried to invade during a royal wedding, but Twilight Sparkle stopped them."

"So we didn't turn on each other? It was a changeling?"

"Yeah and there might be more around here."

"But what are they doing at the castle?"

"I don't know Apple Core but stay close, we're going to get to the bottom of this." The 2 of them then made their way back to the wall that moved and after moving the tapestry found the switch that brought them right back to where they started. Miracle wanted to start searching there believing it best to go back to square one, when they did they came across the room where Twilight and her friends discovered the Elements of Harmony.

"Hey look at that!" Apple Core said as he pointed to what looked like a crystal apple. "That's the Element of Honesty."

"Yes it is," a voice said.

"Hey that's the voice ah heard before when you said you didn't say anything," Apple Core said.

"I heard that earlier too."

"Yes that was a rather helpful spell for me, my voice is heard by 1 pony at a time, makes it easier to put thoughts of distrust in the group."

"Show yourself!" Miracle said and then suddenly a shadow came from the ceiling and took the form of what appeared to be Nightmare Moon, only she had blue cracks across her body as if she had many battle scars that have yet to heal.

"Sweet Apple Acres!" Apple Core nearly yelled. "It's Nightmare Moon. Ah recognize her from stories my parents told me."

"But that's impossible," Miracle said. "Twilight Sparkle defeated you. Are you Nightmare Moon?"

"I am Deception, the guardian of the Element of Honestly."

"Guardian?" Apple Core asked. "Why are you guarding it?"

"Because that is the role I was created for?"

"What are you talking about?" Miracle Maker asked.

"I could answer that, but it's not exactly fitting for a creature named Deception to honestly answer all of your questions now is it?"

"Well you answered our first questions," Miracle said.

"I figured you should at the very least know my name," Deception answered. Miracle then let out a series of powerful spells while Deception did the same, each one hitting the other several times. Miracle got smacked around a little, but that didn't stop him from delivering a fatal blow. When Apple Core tried to get in an attack Deception turn into shadows to avoid that attack then returned to her original form.

"You can shapeshift," Miracle said. "You turned into both of us and tried to turn us against each other didn't you?"

"Do you honestly expect me to tell you anything?"

"And ah suppose you won't just let us have the Element of Honesty," Apple Core said hoping to solve the problem in a peaceful manner.

"Oh of course you can have it," Deception answered as she grabbed the Element of Honesty and seemed to offer it to Apple Core who was about to grab for it, but Miracle pushed him out of the way to avoid a spell from Deception that went through the floor.

"Did you actually think that wasn't a trick?" Miracle said as he helped get Apple Core back up.

"Of course ah did but she deserved ah chance all the same," Apple Core answered. "We Apples believe in believing in ponies."

"What?" Miracle asked who to his surprise Deception asked as well.

"It means if you don't put yer faith in ponies, y'all will never know their whole worth."

"How noble for one so young," Deception said as she looked over to the hole she had just recently made. "But look at where that almost got you."

"Oh please you think ah couldn't have dodged that attack all by myself?"

"No," Deception answered Apple Core as she charged up another attack. "But if you want a chance to prove me wrong, here it is." Deception then fired her spell straight at Apple Core who dodged it on his own this time and this time the spell went through the wall. Apple Core tried to buck the guardian, but he only grazed her as she dodged.

"See, what did I tell you, don't put your faith in ponies and you'll never know their full worth," Apple Core said with a rather cocky smile as he was proud to make such a good point.

"Well how about you stand still and we'll see the full worth of your endurance?" Deception then cast a spell that made ice appear on the ground that spread to Apple Core's legs literally freezing him in his tracks as Deception charged her horn for an attack.

"Better idea," Miracle said who dodged the ice and stepped in front of Apple Core. "Why don't we see the full force of my stamina instead," Miracle said as he charged his horn then bent down a bit and stomped his hoof.

"You're kidding. You're kidding right?" Miracle then met Deception head on in a clash of magic beams. "Do you think you can actually match me in power?" Deception asked as it looked like her beam was going to push Miracle into Apple Core.

"Well if I'm being completely honest, YES!" Miracle said as he expanded then pushed his beam back and Deception's entirety was hit dead on by the spell and was then slammed into the wall.

"My my," Deception said as her body started to fall apart. "You actually managed to beat me, such raw power for one so young. Though I have a feeling that if I was my whole self this would have ended differently."

"Huh? What does that mean?" Miracle asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she answered before she fell apart leaving only shards and leaving the 2 stallions shocked to say the least.

"Uh, little help." Apple Core said still stuck in the ice.

"Oh right, sorry." Miracle then used his magic to get his friend out of the ice. Afterwards Miracle made his way to the Element of Honesty and picked it up. "Wow the Element of Honesty, it's like I'm holding part of a legend."

"But it's only 1, don't you need all of them?"

"And since I have 1, I'll be able to get to the others. But for now let's get out of here and out of this forest, we've earned a good night sleep and I don't want to keep our deer friends waiting." After that the 2 stallions left the castle and were escorted out of the forest.

"Thank you for your help King Aspen," Miracle Maker said as he and Apple Core bowed in respect.

"No problem, I have a feeling it's the least we could have done," King Aspen replied. After that Miracle Maker and Apple Core made their way back to the farm and feel asleep almost the second they got into bed. While it came later than it did before, morning came and when it did Miracle prepared to head out in order to continue his adventure. Before he left Ponyville the friends he made came to tell him goodbye, such as Mr. and Mrs. Cake who along with Bright Mac and Pear Butter gave him some snacks to give him energy on his journey.

"Wow this is a lot," Miracle said as he had to carry the food with his magic. "Good thing you gave me this carriage Moondancer." Miracle then placed the food he was giving into the said carriage. "This thing is really going to take me wherever I want to go?"

"Yes it will. I reworked it to move all on it's own so you don't have to pull it, I figured doing this would really help you out and I guess I wanted to help you out for covering our fee. You really have your heart set on this don't you kid?" Moondancer said.

"Yes I do and I'm gonna bring harmony back just you wait."

"But it's going to be so dangerous," Minuette said with Lemon Hearts and Twinkle Shines backing her up.

"Well you can come with me if you want."

"Sorry Miracle," Moondancer said. "We need to stay here to fight off any shadow ponies that manage to sneak into Ponyville and cause trouble," Moondancer added with her friends agreeing.

"We'd love to help you but we can't leave our farm," Bright Mac said.

"And as sure as I am that we can handle ourselves, if something happened to us who knows what that will do to our children, especially Apple Bloom," Pear Butter added.

"Speaking of your kids where is Apple Core?"

"We don't know, I went to his room but he wasn't there. I guess he didn't have the heart to say goodbye," Pear Butter answered having no idea how right she was. "Listen, is there anyway we can talk you out of this? I know we haven't known you long, but it feels like you're already part of our family."

"Yeah," Bright Mac agreed. "You can stay with us, maybe head back to your village and bring your uncle here to live with us the more the merrier."

"Tempting, but I can't."

"But Miracle what you're planning-"

"I know Pear Butter," Miracle interrupted. "But don't you want to see other members of your family in other parts of Equestria? Moondancer aren't you and your friends tired of fighting off shadow ponies? Mr. and Mrs. Cake don't you want a safe home for your children? I can't stand all the suffering that monster Witchcraft is causing, I have to put a stop to it all, if I don't, who will?"

"You're not doing it for you you're doing it for everypony else," Pear Butter said after a few moments of silence. "If you're parents were still alive they would be so proud of you," Pear added then kissed Miracle on his head.

"By the way Moondancer," Miracle said. "In all the excitement of exploring the castle, eating dessert, and the farm work. I forgot to ask, what was Twilight Sparkle like?"

"Well," Moondancer paused. "It's hard to say, she spent more time reading her books than hanging out with us. But she was smart and talented I can tell you that much. She also may have had more heart than anypony else, except maybe you. Maybe you'll find somepony else that can tell you more about her." After that everypony said goodbye to Miracle as he got in his carriage and set off to the next part of his adventure.

"I really like those ponies," Miracle said to himself as he was in the carriage. "It feels like I'm leaving home again."

"Ah know just how you feel," Apple Core said to the shock of Miracle Maker as he got out from under the seat cushions of the carriage, also to Miracle's shock.

"What the heck are you doing here!?!"

"Ah wasn't going to let you go into the creepy castle all alone and I'm not going to let you head off on yer own as you head off who knows where. I'm yer friend."

"You're parents are going to flip their lids when they figure out you're gone."

"They won't be too worried, ah left them a note."

"You're crazy you know that?" Miracle asked.

"So are you if you think you can do what you're gonna do all by yourself," Apple Core replied. Miracle then sighed and figured it was too late to send him back, plus it would be rather hypocritical to tell him that he shouldn't run away from home.

"All right, I guess it couldn't hurt to have somepony watch my back."

***

With the Element of Honesty in his possession Miracle was able to get his spell to work making his adventure all the more easier. Plus the carriage given to him by Moondancer would make traveling all the more easier, with the help of the locater spell and the carriage Miracle and Apple Core got through White Tail Woods. Afterwards Miracle got out to double check his locater spell and the map.

"Why are we getting out again?"

"Because it was enough of a bumpy trail to get through those woods and according to my map we're going to have to go into the Undiscovered West."

"The Undiscovered West?" Apple Core asked as he got out of the carriage after eating the last of the apple pie.

"It's a non-pony populated area of Equestria, a good place for Witchcraft to hide an element or several really if we're lucky. Was that the last of the apple pie?"

"Maybe, yes," Apple Core answered.

"Whatever, let's just get going." Miracle then made his way into the Undiscovered West with Apple Core not too far behind. The 2 made their way up a cliff to get a better view to make it easier for Miracle to see where he's going.

"Are we far from the next element?"

"I don't think so, I just hope we can handle whatever is out here."

"Oh come on nothing's going to stop the 2 of us," Apple Core said when suddenly the cliff gave out causing the 2 young stallions to fall.

They had quite the adventure ahead of them.

Author's Note:

Apple Core's design was inspired a bit by Applejack dad from Magpie Pony's video Applejack They Miss You Too. She also has this great fanfic Princess Trixie Sparkle you might want to check that out too.
I decided to have Bright Mac and Pear Butter still be alive in this universe because otherwise it would just be Apple Bloom and her OC brother, that would probably all but destroy the poor filly.