• Published 25th Aug 2021
  • 336 Views, 11 Comments

Harmony Returns to Equestria Once Again - PioneerofImagination



Equestria, the land we love has lost all sense of harmony but a young unicorn just might be able to get it all back.

  • ...
 11
 336

Prelude

Equestria, the land of harmony and friendship, or at least it was once known as that, until one dark day when it was all but destroyed by a being known as Witchcraft. He took control of everything. He started by taking the capital of Canterlot for himself, forcing nearly everypony who lived there out, except for those whose lives he took, such as the royal pony sisters among others.

Thereafter, he spread his evil across the land, stopping others who tried to protect their land and even taking the greatest defense the ponies had, the Elements of Harmony. While he found he couldn't destroy them, he did the next best thing and scattered them to the farthest corners of the continent and a little beyond. With him in power many long and sad years passed for the ponies, some were even so depressed they left the land vowing to never return to the place they once called home.

But no matter how bad things got, some ponies never gave up hope, one was a young stallion that was known as Miracle Maker.

A 16 year old stallion that's rather big for his age and while he lived in times of misery he would try to bring joy to others such as playing games with other ponies his age. "Come on everypony let's play another game."

"Sorry Miracle, it's about time we went in," one of the ponies that lived near him said.

"Ah come on, I'm getting into the zone," Miracle replied.

"It's going to have to wait, the sun is going down and you know what that means," another pony said.

"Ah come on, it's not dark yet," Miracle replied.

"All right that's enough Miracle," an elderly stallion called out to him as he was standing by the door of a cottage. "It's time for you to come inside."

"All right, coming Uncle Blueblood," Miracle said as he reluctantly went back inside the house. "I wanted to play more."

"Don't worry, your friends will be there in the morning, I hope," Blueblood answered, whispering the last part to himself.

"But who knows how long it will be until the next morning comes," Miracle replied in a bit of a whiny voice like he was still a rather young colt.

Suddenly, his uncle started to cough rather violently so Miracle grabbed him and helped him get to a rocking chair that was by the fireplace. As he got his uncle onto the chair, he started to cough less. "Are you alright Uncle Blueblood?"

"I'm alright I think, I just need to stay here for a while, maybe you should go to your room."

"Okay uncle."

"By the way," Blueblood said before Miracle Maker even made his way upstairs. "One of those ponies you were playing with, was a mare right?"

"Yeah," Miracle answered.

"Have you 2 become close?"

"What?! No, she's just a friend," Miracle answered with a bit of a blush.

"Okay, if you say so, I just wish you'd settle down with a special somepony."

"I'm still just a teenager, Uncle Blueblood."

"That shouldn't stop you from keeping your eyes open, '' I remember when I met possibly the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria at the Grand Galloping Gala. But I blew it," Blueblood said as he let out a grief filled sigh. "I acted like a spoiled brat and in the end she couldn't stand the sight of me."

"Was Twilight Sparkle at the Gala?"

"Yes she was," Blueblood answered Miracle.

"Why didn't you just ask her to help you with that mare?"

"You think she could have?"

"Of course! Twilight Sparkle could do anything!"

"Perhaps she could have helped me, but now it's too late.” Blueblood then paused as he looked down with a look of despair then looked out a nearby window, thinking of happier days long past. “Now I'm just a lonely old stallion," Blueblood stopped, afraid he might make Miracle feel depressed as well. "I think it's time you went off to bed now."

"Okay," Miracle answered and then proceeded to go upstairs to his room, leaving Blueblood alone with his thoughts. While he was sad about what has become of his life, he was still grateful for the little spark of good still in it. He had been a spoiled prince in his youth but now had to make due with living in a small little cottage as he slowly but surely abandoned all hope of his life returning to what it was. Despite that, he made sure to take good care of Miracle Maker and in no time at all, came to love him as his own son. As Blueblood continued to sit by the fire and think, Miracle was doing some thinking of his own about Twilight Sparkle and her grand accomplishments.

"If only she was still alive," Miracle said to himself as he looked through a scrapbook he made. Most of them drawings of his hero's accomplishments, such as her defeat of Nightmare Moon, the reimprisonment of Discord, and the defeat of Tirek just to name a few. "If she was alive today, she could defeat Witchcraft." Miracle said as he looked at the drawing of the mare he considered his hero ever since he could remember, he wished so much that he could have met her and talked to her. But he would soon get off that train of thought.

"AAAAA!" a scream from outside was made out of nowhere, it nearly made Miracle jump right out of his chair. He looked out of his window that was right next to his bed to see just what made the noise. As he did he saw a a small group of shadow ponies that were standing within the woods, not too far away from his house.

"It's them again," Miracle whispered to himself as he continued to look. There had been several sightings of the shadow ponies not too far away from the village, but this was definitely the closest any of them had gotten to the village. Nopony knew what they were or where they came from but many believed that they were servants of Witchcraft, and that they were looking for something that he wanted.

"Is she all right?" One of the ponies outside asked as he was standing next to an injured mare, who looked like she got into a fight with the shadow ponies. Next to her were several other ponies who also lived in the village that were holding special lanterns that kept the shadow ponies at bay. On top of several bruises, she was in serious pain because of a highly painful bite mark on one of her back legs. The other ponies had to act quickly to bandage the injury in order to stop the bleeding. 1 pony ran behind a tree to vomit because he thought he saw part of her bone, the bite was quite deep.

"No she isn't, we need to find a doctor and fast," one of the ponies around the mare said while holding the lantern very closely.

What was known about these creatures is that light from the lanterns forced them back, but after all this time their light was starting to fade. Even Miracle knew about this. As a result, the shadow ponies were able to get closer and attack the village, each time they were harder and harder to fight off. Miracle was young but he was smart and knew things would only get worse and worse as time went on, he knew he had to do something. Miracle opened his door and made his way downstairs to see if his Uncle Blueblood heard the scream, but he had already fallen asleep by the fireplace.

"Charmed I'm sure," Blueblood said in his sleep as he was once again remembering happier times.

"He's asleep, I'm doing it tonight," Miracle said to himself. He then made his way upstairs and got his saddlebag. He filled it with books and food, things he would need for the journey he was about to make. After filling up the saddlebag he got out a piece of paper and quill. Then he used his horn to give him some light. He then made his way out of the cottage and out of the village. He looked back at the village 1 last time before running off, vanishing into the night.

Morning came and when Blueblood went to wake up his nephew, all he found was a letter on his desk.

Dear Uncle Blueblood, by the time you read this I'll be gone. I'm sorry to have to sneak off like this, but I knew if I told you to your face you wouldn't let me go. I've barely set a hoof outside of our village, but even I know how large and great the suffering is for all ponies and I'm going off to put a stop to all of it. I've been thinking about this for a while now and the more I put it off the worse things will get, if I don't try to stop this suffering, who will?

I fully understand if this upsets/scares you but please don't look for me. There's no point in both of us putting ourselves in danger. Please trust that I'll be okay and will return to you after my journey is complete and I won't be the only thing. I believe in my heart that I can do what I have set out to do and when it's over, harmony will return to Equestria once again.