• Published 13th Aug 2021
  • 301 Views, 1 Comments

Tales of the Element Gang, Book 1: Heroes of Equestria - Power of Six



All-new friends, all-new lessons, all-new powers! The Element Gang is back and is better than ever! With many changes coming to Equestria, the lives of Dusk and his friends are filled with all sorts of surprises. Just what will our heroes discover?

  • ...
 1
 301

Prologue

Dusk’s log

As I go on with my second year of living in Ponyville, I can’t help but look back at the events that would change my life, as well the life of my friends, forever. Who would’ve thought that such a good day could go so wrong in such short time? Though I guess that’s how it works in life, especially when you’re dealing with someone who can do something like that. A while ago, Equestria was being threatened by Discord, the Lord of Chaos, who had broken free of his stone imprisonment to reign chaos over the land. In light of this, me and my friends had to split up with the girls heading to Canterlot under the orders of Princess Celestia to once again use the Elements of Harmony and defeat Discord and me and the guys staying behind to protect Ponyville from Discord. It wasn’t long until I received a message from Princess Luna, a task that to find something that she believed could help us defeat Discord. With this, Shield, Dog, Leon, and I went to the Castle of the Two Pony Sisters, the original castle of Princess Luna and Princess Celestia as well as the very place where the prophecy of my Fire Dragon predecessor on the return of Nightmare Moon came true.

As we were searching, the girls had come to deal with their own problem: from arriving in Canterlot, they found out that Discord had stolen the Elements and hid them somewhere. With only given a riddle as their only clue, they all tried to find the Elements. Both searches came to bare their consequences. With searching the castle’s labyrinth, the girls were separated and Discord had managed to use his powers to alter them into becoming opposite to their own nature: Applejack becoming a liar, Rarity turned delusional with greed, Pinkie Pie made cyanic, Fluttershy transformed into a jerk, and Rainbow Dash losing her sense of loyalty. To make matters worse, I had gotten separated from my group as well and was nearly corrupted by Discord. Luckily, I was able to resist and had managed to break from him. But the draconequus still had one more trick up his sleeve: he managed to infect me with Black Blood, a fluid of which driven ponies into absolute madness.

Before succumbing to the madness, I soon got some help from Luna’s Darkrai and the Legendary Pokémon Dialga. The Legendary sent me back in time to the moment the girls defeated Nightmare Moon and where I discovered I had played a part in their victory by using my magic to help the girls find each other. It was there that I had found what Luna sent me to find and bared witness to the girls using the Elements of Harmony for the first time. After accomplishing both tasks from the princess and the Legendary, I returned to the present and was reunited with the guys. Giving them what Twilight and the others needed, I then took off to find a way to rid myself of the Black Blood. Failing to find such a cure, I ventured outside of Ponyville to where I could try and stop my corruption from being completed.

I did try hard to fight the madness, but lost in the end and transformed into a cruel and terrible Kishin that called himself Diablo Nightfall the Blackhole of Doom, who’s cruelty, fury, and hatred knew no bounds. Though, with the help of Princess Luna and Dragonis Maximus, I was able to fight back against my dark side and free myself from Black Blood Madness. Now Dusk Noir once again, I reunited with the guys and we went off to help bring the girls back together. Doing such a task, I came to discover powers I didn’t know I had within my own magic, powers of which I then used to restore Twilight and the others back to their true selves. Though we did run into some trouble, we received some help from the friends we made in the past, friends such as Spike, Zecora, Little Strongheart, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Gold Star, even my royal cousin Hearth Forest. It was thanks to our friends that we were able to fight back against Discord’s forces and were able to confront the draconequus.

But, just when it seemed it was over, we were shocked to find the Elements of Harmony fail to bring down Discord. We all tried to fight him, but Discord was just too strong. Just when all hope seemed lost, I soon realized what Luna had meant and knew what we were missing. From that very moment, I embraced my destiny and become who I was meant to be: the Wielder of the seventh Element of Harmony, the Element of Unity! Together, both elementals and wielders, my friends and I unleashed the true power of the Elements and turned Discord back to stone. Harmony defeating chaos and Equestria was saved once again. Though I was going to miss my necklace and wasn’t too crazy about wearing a crown instead of my trebly, I had managed to gain some things in the process.

From our victory, my cutie mark had come to change as I embrace my true talent in my color magic. Along with it, Luna had decided to take me under her wing and teach me to master my color talent as her student. From the celebration in Canterlot, Dragonis told the Element Gang secret and my fellow elementals and I revealed ourselves as the very heroes who helped bring down Discord, the true identities of the land’s protectors revealed to all of Equestria. Though the biggest surprise yet was one of which I had always wished for. The night of that celebration, I confessed my true feelings to Twilight, how I cared about as more than a friend. From that moment, Twilight told me she had felt the same and, despite her thoughts on romance, she was willing to give it a chance with me. As such, our love blossomed and the two of us took our first step in our relationship beyond friendship.

Even though things have changed for us since the secret got out and now everypony knows the true about the Element Gang, even with the newfound fame and popularity, there are still things that stayed the same. Even with our secret identities revealed to everypony, my teammates and I continue our lives as usual: the air elemental and wielder of the Element of Generosity Raritina Turbor, better known as Rarity, continues her work at the Boutique and strides to become a great fashionista as well show elegance like her alter ego Torna; our water elemental Leon Aquilous still helps with Fluttershy at the cottage and doesn’t let the mare fan base he gained as Posidacus get in the way of that; Shield Steedor the earth elemental still practices tricks with Rainbow Dash, the fame of Apolloid now his own; wielder of the Element of Laughter Pinkimina Diane Pie, or Pinkie Pie for short, keeps up as the best party planner out there and even uses her abilities as the lightning elemental ShockBlade to work in some new trick; Dog Fries, the honest ice elemental, working at the Apple Farm and even putting Icedra’s ninja agility to good use; and me, the wielder of the Element of Unity Dusk Noir, now start my life being the second assistant and boyfriend of Twilight Sparkle while continuing my duty as El Dragon and leader of the Element Gang.

If anything, things have gotten pretty good since then. In fact, since our secret has been revealed, there had been a lot less crime out in about. Despite a few rescue missions here and there, the team and I have been able to take it easy. Of course, we still train to make sure we’re ready for anything as always. But just like any other day as the Element Gang, we always stay diligent. You never know, something new can be waiting just outside the corner…

Author's Note:

Well, there's Dusk's latest log entry, showing everything up to now. With a little look back on what had happened and how much has changed, it can be easy to say that life in Equestria will be a little different for the Element Gang as they continue their hero duties as well as their lives. Speaking of a little different, let's just see how things are different for Dusk now, especially for how what has happened to him affects how he does things.