• Published 29th Jul 2021
  • 1,524 Views, 69 Comments

To Equestria And Beyond (Rewrite In Progress) - NightFurySpeedey8156

  • ...
21
 69
 1,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Midnight Snack Attack

Night Fury awoke to a dark room and his stomach grumbling. He looked around the room in confusion, not knowing what to do with himself now that he was wide awake. He didn't want to go out of his room and just parade around the castle looking for a midnight snack, but another growl from his tummy insisted. Night Fury opened the door to his room and looked around, no idea where the kitchen was in any sense, but he decided to just follow his nose and see if he could find his way.

He began walking down the dark halls aimlessly. The moon gave him plenty of light for his keen eyes to see, even filtered through the windows. He made turn after turn down every hall he came across, passing the occasional night guard and greeting them as he passed by.

But something interrupted his quiet stroll, and he pricked his ears up to focus on the sound of somepony humming nearby. It sounded like a song, ringing with a soothing tone that he had never heard before. Along with his trek to find a midnight snack, he now had a new mission: find this mystery singer.

He turned left at an intersection and halted. He’d found the source of the humming… it was Luna. She was walking towards him from the other end of the hall, looking out into the night, humming a sweet tune to herself. Night Fury's face flushed red, realizing who he’d been listening in on, not expecting the source of the humming to be her, of all ponies. It would be awkward if she saw him avoiding her, so he hesitantly started walking forward, his padded paws making his steps almost completely silent as he got closer. Night Fury took a silent breath and closed his eyes, collecting his thoughts on what he was going to say. These thoughts were soon interrupted though as he felt something pressing up against his nose. Opening his eyes, he was met with a black peytral with a moon on it. It took a moment for his brain to register that what he was looking at was attached to Luna, and when his gaze met her own the burning of his cheeks intensified. Luna gasped at seeing the now blushing feline in front of her, she would have never expected him to be awake so late into the night. Night Fury wished to speak to Luna and apologize for bumping into her, but before he was able to speak, her eyes began to show confusion as she waved a hoof in front of his face.

"Hello, are you awake?" Luna spoke, Night Fury's eyes widened as she spoke, his brain going into panic as he realized just how close he was to the princess… He yowled as well as a cat can and fell on his back, his eyes darting all over trying to find an escape. Not seeing any good way out, he turned his attention to the lunar princess standing over him, smiling in embarrassment. Seeing just how much of a fool he made out of himself.

"H-hi your highness. No, I’m not sleepwalking. Just… distracted."

Night Fury stammered over his words, looking up at the radiant princess that towered above him. “You look beautiful by the way.” Luna smiled, blushing slightly at the expense of his embarrassing situation. She proceeded to cover her cheek with a hoof to hide her blush as she lit her horn and put him back on all fours.

"Why thank you, I wouldn't have expected you to be awake. But please, no need for formality, call me Luna," she spoke.

Night Fury rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at the princess in front of him, emotions going all over the place as he tried to find the words to speak what he needed to say.

"Right, I'll remember that." Fury said softly, still feeling sheepish from the mere presence of the pony before him.

"May I ask why you are awake as late as The Princess Of The Night?" She asked curiously.

"Well I didn't really have a clue why I was awake until-" Before Night Fury could finish, his stomach growled, echoing through the hall, making the lunar princess jump a little. Night Fury blushed as the sound hit his ears, embarrassed at the interruption.

"Until that happened." He squeaked, not having anything left in him after embarrassing himself in front of Luna… twice!

"Ah, I see." The princess said with a straight face, or trying to at least.

"So you’re the princess of the night, right? Would that also make you the princess of midnight snacks?"

Night Fury's joke immediately got a response from Luna, proceeding to fall into a full on laughing fit as his words hit her ears. Night Fury's face turned red at the sound of her laugh, his emotions going haywire as the cute sound filled his head with pure bliss. As soon as Luna was able to compose herself, she spoke.

“As it so happens, I usually stash some food away before they lock up the pantries for the night, but today, with all the wedding preparations, I’m afraid I forgot.”

"Well, I didn't think that something as casual as a pantry would be kept under lock and key. But if that is the case, I do have another idea." Night Fury said, motioning for Luna to come closer.

Curious, Luna took a few steps and craned her neck down until she was eye level with him, confused as to why he wanted her so close. Night Fury moved his head towards Luna's ear and began to whisper his plan to her.

"I happen to personally know of a cake that isn't being kept under lock and key." Fury whispered with a mischievous grin.

Luna wore a look of confusion for a few seconds before snapping back at attention, now realizing what Night Fury was talking about. Luna pulled her head back up, returning to her full height as she quietly gasped and looked at the now smirking feline in shock. Night Fury read Luna's expression carefully and could see that she wasn't expecting him to want to take from Cadence's wedding cake. She wasn't expecting him to want to go that far just for a midnight snack, but having not really had the chance to get to know him, she couldn’t say she expected anything at all.

"Fury, that is Princess Cadence's wedding cake, we cannot just go and grab a slice of her cake!" Luna scolded, just barely keeping her voice above a whisper.

"Yeah, you're right. But if I don't grab something soon… *growl* … I'm gonna have to listen to this one all night," Night Fury retorted, gesturing towards his growling stomach.

Luna looked at him with a scowl, ashamed of his blatant lack of consideration, at least until her own stomach started growling. Luna blushed at the sound of her hunger, turning her face away from the feline in front of her with an embarrassed smile.

"It seems like I am not the only one who is hungry, Luna?" he said smugly. "You sure you would not mind a tasty midnight treat?"

Luna was about to object but as she heard her stomach growl again, she had a change of mind.

"You seem to be right, perhaps we could take a small slice or two from the back…” She reluctantly agreed, Night Fury smiling gleefully at her response.

"Great. Now c'mon, let's go get ourselves a midnight snack!" he whispered.

Luna smiled and followed his lead while guiding him in the right direction. Sneaking around at night reminded her of her fillyhood. She didn't know why he wanted to take the lead in getting to their goal, but she had a feeling it wasn’t just to get it done quickly.

After making turns down many hallways, casually walking past many guards, and tiptoeing past Cadence and Celestia's rooms, the two came to the entrance to the royal kitchen where the wedding cake was being kept. They stood in front of the double doors, looking out for any signs of wakeful ponies.

"The cake is in an industrial sized fridge at the back, but we must proceed with caution. My sister and Cadence's rooms are nearby, so we have to be as quiet as possible," said the lunar pony. Night Fury's eyes stayed locked on the doors to the kitchen and didn't move as he took into consideration how small the margin of error was for this "mission".

"Luna, please, I am built for sneaking around. Something like this is child's play for me. But enough stalling, let's get in there before either of our stomachs start complaining again." Night Fury joked.

The two slowly walked to the doors and pushed them open, revealing the large kitchen inside. Night Fury's eyes widened in amazement as he and Luna walked in; The doors they came through closed behind them with a low creak. The kitchen was a huge space, stoves and cabinets lining the walls from the door and into the darkness that stretched deep inside. Luna stayed silent for the moment, only focused on staying as quiet as possible. Night Fury started to whisper.

"Wow, this is one big kitchen. I've never seen anything like this in my life." Night Fury said, looking around the room in awe.
Luna smiled at his amazement as they kept walking through the kitchen in the dark, keeping as quiet as possible until they reached the fridge.

"Alright, Night Fury, this is it. Are you ready? There is no turning back after this." Luna inquired in a soft voice, Night Fury nodded and swallowed nervously.

"I will admit that I'm a little nervous, but let's do it!" Night Fury responded in a whisper.

They both seized the refrigerator door and pulled it open, light pouring out into the kitchen and casting the gigantic cake in silhouette. Night Fury began drooling, the cake looking absolutely tantalizing.

“It’s… even more beautiful than I remember,” Night Fury said in awe, a drop of drool falling from his lip.

"You are not wrong, this does look delicious. But let's not just look at it, let's grab what we came here for."Luna said.

They grabbed the cart by the handle and pulled, heaving the giant cake out of the fridge and out into the open air. As soon as the cake was out of the fridge, the scent of the giant dessert began to waft towards Fury's nose. The smell of chocolate and nutmeg danced around him and drew him closer to the cake, leaving him in a daze as he started to lean forward. Luna did much the same as she levitated two plates and a knife from the cabinet behind her and drew it in front of them.

"Alright, there's one slice for me and one slice for you. That should be enough for each of us." As Luna spoke, she cut out two slices of cake from the back and slowly and carefully levitated them onto the plates.

Night Fury sat down on the tile floor and held up his paws, the slice being placed into his grasp with the utmost care. He smiled wide and licked his lips as his long awaited midnight snack was now in his grasp, ready to be eaten. Luna soon joined him with her own slice in her magic, sitting across from him with the cake just between them.

Night Fury looked at the cake on his plate and licked his lips as he imagined the taste of it, wondering how much he would want after the first slice. He took a moment to look at Luna and back at the slice in front of him, going back and forth between the two before looking at Luna and saying…

"Don't judge me, I'm hungry."

… Before going head first into the slice and taking a big bite out of it before bringing his head back up. Luna laughed beautifully, but her stomach decided she’d waited long enough to snack. It growled fiercely, filling the kitchen with noise and causing both Fury and herself to freeze.

“Do you think that woke anyone up?” Fury whispered. Just as he finished his sentence, Princess Celestia and Cadence both burst through the door. The sun princess stared into the darkness as the two froze in place, hoping against hope that they wouldn’t be seen.

"Does that answer your question?" Luna asked sarcastically.

"Sure does." Night Fury quietly whimpered.

"Do you think they can see us?" Luna whispered, not wanting to give them away.

"Don't think so, I think our coats are too dark for them to see us."

“True, but I can still hear you." Celestia responded. Luna and Fury snapped out of their relief as the solar goddess lit up the room with her horn to reveal the two cake thieves in all their frosting covered glory. By the time Celestia's spell had exposed Luna and Fury, Cadence had joined them in this standoff and gasped at the scene of the crime before Celestia spoke up.

"Well, well, well, looks like you two couldn't resist trying to get some for yourselfs, now could you?" Celestia said, smirking at the perpetrators of this daring heist.

Night Fury began to panic, he was face to face with not only the bride, but one of the rulers of Equestria itself!

"Uh, oh, busted… what are the chances of us getting away?" Night Fury said, a mix of confidence and fear in his voice.

"Well, that's easy enough for me to do. I've been in plenty of troubles like this. Although frankly, I'm not so sure about you making it out." Luna stated bluntly.

Night Fury's jaw dropped at Luna's blatant lack of sympathy, did she really not care if he was caught? Fury soon regained his focus as he saw that the two other princesses were closing in on them.

"Uh, if we are going to try and escape, now would be the time." Night Fury said.

Luna didn't respond to his statement, she just teleported out of the room in a blue flash. Night Fury flinched at the sudden flash as she disappeared in a matter of seconds, surprised that she could even do what she did. All alone, he turned his attention back to the princesses in front of him and jumped slightly at how close they were to him, rushing backwards until he hit the door of the fridge and froze.

"I don't think you have any way of getting out of here, you might as well give up." Celestia said, eyeing the feline in front of her with a rather evil looking smile.

Night Fury's eyes were going everywhere in the room to find a way out, hopefully landing on some way he could escape… until he realized something. He had an old trick from his childhood that he used to use on his mom whenever he was about to get tickled by her, and it always worked. He wasn't sure if it would work in this case, considering he was going to use it on the most powerful being in Equestria, but he had no other option.

"Ok, so this is how it's gonna go down then, huh? Well, game on!"

He confidently said as he took a stance low to the ground, preparing for the chaos that was probably about to ensure. He curled up into a ball and started to spin up, red arcane energy flowing around him as he started to spin faster. The two royals stopped in their tracks as they saw what was happening in front of them, raising eyebrows at Night Fury's antics as he gained speed. He spun faster and faster by the second, the red energy around him getting brighter as he powered up until… he let go.

Like a cannonball shooting out of a cannon, he took off from a standstill at breakneck speeds, blasting past the two princesses with no time wasted. Night Fury flew down the dark hall, lighting up the way with a red glow as all the stored energy was released. He soon came to the end of the hallway and popped out of his balled-up form and skidded to a stop just before the curtains that hung behind him. Celestia and Cadence were slack-jawed at how fast Night Fury took off as they turned to look at the now glowing feline staring back at them. Night Fury took a few deep breaths, the adrenaline rush still flowing through his body as he looked on at where he came from. He stood proudly at the end of the hall and smiled deviously at the two royals, having just outplayed them flawlessly with seemingly no effort.

"I told you it was game on! If you want to get me back, you're gonna have to catch me!" Fury said, laughing deviously as he took off down another hallway with nothing more than a wink, racing through the dark castle with nothing to guide him but his own instinct. The two princesses stood in the doorway to the kitchen, processing what just happened in that moment as they had no idea Night Fury could do what he had just done. This moment didn't last long as Cadence soon gained her focus and spoke up, ready to get back at her cake thieves.

"Alright, enough stalling, let's get those two cake snatchers! You get Luna, I'll go for Night Fury."

She said triumphantly as she took to the air and started the chase. Celestia watched as her niece flew after her suspect of choice, nodding as she took no further delay in going after her sister. And so, the chase was on! Night Fury ran like the wind as he blasted past guards, hurling what felt like gail-force winds in his wake; almost knocking said guards off of their hooves as he flew by. Night Fury smiled as he kept running, feeling like the most sly cat in existence. He had to admit, he never would have thought he would have gotten away from Cadence and Celestia with such ease; then again, they probably didn't even know that he could do that little trick in the first place. His enjoyment of the situation was short lived though as he heard a voice from behind him that sent a chill down his spine…

"Night Fury, come back here!"

…It was Cadence. Night Fury's face went pale, fear filling his mind as he heard the princess of love call from behind him. He took a look behind him to see none other than the bride herself flying after him, a crazy grin strewn across her face as she gained on him.

"🎶You can't get away from me!🎶"

Cadence sang, closing the distance between her and Night Fury. The cake-munching feline started to sweat bullets, feeling the pressure of having Cadence on his tail; He was surprised that she would be able to keep up with him, but what could he expect from one of the most powerful beings in Equestria, especially since Cadence was originally a pegasus before she became royalty, giving her that little bit of an edge at fast flight. Luckily for Night Fury, he wasn't going full force. He focused on his speed, concentrating on his power and upping the intensity. He started to glow brighter, an audible whirring noise echoing through the halls as he continued running. Cadence winced at the bright red light coming from Night Fury, squinting slightly as her vision was filled with his blinding aura.

The whirring soon reached its peak, the glowing light seizing its increase in intensity. Night Fury took a deep breath, letting himself relax as she took one final step; impacting the floor on all fours before taking off with a blast. Night Fury shot away like a bullet, sending a shockwave thundering behind him as he left Cadence behind. Powerful winds erupted from the blast, causing Cadence to lose her balance and start losing control of her flight path. She flailed helplessly as she spun out, eventually colliding with one of the tapis curtains and getting tangled.

Cadence's eyes spun in her head, seeing stars everywhere as she sat stuck in the curtains upside down; she shook off the dizziness and lit her horn, teleporting out of her predicament and on to her hooves once more. She looked down the now dark hallway and saw that Night Fury had completely disappeared, nowhere to be seen in either direction; in front or behind. The pink princess wore a look of disbelief as she realized how fast Night Fury got away, she couldn't believe that she lost him that quickly. But never with all of these thoughts running around in her head, she only had one thing to say…

"Okay, this is gonna be harder than I thought."

… Before she took off again to search for the one who got away.

Meanwhile, in another part of the castle…

Luna casually strolled through the castle halls, having gotten away from the scene of the crime fast enough that her sister hadn't found her yet. She took a moment to think about how her accomplice was doing, wondering where he could be getting out of the royal kitchen, if he got out.

"Hm, I wonder how Night Fury is faring. I hope he didn't get caught. I probably should not have been so blunt about his chances of getting away, after all he's probably more agile than anypony."

Luna thought, genuinely concerned for her feline friend and how he was doing. These thoughts didn't last long though as a thundering boom instantly snapped her out of her train of thought, the loud sound spooking her and making her jump slightly. Luna's eyes widened in surprise as the sudden eruption echoed throughout the castle, her head turning in every direction in a state of panic; was the castle being attacked again, surely there was no way that a second attempt at sabotaging the wedding could be happening now.

That question was quickly answered as a red blur came into view in front of her and started closing the distance, and fast. Thinking it a powerful enemy, Luna assumed a defensive stance, forming a shield spell and lighting her horn with a combat spell at the ready. The red blur was moving fast, getting closer and closer to Luna, then it started to fizzle out. The lunar princess cocked her head at the strange sight, it seemed to be slowing down; it was as if it, whatever it was, knew she was there. Her confusion was soon sated once she could get a good look at the face of what, or in this case, who was coming towards her. It was Night Fury.

The princess was speechless at what she had just witnessed. Night Fury was moving faster than any creature she had ever seen, even she had to admit that she would probably lose in a race to him with how fast he was going. Maybe even faster than a Wonderbolt. Soon enough, Night Fury's glow fizzled out completely, revealing his sleek form as he slowed to a stop in front of Luna's shield.

Night Fury was taking deep breaths at all the energy he had expended. He looked up at Luna in her bubble shield and smirked as he had just proved the lunar princess wrong.

"So what was that about my chances, Your Highness?" Fury said smugly.

Luna was speechless for a moment.

"U-u-unbelievable!" Luna said, astonished. "I have never witnessed such speed in all of my millennia of life." Luna admitted, lowering her shield and extinguishing the combat spell she had ready.

"How are you capable of such feats?"

"Well it's not just me, it's my whole race. I was the fastest one out of all of my tribe back home." Fury explained.

"Tribe? You mean that there were different communities made of your species?" Luna inquired, intrigued by Night Fury's wording of his home life.

"Yeah, our species has spread out across multiple lands and have adapted to different lifestyles. I don't remember much from back then, but I think there were about three tribes of my kind in the forest that we resided in."

"Amazing! I always assumed there were few of you left considering how long it has been since we have made contact with your kind."

"Well, I would imagine that it has been a while since anyone has made contact with us. We have been very untrusting of other creatures ever since 'The Cragodile Incident' ". Night Fury said with a grimace on his face. Luna's expression saddened slightly as she saw her friend didn't look happy and spoke up about what happened.

"What do you mean by 'The Cragodile Incident?'" Luna asked curiously.

"Well, I guess I could tell you. You see, it all started when-" Before Night Fury could begin his explanation of what happened, a problem struck, or rather two problems struck.

"There you two are!" A voice shouted from a distance. Luna and Night Fury froze at the sound of the familiar voice.

Cadence and Celestia finally caught up to the two thieves.They were exhausted but had evil grins on their faces. They were finally going to enact vengeance on the midnight snackers. Night Fury turned his head to the right to see Cadence and Celestia at one end of the hall, their wings unfurled and ready to take off at a moment's notice.

"That was an impressive display of speed you did there." Cadence admitted. "But I have a feeling you have used up your special talent."

"Oh you think I'm done," Night Fury challenged, flashing red for a moment to show he still had something in him. "Take your best shot, you pretty pink bride-to-be, Ha!" Night Fury taunted, Cadence scrunched up her muzzle at the taunting as she started to go red in the face in anger.

"Oh, you may be confident now, but just wait until I get my hooves on you." Cadence asserted strongly, taking a more aggressive stance.

Luna whispered into the feline's ear. "Please tell me you have a trick up your sleeve and not just bluffing. Cadence is friendly but she can be very ferocious when pushed, if what her groom says is true, especially with weddings." Luna warned.

"Don't worry I have a plan. We just wait for them to charge at us, we jump out of the way, they crash into each other and are left dizzy, then we make our escape. Easy peasy." Night Fury said confidently.

"Well let us hope it works." said Luna.

Meanwhile Cadence was readying up her pre-flight stance. She was going to use her last bit of speed to take these two down.

"Now Cadence, let's not go too hard on them. They only took a few slices of cake after all." Celestia said in a calm voice. This calm demeanor would soon vanish as Night Fury decided to take things one step further.

"Hey Princess Celestia, are you sure you're gonna be able to take us down? I mean, you are thousands of years old, do you even still have it in you?" Night Fury mocked, taking his chances with his plan to new highs. "Especially with all that cake you eat." He added.

Cadence and Luna both wore shocked expressions as Night Fury's insult hit their ears, the deliverer of said insult smirking in Celestia's direction. Princess Celestia's face soon turned red at the insult as her eye started to twitch. Both Luna and Night Fury swore that they heard a steam whistle go off from Celestia's ears as she realized what the cheeky feline had said.

"Ohhhh it's really on now! Cadence, get them!" Celestia now just as infuriated as Cadence said.

"With pleasure." Cadence grinned menacingly at Celestia's command. The two princesses took off from where they were standing and began flying towards the two midnight snackers at extreme speed. Night Fury took the time to whisper to Luna what they should do, discreetly keeping the plan between them.

"Alright, on the count of three, we jump. Got it?" Night Fury asked.

"Got it." Luna replied as the pair of thieves faced opposite directions, preparing for what they had planned to be set into motion.

"One…"

The two princesses got closer…

"Two…"

They were now only a few seconds away from Luna and Night Fury…

"Three!"

And as they got within a foot of them, the two of them jumped high into the air. Avoiding being pounced on by just milliseconds, Celestia and Cadence missed and were instead lunging into a pile of cakes.

"That actually worked…" Luna said half surprised and half relieved.

"Yep but I think we should shere less time admiring our success and get out of here!"

"Good idea, let's go." Luna replied.

The two friends took off down the hall, disappearing into the darkness of the castle. Cadence and Celestia both poked their head out of the pile of now splattered cakes and looked on into the darkness, having completely lost the two cake snatchers in the dark of night.

"That Night Fury is one quick fellow. And I never took Luna to be the mischievous sort." Cadence remarked with both annoyance and amusement.

Celestia lightly laughed.

"Luna is not as icy as you might think. I know she has a mischievous side even if she hides it. Even I have my moments." Celestia chuckled. "Sometimes it takes someone to uncover that side."

"To be completely honest, I thought you were gonna destroy that cat after that insult. You looked like you were a raging bull seeing red, not to mention that your face was a rather bright shade of the same color." Cadence remarked.

"He definitely hit my weakness. Even my love of cake." Celestia grinned. "Quite genius, he manipulated my weak points. That's the sign of a good trickster."

"Well, what can you expect from a black cat? They are bad luck."

Celestia chuckled at this.

"Well that's for sure." Celestia gave an evil smile. "But it can also mean bad luck for him next time. We'll get him next time. It's time for my old prankster self to come back."

"Oh I see. Heh heh heh." Cadence also laughed nefariously.

"So what will we do about this cake we're in?" Cadence asked.

"Well as I always say. Indulge." Celestia proceeded to eat some of the cake around them.

"Of course." Cadence said amused.

Meanwhile, near Night Fury's room…

Luna and Night Fury slowed down their pace as they reached his room, panting and huffing as they had been running from what felt like forever.

"That… that was… close." Night Fury said breathlessly.

"I cannot believe I just did all of that." Luna said, surprised.

"I'm sorry I put you through all this insanity. I guess I'm just the type who loves to have some fun."

"Well it was quite insane." Luna admitted. "It felt extremely immature and childish. And yet…"

"I had a lot of fun." Luna said with a genuine smile.

"Well I'm glad you did, I honestly didn't think that you would be this way. I don't think anyone would have expected you to act this way out of the public eye." Night Fury said.

"Well I usually am a bit… shy." Luna admitted.

"I could imagine why, I mean, only being awake during the night, not having a lot of ponies to talk to, always having to hold yourself up with a regal mask every time something diplomatic comes up…" Night Fury listed off.

"I can't even begin to fathom how hard it is to do that every single day, or night, in your case." Luna could see that Fury was being genuinely sympathetic towards her and smiled sweetly, she had never had somepony actually compliment her in such a way outside of officials and the Canterlot Elites.

"Well you get used to it." Luna said. "But I am grateful to have someone give me a chance to relax."

Luna then smirked mischievously.

"And best of all you gave me a chance to get payback for all the times Celestia pranked me." Luna said smugly.

"Well, technically we pranked Cadence by sneaking some slices of cake. But, sure, you could say that." Night Fury said with a smile.

Luna returned the gesture kindly, she was having a good time with him. Although the way they got to know each other was rather unorthodox, she was glad that it all ended up working out.

"Well, tonight's been fun, but I think it's about time I get back to sleep. I'm feeling pretty tired now." Night Fury said before attempting to stifle a yawn with a paw.

"It's ok, I need to get some shut eye myself anyway." Luna responded, Night Fury smiled at the lunar princess as he opened the door to his room and walked inside, ready to get some sleep.

"Hey, Night Fury?" Luna called

"Yeah?" Luna did not answer Fury's response the way he expected. Instead of verbally answering him, she just walked towards him and hugged him. Night Fury wasn't expecting Luna to just hug him out of the blue, especially since he was still rather new to making friends. His face went red as he felt her embrace him, her soft fur brushing up against his own. Night Fury's mind went all over the place as Luna held him in her hooves, random thoughts popping up here and there without any warning.

"She's so soft, it's like hugging an angel."

"Has this all been a dream, because this doesn't feel real!"

"Could this be the start of a marriage?!?"

"What, no! She's a princess you weirdo!"

"But this could mean something!"

"No , this is wrong! You can't just say that to her, what would she think of you then?!"

"But I want to though!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"Um, Night Fury?" Luna butted in

"Huh, W-what?" Night Fury responded, having been knocked out of his train of thought.

"You can let go now." Luna said, an amused tone in her voice. Night Fury's mind returned to reality, allowing him to gain control of himself and release the pony he had in his embrace. He looked up at the Princess Of The Night with a blush still on his face, causing a giggle to come from her lips.

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry! I wasn't in my right mind, I didn't mean to-" Before Fury could finish his apology, Luna's hoof stopped him in his tracks.

"Relax, it's ok. No harm done." Luna reassured the panicking feline. Night Fury's emotions soon calmed down as Luna's words gave him some good faith that he didn't make a mistake. He let out a sigh of relief as he looked up at Luna with a calmer expression.

"Ok, that's good. I was worried that I did something bad." Night Fury said, a nervous chuckle following soon after.

"No, you are quite alright." Luna assured him.

"Well, now that that's over, I think it's about time we went our separate ways." Night Fury said

"Yes, I believe so. The wedding is tomorrow after all. Wouldn't want to show up drowsy, now would we? Luna joked, eliciting a chuckle from her friend.

"No, we wouldn't." He said, Luna smiled as she turned to leave, walking out of the door to Night Fury's room and stopping.

"Night Fury?" She called

"Yes?" He answered

"Thank you for the good time."

"You're welcome, Luna." Fury replied, closing the door as Luna walked off. He turned around and climbed into bed, pulling the covers up to his chest as he thought about what happened tonight. He had to admit, he hadn't expected to have done such a thing in his entire life. It was quite the jarring experience, being chased by the bride of a wedding, making jokes with and at Princess Celestia, and having done it all with Luna as an accomplice. The things that happened tonight were things that he was sure were going to stick with him forever, but he didn't let that keep him from getting a good night's sleep as he drifted off to the realm of dreams. As tomorrow was a new day, a new day in Equestria.

Author's Note:

PS: Spike isn't in the tags bc I'm at my max for tags

PPS: Sorry that I've been gone for so long

PreviousChapters Next