• Published 1st Aug 2021
  • 1,392 Views, 89 Comments

A Deal With The Devil - Dimitri2278



After the start of the conversion war. A mysterious rainbow maned Pegasus mare shows up to give aid to humanity. However, no one knows why, but one man is determined to find out.

  • ...
14
 89
 1,392

The Night Before

Aug 3rd, 2029
Location: Classified
2235

"Access Granted. Welcome, Rainbow Dash," replied the voice as an options menu appeared on the side of the screen. Rainbow then scrolled down until she came upon the "Connect to Main Computer" option and clicked on it. Once she did, "Connection in Progress..." appeared on the screen. Then, after a minute of waiting, the screen switched to a room with grey concrete walls lit by dim industrial panel lights that hung from a short roof. It was sparsely decorated, save for what appeared to be the top of a metal desk, a vending machine of all things, and a few chairs, tables, and a wooden door, above which sat a clock. At noting the vending machine, Rainbow shook her head. 'Of course, he had to put one in the Admin Staff Room while I was away.' She chuckled lightly to herself as she waited.

A few moments passed until a very pregnant orange mare with a dishevelled purple mane sticking out from under a black visor cap and wearing a white lab coat burst through the door at breakneck speed and flew over to the screen as quickly as she could. After narrowly avoiding a face-first collision, the mare took a few quick breaths before sticking her right hoof in the air while using the other to hold her up. "HAIL THE FLO-" she yelled out, only to be interrupted by Rainbow facehoofing while trying to hold back a chortle...and failing.

"Squirt, what did I tell you about saying that outside the factory?" Rainbow chuckled as she asked rhetorically, causing the other mare to go back to trying to catch her breath. Then, Rainbow glanced down to the mare's tummy. "Besides, I don't think that you rushing around is good for the little guy,"

"S-Sorry, Dash. I was, on the third floor, when you called," she answered as she tried to suck in as much air as she could between phrases, her wings ruffling with each breath.

Rainbow shook her head before looking back at her Lavender eyes. "It's alright. But you need to take better care of my nephew," she said as the orange mare's ears fell. "But, I have missed you, Scootaloo,"

At this, Scootaloo's ears perked up again as a slight smile appeared. "I missed you too, Dash," she began as she glanced to Rainbow's sides. "So, anyway, considering your wings are tied, I'm gonna guess you made it?"

Rainbow smirked. "Of course I did," she began in a cocky tone as she smirked before switching to a neutral expression. "How is everything on your end?"

It was Scootaloo's turn to smirk. "Well, since you left, general production is up 120%," she began as Rainbow's mouth hung open in disbelief, and she continued before Rainbow could interrupt. "As for the portal device, it's coming along slightly behind schedule and should be finished in a few days,"

Rainbow, by this point, had recovered her composure. "Well, I'm glad to hear my Husband has been looking after the corporation. Speaking of that, how is Operation Hummingbird coming along? Has he spoken with our friends in the ESS?"

Scootaloo's eye twitched in response. "W-well, now that you m-mention it, he's speaking with them now," she said as her eye twitched again, her voice stammered, and she seemed to gaze off into space as a disturbing grin found its way onto her lips. "B-By the way, Dash, I-I can not wait to help..."

Rainbow cleared her throat, causing Scootaloo to regain focus. "Hey, Scoots, how are Orion and the kids doing?" she began as she put a hoof to her chin. "Also...I think I need to get you back into therapy. Your twitching is getting worse,"

Scootaloo gave a short chortle in response. "Oh come on, Dash, it's not that bad," she began as she shifted to a thoughtful expression. "As for him... Ever since his promotion, I haven't seen him much at all. I get that it's for the good of the Flock, but it still doesn't change the fact that I miss him," she then sighed as a slight smile graced her muzzle. "The kids are doing well. Though I wish I had more time with them. But, I am sorta thankful for the nursery and school, since I'm not sure the main factory complex is for them to experience...yet," she finished with a dark snicker as she looked down and rubbed her tummy. "Isn't that right little guy?"

Rainbow shook her head as she held in a chuckle of her own. "Yes, it is Scoots, yes it is," she said in an encouraging tone. "Since we're on the subject... How are my offspring doing?"

Scootaloo waved her hoof as she smiled. "They're doing fine, Rainbow. In fact, I heard that Highflyer and Stormy just tied in first for the big summer race,"

At this, Rainbow facehooved. "Damn it, I forgot that was coming up," she said while trying not to yell. "Oh well... I'll congratulate them when I get back," she said as she put a hoof to her chin. "Hey, is Thunder still up?"

Scootaloo looked away for a moment, presumably at the clock, before looking back. "Well, his shift would have just ended, so he should still be up. You want to talk to him?" Rainbow nodded, and Scootaloo jumped off the chair and made her way out.
-

Aug 4th, 2029
Location: Classified
0001

[Cpt. Pereira quietly read over the notes he had jotted down as he waited for this Scootaloo to get whoever Thunder was. 'What does she mean by all these things? What is this portal device...Ugh, this keeps giving me more questions than answers,' he then scratched his chin in thought as a pony walked up to the screen. 'You know what? I'll play her little game. After all, confronting her will only get her to not trust us. So keep talking Rainbow, just keep talking,'
-

Aug 4th, 2029
Location: Classified
0005

Rainbow smiled as she saw a grey pony with a blue mane sticking out the back of a similar visor cap to the one Scootaloo was wearing. On his barrel, he wore a brown undershirt and black tie. Over which he sported a black jacket with white trim and a blue band on his left foreleg. He gave her a tired smile back as he jumped into the chair. "Hey, Mom," he said in a deep raspy voice. "Auntie said you wanted to see me?"

Rainbow looked him up and down before giving him a motherly grin. "Aw, you got all dressed up for me?" she asked in a sarcastic tone as he grimaced.

"Oh, come on, Mom. Besides, keeping this up is work all itself," he said as Rainbow pointed to his chest while stifling a giggle, and he looked down to see his tie was a little off to the side, causing Rainbow to let loose. "You love doing that, don't you?"

Rainbow quickly recovered before smiling again. "Well, as your mother, it's my job to help you. Though it was kinda funny waiting for you to see it," she said as he quickly fixed it.

He then snorted before looking back at her. "Now, is there anything else you would like to critique about my uniform?"

Rainbow shook her head. "No, I just wanna find out how my big colt is doing?"

He put a hoof to his chin. "Well...I've been pretty busy helping Dad with planning Operation Hummingbird. Not to mention helping Highflyer, Hailfire, Prism, and Stormy with their homework when my day shift is over," he began as he gave a slight groan. "And that's not even mentioning putting Gust, Specter, and Velvet to bed after the night shift," he shook his head before giving her a sarcastic scowl. "Seriously, Mom, I think you should stop having foals," he said in a sarcastic tone.

In response, Rainbow put a hoof to her barrel as she feigned a hurt expression. "You suggest preventing myself from raising the greatest generation of pegasi? How dare you," she said as he broke out into a chuckle as Rainbow snickered.

Once he recovered, he looked back to her. "So, Mom, how are you doing? Is everything going to plan?" he asked in a curious tone as she grinned.

"Yep, you can tell your father that we should soon have the support of the UN. Once we do, we can begin the offensive against Celestia,"

Thunder then beamed in excitement at the revelation. "I can't wait to tell him! Then we can give those sun worshippers what they deserve-" he said as ringing sounded, and he pulled up his foreleg and quickly frowned. "Sorry to cut this short...but the little ones need to be put to bed," he turned back to her and raised his right foreleg. "Hail the Flock!" he then pressed something on the computer, and the screen returned back to the previous menu screen.

Rainbow yawned as she hopped off the chair. "Well, I guess it's time to get some shut-eye," she said with a tired smile as she quickly retrieved the USB stick and shut off the computer and monitor. Once she was finished, she quietly made her way back to her room before locking the door and going to sleep.
-

Aug 4th, 2029
Location: Classified
0035

Cpt. Pereira could only sigh as the meeting ended. 'That was it? Well, looks like I've got a lot of unpacking to do,' With that, he began attempting to figure out what everything meant, seeing if he could find any connections. 'Wait, what does that symbol remind me of?' he asked himself as he pulled up screenshots of the symbols that had appeared on the uniform, visor caps, and the main menu. 'Wait, that symbol looks a lot like...' his eyes nearly exploded in realization. 'It can't be... can it?' he shook his head as he wiped the cold sweat that had started to pour from his brow. 'No, no...I-I need to get some sleep,' with this thought, he put his phone down and lay in his bed. As he did, he unbuttoned his jacket, and he pulled out a small, faded black and white picture of an old man wearing a suit and tie, behind which was a gate. This, he hugged close to his chest as a feeling of determination filled his entire being. 'I must find out what she is doing, and if it's what I think it is...I will stop her the moment this war comes to an end!'

Author's Note:

I wonder what she's up to? Though, I guess that's for you to figure out!