• Published 6th Aug 2021
  • 6,334 Views, 239 Comments

Get Him 3 - Lord Blackraven

  • ...
13
 239
 6,334

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Dealing with Dash

Dealing with Dash

Alexs next dream the following night was the Rainbow colored one. The one that would push him out a window way above the ground and watch with glee as he fell to his death in her game of “catch.”

In this particular dream Luna decided to bring in Rainbow Dash to watch what her bully tactics would bring her if she were to continue. She watched in horror as her nightmare self pushed Alex out the window. On instinct Rainbow tried to fly off to save him but was held back by Princess Luna.

“Watch, Rainbow Dash. Watch and learn.” Luna ordered.

Making Rainbow Dash watch this was bad enough. Alex just dropped back first his head looking at the sky. He didn’t bother screaming in terror or flailing his arms. The look on his face showed that he was resigned to his fate.

Just as Rainbow Dash couldn’t watch any longer, a yellow orange figure streaked seemingly out of nowhere and caught the dream Alex and landed him safely to the ground.

“Thanks! “ The grateful yet breathless young man said while he was on his hands and knees on the ground.

“No problem.” The yellow orange mare said. “Glad I could help! Although I have to know, how in the name of Equestria did you end up so far up in the sky with no wings and, if I may ask, what are you exactly? I have never seen one of your kind before.”

“My name is Alex.” Alex said as he got to his feet. “I am a human.”

Spitfire took a step back and marveled at how tall he was. “My! You are a tall one!” She exclaimed.

“So how did you end up falling from the sky?”

“I was pushed out a window up there.” He said pointing to a cloud formation. Spitfire looked at where he was pointing with a frown on her face.

Just at that moment, sadistic Rainbow came zooming down to the ground. Alex immediately took a step or two back and placed himself so that Spitfire was between him and Rainbow Dash. This sudden move was not lost on Spitfire. She could sense the human was afraid of this pony.

“That was AWESOME!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Spitfire was not impressed.

“Rainbow? Isn’t that your house up there?” she asked pointing her front hoof at the same cloud formation Alex had pointed to earlier.

“Yeah it is. Why?”

“This human said you pushed him out your window.”

The color drained from Rainbows face and her pupils shrank to pinpricks.

“We were just playing a game. Ye- Yeah that’s it, right?” as she looked at Alex in hopes he would cover for her.

“Is that true Alex?” She asked of him.

“Yeah it’s true. Push me out the window and then swoop down and try to catch me just before I hit the ground and die.” He replied very flatly.

The look on Spitfires face could freeze fire. Rainbow knew she was in big, big trouble.

Spitfire leveled her with a very even stare.

“As I remember, you were trying out for the Wonderbolts Academy weren’t you Rainbow Dash?”

“Yes.” Dash replied with hesitancy.

“Yet you seem to find fun in purposefully endangering another ponys life. I am afraid you are not Wonderbolts material after all. I was on my way here to tell you that you had been selected for Wonderbolts training at the academy…” As she produced the paper application from under her wing. “…when I saw this pony falling from the sky. Then I find out you sought to do him harm.” Nodding her head in Alexs direction. “Why is that?”

Rainbow just stood there with her mouth open like a gaping fish, unable to answer.

“Your application is hereby rejected. Don’t ever reapply again. The Wonderbolts don’t need your kind of pony.”

With that she grabbed Rainbows application in her teeth and hoof and tore the paper in half and dropped it on the ground in front of her.

Spitfire then turned to Alex and stuck out her hoof to which Alex took it in his hand and gave it a firm hoof / handshake.

“It was nice to meet you Alex the human.” She said.

“Same here. And thanks again.”

Spitfire turned to leave but then looked over her shoulder at Alex and said. “Don’t worry Alex, not all of us ponys are flankholes.”

She then turned and with a leap was airborne and flying off towards Cloudsdale.

Alex found himself waving goodbye as she flew away. Rainbow Dash just stood there in shock, unable to process what just happened.

Dreaming Rainbow Dash just looked at Luna in guilt and shame as the dreamscape faded to nothingness.

“Think well on these events miss Dash. Don’t ever let me see anything like this happen either here or in the waking world. Is that understood?”

“Yes your highness.” Dash responded in terror.

With that Rainbow faded away leaving Luna to to check on Alexs dreaming mind and see that he was ok.

“Sarah? Are you there? Alex called out as he lay on his dream state bed.

“Always.” Was the ethereal reply.

“How did I do?”

“You did very well my friend. It might interest you to know that I brought into your dream, Miss Rainbow Dash so that she could watch what her actions were leading to. Needless to say, she has had her rather big ego humbled substantially. She won’t be invading your nightmares any longer. Normally I protect ponys dreams but on this occasion I thought it a good opportunity to educate one of them.”

“For now sleep. Be at peace. You have earned it.” She said with a smile.

“One last thing Alex.”

“Yes?”

“I will be bringing you a surprise soon.”

“REALLY!” Alex said excitedly.

“Yes, but you must be patient a little while longer. It is not quite ready yet.” The voice said.

“Aww c’mon! You can’t be telling me something like that and expect me to go to sleep! What is it??!!” Alex asked.

Luna giggled at his enthusiasm. “I am sorry but I cannot tell you right now. Have patience and you will soon find out.”

“Yer no fun.” Alex pouted. “Fine” he grumbled and lay down on his side with his blanket pulled up to his ear. Before he could grumble any more, he started to snore softly.

Back in the real world, Luna looked in on him from her perch on the roof of the ruins. She checked on her spell of protection that surrounded his living area and then was once again airborne and headed to her castle home after doing a sweep of the perimeter.

Author's Note:

I am sorry it has taken longer than planned. Much has happened to me and my family recently. I started on a different chapter for this story before this one here. I had a flash of inspiration and quickly wrote it down so I wouldnt lose it. I will find a way to puzzle piece it in later. I also started on another story and am toying with a third possibility too. Add to that I have been having to work a LOT of overtime to make ends meet for my family while dealing with a bout of COVID at my home.
We all survived.
More to come.
Be nice because there are way too many mean people in the world and they all suck.

PreviousChapters Next