• ...
 1
 506

Sunburst I - That Sinking Feeling

This is not a very good day.

No, really. This is not a very good day.

That freaking blonde was messing up everything. This wasn’t what was supposed to happen. Why in the hell did someone with the IQ of a Crystal Prep student transfer into our rival school? Better yet, why did twenty four of them transfer into Canterlot High?

For the first time I had ever seen, our mighty Shadowbolts were getting tossed around like rag dolls.

This wasn’t possible. This shouldn’t have been possible. Those two sentences kept repeating over and over in my head. And yet, it was. The moment that towering blonde appeared, things started going against Crystal Prep.

Like, he wasn’t just straight up towering. He was fucking terrifying. Then again, that little girl of the bunch, with her death stare, was probably more fucking scary than he was. Like, that stare actually made me pee my pants. So yeah, I was scared and embarrassed. It honestly didn’t help my school’s cause that fanclubs for the strongest students ever fielded by our rivals was forming in our own ranks. Like, I was pretty sure at this moment that Fleur De Lis and Upper Crust had developed a massive crush on Cato, and could already tell from Lemon Zest’s movements that she was getting a crush on the small, curly haired dude. Either way, the fact that two of the Shadowbolts had developed crushes on members of the opposition did not bode well for the future.

Our Principal Cinch, on the other hand.. my reactions to this turn of events were considered mild compared to hers. Some of my friends told me they heard her go into the bathroom and just start screaming her head off in anger. Like, I knew she was going to be upset.. I just didn’t imagine that she would be this upset.

After Cato wiped the floor with Twilight at the end of the first event, I met up with Trenderhoof, Jet Set, Royal Pin, and Neon Lights. They were all standing around, looking disappointed in themselves, and I had a few choice words for them.

“Guys, what the hell?! What kind of smack-shit performance was that?!”

Not one of them spoke for a while. Finally, Jet Set broke the silence.

“He’s.. scary.. that stare of his.. seriously makes me feel like I’m just a little kid again.”

Trenderhoof was the next to speak up.

“Dude, that’s girl stare was more terrifying than his. Like, I’ve seen horror movies, but nothing in those can top that stare. Pure scare factor.”

Royal Pin punched the wall out of nowhere, surprising the rest of us.

“This isn’t happening! This is not happening!” he yelled.

“Well it is, so you four need to shut the fuck up and man up” said a voice from behind us.

I turned around. There was the last person I wanted to see when our school’s fortunes were failing. Blueblood. The school’s worst bully, and leader of the group that supported Principal Cinch all the way.

“Those dipshits.. those weaklings cheated, I’m sure of it. There’s no fucking way that Canterlot High has gotten this good. As Cinch said, nothing has changed. We’ll just own them in the rest of the games.”

Royal Pin ran up to him, and shook him in desperation.

“Open your eyes, dipshit! Things have changed! We’re actually fucking losing to our rivals.. and they have a monstrous boy and girl whose stares are making us not be on our game!”

Blueblood roughly shoved Royal Pin off him and into a locker.

“What monstrous blonde? All I see is the same weaklings that Canterlot always has.”

“Are you fucking blind?” Neon Lights screamed. “They have 24 new students we didn’t even know had transferred in there, and at least 4 of them are basically making us look pathetic!”

“Canterlot High doesn’t have strong competitors. They’re pulling all these points due to fraud. I dutifully expect that at the end, those points will be given to our school as the rightful winner of those points. Canterlot High will always be inferior to Crystal Prep, and will never be able to win the Friendship Games. They never can, and they never will. Nothing has changed, except what is now a team of fucking weaklings off their rockers” Blueblood scoffed, and then turned around and left.

Jet Set put his arm around Royal Pin, who was now crying. “What the hell is up with him?” Jet Set asked the rest of us.

None of us could answer that question. It made zero sense as to why Blueblood was acting like nothing had changed, even though everything had clearly changed. Canterlot High had won those points fair and square, and for some reason, Blueblood refused to accept that. If things had been bad before, the things that would happen if Crystal Prep actually lost the Friendship Games didn’t look any brighter and only more dark.

Author's Note:

A bit of foreshadowing to the sequel that will come after this, and the introduction of the person Cato will face as a minor enemy in the sequel. Inspired by the story “Shadowed Bolts”, this is my own take on a villainous Blueblood in Crystal Prep. Either way, things are not going well on Crystal Prep’s side outside of the games..