• ...
 1
 508

Cato IV - A Train That Size Going That Fast, It’ll Vaporize Anything That Gets In Its Way 2

Author's Note:

It’s a chapter with Cato as the focus, but it’s still in third person. Either way, time for the fight you’ve all been waiting for: Cato Hadley vs. Midnight Sparkle!

Both swords clashed, and the sound of the dueling caused everyone else, especially the Canterlot High students, to be relieved. Applejack cried tears of joy, since her boyfriend wasn’t dead. Clove cried tears of joy as well, for reasons that Cato would find out after this was over. She shook off her tears however, as she started throwing knives into the creatures as the rest of the Panem City transfers either took out their weapons to start killing creatures and cover the others who were helping Crystal Prep and Canterlot High Students from falling into the portals. The creatures kept coming, but Clove, Marvel, Glimmer, Katniss, and the others that were using their weapons kept them at bay, like a modern yet old fashioned depiction of the thin red line.

As all this went down, Cato and Twilight fought above them, like two great beasts.

“Why do you resist me if you are a demon like me?!” Twilight shouted at Cato.

“Because I’ve come too far to lose everything. For the sake of the world, my family, my friends, and for Jackie, I’m going to defeat you!” Cato roars back.

“Why in the world wouldn’t you want to take the power for yourself?!” Twilight hissed.

“Because the power of friendship and love will always triumph over evil!” Cato fires back, as he goes psycho on Twilight, the full weight of his training coming into the fray. He doesn’t hold back, laying into Twilight with full-blown fury. All that anger he had felt about Cinch unleashed over 10 agonizing minutes for Twilight. She realized too late what she was dealing with. Somehow, by touching the sword, Cato’s mind hadn’t warped like hers. Instead, she was dealing with a boy that really didn’t take kindly to what she was doing, and also massively out-matched her in speed, training, and power. As all this was going on, Sunset found Twilight’s magic container. Looking at Cato and watching as the magic glowed around her friends, she had an idea.

“This isn’t the way, Twilight!” she called out towards said corrupted girl, who merely shoved Cato aside to look at her. “I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want. I’ve been where you are, I’ve made the same mistake you’re making. I put on a crown and just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained. I thought it could get me everything I wanted.”

Twilight cackled. “Oh, you’re wrong. Unlike you, I can have everything I want!”

She started summoning a ball of energy to blast at Sunset, only for Cato to slam into her side and cause her to stop summoning. Twilight hissed and attacked Cato with her sword again. This time though, it seemed Cato was the one being outmatched. Sunset saw this and knew that Cato wouldn’t last long. She had no choice.

“I’m sorry..” she said, as she prepared to open the device. “But it’s for your own good!”

She opened it, letting the magic flow back into her friends and start sucking the magic out of Cato and Twilight. Twilight screamed in agony, while Cato eventually managed a smile while holding back his groans.

It took two minutes, but then, it was done. Both had transformed back to normal and gradually descended to the ground like a piece of paper. Cato’s friends stared at each other, before they accepted that it had all stopped. The portals were gone, the creatures were gone, they had won.

“That was awesome!” Marvel shouted.

“What the hell just happened?” asked Jason.

“I don’t know, but I liked it” Cato spoke, just as he spotted Clove and Applejack rushing towards him, screaming his name.

Clove got there first, pulled his head down, and kissed him.. right on the lips.