• ...
 1
 508

Cato VI/Sci-Twi II - That Pack Of Careers

Author's Note:

This chapter is inspired by Leo Archon’s story “Her Legacy Won’t Endure”. Though here, it’s a more rated T version since Cato by now is totally pissed off by Cinch..

A woman steps out of the shadows, along with Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor. Now it’s Cato’s turn to smirk, to which Cinch finds that confusing.

“What are you smirking for? It’s obvious that Superintendent Faust is disappointed in Canterlot High for all the magical cheating..-“

Cinch gets cut off by the superintendent, who clarifies her previous statement and shocks practically everyone, except Shining Armor, Thresh, Rue, Celestia, Luna, and Cato.

“Actually, I’m disappointed in your conduct, Abacus Cinch.”

Cinch was at a loss for words, while from a distance, Blueblood and his gang were seething. They didn’t try to get themselves thrown under the bus by trying to defend her, but it was clear their hatred of Cato had only intensified.

“I-I beg your pardon?” Cinch asked, bewildered. Faust holds up a tape and plays it. What everyone hears is the sound of Cinch blackmailing Twilight. There’s a moment of silence, before an angry Royal Pin breaks the silence.

“Principal Cinch, blackmailing one of us students?! How could you?!”

“I don’t understand. There was nobody around us when that conversation was made” Cinch sputtered. “How did you-“

“Never underestimate the stealth capabilities of Rue Simpson” Thresh says, and Cato nods. “But don’t blame me for sending her to spy on you and record that conversation to give to Superintendent Faust. Blame Cato.”

Cato nods again, and everyone else, even Blueblood and his gang, can’t help but have their jaws drop open in shock at the boy. It’s become clear to everyone that Cato is far smarter and more perceptive and observant than he lets on. “While the evidence is damning..” Faust starts. “I couldn’t make any moves until I had more proof of your criminal ways. I was listening in on your conversation before the start of the second round and when you, along with most of the other Crystal Prep students at the games, pressured Twilight to release the magic. In light of the events of this day, I have to rule in favor of Canterlot High. They were not using magic to cheat. Ms. Rainbow Dash was saving students from the monster that would have nearly ate her had not Mr. Hadley stepped in to save her. While I do find him carrying a sword around a bit.. alarming, in the circumstances, it was used properly in the right place at the right time.”

“But.. But..” Cinch sputtered.

“No buts. In light of the serious damage and loss of life that could have occurred, Abacus Cinch, you leave me no choice.”

Suddenly, police cars swept down on the school, and officers moved to arrest Principal Cinch.

“Abacus Cinch, you are under arrest for Child Endangerment, Abuse Of Power, and Blackmail. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say could be used against you in a court of law..”

As Cinch walked along towards the police car, she was stunned by her sudden downfall. Then, in a final burst of anger, she turned and screamed at Cato. “Curse you! Curse you and your meddling friends! Answer me, do you make it a career to bring down the reputation of the school that rightfully won these games?”

She was pushed into the police car and driven off. In the silence that followed, Cato and his friends reflected upon Cinch’s words, mostly Cato and Urchin. In the end, it was Rainbow Dash who broke the silence.

“I guess they do make it a career of saving everyone..”

Marvel was the next to speak.

“I like it. We should call ourselves the Careers.”

The others agreed, and eventually, so did everyone else, including Cato and Urchin.

(Bit of an author’s note here: I know I already have one three way crossover between TMNT/Hunger Games/Equestria Girls, but I think I’ll do another one with the sequel to this one. True to my ways, though, how this will crossover is probably one possibility you haven’t thought of.)