• Published 22nd Jul 2021
  • 1,083 Views, 27 Comments

A Twilight Rose Love - Mystic Sunrise



After a breakup, Pearl Rose finds love in a place that she never expected.

  • ...
25
 27
 1,083

Pregnancy Plans

Celestia sighed as she set the scroll down on the Cutie Map. “I had believed this kind of magic a myth. Or only the domain of ponies I would not allow within a mile of myself.”

Cadance nodded excitedly. “Twilight. Do you realize what this could mean for so many mares and stallions across Equestria and the Crystal Empire? What about Lyra and Bon Bon?”

Twilight rubbed her temples with a sigh as Pearl giggled. “I have Cadance, and I do not think I will ever be sharing this with anyone outside of my friends and family.” She snorted. “Bon Bon is being more pushy than usual ever since the wedding. Lyra can only do so much.”

Celestia frowned, for she knew why this could be. “Then perhaps Agent Sweetie Drops needs to be reminded about the Edict of Obliteration that SMILE exists under. She is toeing a very fine line, your highness.”

Twilight nodded. “I know. I’ve made it clear that if she continues sticking her snout where it does not belong, I will invoke the Omega Protocol.”

Cadence winced. It was not the Omega Oath, but it was dire enough. “But I don’t think that’s the only reason you won’t. Isn’t it, Twilight?”

The queen nodded solemnly as Pearl laid a wing around her wife. “It’s not my place. Riko gave this to Pearl and me alone, and I will not risk it by letting be used by all. I’d rather not meet a properly mad kitsune. Let alone a vixen.”

Celestia and Cadance shared a worried look. It was a feeling they had grown to know rather well themselves ever since meeting Kohaku. “Then what will you do now?” Celestia asked.

Twilight smiled sheepishly. “Panic was my first idea, but I’m trying to be better about that. Neither of us thought we would be so lucky on the very first try.”

Cadence smirked. “Very few mothers ever are Twilight. Just look at me. I didn’t expect Flurry Heart when I learned I was pregnant. But I don’t regret a thing.”

Twilight nodded. “That is something I can take some comfort in, Cadence. Can you please have your doctor send everything on your own pregnancy to Doctor Lovejoy? He is my own and is also qualified to help expecting mothers.”

Cadence smiled. “Of course, Twilight. I’ll get started as soon as I get home. Shining will be wondering where I am right about now.”

Twilight nodded, feeling her belly. She could almost feel the new life that was even now growing inside of her. “Don’t tell him about this. Not yet.”

Celestia blinked. “And why not? He is your brother.”

Twilight scowled. “Yes. And I still haven’t paid him back for not telling me about his wedding until a few days before! None of you did!” She snorted. “Now it's my turn. Ha! Take that, Shiny.”

Cadence sighed in exasperation as she remembered how immature these two could be about things like this. “Fine. But you can’t hide this forever, Twilight.”

Twilight smiled. “Oh, I don’t plan to. I’m just going to milk it for a little bit. It’s so much more fun this way.”

Celestia rolled her eyes. And ponies thought she was crazy. “So how do you plan to keep the scroll safe? Ponies are going to wonder how any of this was possible when it becomes known.”

Twilight tapped her chin. How was she going to keep it safe? Did she just give it back? She had memorized how the process worked. Kohaku would make sure it made it back to Riko’s library if the vixen didn’t come for it herself. It wasn’t like Twilight would try and stop her. “I’m not sure actually.”

“Can’t you ask her?” Cadence asked.

Pearl shrugged. “Well. Yes. But there are so many places, all over Equus, not just Equestria, where her shade could be. And I would not want to take her away if she is helping someone. at the time”

Celestia nodded, her smile softening. “A healer’s work is never truly done. Perhaps it is for the best then we leave it alone then. This is going to cause quite the stir when news breaks.”

Twilight flopped her head onto the table. “I know. And I can’t even know what kind of pony they might be. Honestly? I don’t think I want to know either. Let it be a surprise.”

Cadence nodded happily. “It was for us with Flurry Heart. I believe the doctors may have known before us, but did not tell us.”

Twilight smiled slightly. “She’ll be over the moon for sure. Flurry’s settled in Ponyville so well already. You’d think she had been born here.”

Cadence frowned, remembering something she had seen at the wedding and several times since. “Should we be worried about how much my daughter is interested in a certain nine-tailed annoyance?”

Pearl giggled, shaking her head, having an idea of what this was about. “No. Kitsunes mate for life, and only very rarely do they take another mate, even if the first dies. It’s even rarer for them to mate outside the species. It caused quite the stir when Kohaku did, and even worse with Kazumi."

Celestia chuckled. Starswirl had become open about his past since the wedding. While it wasn’t everything, she and Luna now knew far more than they ever had about their old teacher.

Cadence, though, didn’t seem convinced, but held it in for now. “So we do not need to worry then? You know him better than I do, Twilight.”

Twilight shrugged. “Unless Kohaku’s even crazier than I thought? No. We will not need to worry about Flurry Heart. I doubt Summer would share him anyway.”

Cadence breathed a little easier knowing that. There would be hell to pay if anything happened to her little girl. She didn’t care who Forestsong was.

“Your right, I wouldn’t share him,” a watery voice giggled as a dragon slowly stepped into the room.

“Hello, Summer.” Twilight bowed her head slightly with a smirk in acknowledgment.

“Twilight, Sis” Summer smiled as she hugged her little sister who hugged back. Looking up she smiled at Cadence.

“Relax princess. Kohaku merely sees great potential in your child. As do I.”

Cadence looked at the dragoness, the soft eyes soothing her worries. “Sorry, I’m just a mother who worries.”

Twilight and Pearl saw for a brief moment the pained look on Summer’s face but let it go as she remained smiling.

“I understand. His human counterpart treats her well enough as well. With love and respect, not surprising as she might well become that one's mate.”

“What?!” Cadence stepped back.

“I take it you never told her that?” Twilight face hoofed and shook her head slowly. “Oh sorry.”

“Did you come here just to give me a headache? If so Kohaku gave me plenty earlier.” Twilight sighed.

“No, I came to spend time with my sis, it’s almost time for our scheduled tea time.” Summer smiled. “I also know you’ve been stressing about the spell my love gave you. Please do as you please with it. Just remember the lesson you learned about magic others are not yet ready for.”

“Yeah let's get going, I have some awesome news for you.” Pearl giggled and placed a wing on her sister. The two left in a poof of magic.

Twilight groaned. “Those three are going to be the death of me. I just know it.”

Cadance wasn’t listening as she poked Twilight. “What's this about the human Flurry and Kohaku?! Why didn’t you say something?”

Twilight sighed, preparing for a very long day ahead.