• Published 7th Oct 2021
  • 998 Views, 38 Comments

Sunset's Misadventures in the Multiverse: vol #1: Journey to the Potterverse - ArlynntheDragon



What if Harry's relatives WEREN'T the Dursleys? What if they were from another world, entirely?

  • ...
7
 38
 998

Chapter 2

Harry awoke to find himself at some sort of train station, only it was whiter, and cleaner.
"Hello?" he called out, only to find that he was the only one there. Not only that but he was naked too! Oh, I wish I had some clothes on, preferably clothes that fit me. Lo and behold, Harry was fully dressed in a grey sweatshirt with dark-blue pants. Harry then heard something cry out "help me. help me." He turned to find a table, and under said table was a small bundle wrapped in black. Harry went over to help when he heard a voice say
"Back away from there, Harry!" Harry turned to see who gave the warning, wondering how the voice knew his name. What he saw defied all logical(to his mind actually) explanations, a tall horse the likes of which he'd never seen before: she had light-orange fur, a deep red mane, a spiralling horn on her forehead, and emerald-green eyes. Her eyes are the same color as mine! Is she..................?! "A-a-are you my mum?" Harry asked, trepidation in his voice. The answer he got back was all the more heart-wrenching.

"I'm sorry Harry, but................................I'm not your mother, although I DO love you as though you were my son." Millions of emotions warred within the young boy.
"W-who are you?" he asked the tall Unicorn mare, both excited for, and fearing the answer.
"My human name was Lily Potter nee' Evans, my true name is Fire Lily, and I'm your aunt. I was adopted by the Evanses a few days after I was born. My adopted parents instantly took a liking to me. I suppose that's why Petunia was jealous of me. Of course it wouldn't be until I started Hogwarts that I met my real sister."
"Hogwarts?" Harry asked confusedly.
"Hogwarts is a school, dear nephew. More specifically a School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.''
"L-like magic? But I was always told 'there's no such thing as magic' all my life!" Harry vehemently denied.
"Whoever told you that lied to you. Magic is real, how do you explain the fact that I, your aunt, am a mythical creature found only in fairy tales?"

Harry couldn't believe his ears; Magic is real? There's a school dedicated to learning it? "Uncle" Vernon and "Aunt" Petunia lied to him? Unknown to him this last bit was said out loud.
"Wait, did you say 'Aunt Petunia'? As in magic-hating, normality-obsessed Petunia?! You weren't supposed to go to her, you were supposed to go to your mother in the event of my, and Uncle James death! It was made clear in our wills! It doesn't matter, you're home, you're never going back to that place ever again, no matter what anypon......anyONE says." Lily said as she wraps her hooves around her nephew in a gentle hug. DAMN YOU DUMBLEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEEE "Now do you have any more questions for me?"
"What was that thing you warned me away from?" he asked with a curious glance towards the bundle under the table.
"THAT is what's called a 'soul fragment', or Horcrux, only this one belongs to a megalomaniac named Tom Marvolo Riddle. Apparently, he made four, five counting you. It must have gotten lodged in your head the night he came after us, wanting to kill you."

"Why did he want to kill me? I didn't do anything to him."
"There was a prophecy made before you were born. The one with the Power to Vanquish the Dark Lord approaches......Born to those who thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies..........And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his Equal, but he shall have Power the Dark Lord Knows Not.........And either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives.............the one with the Power to Vanquish the Dark Lord shall be born as the seventh month dies.......... There was one other who the prophecy could have been about. His mother was a good friend of mine both in school and out. Her husband was often partnered with your Uncle James on Auror missions"
"Who is the other one who was mentioned?"
"Neville Longbottom. he too was 'born as the seventh month dies.' Although he was born a day earlier than you, that bit still applies."

The two of them sat there for a long time before Harry gathered up the courage to ask that important question that's been on his mind ever since he was told the Prophecy. "I have to go back, don't I?"
"Yes, dear nephew, you do. Your family's waiting for you, as are your fiance's."
"Riddle's still alive, isn't he?"
"Yes, he is. What are you getting at, sweetie?"
"Aunt Lily? I've made my decision, and I think you're gonna like it." Harry answered, a sly smirk on his face. Lily looked on in confusion that morphed into sudden realization. "Quick question, how do I get out of here?"
"It's quite simple my dear nephew. All you have to do is wake up." The last two words were spoken by a familiar voice, but before Harry could say anything he was, once again, swallowed by darkness.............................


Meanwhile: in the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


In a hidden room behind the Headmaster's chair were several trinkets, thingamobobs, whatchamacallits, and other little devices, all keyed to a certain child, a certain child with jet-black hair, emerald-green eyes, and a lightning-shaped scar. Yes I'm talking about Harry Potter, these devices were used to monitor his health, his magic output and blocks, the(nonexistent) protections around Number Four, Privet Drive, and, last but not least, the Horcrux in said scar. It's the last two thingamabobs that are causing the ruckus inside the Headmaster's office, for you see, both have stopped working. Of course no one would know of it until said Headmaster returned from whatever Wizengamot meeting he's currently attending at the Ministry of Magic, which gives our heroes time to prepare for young Harry's return to the Wizarding World.

In a house that looked as though it could be blown down at any time, a certain red-headed witch was putting the final touches on a plan hatched by her, and the Headmaster to steal the Potter inheritance, her part being brainwashing her only daughter, Ginerva(or Ginny as she liked to be called) into falling for "The Boy-Who-Lived." That meant reading Harry Potter books, specifically the romance ones to Ginny. She also kept telling Ginny that it was her 'destiny' to marry Harry Potter when he defeated Lord Voldemort. When Ginny, and Harry were old enough, her mother would start dosing the both of them with love, lust, and fertility potions, so that when Harry died fighting Voldemort before giving Ginny a child, she could claim the Potter fortune, since Ginny would be carrying the Potter heir. That would ONLY work, IF Ginny didn't already know and approve of said plan, which she DIDN'T thanks to the dreams she's been having lately, A few days ago Ginny had a series of dreams(or more accurately visions) of the future, more specifically Harry's future should the Bumblebee's plans come to fruition.

She didn't like what she saw. She then made her decision: she would make herself a Potter, not by marriage but by adoption, and she wasn't alone in this, either. Her brothers, Fred and George(or Gred and Forge), and Charlie and Bill were behind their sister 100% and started training her in occlumency, and working on gaining immunities to love potions, and other means of manipulation. When Ginny starts school at Hogwarts in a couple more years she won't be the obsessive fangirl this time. This time, she would protect, and watch over her soon-to-be Big Bro.

In a Gringotts vault, a cup started spewing out a black tar-like substance from the emblem on its side. In a grim, old house a locket opened and started spewing out a black, tar-like substance as well, unnoticed save for an ancient-looking house-elf jumping for joy. In a small manor in Little Hangelton, a Stone, which was set in a ring, started spewing out a black, tar-like substance, only to fade and reappear inside a certain vault. In a manor in Whiltshire, a diary started spewing out a black tar-like substance from its pages. No one in the manor took notice of this, save a certain house-elf. In a room that comes and goes, in a certain castle, a tiara started spewing out a black, tar-like substance. Again, no one took notice of this, no one, that is, except the castle herself.