• Published 7th Oct 2021
  • 999 Views, 38 Comments

Sunset's Misadventures in the Multiverse: vol #1: Journey to the Potterverse - ArlynntheDragon



What if Harry's relatives WEREN'T the Dursleys? What if they were from another world, entirely?

  • ...
7
 38
 999

Prologue

Princess Celestia, current ruler of Equestria, bringer of day and-now recently-night, was howling in pain as she was rushed to the Royal Infirmary. You might be asking yourself "Why is Princess Celestia screaming in pain, like that?" Well if you were to ask those who knew her, personally, then the answer would be simple: she's having quadruplets.

[Random pony in the Audience]Wait, if she's having quadruplets, then who's the father?

[Me]Many have asked that very same question, and so far the Princess has been tight lipped on who sired the foals.

Many hours have gone by, and soon, the screaming stopped, followed by four sets of foal-crying. In the delivery room, the Princess gazed lovingly at her newborn children: two were Unicorns, one was a Pegasus, and one was an Earth Pony. In this story, we'll be focusing on the Unicorn fillies. Both had light-orange coats, however one had a solid red mane and tail, and green eyes. The other had a red and gold mane and tail, and turquoise eyes. Raven Inkwell, Celestia's advisor, trotted into the room to check on everything.

"Beautiful, aren't they Raven?" Celestia asks her.
"Yes your Highness they are." Raven answered warmly. "What are you going to name them?"
"Well, I was thinking Fire Lily for the redhead, and Sunset Shimmer, for the fire-head." said Celestia after thinking about it for a while.
"It's a shame their fathers couldn't be here to share in your joy." said Raven with a sad sigh.
"I know." said Celestia with a sigh. When I get a hold of the one who took my love from me, well, let's just say it will not be pleasant.

Meanwhile on a city-covered planet, a certain manipulative, black-robe wearing, old man sneezed. Damn allergies!

Before anything else is said by either pony, a guard rushes in with a harried expression. "Your Highness, your, erm, guests from beyond Equestria have arrived." he reports with a solemnness in his voice.
"Oh! I-I see. Have them brought to the throne room. I'll bring [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] as soon as I can." said Celestia with a sad sigh. I was hoping to spend more time with them Celestia thought to herself, yet before she could move a muscle little Sunset reached out to her mother and siblings, as though she wanted to bestow a "gift" to say the least to her brother and sisters.

Celestia wondered what the gift might be so she allowed it. "Very well, Sunset. You may bestow your gift to your siblings." And so Sunset touched her glowing horn to each of her siblings' foreheads, which then proceeded to pulse with a bright white light. Celestia used a scanning spell to determine what the spell Sunset had cast was. Once the scan was cast, Celestia's eyes widened in realization: It was a combination of a tracker and shield spell! A powerful, body and mind shield spell at that. Sunset must REALLY love her siblings so much to have placed such a spell like that on them. Not only that, it seems that this spell can be passed down to the next generation.

Once the spell was cast on Sunset's siblings, Celestia took [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] to the throne room where her guests were waiting. It killed her to do this, but she had no choice: [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] had to be split up.
Please be safe my children. the Sun Princess silently prayed with every fiber of her being. She then turned her focus to her remaining children, Sunset and Fire Lily. Again, she had an impossible choice to make. Damn those nobles and their laws! she thought angrily. Why should she be forced to have only one heir? No seriously why? It just sounds dumb. The only question was: who was going to be that heir? Just like last time, Sunset had the answer.

So that brings us to a house in a town in a world where the population is separated in two groups: magicals and non-magicals. What makes this house important is the name of the family that lives here, the Evans family. A hooded figure approached the front door with a bundle in it's arms. If you were to look under the hood, you'd find a tear-stained alabaster face desperately wishing she could keep the bundle she held close. I pray you're right about this Sunset. And so Celestia, current Princess of Equestria, placed the sleeping bundle on the doorstep of destiny. Just before leaving she gave one final farewell to another of her children, unaware that it will be the last time she'll ever lay eyes on her daughter again. "Farewell my daughter. Just know that your true family loves you with all our hearts."