• Published 28th Jun 2021
  • 2,287 Views, 49 Comments

Metal Bat: Equestrian Adventures - The reluctant fan



Badd was having a perfectly fine night with his little sister Zenko when a monster breaks in and warps them to an unknown land. The worst part? They've been turned into tiny horses!. Badd wishes he was old enough to drink.

  • ...
6
 49
 2,287

Chapter 3: Around The Town

After Badd came back in and apologized for his sudden outburst, (not before insisting that no one refer to his 'tattoo' by it's actual name ever again) he and Zenko sat down with the apple family for dinner.

Badd and Zenko looked at all the food that lay before them. "Uh, wow. I know you're apple farmers and all, but are apples all you eat?"

"Nah, apples are a huge part of our diet, but we tend to have other things with em. The only reason we're havin so many apple dishes tonight is b'cause we're workin on perfectin our recipes fer the Summer Sun Celebration. we're in charge of the food fer the party ya see."

"Summer Sun Celebration? That a holiday or sumthin?"

Granny Smith gave a smirk. "Ya must be from really far away huh? The Summer Sun Celebration ain't just a holiday, it's a national event! The ruler of Equestria Princess Celestia chooses one town or city to host the celebration every year, and fer the first time ever, humble ol' Ponyville is hostin it!"

Badd's face immediately went into 'What the fuck' mode. "This town is called 'Ponyville'. That's the most uncreative name I've ever heard."

"Big bro, the cities back home are literally named after letters of the alphabet."

"...Touché. Wait, I got another question. You said the ruler of this country goes by the title princess? I don't know how things work here, but back where we're from a monarch usually has the title of king or queen."

Applejack chuckled. "Yeah, th' princess don't want to be called queen fer whatever reason. Nopony knows why, but then again, nopony cares or is brave enough to ask."

"Eh, fair enough. Was just kinda curious."

The rest of the meal passed in relative silence, with only the occasional question from Applebloom about Zenko and Badd's life back home. A few of the questions gave them some odd looks from Granny Smith and Big Mac, but they didn't question anything. After dinner was finished, Badd and Zenko helped Applejack and Big Mac clean up the dishes while Granny Smith went to get the spare room ready for them.

"So tomorrow ah thought that ah'd take the two o you inta town to help ya get to know th' locals."

Zenko perked up at that. "That'd be awesome! I was worrying we'd have to stay here for a while!"

"Shoot, we don't live that far away. S' only bout a 15 minute walk ta town."

"Huh, that's not even as far as I had to walk to get to school."

"In fact ah have a friend that ah know would be more than happy to teach ya how to use them wings o yers Zenko."

Zenko squealed and started hopping up and down. "You mean I'm gonna be able to FLY?! Yesyesyesyesyes!"

Applejack started laughing. "Well yer certainly exited."

Badd smiled. Seeing his little sister so happy always brought him joy like nothing else could. "Can't say I blame her. Being able to fly sounds awesome. One of the few things I was ever jealous about."

"Wha'dya mean Badd?"

"Oh yeah. There's this brat in the S-class Called Tatsumaki. Thinks she's real hot stuff and loves to put the rest of us down cuz she thinks she's the strongest. She's some sort o psychic and can pick things up and fly with her mind. As much as I wanna bust her skull in sometimes I gotta admit I'm kinda jealous she can fly and all."

"Well she sounds like a right bully. Guess yer kinda glad to be rid o her fer a while at least."

"For a while? I kinda got the impression that we were stuck here fer good. Then again, there is the possibility that either I'm high or this is some stupid long and super detailed dream."

Applejack laughed at that. "Yer a riot sometimes ya know that? Though ah don't know what bein high up has to do with any o this. But what ah meant by that was that ah was gonna suggest that ya talk to tha princess bout yer situation when she gets here for the celebrations. If there's anypony who'd know anything bout somethin like that, it'd be her."

"...That makes sense I guess. She rules the country after all, she would probably have someone who could look into it."

"Nah, ah mean her specifically. She's lived fer thousands o years, so she'll hopefully have somethin that can help ya."

Badd choked on his own spit in shock. "You mean to tell me that your ruler is thousands of years old?! Is she immortal or something?!"

"Heh, ah keep fergettin ya'll wouldn't know bout stuff like that. But yeah, Princess Celestia's lived for a long time. She's never said whether she's immortal or just real long lived, though almost all ponies believe the former."

"Wow, that... just wow. I didn't even know immortality was possible but here we are. Man, that must suck for her."

Applejack frowned in confusion. “Whad’ya mean sugarcube?”

Badd groaned. “I thought I told you not to call me that. And well, it’s just that if she’s lived that long, how many friends do you think she’s had that have died? Living forever when everyone else around you has a set limit on life must suck.”

Applejack put a hoof to her mouth, eyes tearing up. “A-ah never thought of it that way b’fore. That’s terrible! How does she stay so calm and benevolent when she has to go through sumthin like that?”

Badd’s eyes widened. ”way to go jackass, ya made her upset.” “Hey, come on. It’s not our problem anyway. Besides, I’m sure she has ways of coping with it. C’mon, enough of the depressing talk.”

The orange mare wiped her eyes and gave a sad smile. “Yeah. Ah guess her right. S’ just Th’ princess does so much fer all of us, ah feel bad that she has ta go though that. Hay, she deserves ta be happy more than anypony else ah reckon.”

“Well you said she’s coming to this festival thing right? Maybe try telling her that when you see her there.”

“Y’know what? Ah think ah’ll do just that! Thanks fer openin mah eyes to how much th’ princess cares bout us Badd.”

“It was just a stray thought…”

“Well, it’s gettin pretty late. Ah reckon yer sister’s in bed by now.”

Badd looked out the window to find it dark, night having taken over the sky while they were talking. “Damn, night falls quick around here huh? Guess I’d better get to sleep then if we’re headin to town tomorrow.”

“Well I’ll see ya in the mornin then Badd. Sleep tight.”


The sound of a rooster crowing snapped Badd out of his sleep. "GAH! Fucking hell!"

After he had gotten over the shock of his sudden wake up call, he looked down at his hooves and sighed. "Damn. There goes the last chance of this being a dream. Can't say I'm surprised honestly."

Badd rolled off the bed and walked over to the mirror that was in the spare room he and Zenko were using. "I need a comb. Hell, how am I even gonna use a comb without hands?"

Zenko giggled from where she lay on the bed. "Maybe this is what'll finally get you to stop wearing that ridiculous hairstyle."

"Hey, it's not ridiculous, it's badass!"

Zenko just rolled her eyes and hopped down from the bed. "Well I have noticed that our hooves are more flexible than they look. We can actually hold things with them. It's clumsier than using a hand obviously, but it should work well enough to comb at least."

"Wait, I can actually hold things? Hell yeah! I was worried I'd have to use my mouth to carry my bat everywhere."

"Well, sure you can use them to swing it, but I've noticed that it's pretty hard to walk on only three hooves. And I think walking on two is out of the question given how we're quadrupeds now."

Badd made a strange face. "Quadhuh?"

Zenko rolled her eyes at her brother's ignorance. "We can't walk on two legs because of our new bodies."

"Damn. Well, still. being able to hold things is good enough news for now. You head downstairs. I'm gonna comb real quick."


Applejack smiled and waved Badd over as he came down the stairs. "Howdy there Badd! How'd ya sleep?"

"That rooster of yours can go to hell."

"Ah-heh. Ah guess yer not a mornin person then?"

Zenko swallowed the piece of toast she was eating and spoke up. "He's really not. We usually wake up a lot later than this, so he'll probably be more grumpy than usual for a while."

"Ah see. Well we'll have ta fix that soon, cuz us apples rise with tha sun every mornin! Ah'll let ya two eat and wake up, an then we'll head down ta town!"

Badd grumbled. "Don't really see the point. Anyone sane is probably still asleep."

Applejack rolled her eyes at the comment. "Well, ah guess ya might have a point. We'll leave 'round 10 then."

"Whatever..."


When the time rolled around to leave, Applejack rounded Zenko up and found Badd practicing swinging his bat.

"Hey there Badd! We're bout ta head down ta town."

"aright. Let's get goin then."

Badd flicked his bat off to the side. The weapon went flying into a boulder and shattered it, kicking up a small dust cloud.

"Uh, whoops. Didn't mean to put that much force into it."

Applejack stared wide eyed at where the boulder once stood before shaking her head. "Right. Super strength." "Eh, don't worry bout it. Didn't have a use fer that thing anyhow. Now c'mon, let's get goin.


The walk into town was pretty uneventful, with nothing more than a little small talk. As they approached, Badd noticed that most of the buildings looked rather old fashioned. Nothing like the concrete pillars that made up the cities back home.

"Heh, well this is a nice change of pace compared to back home. Nice and humble."

"Yeah. Ol Ponyville is a quaint little town, but it sure has its fair share of charms. C’mon, ah’ll show ya around. Ponyville don’t get many new faces, so everpony’ll be a mite curious bout the two o you.”

Badd and Zeno spotted a pink pony who looked their way. She let out a long gasp before bolting away at insane speeds.

“Uhhhhh, is that a common reaction to strangers here?”

Applejack gave a laugh. “Naw, that’s just Pinkie Pie. She’s an odd one, but probably the nicest pony in town once ya get ya know her.”

Badd and Zenko looked in the direction where the pink mare had bolted off to. “I’ll… take your word for it. You sound like you know her well enough, what was that all about?”

“That’s just her reaction ta every new pony that comes ta town. She knows everypony in Ponyville, and ah mean EVERYPONY. If a new pony shows up, she’ll do her darnedest to get ta make friends with em. She’s definitely planning something fer ya right now.”

Zenko gave a wide grin. “Well she sure sounds nice. I can’t wait to see what she’s setting up!”

“Ah’m sure you’ll see later. C’mon, ah want ta introduce ya’ll to mah friend Rainbow Dash! She’s a Pegasus like you, and I’m sure she’d love ta teach ya how to use them wings o yers.”

“Really?! Awesome! Let’s go meet her right now!”

“Well, normally she’d be workin right about now, but as luck would have it, it’s her day off! She’ll probably be nappin in a cloud somewhere.”

Badd groaned at that. “Seriously? I’m not a logical thinker or nothing, but the lack of sense being made in this world is driving me nuts! Aren’t clouds just water or somethin? How the hell do you stand on one?”

“Well, ah don’t know the science behind it or nothin, but somethin bout Pegasi make it so that clouds act as solids to em.”

“That’s really all the explanation I’m gonna get huh?”

Zenko snickered. “Now you know how it feels when you ‘explain’ your fighting spirit to people.”

“I… yeah, I guess this is some sort of karma fer that huh?”

“Look out below!”

The group of three looked into the sky to find a rainbow blur heading towards them at alarming speeds. It crashed into Badd, sending both of them careening into a nearby tree.

The dust settled, revealing a cyan pegasus mare with a rainbow mane.

“Man, really gotta watch where I’m going… oh crap are you ok?!”

Badd removed his skull from the new crater in the tree trunk with a groan. “Yep, nothing hurt here except for my pride.”

The mare gave him an cautious look. “You sure dude? That was a pretty nasty impact. Uh, sorry about that by the way.”

“It’s fine… I guess. Not the first time I’ve been tackled at near Mach speed.”

“Hah! I like you! Name’s Rainbow Dash! Fastest flier in Equestria!”

“So your Rainbow Dash. We’ve actually been looking for you.”

Before Rainbow could respond to that, Applejack came stomping up to her. “Consarn it Dash! What’ve we discussed bout payin attention when your flyin that fast? You coulda seriously hurt Badd here!”

“Hey, I already apologized, and besides, he’s totally fine! So no harm done right?”

“You slammed him inta a tree!”

“…ok, fine. I get ya AJ. I’ll try and be more careful. The reason I wasn’t paying attention was because I was looking for you! Pinkie stopped by and told me that you were hangin out with a couple of ponies she’d never seen before, so I got curious and went to find you!”

“Well, you’re meetin em right now, and ah can’t say you’ve made the best first impression.”

Rainbow looked back over to Badd. He was trying to get the splinters out of his mane while grumbling about needling to comb it again. Zenko was snickering at his less than successful attempt.

“Hey, uh, sorry that we got off on the wrong hoof. I can like, do something to make it up to you.

Badd sighed. “Well, i gotta ask first, do you crash a lot, because if you do, you might not be what we’re looking for.”

Rainbow glared. “Of course not! I was just distracted is all! I’m the best flier I know!”

“Hrm. Fine. Prove it.”

“In what way?”

“I dunno, do some stunts or something. Me and Aj were gonna see if you could teach my little sister Zenko how to fly, but I don’t wanna put her with some reckless amateur who can’t keep up with her own mouth.”

Rainbow dash gave a cocky grin “Oh it. Is. On. I’ll impress ya so much you won’t be able to speak for a week!”

With that, the prismatic pegasus bolted into the air and began to preform. She bobbed and weaved in between clouds and buildings, did loop de loops, and flew backwards, all at high speeds of course. After a minute or so, she came down, looking slightly winded.

“So, how was THAT?”

“…huh, pretty good actually. I might not understand all the technical stuff about what you did, but it sure looked cool.”

Rainbow frowned. “Huh, I expected you to be a lot more phased than that. I must be off my game.”

“I doubt it. It just takes a lot to phase me.”

Zenko laughed at that. “You’re right about that big bro! You were over that whole alien invasion thing in like a day!”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow at that, as did Applejack.

“Say what now?”

Zenko widened her eyes a little. “Oh, probably shouldn’t have mentioned that huh?”

Badd groaned. “Ya think? Now we’ve gotta explain this stupid story for the third time! I swear, we should just make pamphlets at this point!”

Rainbow looked lost. “Uh, what are you guys talking about?”

Applejack chuckled. “I’d prepare yerself sugarcube. This is one heck of a tale yer boutta hear.”


"...Wow. That's... kinda a lot to take in. I'll be honest, if it weren't for AJ vouching for you, I probably wouldn't believe you. I mean, come on, superheroes and giant monsters? That sounds like stuff out of a comic book! And you're saying your one of those heroes too? Man, no wonder you weren't hurt from getting flown into that tree."

Zenko huffed. "Well if there's one thing my bro is good at it's taking a beating. I can't count the times I've seen him come home a bloody mess after fighting some monster and then seeing him good as new in the morning."

Badd rubbed the back of his head ashamed. "I'm sorry you gotta see me like that sometimes Zenko, it's just part of my job."

Rainbow was still ranting about how 'crazy' or 'awesome' it was that Badd and Zenko came from a world like that. "And you were talking about an alien invasion too?! Did you seriously fight aliens?!"

Badd rolled his eyes at the pegasus' enthusiasm. "Yeah, it wasn't some huge victory or nothin though. We only took em out after their ship blew up an entire city."

Rainbow and Applejack's eyes widened. "An entire city?! That's terrifying! How did ya manage to take out somethin like that?!"

"To be honest, no one's really sure about that. Me and three other heroes were fighting one of the aliens, a bastard with five heads who could regenerate. After we beat it, the ship started to fall. We thought it was because of the damage that had been done to the outside of it, but once the inside got looked at, it was a mess, and there were a ton of dead aliens inside. The running theory is that the number 1 hero Blast showed up and defeated the leader, but no one saw him so we can't be sure. Then again, there was that guy that was with Silverfang and the newbie Genos. Old man Bang kept saying he was super strong, and the newbie kept calling him 'Master' or something, and he disappeared after the city got destroyed, but it's kind of a stretch to think he took the ship down."

Badd stopped and gave an embarrassed chuckle. "Sorry, I kinda went off on a bit of a rant there."

Rainbow was pacing in circles. "Wow, you took on aliens! That's insane! Alright, that settles it! I'll have to do something to top that in awesomeness! I gotta keep my rep as coolest in Ponyville! Hey, if you guys are gonna be checking out the town, you mind if I tag along for a bit? You guys are super cool. I can already tell we'll be great friends!"

Zenko gave a beaming smile. "Yeah, and you'll teach me how to fly right? That'll be so awesome!"

"Sure thing squirt, as long as your bother okays it."

Badd waved a hoof dismissively. "As long as I'm around to watch it. Not that I don't trust you or anything, I just want to be around to catch her if she falls."

"Protective eh? I get it, I'd probably be the same way if I had a little sibling. We'll start after I get off work tomorrow, kay squirt?"

"Yeah, that sounds great! Say, where do you work anyway?"

"I'm the captain of the Ponyville weather team! It's honestly kinda boring work, just scheduling and preparing the weather, but hey, it pays the bills. Besides, it's not like I can leave the town hanging."

Badd sighed. "Of course you can make the weather what you want here. To be honest, that's one of the least surprising things I've learned about this world. "

"You mean the weather isn't scheduled back in your world?"

"Of course not. We can predict it, but we can't change it to be what we want when we want. There's also some monsters that I've heard used weather changing powers, but they were always destructive with it, because, y'know, they're monsters."

"Huh, that's weird. I can't imagine living without controlled weather."

"Vice versa lady. It's gonna feel weird for a while."

"Heh, you'll get used it soon enough."


Applejack and Rainbow Dash continued to show Badd and Zenko the sights in town. They passed by the town hall, the library, and eventually ended up at the marketplace.

"An this is where ya'll can buy any goods that catch yer fancy. Course we got a couple o actual stores in town, but the market is where you'll find most o the stuff."

"Oh! Applejack darling, there you are! I was wondering where you've been today."

Badd and Zenko looked towards the voice to find a white unicorn with a purple mane approaching them.

"Howdy Rarity. Sorry if ya were lookin fer mah stand today. Ah took the day off ta show these two round town. They're gonna be stayin at mah place fer a while since they got nowhere else ta go. Saw em run outta the Everfree with timberwolves hot on their trail if ya could believe it."

Rarity gasped. "Oh how dreadful! You've been through quite a lot haven't you!"

Badd rolled his eyes at the drama. "More than you know."

"And I say! Something simply awful must have happened to your mane for you to have combed it into such a... tacky style! This simply will not do! Good sir, I insist you come with me to my boutique!"

Badd found himself being dragged way before he could collect his thoughts. "Wha-hey! Hold on I never agreed to any of this! And what was that about my hair?!"

Zenko, Rainbow and Applejack laughed as Badd was carted away by the fashion police. He either hadn't realized that he could just break out of her grip or just didn't care enough to.

"Bye big bro, have fun!"

As Zenko and her tour guides went to move on, a carrot rolled up and bumped against her hoof. She picked it up and inspected it. As she was doing so, she felt a tap on her leg. She looked down to find a white little rabbit. He was tapping his foot on the ground and holding a paw out expectantly.

"Oh hello little bunny! Is this yours? Here you go!"

As Zenko was handing the carrot to the rabbit, a timid voice, almost a whisper, called out. "Oh, Angel, there you are! I was worried you'd gone and gotten yourself lost."

A butter yellow pegasus with long pink mane trotted up slowly and plucked the rabbit up with her wing. She shied back a little once she noticed the three ponies standing in front of her.

"O-oh. Hello Rainbow, Applejack. Um, who's the little filly?"

"Howdy Shy! This is Zenko, she an her brother are gonna be stayin with me fer a while. Zenko, this is Fluttershy. She runs an animal shelter o sorts on the outskirts of town. Most of em are wild, but she likes ta take care of em."

Fluttershy gave a meek smile and nodded. "Oh yes. My house is open to animals of all kinds. Whether they need a new home or just a bit of attention."

Zenko hopped around excitedly. "That sounds great! I love animals, I've always wanted a pet, but big bro says we wouldn't have the time to care for it. Well, maybe we would now! Ooh, I'll have to ask him when he gets back from wherever that unicorn dragged him."

At Fluttershy's questioning look, Rainbow snickered. "Rarity showed up and dragged him away for a makeover. Can't say I envy the poor guy."

"Oh, well you could come over to my cottage and look for a pet. If that's alright with you that is."

"Oh, that would be great! I'd have to ask my big bro before I actually adopt one, but It would still be cool to look around. Besides, I'm sure I can guilt trip Badd into saying yes."

"Okay then. Angel and I will show you to our little home.


"What god did I piss off to end up here?"

Badd was being bombarded with floating combs and clippers as he desperately tried to keep his mane intact. "Jeez lady, what the hell is your problem? I like my hair the way it is, thanks!"

Rarity paused her assault and gave him an incredulous look. "But why? It is the definition of a fashion disaster! I'm sure you'd look much better with a different style."

"Yeah, no. Don't care. I like my hair the way it is, and whoever raises a complaint can piss off."

Rarity huffed. "Such foul language! Clearly you weren't raised with proper manners."

"Same could be said fer you! You've been chasing me around trying to mutilate my hair with scissors!"

Rarity sighed and put the scissors back on the table. "Fine. I admit I may have been a bit... insensitive to your wishes. If you wish to keep your mane the way it is, I won't object. no matter how... horribly tacky it may be."

"And it only took me telling you that four times. Can I go now? I gotta catch up with my little sister.”

“Oh but darling! If I can’t convince you to change your mane, you simply must let me design something to divert attention from it.”

Badd rolled his eyes. “Hate to break it to ya, but I don’t got any money.”

“Oh money won’t be necessary, I’ll do this for free!”

“… you must REALLY hate my hair huh?”

“That’s not it at all! I’m simply trying to be nice. Is there anything in particular you’d like me to make for you?”

“You for real? No strings attached or nothing? No ‘special favors’ I’ll end up having to do for you later?”

“I Pinkie promise. Cross my heart hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Badd deadpanned as he watched the unicorn go through the strange motions. “What the hell was that?”

“It’s a Ponyville thing. Trust me, nopony breaks a Pinkie promise if they know what’s good for them.”

“…I’ll take your word for it then. It’s just that I’ve never heard of anyone just giving things away like this.”

“I get that a lot. I take joy in giving to others. Now as I was saying, is there anything in particular you would like me to make darling?”

“Ok first, cut it out with the darling talk. And we’ll, a belt to hold my bat would be nice. And I am kinda missing my jacket.

“A belt for a bat? Are you a baseball player perhaps?”

“No, it’s mostly for self defense, but I have messed around in baseball once or twice.”

“Ah, I see. Well I should’ve guessed you’d own one given your cutie mark.”

“PLEASE don’t call it that.”

“…if you insist. And a jacket. What color and material?”

Badd remembered the cows he had seen on Applejack’s farm and how he had actually been able to have a conversation with one. Given that, he made sure not to ask for leather. “Black, with the toughest material you got.”

“Black hm? Simple, but it should work. Would you mind if I put your, ah, mark on the jacket? It would make it more personalized.”

“Ya know, what? That’d actually be pretty badass. Go for it.”

Rarity wrinkled her nose at Badd’s language, but didn’t comment. “Very good. Now, I’ll just need a few measurements…”


Zenko squealed as Fluttershy’s cottage came into view, startling said mare.

“Oh my gosh! So many cute animals! Cats and chickens and squirrels and is that a bear?!”

“Oh yes. Mr. Bear might look scary, but he’s a real sweetheart once you get to know him.”

“Wow! You must really like animals miss Fluttershy! Your entire house is filled with them!”

“Well I have been told I am quite good with them. It’s my special talent after all.”

“Wow, that’s so cool! I wonder what my talent will be! I’m pretty good at—was pretty good at the piano. How am I supposed to play without fingers? Big bro will be so sad, he really loved it when I played.”

Fluttershy noticed Zenko’s smile drop and got concerned. “Oh dear, what do you mean you can’t play anymore? And what are fingers?”

“Well, it’s pretty complicated. The gist of it is my bro and I got dumped into this world after a monster he was fighting sent us here from our world. It also turned us into ponies. We used to be a species called humans, who have hands instead of hoofs.”

“Oh dear… so your not really a pony?”

“Well I am now. But yeah, the no fingers thing is going to be more annoying than I thought.”

Fluttershy hummed. She didn’t really understand a lot of what Zenko said. Different worlds? Monsters? Humans? She thought they were just fictional creatures that Lyra made up. But she had heard of pianos. They were an instrument used by griffons, given the dexterity of their talons could play the tiny keys. However, she had heard of a way some pegasi played them.

“Couldn’t you just use your wings to play?”

“Huh?”

“Well, it’s just that I’ve heard that some pegasi can play the piano by using their wings. I’m sure that with a little practice, you’ll be able to do it too.”

“Really? Oh that’s great! I was so worried that I’d never be able to play again!”

Well that cleared that up. Fluttershy smiled at seeing the filly’s smile return. She looked up at the clock in her cottage and hummed.

“Zenko, I was wondering, have you been to Sugarcube Corner yet? It’s the local bakery. We could go right now if you want. “I-of that’s alright with you.”

Zenko started to salivate at the the thought of baked goods. “That sounds awesome! Let’s go!”


Getting his measurements taken had been hell for Badd. He was forced to sit still while the prissy white unicorn measured every single aspect about his body. It wasn’t the end of the world though. She had offered to take him to the local bakery afterwards, and having quite a sweet tooth, Badd accepted without much hesitation. As he and Rarity approached the building that looked like diabetes incarnate, he spotted Zenko with a pony he hadn’t met.

“Oh Zenko thank god! I got tortured with combs, scissors and measuring tape! It was awful!”

His little sister rolled her eyes. “I swear bro, sometimes your super dramatic.”

The two bickered for a while until they finally noticed something off. “Hey Zenko, where’d the pony you were with get off to?”

“Huh. Rarity’s gone too you know.”

“Eh, they probably just went inside, c’mon.”

The two entered the bakery to find it completely dark.

“This is… odd. Kinda starting to wish I’d brought my bat with me.”

All of a sudden the lights flickered on and Badd and Zenko got a face full of confetti.

“SURPRISE!”

Author's Note:

So fun fact, this is probably the longest chapter I’ve ever written on any site ever. I’m usually able to knock a chapter out in a couple hours, but this one took me three days to complete.