• ...
 0
 544

Show down at Appleoosa

Show down at Appleoosa


Our story opens on two stallions standing in the middle of the desert. One is old and lanky pony with a bushy beard and worn clothes. The other is a stout and chubby pony in a fancy suit and bolo tie. The old pony holds a worn banjo, while the stout pony holds up a cello much larger than he is.

Both smile and begin strumming a song..

Gather round, set down a spell!

Listen to the tale that we're gonna tell!

It's all about the rugged west!

And two who staaaaaaand above the rest!

Nerves of steel they know no fear!

They just laugh when danger's near!

They're the heroes of the Plaaaaaaains!

And later on, we'll tell ya their names!

The ponies give a sly wink, as we begin focusing of a train plowing through the desert in the distance.


Inside the train we see the apple family along with TroubleShoes Applebloom can barely hold her excitement.

"Ah can't believe I'm finally going to see Appleloosa!"

"Oh on there sauger cub." Applejack chimed in. "Don't forget the reason we are going to Appleloosa. To plant my old Bloomberg." She gestures to the set across from them where a tiny apple tree sat snuggled in a blanket.

Then Troubleshoes said "Don't you think you going a little over board? I'm mean it's just a tree."

"Just a tree!?" Applejack exclaimed angerly she hold the small apple tree close. "Bloomberg here is more then just a tree his family why we were raising him ever since he was just a sapling! And now his going to find a new home in Appleloosa!" Applejack then snuggled the tree "Yes he is, yes he is."

Troubleshoes just looked dumbfounded and then looked at Granny
Smith "Maybe you can explain this to me?"

Granny Smith smiled. "It's tradition in the apple family when a new apple orchard had started we plan a tree from our old home sated so we never forget where we come from."

"EEEyup." Big Mac said in agreement.

"And since cousin Braeburn has been working on setting this farm for quick some time the least we can do is inaugurated with our old tradition."

TroubleShoes. "I'm not much on family tradition, the only family I know TrenderHoof."

"That's not true." Said Applebloom as he hugs him. "Your apart of our family now that you and Applejack are dating."

Both Applejack and Troubleshoes where having shock looks on their faces.

"Applebloom where ya'll ever get a crazy idea like that?" Applejack said

"Well it's true ain't it." Granny Smith chimed in "After all you two have stuck hot molasses on a caramel apple."

The two ponies then glance at each other blushing.

"That ridiculous Troubleshoes and I are just friends." Applejack stated

"Yeah friends." TroubleShoes said looking down at his hooves.

Granny Smith Applebloom, and Big Mac gave each other a sly look.

"Well since ya'll are 'just friends' am sure TroubleShoes here won't mine taking you to the Appleloosa formal." Granny said

"The what and the where now?" TroubleShoes asked

"It just a dance they have after the Appaloosa rodeo and TroubleShoes would love to come with me." Applejack said stubbornly.

"Wait I would?" A shocked look on his face.

"Now approaching Appleloosa station!" The conductor shouted.


The Apples and Troubleshoes slowly disembark the train. TroubleShoes and Big Mac carefully carry Bloomberg off of the train.

"Welcome everypony to Appleloosa!" Said Applejack

The ponies looked forwarded tp see a total ghost town and a single pony was in sight and the only sight of movement were a few rolling tumble weeds.

All the ponies stood stared at the town blankly.

"Huh." Said Applebloom "I was expecting Appleloosa to be more exciting."

"That's weird." said Troubleshoes "This place was usually bustling las time I remember."

"And it's the week of the Appleloosa rodeo." Granny smith chimed in "Ponies should be gathering from mils around."

"Hello!" Applejack shouted "Is anypony home?"

"NO!"

All of a sudden a stampede of ponies ran to the train station with luggage and bags. One by one they all rushed on the train.

"Ohhh there everypony!" Applejack said while grapping one of the running ponies. "What in tarnation is going on here?"

"What's it look like!" The pony said "We're getting the heck out of Appleloosa!"

"But why!?" Said Applebloom trying to avoid be trembled.

"Case the six horn gang has taking over Appleloosa!" A young mare explain as she ran by.

"And you just alerted them'!"

"Should we tell the sheriff?" Troubleshoes said

"You want to tell them go a head you'll find him in the county jail!" Said a buck tooth pony.

As the last of the ponies boarded the train the whistle sounded and it began chunking it's way off into the distance.

The Apple family and Troubleshoes stood there in confusion.

"What in tarnation is the six horn gang?" Applejack asked

"Why don't ya'll turn around and find out!" A voice boomed behind them.

They all turn to see a large group bulls in black hats and bandanas towering over them.

"Ummm.. Hey there fellers," Said Applebloom, "You wouldn't happened to be here to welcome us to Appleoosa you you?"

"Oh we're here to welcome ya'll right," One of the bulls raised up on his high legs he then trotted himself to the group reveling himself to be a large minotaur.

"Welcome to Appaloosa."

"Just who in tarnation you think you are?" Granny smith shouted as she approach the Minotaur.

"You hear that boys," The minotaur said to his bulls, "Granny here wants to know who in tarnation I think I am."

The bulls all laugh and jeered.

"Don't ya'll read the wanted posters?" He waved one out in front of them, "I'm Wild Bull Hitchcow the meanest bovine in his or any other part of Equestria."

"Well what are you'll doing here in Appleloosa?" Granny asked

"Funny you should ask Granny," He said placing an arm over her shoulder, " You see we bulls go from town to town taking what ever we can get our hooves on and then get the heck out of dodge. It's tiresome work wouldn't you know. So we decide to find a place and settle down."

"Well good luck with that," Applejack chuckled nervously, "Glad you visited Appleloosa..."

"Well that's just it now," Wild Bull drew all the ponies close to him, "We ain't visiting we come to like this little town and we think we're going to call it our new home."

"Now hold on a minute!" Said TroubleShoes, "Ya'll can't just come to this town and take and act like you own it!"

"Oh can't we?" Wild Bull said with a wicked glare. Wild Bull then looked at Bloomberg setting in a green wheelbarrow he then grabbed a hold of TroubleShoes and toss him into the wheelbarrow then he proceeded to toss in the rest of the apple family one by one.

"Oh one more thing," said Wild Bull picking an apple off Bloomberg, "I hate Apples!" He then crushed the apple in his hand.

He then kick the wheelbarrow across then town with the Apples and Troubleshoes still in it.

The Apple family screamed as the crashed into the Sheriff's office. The Apple Family, Troubleshoes, and Bloomberg lay in a pile at the center of the office.

"Doesn't like apples!" Apple Jack shouted picking herself up, "Them's fighting words! I say we take that there minotaur by the horns and then..!"

"You got no chance to stand and fight, you better stay in bed!"

The two musical ponies from earlier appeared in the room.

"He'll whup you left!"

"He'll whup you right!"

"And tap dance on your head!"

The Apples paused for a minute after hearing the ponies' song.

"Um, maybe we should hide?" Apple Bloom said.

"You can try your best to hide, but 'member what we said!"

"He'll whup you left!"

"He'll whup you right!"

"And tap dance on your head!"

The ponies looked at each other in dismay.

"RUUUUUUUUUUUUNN!" Big Macintosh suddenly shouted.

"You may think that you can run, but Bull's a thoroughbred!"

"He'll whup you left!"

"He'll whup you right!"

"And tap dance on your head!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!" Big Macintosh screamed as he ran out of the office.

"Now what's the matter with him," the Stout Pony with the Cello asked his partner.

"Well, he obviously doesn't appreciate good music," the Lanky Pony with the Banjo replied.

"Well you get out of here!" Applejack shouted at the two who quickly got out of the room.


"Applejack what are we going to do about those big bullies?" Applebloom asked

"Settle down now sugar cube." Said Applejack "Frist we got to find cousin Braeburn."

"Why don't you'll look behind you?" Said a voice behind them.

They then turn to see Braeburn and the sheriff locked in a cell.

"Cousin Braeburn!" Applebloom shouted "There you are."

"How in tarnation did the two of you wine up in there?" Asked Granny Smith

"How do ya'll think?" The Sheriff, "That Dern Wild Bull and his six horn gang locked us up when they took over the town."

"Don't worry Sheriff." Said Applejack "We'll get ya'll out of there."

She back her legs to the jail cell door and immediately buck it. To her shock the door swing open easily casing her to tumbling in.

"The door wasn't locked you know." Said the Sheriff.

"Now were all together." Applejack said dusting herself off. "Maybe we come up with a plan to drive those Bullies out of town."

"We already have a plan." The Sheriff hump.

"Good what is it?" Applejack.

"Our plan." He said lying back on the bunk "Is to sit here and wait for those varmints leave our town."

"What?" Said the Apples and TroubleShoes.

"What kind of plan is that?!" Applejack shouted

"Applejack." Said Braeburn sadly "We already tried to get drive of those varmints out of town and they threw us in here. Much as we hate to admit it those Bullies have us beat."

"Ah can't believe what I'm hearing!" Applejack shouted "Ya'll are just giving up just like that?"

"The six horn gang are just too thought for a small town like ours the best thing to do is sit back and wait for this thing to blow over." Said the Sheriff.

"But what about the Appleloosa rodeo?" Applabloom asked

"There's always next year hopefully." The sheriff said

"What about the new Apple farm?" Granny Smith

"They burnt it down." Said Braeburn "Turns out they really hate Apples."

"But what about Bloomberg?!" Applejack held the tree tightly tearing up.

"Um...Applejack can I have a word with you for a moment." Said TroubleShoes

He and Applejack trotted away to a fare corner.

"Look you may find this hard to believe but I'm with the sheriff on this one." Troubleshoes

"What?!" Applejack shouted angerly.

"Look TrenderHoof and I have been thought situation before." Troubleshoes said. "And one thing we learn is that when your out numbered and out hoof the best thing you can do is lick your wounds and wait to fight another day."

"Well I've faced bullies before!" stated AppleJack, "And on thing I've learned is that when there's a bully in town, you've got to stand up for yourself!"

"But," Troubleshoes stated.

"I'm not waiting!" Said Applejack rushing out the door.

"But Applejack!" Troubleshoes sounded after her. "OH boy."


Down in the town saloon the bulls and their minotaur boss were sipping fuzzy root beer floats.

"Boys here a toast to being bigger and stronger then anyone else!" said Wild Bull

"Hold it right there!" A voice shouted

Wild bull was interrupted mind sip they turn to the front door to see a lone pony with her hat tilted down ward.

"I'm giving ya'll the count of three to get you flanks out of town before Ah have to get rough," Said Applejack

The gang blinded for a moment and then burst out laughing.

"Hahahahahahahahahaha!"

"Little lady," Wild Bull said, "Your just one little pony how do you expect to beat all of us at once?"

"Same way ah always whup cattle," Apple Jack smiled taking out her lasso, "rope'n and aride'n!"

Apple Jack swung her lasso around Wild Bull's neck and then swung him into the saloon's piano.

After that Wild Bull picked himself up and said angerly "Little lady you just made a big mistake get her boy!"

The bulls charged at Applejack who has began hopping on their backs one by one.

To wild Bulls surprise she hoped right on to him and but a rope around his muzzle.

"Yeeeaaahhh!" She began riding a tope the Minotaur like and actual bull rider. Wild bull attempt to throw her off but to no avail.

"Yeeeeaaahhh Get along little doggy!" She road Wild Bull out of the saloon and into the street and into the town square. AppleBloom Troubleshoes, Big Mac, and Granny smith peeked out of the Sheriff's office to watch.

"WOoooooooOO Applejack rider them!" Applebloom shouted

The Bulls looked out from the saloon dumbfounded.

"Get off of me!" Wild Bull mumbled thought his muzzle.

"Sure thing partner." Applejack said with a smile.

She took Wild Bull by the rings and drove him into a near by wall hoping off at the last minute.

After that happened the Apple family cheered as Applejack landed triumphantly.

"TroubleShoes!" Apple Bloom turn to him. "Why aren't you out here cheering with the rest of us?"

TroubleShoes looked at Wild Bull with concern.

"This ain't over he stated nervously," TroubleShoes said.

The Wild Bull picked himself up, his face growing red with fury.

"Get them boys!" He pointed at the Apple Family.

With out hesitating the six horn gang charged thought the Sheriff's office.

The grabbed ahold of Apple Bloom Big Mac, and Granny Smith and race off into the distance.

"My family!" Applejack stated cried out in panic.

A shadow of Wild Bull loomed over her with a wicked smile, "Now ya'll are gonna find out what happens to thems that mess with Six Horn Gang!"


Back at the sheriff's office

Sheriff Silver Star yells at Applejack and Troubleshoes.

"Didn't I warn ya'll that you should mess with the six horn gang?"

Applejack and Troubleshoes looked at their hoofs.

"If ya'll just lay low like the rest those varmints would be half way to horseshoes county by now!" He shouted. "Now we got a hostage situation!"

"Settle down Sheriff they were just trying to help." Said Braeburn

"And what good did it do?" The sheriff responded.

"Well it was better then doing nothing!" Troubleshoes defending Applejack.

"No," Applejack speaking up "His right ya'll were right I thought if I stood up to those bullies they would stand down. I didn't even think i would put my own family in danger."

"Rah." The Sheriff gowned. "Now I got to figure out away to negotiate with Wild Bull."

All of a sudden a rock crashed through the window and bonked the Sheriff on the head.

"BUuuuuuuhhh.." The Sheriff fell to the floor dazed and confused.

"Sheriff!" Braeburn shouted coming to Silver Star's aid.

"What in Tarnation?!" AppleJack stated in disbelief.

"Look," said Troubleshoes unwrapping a note from around the stone, "It says, Dear.."

"..Sherrif!"

The musical ponies began to play again.

"Beyond the hills at sundown"

"We're gonna have a showdown"

"Your sis, your bro, and your sweet Granny"

"Are all tied up and can't be freed"

"So come on down and meet your fate"

"Signed old Wild Bull, and don't be Late!"

Applejack and TroubleShoes looked at each other and Applejack said "What the hey is with all this singing?"

"Neverminded that look at the sheriff!" Said Braeburn.

"The Turkey in the straw." The Sheriff said with stars spinning around his head.

"There's no way he can face up to wild Bull like this." Braeburn.

"Well what are we'll gonna do now?" Said Applejack

TroubleShoes then tilted his hat and stood proud. "We'll have to take down those varmints down ourselves."

"Are ya'll crazy?" Said Applejack "You saw what happened last time we stood up to them and besides aren't you the one who said we shouldn't do anything?"

"I did indeed." Said Troubleshoes "But there's a time and a place to stand up for yourself and the time and place is now! sides we can't leave you kin at the hoofs of those Bulls."

Applejack was then taken a back to TroubleShoes words and let it stink in.

"You know what TroubleShoes your right." Applejack said while stomping her hoof. "Everypony it's time to round up a posse."


The next day Applejack TroubleShoes, and Braeburn road across the dusty plans.

"Which way is this Wild Null's hideout again?" Applejack asked

"Right on the edge of cactus canon." Said Braeburn. "We should be able to get there by sundown if we don't run in to any..."

All of a sudden a large cloud of dust approach from the distance it quickly surrounded the ponies casing them blinding and casing them to cough. As the dust cleared the ponies found themselves surrounded by buffaloes.

"Braeburn," Chief Thunderhoof proclaimed "You know the treaty of our Buffalos and ponies. "We stay out of your field and return for pies. You stay out of our plans return of turquoise."

"Sorry Chief." Braeburn said "We are just passing thought we are trying to save family from Wild Bull."

"Hummm." The Chief grown "We do not like Wild Bull he takes avenges of our ancestral roaming grounds."

"Great so if you won't mind letting us thought..." Applejack started

"He didn't show up until ponies build Appleloosa." The chief stomped his hoofs.

"Now hold on!" Said TroubleShoes "You can't be seriously blaming us for Wild Bull being here?"

"Ever since the ponies arrived there has been nothing but trouble!" Said the chief

"Look right now I don't give two flying haystacks about what you think of us ponies. We need to get to Wild Bull and save three innocent lives ones of them just so happens top be child." TroubleShoes stated. "Are you really not letting us them over a betty squabble?"

"Maybe your telling them truth." Said the Chief "Maybe your not how can we be sure?"

"Father." A small voiced peeked out a small buffalo came out of the crowed. "Can't you let go of this betty grudge."

"Oh hi Strong heart." Braeburn looked at the tiny Buffalo blushing.

Thunderhoof growled at this, "Stay out of this daughter."

"Why should I?" The small buffalo said, "These ponies are willing to go out of their way to save their friends and you can't put aside your differences to let them pass?"

Chief Thunderhoof sighed, "Very well but only prove your worth."

"How?" Applejack asked

"You must give us the thing that is of most value to you," the Chief said, "so we may seal our bonds of trust."

Troubleshoes and Braeburn then looked at Applejack. "Aw pony feathers."


Not long after Applejack gave Bloomberg to Thunderhoof.

"Take good care of him," Applejack said tearing up, "and don't forget to read to him every night."

"Read to?" Thunerhoof asked confused.

"Of course we will," Strongheart said pushing her father aside.


The sun began to set upon the cliffs of cactus canon as the three ponies arrived.

Wild Bull and his gang of bulls stood before the ponies.

"You got a lot of nerve showing your face here law ponies," Wild Bull said.

"We held up our end of the bargain now let my family go," Applejack said.

"Oh, I'd love to but there's one little problem.." Wild Bull chuckled to himself, "Hit it Boys!"

The musical ponies began to play.

"Your family's trapped, there hooves are tied"

"You'll never get to say goodbye"

"And as for poor old AppleJack"

"No chance she'll be coming back"

"The last thing that she'll ever do"

"Is wonder what became of you.."

"Excuse me!?" the shrill voice of Granny Smith cried out.

The the musical ponies looked over to see Big Mack, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith all tied up together.

"Yes, ma'am! Any requests?" the old slender pony asked with a smile.

"Just one," said Applebloom smiling, "Could ya'll stop singing for a moment and please UNTIE UUUSSSSSSSS!

"Eeeeyup!" Big Mac said furiously.

The two musical ponies looked at each other for a moment and then began untying the family.

Meanwhile the bulls began to surround Applejack Braeburn and TroubleShoes.

"You might as well give up now ponies." Wild Bull boast "We got you size and out match."

"BBBBOOOOOHHHH!" A loud buffalo cried fell the air. The ponies and bull looked out into the distance to see chief Thunderhoof and his tribe quickly approaching. "Stamped!" Wild Bull shouted out!

The Bull scattered as the Buffalo charged forward tossing them about.

"HEEY AHHH Get a long little doggies hit them high hit them low!" Applejack shouted

Wild Bull picked himself up from the stamped and glared at Applejack.

"I just had about enough of you pony!" He then charged at her but before he reach her a large pony bucked him from behind.

"Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?" TroubleShoes said glaring at him.

"Why you horney varmint!" Wild Bull said as he try to punch Troubleshoes but only for him to dodge and use his hammer to hit Wild Bull in the face.

He then he was daze and confused, Wild Bull then fell to the ground.

"Well I'll be darn." Applejack said as she watch the whole thing.

The other Bulls seeing their minotaur boss collapse suddenly lose their blusher.

"Well boys." Said Braeburn with an army of buffalo behind them. "Look like there's a new sheriff in town, you still wanna keep fighting?"

The Bulls glace at each other sweating buckets then all at once they ran away of into the sunset.

The buffalos and the ponies cheered together.

"Ya'll did!" Said Applejack hugging TroubleShoes tightly she suddenly realized what she was doing and back away blushing. "That is to say to ya took down Wild Bull.. Way ta go partner."

"Well," said Troubleshoes blushing, "Somepony once told me, When there's a bully in town, you've got to stand up for yourself!"

Well everyone was so busy celebrating they failed to notice Wild Bull picking himself up from the ground.

All of a sudden Applejack notice a shadow looming over Troubleshoes.

"Look out!" She shouted trying pull him out of the way.

Just as Wild Bull was about to slam his fist on them, A large barrel landed on his head.

Dazed and confused, the minotaur trotted backwards and fell right down into the prickly patches of cactus canyon.

Applejack and Troubleshoes looked upwards in confusion.

Looming over a high cliff stood Applebloom, Granny Smith, and Big Mac standing proudly.

"And that's how you handle a bully!" Granny Smith proclaimed.


Later that night, the whole of Appaloosa was bustling once again. Ponies and Buffalo alike danced together at the Appleloosa formal, signaling the beginning of the Rodeo.

Big Macintosh watched sadly as Braeburn danced with Little Strongheart. All of a sudden he noticed a small violet pony with curly hair off in the distance.

"Hi," said the unicorn with a cup cake cutie mark, "I'm Sugar Belle."

Big Mac simply stared, dazed and confused.

Further down the dance line Applejack danced with Troubleshoes.

"I can't believe you actually agreed to come to this with me," Applejack stated in a fine country gown.

"Well I did say I'd love to.." Troubleshoes chuckled, wearing his finest tie.

As the good friends continued to dance, the singing ponies play one final diddy as the dance continued.

"And so the legend has been told"

"Of the Apple Family, brave and bold"

As the two ponies continued to play there music, Applebloom and Granny Smith watched them from a nearby fence.

"One thing is still bothering me," Applebloom stated munching a caramel apple, "Who are those ponies?"

"Ya'll are ask'n us?" Sheriff Silver Star stated, and ice pack on his head, "I thought they came here with ya'll!"

"And how do we get them to stop singing?" Chief Thunderhoof stated annoyed.

"I've got an idea," Granny Smith said mischievously.

Just as the singing ponies were about to go into another verse, a large barrel slammed atop of both of them.

Everypony laughed.