• Published 19th Jun 2021
  • 614 Views, 14 Comments

The Amazing Crossover Race - FireDasher24



We have 14 teams from My Little Pony, 9 teams from the Mario Universe, and one mystery team competing for a grand prize of 500000 of their currency.

  • ...
 14
 614

Cairoglyphs

Author's Note:

You are about to see some tensions rise with two different teams. Please don't get mad when you find out who they were. This is my first time doing a series like this.

Enjoy!!!

Episode 9: Cairoglyphs

(Scenes from the previous race are shown.)

Discord VO: Last time on The Amazing Crossover Race! Our teams got a chill as they headed to the Yukon enduring some frigid challenges that awaited them. It was cold, but the Scientists managed to get first place and we're happy about it, but some of the teams weren't especially the Tricksters; who were ticked off about getting the redo used on them. Even the Koopas weren't pretty satisfied with their position after getting tongue tied with an ice cube. Unfortunately, none of those two teams lost, and speaking of tongue tied, Silver Spoon taught Diamond Tiara a lesson by getting her tongue stuck to a pole which lead them to getting hit with a redo, and ended up getting eliminated from the race.

Discord and Fluttershy appear.

Discord: On the bright side, they finally reconciled their differences and the plane took them back home. Eventually.

Fluttershy: Eventually? You mean they could be lost?

Discord: I never said anything about that, but let's just hope they did make it home. Anyway, we're about to get out of this cold place and turn up the heat here on.. The Amazing Crossover Race!

(With a quick snap, the intro starts up.)

(Intro over)


Episode 9: Cairoglyphs

Discord: Welcome back to the Yukon where it is still freezing cold out here. As winners of the previous leg, the Scientists will get the first tip and hopefully we'll go someplace where there's heat.

Derpy pressed the button on the cloudbox and a tip comes out.

Doctor Whooves: Ride a snowmobile to the cargo plane where you will fly to Cairo, Egypt.

(A postcard of Egypt is shown.)

Discord: Cairo, Egypt. The city's largest metropolitan area which is one of the largest cities in Africa, the largest in the Middle East and 15th-largest in the world, and is associated with Ancient Egypt, as the famous Giza pyramid complex and the ancient city of Memphis are located in its geographical area. Two cargo planes will leave 20 minutes apart and the teams will make their way to the Giza Pyramid where they will find the next cloudbox.

The Scientists leave as the Pegasisters come up next.

Rainbow Dash: Hopefully we're going to a place that's not like this.

Scootaloo: We're not because we're going to Egypt.

Rainbow Dash: Better not be this cold.

All the other teams get their tips and ride their snowmobiles to the cargo planes. The Young Princesses are the last team to leave and they're still shivering.


(Interview: Young Princesses)

Baby Peach: You know, we've been slacking pretty lately.

Baby Daisy: I kinda thought we'd be eliminated in the last leg, but we caught a lucky break.

Baby Peach: But we gotta get moving. I don't want to end up losing or nearly losing like last time.


Cut to some of the teams riding through the Yukon. The Bowsers snowmobile stops in the middle of nowhere.

Bowser Jr: This hunk of junk is outta gas!

Bowser: We'll need to run for it!

Both of them run as fast as they can until they found the cargo planes in wait. Apparently, the first one already left 10 minutes ago and the next one leaves in 10 minutes.

Bowser Jr: AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH! Late again!

Applejack: Would you knock it off already? We can get inside but we won't leave for another 10 minutes.

Apple Bloom: Yeah, no need to blow a fuse over that.

The Bowsers scowl at them as they found the Sneaky Twins approaching them.

Bowser: We need to get rid of those Siblings NOW! Take care of them!

Wario: No problem!

Waluigi: We have lots of tricks up our sleeves, we'll take them out in no time.

Discord VO: With flight number two about to depart, flight one has landed in Cairo and the teams are off.

The first nine teams exit the plane and find the pyramids.

Ringo: Okay so where would the Giza Pyramid be?

Raffina(thinking): That way! (Pointing left.)

Twilight: I think I see them in the distance.

All nine of the teams head off to the Pyramids as flight number two is up in the air.

Apple Bloom: So you two are Princesses too?

Daisy: Of course we are but we're from a place called the Mushroom Kingdom.

Peach: I'm in charge of the Mushroom Kingdom and she's in charge of Sarasaland.

Apple Bloom: Wow! So which of you is better at your job?

Peach: Oh, that's a tough one.

Daisy: Well there are no favorites little one.

Peach: Besides, we already know who the best princess is anyway.

Daisy: That's right!

Both: I am!

They paused after they said that.

Both: Oh no, I'm sure you meant me right? No, it's me! ME!

Applejack: Oh great, look what you started Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom: Uh on second thought, could you forget ah asked that?

Both: NO!


(Interview: Princesses faced away from each other)

Peach: Okay, I run the Mushroom Kingdom which is my job but I gotta keep my people safe. That's more important than what SHE does in her not so important Sarasaland.

Daisy: *gasps* Well at least I don't get kidnapped by a large reptile.

Peach: *gasps* Well I never. Hmph!


(Interview: Apple Siblings)

Applejack: Ya had to ask that question didn't ya?

Apple Bloom: Ah didn't think it would come to a fight.

Applejack: Well it did. Just don't cause anyone else to fight, and think before ya speak. Okay?

Apple Bloom: Yes.


The Scientists reach the next cloudbox.

Derpy: Alright! First team here.

Doctor Whooves: How are we in first? I could have sworn the Schoolgirls were ahead of us.

Derpy: I don't know. Hey it's a duo challenge: That's my mummy. Isn't it supposed to be mommy?

Discord appears outside the pyramids: Technically it isn't, but for this duo challenge, whoever took the tip, has to carry their teammate that will be inside their tombs. They will carry their teammate inside their tombs through the inside of the pyramid to the exit. The player in the tomb MUST stay inside the entire time. Once they reach the pyramid exit, (pan to a man in an archeologist outfit) this archeologist here will give them their next tip.


(Interview: Scientists)

Doctor Whooves: I'm not sure this challenge will be a walk in the park especially since Derpy has to carry me inside a tomb.

Derpy: That's okay, I'll be sure not to drop you.

Doctor Whooves: That's what I'm afraid of.


Meanwhile the second flight just arrived in Egypt and the last nine teams exit the plane and head off to the Pyramids.

Trixie: Run! Run! Run!

Peach and Daisy are still mad at each other.

Peach(angry tone): Let's just get to the pyramid already.

Daisy: Well obviously that's what the tip told us to do. Besides, you are not the boss of me.

Peach: Neither are you.

Cut back to the first challenge where a few teams get in their tombs or already started.

Ringo: Remember to lift with your back.

Raffina: I know.

Button is in his tomb getting nervous.

Sweetie Belle: Now do not get out, or do anything that will get us penalized. (She closes the door.)

Button: It's dark in here.

Sunset: How am I supposed to get the tomb moving without using magic?

Twilight(from inside): Just use your hooves to push. Some of the other teams are doing it.

Sunset: Okay then.

Spike is pushing the tomb and tries to be careful not to hit anything.


(Interview: Gem Collectors)

Spike: I had to push the tomb. I couldn't let Rarity do all that work and get tired from it.

Rarity: That tomb wasn't exactly roomy in there, but it's better to just stay there.

Spike: I don't want to get penalized for that or bump into anything rough.

Rarity: Well there's that too.


Pan to Scootaloo pushing Rainbow Dash inside.

Rainbow Dash: Come on kid, use your head.

Scootaloo: That's exactly what I'm doing.

Octavia is pushing her partner through the pyramid.

Octavia: It's better for me to this challenge, because Vinyl might just stay in one spot and not move.

Meanwhile, the teams from flight two arrive at the pyramid and get their tips from the cloudbox.

Peach: Do they really expect me to carry a tomb through a pyramid?

Daisy: Nope, they want you to carry ME in a tomb through the pyramid. Which is nice to see how you are going to carry ME for a change.

Peach: The only good thing is you'll be in a tomb. (closed the door and pushed the tomb on the ground.)

Daisy: OW! That wasn't funny.

Peach: It is to me.

Applejack hearing this decided to go and talk to her.

Applejack: Look here, this has gone on long enough and don't ya think you're both going a bit too far?

Princesses: NO!

Applejack: *sighs* Well it is, and you two are best friends. You gotta stop all this fightin' and make up.

Peach: Nope!

Daisy: Not gonna happen.

Peach: Now if you'll excuse me, I need to carry this tomb through the pyramid, and it requires you to stop talking.

Applejack: That girl is stubborn as a mule.

Bowser and Wario were ahead and glaring at her.

Bowser: Slow that team down until they lose.

Wario: On it!

Waluigi: Though we should do it on the next challenge Since they might see us.

Bowser: Hmm, that could be a problem.

Raffina and Sweetie Belle are tied with each other.

Sweetie Belle: Hey what's this weird writing on the wall?

Raffina: Well it's called Hieroglyphics.

Sweetie Belle: Heiro-what now?

Ringo opens the door to her tomb: It's called Hieroglyphics.

Sweetie Belle: But I thought you were supposed to stay inside the tomb.

Ringo: I know it's against the rules but we better help you understand this. These are called Egyptian hieroglyphs which were the formal writing system used in Ancient Egypt. Hieroglyphs combined logographic, syllabic and alphabetic elements, with a total of some 1,000 distinct characters.

Sweetie Belle: Wow! I didn't know there was that many.

Raffina: Well you better believe it. Anyway, we should probably get back to the challenge.

Ringo gets back in the tomb: Let's get back to the race.

Baby Daisy tries pushing the tomb upright but falls back down and caught it.

Baby Peach: This is why we need to be careful.

Baby Daisy: I'm trying!

Baby Peach(from inside): Well if she has a hard time with this, I'd probably have trouble with this too.

Cut to Spike still pushing his tomb until Bowser passes him kicking his tomb forward the whole way.


(Interview: Bowsers)

Bowser Jr: I know it's a race but the way my dad kept kicking the tomb every single time and it was frustrating. I was gonna end up with a headache.

Bowser: You can walk it off. Besides, do you want to win or not?


They reach the outside of the pyramid and Bowser put the tomb in the ground. He noticed that the Musicians were already there too.

Bowser: Hey how did you get here before us?

Octavia: We were on the first flight obviously, and weren't you on the second flight?

Bowser: Doesn't matter, where's the archeologist?

On cue, he shows up and gave the first tip to Octavia.

Octavia: Thanks!

Bowser Jr: *gasps* It says we have to ride to the Nile River on a camel!

An entire herd of camels is shown. One spits on the ground.


(Interview:Musicians)

Octavia: I never thought we would be in the top three for a change. My partner and I came a long way. We are not going to let our guard down. I'm sure I-err I mean we can do this.

Vinyl nodded in agreement.


Soarin is struggling to carry his partner.

Spitfire: Come on Soarin, push with all your might.

Soarin: I'm pushing as hard as I can.

Mario passed him carrying the tomb.

Mario: If you want my advice, it's much easier for you to carry it instead of pushing it.

Soarin: Well thank you very much!

Luigi: You're welcome!

Paratroopa: I never understand how people are getting paid to do this.

Koopa: I know, but just be glad I am not you.

Paratroopa keep on dragging his teammate.

(Cut to the two frontrunning teams on their way to the Nile River).

Octavia: Can you see the River?

Vinyl shakes her head no.

Octavia: Well we gotta find it. I don't even know where it is.

Bowser Jr: Following them is getting us nowhere. How are we going to win if we don't know where to go?

Bowser noticed a path to the Nile River and gets an idea.

Bowser: Hold on son, I'm changing our direction. (He does so and heads off in a different direction which left the Musicians confused.)

Octavia: Hey, where's the team we were in front of?

Vinyl shrugged not knowing the answer.

Octavia: You don't suppose we took a wrong turn do you?

Meanwhile, Bowser and Bowser Jr. find the Nile River and find the next cloudbox.

Bowser Jr(reads): "It's another do it yourself challenge and it's my turn. Pour to score."

Discord appears by the river: For this do it yourself challenge, whoever didn't rake the leaves in Maple Treeway, has to take this drinking glass right here and gather water from the Nile River and pour it into their team bucket up to the marked line. Once they reached the acquired limit, it's a foot race down that path to where the Sphinx is located. AKA where it will also be the location of today's finish line . Last team to arrive here, may be heading home.

Bowser Jr (grabs a cup): Filling up a bucket with no one here will be how you say... a walk in the sand.

Bowser: Technically it's walk in the park.

Bowser Jr quickly starts the challenge and ran to the river. He puts his cup into the water and ran back to pour it in his team's bucket.

Bowser: This may take a while.

Cut back to the previous challenge where some teams get their tombs into the hole.

Trixie: OW!

Gilda: Well excuse me we're in a race. (Received a tip from the archeologist) Walk it off.

Trixie: Well it better be worth because that really hurt The Great and Powerful Trixie.

Mario and Soarin put their tombs in gently. They both receive their next tips and ride the camels to the Nile River. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo get their tip as well and leave. The Pen Pals and Schoolgirls arrive next at the same time.

Sunset: Take it easy when lowering me.

Raffina: Also take it nice and easy.

They both gently place their tombs and received their tips from the archeologist.

Twilight: Riding a camel to the Nile River? Really?

Ringo: We just need to follow the other teams and see if we can find it from there.

Sunset: We should probably get going, some of the teams are catching up.

Meanwhile, the Musicians are still lost in Egypt

Octavia: I think we might be lost. (Turns back to Vinyl) Do you think we should go back the way we came?

Vinyl nodded in agreement as their camel turns back around and goes back in the previous direction.

Cut back at the first challenge where more teams are getting their travel tips. Sweetie Belle and Button Mash get their tip and leave. The Apple Siblings, Sneaky twins, and Royal Sisters get their tips too and leave. Rarity comes out of the ground with a tip.

Rarity: Oh no, there is no way I am riding a smelly camel.

Spike: Aww come on Rarity, not even for all the gems you could get?

Rarity: Well fine, but I need to make some adjustments.

Two minutes later..

A blanket was placed over right where Rarity was sitting.

Rarity: Hop on Spike.

Spike(struggling to climb on): On second thought, maybe I can stay right here. (Hangs onto the tail.)

Bowser Jr gets the last cup of water poured into the bucket. A small ding was heard as the water reached the limit.

Bowser: Finally!

Bowser Jr: Quick to the finish line where first place is waiting for us.

The last four teams reach the end and place their tombs into the holes.


(Interview: Princesses)

Daisy: We would've been here sooner, but someone kept on taking breaks every ten seconds. Looks like someone could use more exercise.

Peach: Oh like you don't miss I sit on my throne giving orders? You should exercise too.

Daisy: *gasps* You know what? No no no(Gets up and leaves) no no no no no.


(Interview: Scientists)

Doctor Whooves: I figured this would happen. We near the bottom four because I kept on getting bumped repeatedly every five seconds.

Derpy: My bad. I just don't know what went wrong.


Peach lightly tips the tomb into the ground and it roughly hits the bottom.

Daisy: OW! Are you doing all this on purpose?

Peach: Maybe. (Received the next tip.)

The Musicians were still riding until they have a run-in with the Pen Pals and Schoolgirls.

Twilight: Oh hello there!

Octavia: Princess we got lost looking for the Nile River. Could you help us find it?

Ringo: We're just heading there now it's..(points to the left) That way!

The three of them continue on to the Nile River.


Paratroopa: Alright!

Koopa: Why are you cheering? We're in the lame position.

Paratroopa: Well usually we're in the bottom three. We have gotten better with this leg.

Cut to the finish line where Discord and Fluttershy are waiting by the Sphinx under an umbrella. The Bowsers find them and step on the rug.

Discord: Well this is a tragic turn of events. Congrats, you're in first place.

Bowser: At long last, we finally got what we deserve.

Fluttershy: And you also get this-

Bowser Jr snags the bypass ticket out of her hoof.

Bowser Jr: Finally, we also get this to guarantee another victory.

Discord: Sure whatever. Just use it before the 14th leg.

Back to challenge number two as a few of the teams are running back and forth putting water in their buckets.

Octavia: I can't believe we're getting paid doing things that involve running back and forth. (Pours in another cup of water.)

Luigi: Well you just go to the edge of the River, fill the glass to the top, and be careful not to spill any.

Luigi pours in the last glass and it reaches the line.

Mario: We're done! We better get going.

Spitfire(pouring in the last cup): So should we.

They both leave as a few more teams arrive at the next challenge.

Trixie: This is easy. Filling a cup of water doesn't seem so hard.

Suddenly, she trips over and all her water spilled out.

Trixie: That doesn't count.

Ringo: Just take it easy with the running and take your time.

Octavia comes back and gets the last cup of water poured into the bucket and it reaches the line.

Raffina: You know, you must be lucky to have a great partner like her.

Vinyl nodded.

Raffina: But do you talk at all?

Octavia: Vinyl come on, we need to get going.

Vinyl ran after her as she waved goodbye to her.

Raffina: Okay, I guess I'll see you later.

Two more teams get to the finish line.

Discord: Second place.

Mario: Yahoo!

Fluttershy: Third.

Spitfire: Top three works!

Discord VO: The race for first place has concluded and it becomes a rush to come in anything except last.

Derpy: I've got it! I've got it! (Loses control and spilled the water into the ground.) Oops, my bad!

Wario and Waluigi sneak quietly to where Applejack was. They made sure to stay silent as they grab one of the tools.

Wario: This'll make 'em lose. (Silently screwed a hole in the bucket as some water begin leaking.


(Interview: Sneaky Twins)

Wario: One hole in the bucket plus a waste of time equals goodbye to those two.

Waluigi: That will teach them not to mess with us, or our alliance buddies. Just when they thought they filled up, it'll be empty.


Two more teams arrive at the finish line as their placements are said.

Discord VO: 4th. (Musicians), 5th. (Tricksters).

Baby Peach(chanting) Go sis go!

Her partner walks slowly while trying to keep the cup balanced.

Spike(screams): Incoming! (Fell over and spilled the water.)

Applejack: You alright?

Spike: I'm fine. (Noticed their bucket is empty.) Uh what happened to the water?

Applejack: Huh? (Goes to it and noticed it's empty.) What in tarnation?

Apple Bloom: Where'd the water go?

Applejack: I don't know where.

Pinkie Pie: Here let me help. (Pulls out a cork and patched up the hole.)

Spike: Where did you get that?

Pinkie Pie: Always have you needà in case of an emergency. We'll see you at the finish line.

Wario listening nearby: Yeah, when they come in last. (Pours in the last glass.)

Three more teams finish as well and also leave for the finish line.

The Pen Pals and Schoolgirls are already at the finish line.

Discord: Pen Pals and Schoolgirls you're tied for sixth. We'll you would have been tied for sixth if the Schoolgirls didn't break the rules with the tomb. Fifteen minute penalty!

(A clock with 15 minutes appears.)

Sunset: Sorry you got penalized.

Ringo: Relax, we'll be fine.

Twilight: Hope you're right.

(Cut back to the previous challenge. Daisy only had half of a cup and pours it in. Spike managed to make it without tripping and filled it to the line. The Apple Siblings were behind but made a quick recovery. Derpy tries to get to the bucket but fell halfway. Celestia comes up with half a glass.)

Luna: Um sister, should you have more?

Celestia: Well it needs to be just right to avoid any spills.

Baby Daisy ran to fast and came back with a quarter of water.

Baby Daisy: Whoops!

A few more teams arrive at the finish line where their placements are said.

Discord VO: 7th. (Gamers), 8th. (Pegasisters), 9th. (Party Ponies), 10th. (Sneaky Twins), 11th. (Gem Collectors), 12th. (Koopas).

Fluttershy: And the Siblings take 13th.

Discord: With a few more teams left out there, the Schoolgirls are getting nervous.

Raffina and Ringo weren't even the least bit worried. They were just doing their reading. Their clock was now at 7:32, 7:31, 7:30, 7:29.

Fluttershy: Well they don't look nervous to me. They don't even feel nervous.

Cut back to the previous challenge.

Baby Daisy comes back with three quarters of a cup and pours it in.

Baby Peach(praying): Please be enough. Please be enough.

Sure enough, a small ding was heard.

Baby Daisy: It's good. We can leave now.

Derpy runs again but somehow trips again and this time she bumped into Celestia spilling her water too.

Derpy: Sorry!


(Interview: Scientists)

Doctor Whooves: From first to last, this can't be happening. Who would have guessed this would happen?

Derpy: I don't know.

Doctor: Just remember to focus and walk slowly and carefully.

Derpy: Slowly and carefully. Got it.

Doctor Whooves: I sure hope so.


(Interview: Royal Sisters)

Celestia: I'm sure that was an accident.

Luna: You could have sped up a little.

Celestia: Well I am not the physical type you know.

Luna: It's supposed to be a do it yourself, I can't help with the challenge.


Daisy comes back with a full glass when all of a sudden, she trips on her dress and landed on the ground with the cup emptied out. Peach saw this and her anger began diminishing as she goes to help her.


(Interview: Peach)

Peach: I know we're mad at each other, but I kinda feel bad for her right now. I guess we shouldn't let a fight come between us. How are we expected to run in dresses? This is not our best challenge.


Peach: Daisy, are you alright?

Daisy: I'm really sorry about how I treated you. These types of challenges are not something we normally do. If we didn't do this in our dresses, we would be done already. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry!

Peach: I'm sorry too. We shouldn't let some silly fight tear apart our friendship. After all, we can do this together. If you can do this with me... (holds her hand out) as a team.

Daisy recovered from the fall and brushes off the sand.

Daisy: Let's do this.

The Young Princesses make it to the finish line.

Discord: 14th.

Baby Daisy: We're getting better aren't we?

Baby Peach: A little.

Discord goes over to the Schoolgirls: Three more teams left to check in. Getting scared?

The clock is now at 2:57, 2:56, 2:55, 2:54.

Raffina: Not a little.

Ringo: Based on how long the remaining teams are taking, there's a 90% chance we'll still be in the race.


(Interview: Schoolgirls)

Ringo: My calculations are not wrong.

Raffina: Given the chances of three teams left to arrive, I say the chances we have of staying in the race are really high.

Ringo: And we're not scared because there's no way we're going home this leg.

Raffina: Obviously.


Peach: You've got this Daisy. Let's go!

Doctor Whooves: Take it nice and easy.

Luna: Please hurry sister.

Peach: Show 'em who's boss!

Doctor Whooves: Be careful.

Luna: Don't let us down now!

Daisy tries a different tactic and speed walks through the sand. She makes it to the bucket and dumps in the last glass filling it up to the marked line.

Peach: Great job, let's move!

Another team finishes the challenge.

Luna: All done. Let's go!

Derpy finally finished up and pours the last cup of water in the bucket.

Doctor Whooves: We gotta hurry up now!

Pan ahead to the Princesses speed walking.

Daisy: All that mean stuff I said before, I apologize for that.

Peach: Same here, but you know, some of that is usually true.

Daisy: Let's agree never to fight again as long as we live.

Peach: Yeah, that could work.

Luna(from behind): Hurry!

Both of the teams from behind them catch up to them.

Daisy: How are they catching up so fast?

Peach: No idea.

Daisy: I will always be there for you Peach.

Peach: I feel the same exact way.

The clock is now at 0:03, 0:02, 0:01, and then a buzzer is heard.

Discord: Ugh, I hate it when you two are right. But your penalty is already over, 15th.

Ringo: Hu-rrah!

Raffina: Told you so!

Discord: Just go already!

The next team gets to the finish line out of breath.

Discord: 16th place! Both of you still get to race.

Derpy: Yay we made it!

(As they leave the next team arrives.)

Discord: Ladies, you're in 17th. You live to see the next leg.

Celestial: That was close.

Luna: Seriously, that's all you can say? That was close? (Leaves in a huff).

Celestia: Well at least we didn't lose. Don't be like that. Luna wait!

(The Princesses slowly step on the finish line.)

Fluttershy: I'm so sorry ladies, but you've been eliminated.

Peach: Awwww.

Daisy: Well we expected that anyway.

Peach: That's ok, we tried!

(The best of Peach and Daisy: Princesses)

(Scenes of this team's best moments are played as they recap.)

Peach: You know I wouldn't say this wasn't a complete failure no less. We totally kicked butt.

Daisy: We almost died so many times climbing up a tower, parachuting, parachuting down a tower or getting lost in a Tokyo crowd, but we totally did it.

Peach: Yay us.

Daisy: Doing this race is huge test of how our friendship is and I say we did great.

Peach: Better than great.

(The scene ends and they're walking off into the sunset with their parasols)

Peach: Since we're not racing anymore, you still want to travel some more?

Daisy: That's nice, but when we get back, we're taking hot air balloons.

Peach: Agreed! Traveling by hot air balloon is much better.

(END)