• Published 19th Jun 2021
  • 614 Views, 14 Comments

The Amazing Crossover Race - FireDasher24



We have 14 teams from My Little Pony, 9 teams from the Mario Universe, and one mystery team competing for a grand prize of 500000 of their currency.

  • ...
 14
 614

When Dimensions Collide Part 2

Episode 2: When Dimensions Collide Part 2.

(Scenes from the previous race are shown.)

"Last time on The Amazing Crossover Race, we have 24 teams from multiple worlds going on an epic for $500000. After a lot of running, waiting, climbing, a lot of running up the stairs, confronting vertigo and fears, they pushed themselves to their goal and safely made it to the airship dock and three flights were booked to Ponyville. (Pan over to flight one in the air.) Flight number one just departed with the first eight are already onboard. (Pan to airship number two and three at the dock still.) Flight number two is preparing to take off carrying the next eight teams. The last eight teams: Koopas, Goombas, Unicorn Friends, Gem collectors, Gamers, Scientists, Baby Princesses, and Sneaky twins will be on flight three which won't leave for half an hour." Discord suddenly appears. "Which one of teams will get the ultimate humiliation and get kicked off first? Let's find out on... The Amazing Crossover Race!"


Episode 2: When Dimensions Collide Part 2

"16 teams are already on their way to Ponyville. 8 of them are still at the dock in the Mario World waiting to board the flight." Discord announces.

"Spike, we need to make a quick stop at my place." Rarity said.

"Is there something you need?" Spike asked.

"Why yes, I need my essentials if I'm going to be travelling to some of the most fabulous places."

"Oh, okay then."

Pan over to the Koopas reclining on a large rock.

"Still exhausted?" Paratroopa asked.

"What do you think?" Koopa answered with a sarcastic tone.


Koopa: My legs were aching from all that stair climbing they made us do, and on top of all that, I had to carry you the rest of the way.

Paratroopa: Well can you blame me for that? I felt like I was going to collapse. Worst of all, I cannot even use my wings.


An image of Ponyville is shown.

"Ah yes Ponyville, home of the many inhabitants of earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi. Also home of six certain ponies that happen to be Twilight and her friends." Discord explains. "Once the teams arrive here, they will find the cloudbox located at the landing dock and receive their tips." Pan to airship one arriving. "Flight number one lands in Ponyville and the teams are off."

The first eight teams exit the airship and get their tips from the cloudbox.

"It's a duo challenge: An Apple a day keeps the teams at bay." Luigi read.

Discord appears at Sweet Apple Acres. "A duo challenge means that both team members need to participate in this challenge. For this first duo challenge, teams must work together to fill up two baskets of apples to the line, and they need to be freshly grown. No rotten apples allowed. When both baskets are filled up, Big Mac over here will give them their next tip.

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded.


Applejack: Yeehaw! Never thought this first challenge was somethin' we're good at.

Apple Bloom: My sister and I are going to dominate this challenge and on our home too, this will be easy.

Applejack: Don't get too confident yet, there may be another challenge after this.


"Collect apples?" Mario asked. "Well okay, this won't be hard at all."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Twilight told him point to a large field of trees.


Luigi: Not hard at all huh?

Mario: Yeah I need to keep my mouth shut.


"Let's get harvestin'." Applejack said.

"Well you know you're going to finish first." Rainbow Dash said to her. "This had to be something YOU are good at."

"Shoud we start already?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah less talkin', more buckin'."

"As the teams from flight one began working on harvesting apples, flight number two is in the air carrying the next eight teams." Discord voiced over.

Yoshi is hiding inside his egg while Birdo looks out the window.

"How long until we get there?" Yoshi asked.

"Ten minutes since you last asked me." Birdo replied.


Yoshi: Did I also forget to mention I have a slight fear of heights.

Birdo: I'm pretty sure they already know that.

Yoshi: Oh.


"Argh, how did we get stuck on the second flight?" Bowser Jr. asked in a frustrating tone. "We should be on the first one."

"Patience son, we'll strike at the perfect time and besides, we're not even on the last flight." Bowser told his son.

"Fine!"

"Why do we have to be with Bowser on this flight? He'll only cause trouble." Peach said.

"Yeah, but maybe if were lucky, he won't last long." Daisy said.

Pan over to the schoolgirls in their seats.

"So this location: Ponyville, is where most of the teams are from?" Raffina asked her teammate.

"Could be, how do explain the name Ponyville?" Ringo responded. "I mean that is the next destination, and we're practically on an airship with a few ponies."

Pan back to Sweet Apple Acres where teams continue gathering apples.

"Most of the teams continue to gather their apples. Some already finish the challenge and get their tips from Big Mac. The Apple Siblings, Pegasisters, Wonderbolts, and Mario Bros. all get their travel tips.

"We need to travel on foot to a garden maze." Soarin read.

"Where is the garden maze?" Mario asked.

"There's directions on the back." Scootaloo said.

"Come on let's go." Applejack said.

"With the first four teams done with the first challenge, flight number three is finally in the air and all the teams are finally off." Discord announces.

Pan to the inside of the airship where the teams are seated.

"Paratroopa and I have been on dozens of airship rides." Koopa said.

"We have?" Paratroopa asked then finally came to a realization. "Oh yeah there was that time with the takeover and something else."

Pan to Rarity and Spike in their seats.

"Spike, when we get to Ponyville, we need to stop by Carousel Boutique and pick up a few things." Rarity said handing a list to him.

"Uh that's a lot of stuff we need." Spike said looking at the list.

"Oh relax Spikey it's only the essentials."


Spike: Uh Rarity has a lot of stuff she needs.

Rarity: Oh please Spike, I'm sure we be in and out and make it to the end of this leg.

Spike: I hope so.


"Meanwhile, flight number two has landed in Ponyville and the next eight teams get their travel tips and head off to Sweet Apple Acres." Discord voiced over. The teams head over to Sweet Apple Acres while Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon fall behind a little bit.

"They're leaving, hurry up Silver Spoon." Diamond Tiara instructed her partner.

Pen Pals, Party Ponies, and Tricksters receive their tips and head off to the next challenge. Musicians have one bucket left.

"Vinyl can you see any trees that haven't been touched yet?" Octavia asked her.

Vinyl nodded and proceeded farther down.


Octavia: My partner doesn't talk much, but if we can actually pull off these challenges, I'm sure we won't be eliminated early. Right Vinyl?

Vinyl stopped jamming for second and nodded in agreement.

Octavia: Well she understands.


More teams arrive at Sweet Apple Acres.

"Vinyl, more teams are coming, we need to hurry!" Octavia tells her.

The schoolgirls race over to the fields.


Ringo: We might have predicted something like Apple collecting to happen, so going to the areas where we could get more apples is a great strategy.


Raffina and Daisy point to trees with more apples. "There, there, here, right here, there, and there!"

"That was like we had a chemistry." Raffina stated.

"I know right?" Daisy said.

Both of them head into the fields and start collecting. Pan to Yoshi eating some apples by grabbing them with his tongue.

"Mmmm! These apples are pretty tasty." Yoshi said while chewing.

"Can you stop?" Birdo to!d him. "We're supposed to be collecting them. Not eating them!"

"Oh right." They continue moving before Yoshi grabbed another apple for eating.

"As the teams from flight two work on apple collecting, flight number three finally arrives in Ponyville and they'll need to hurry in order to catch up with the competition." Discord announced.

"Oh, Spike we need to make a stop at my place." Rarity reminds him.

"I know, lead the way!" Both head off in the direction of Carousel Boutique.

"Meanwhile, the four frontrunning teams have just reached the next cloudbox outside of a maze."

The teams get their tips and read them.

"It's a do it yourself challenge: Simply A-MAZE-ing." Rainbow Dash read.

Fluttershy appears. "The do it yourself challenge is something where one player from each team has to do the challenge. For this challenge, players must navigate through this maze and meet your partner at the end of the maze. There are many dead ends in this maze but hopefully there aren't any traps for them."

Soarin continues reading. "Once your partner makes it to the end of the maze, race on foot or hoof as fast as you can to the finish line at Twilight's Castle because-"

Pan to the outside of Twilight's Castle where Discord is waiting on a rug with the finish line colors on it. "The last team who gets here will be eliminated from the race."

Pan back to the maze where the first four teams are.

"I'm going in." Rainbow Dash volunteered. "Meet me at the exit Scootaloo."

"Okay." Scootaloo nodded.

"Go with your friend there Apple Bloom." Applejack instructed. "Ah'll see you at the end."

Apple Bloom followed Scootaloo to the other side.

"I'll go!" Mario volunteered.

"Soarin I'm going to the exit. Meet me there." Spitfire said.

"Will do." Soarin said.

Meanwhile back at Sweet Apple Acres, Toad and Toadette are almost done.

"Alright we need two more, which one?" Toadette asked.

"How 'bout this one?" Toad suggested pointing to a tree filled with apples.

The last eight teams arrive and start collecting.

"We gotta hurry! Let's do this one!" Toadette suggested.

"So you can guess but I can't?"

"Mine is an educated guess. Can you not have an attitude with me right now?"

Toadette leaves which gave Toad a surprised expression.

Rarity and Spike finally arrive with pulling a wagon of Rarity's stuff. Spike collapses after pulling for awhile.


Spike: Rarity had a lot of stuff she needs for travelling.

Rarity: Spike, I already told you I needed the essentials for this trip.

Spike: Well that's a lot of stuff you certainly need.


With the teams from flight three working on apple collecting, more teams are traveling to the maze and head inside to do the challenge.

"Hmm, now if I passed here already then I'm guessing this must be the way." Mario thought going to the left, then straight ahead, left again, right, keeps on going straight and makes the last left turn and got to the maze exit.

"You made it." Luigi said.

"Yeah come on, we're in first place." Mario said. "Let's go!"

Both of them leave.

"Half an hour later, the teams from the last flight head to the maze to complete their next challenge. However, the Gem Collectors are getting a slight delay to the next challenge." Discord announces.

"Please Spike, we're falling behind." Rarity said.

"I'm pulling as hard as I can." Spike struggled.


More teams arrive at the maze. The sneaky twins come in screaming and slipped in the grass and hit a statue while wincing in pain.

Toad was following Yoshi through the maze.

"You know that tree we passed seems awfully familiar." Yoshi realized.

"Yeah too familiar if you ask me." Toad thought then came to realization. "Oh no we're going in circles."

"Oh I thought it was familiar."

Twilight was easily walking through the maze seeing the others go back and forth. She just keeps on going ahead and didn't find any dead ends.


Twilight: It wasn't that hard for me. All I had to do was see where everyone went and if they ran into a dead end, go the direction that will most likely lead to the exit.

Sunset: That is pretty smart.


Applejack and Rainbow Dash reach the exit at the same time.

"Done!" Both girls said.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo go to their partners.

"Race ya to Twilight's Castle." Applejack insisted.

"Oh you're on cowgirl." Rainbow Dash said.

Both of them get ready and race off to the finish line with the fillies on their backs.

Meanwhile, the Mario Bros. are still looking for the finish line.

"You know where the castle is Luigi?" Mario asked.

"No, but do you think we're lost?!" Luigi asked not knowing where they are.


Three minutes pass by and the Mario Bros. still search for the finish line.

"Over there!" Luigi said pointing to a nearby castle.

"There is a checkered carpet over there so that must be it." Mario thought.

Both run to the castle and stepped on the rug.

"Well hello there! You're the first team to arrive at the finish line." Discord announces.

"Wahoo!" Mario cheered.

"All right!" Luigi cheers.


Mario: Coming in first place is really exciting.

Luigi: I know, it just goes to show you that nice guys finish first.


The players waiting on the bench are still waiting for their partners.

"This is taking forever." Trixie complains.

"Technically, it's only been 25 minutes." Daisy told her.

Pinkie scoots over to Ringo. "You know when I first met my partner Cheese Sandwich we planned the biggest party for my friend Rainbow Dash."

"Well I met Raffina at school in our world." Ringo said. "I'm the smart one and she's the rich girl in school,"

"Cool."


Toad is having trouble finding the exit as she spotted Paratroopa passing by.

"Maybe I should follow him." Toad thought.


Toadette: My partner is taking longer than I expected.

Toad: Uh, you forced me to do the challenge.

Toadette glares at him.

Toad: Which is good because I was just about to say that. *laughs nervously*


Rarity is strolling around the maze and hit two dead ends.

"Oh where is the exit?" She asked.


Applejack and Rainbow Dash are racing neck and neck to the castle.

"I'm gonna beat you this time cowgirl." Rainbow Dash said getting more speed.

"Ah don't think so." Applejack said.

They are both going as fast as they can until they both reach the finish line.

"Guess I win this time Applejack." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh no ya didn't, I beat you." Applejack told her.

"I totally beat you."

"No I beat you."

"Actually, you tied." Fluttershy told them.

"Again?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Was it for first?" Applejack asked.

"Nope, it was for second." Discord replied.

"Second?!" Both asked in shock.

"Yeah, the Mario Bros won about 10 or 15 minutes ago." Discord said pointing to the Mario Bros.

"Oh come on!" Rainbow Dash complained.

"It's okay Rainbow at least we didn't tie for last this time." Applejack assured her.

"Yeah, I guess tied for second place is better than tying in last." Rainbow Dash said. "But it'll be different in next leg."

"Yer on."

Back at the maze...

Lots of players are still running through the maze. Vinyl comes across a dead end and goes back in a different direction along with Koopa, Wario, Peach, Toad, and Goomba.

Doctor Whooves on the other hand, was observing the other players hitting the dead ends.


Doctor Whooves: I been observing the other teams and the best way to do it is observing where all the dead ends are and then the only path left will be the right one.

Derpy: This is why he's the smart one!


Twilight comes out of the maze next. "All done!"

She and Sunset leave the maze and head for the finish line. Twilight starts going at her own pace.

"Shouldn't we be running to the finish line?" Sunset asked her partner.

"Yes, but we'll get there in time." Twilight told her.


Twilight: It's a strategy I used on the running of the leaves. I go at my own pace and take my time.

Sunset: You sure that will work?

Twilight: It will work because I'm sure we'll make it to the finish line and survive this leg.


Gilda and Soarin reached the end of the maze next.

"Let's go Soarin." Spitfire tells him.

"To the finish line." Trixie said as she and Gilda leave.

Spike finally reaches the exit and collapsed on the ground.

"It took you 20 minutes to get all that here?" Sweetie Belle asked Spike.

"You have no idea." Spike replies.

"Actually, I think I do." She quietly mumbled.


Another team reaches the finish line.

"Twilight and Sunset...you're in fourth place." Discord tells them.

"Well I guess fourth isn't so bad." Sunset said with a shrug.

"Hey Twilight!" Applejack said.

"This is new, so you and Rainbow Dash won didn't ya?"

"Actually, the Mario Bros. won. We tied for second." Apple Bloom told her.

"Oh okay."

More teams reach the end of the maze.

"Done!" Peach said.

"Finished!" Princess Luna said.

"All done!" Button Mash said.

"We're going to the finish line Spike. Do you want some help?" Sweetie Belle insisted.

"I'm fine but I'm going to need a minute." Spike replied.

Meanwhile, the Tricksters and Wonderbolts are neck and neck racing to the finish line.

"Faster!" Trixie told her partner.

"Do you think I know that?" Gilda asked her.

"Faster Soarin! They're gaining on us." Spitfire said.

Both teams go as fast as they can until they see the castle and the finish line. One team jumps ahead and lands on the rug.

"Ooh did somepony call in the airstrike?" Discord said with chuckle. "Hilarious, but nonetheless, you're team number five great job."

"Well top 5 is okay." Soarin said.

"Let's try and aim for the top 3 next time." Spitfire told him before they leave.

Both Gilda and Trixie step on the rug out of breath and panting.

"So as a griffon and a unicorn who caused trouble in the past, here's something you don't hear everyday: sixth place!" Discord tells them.


Trixie is off screen shouting like a mad mare with Gilda covering her ears.


More teams arrive at the finish line and their placements are said.

7th. Princesses.

8th. Party Ponies.

9th. Royal Sisters.

10th. Schoolgirls.

11th. Musicians.

12th. Bowsers.

13th. Gamers.

14th. Scientists.

15th. Mushroom Pals.

"15th?" Toadette asked in disbelief then turned to her partner. "You should have done more."

"Well I did do more." Toad said.

"Doesn't matter. I will let you know when you can." Toadette walks off in a huff.

Rarity is finished with the maze and goes to Spike. "Spike please, we need to leave now."

"Just...give...me...another...minute." Spike said panting.

A few more teams finish as well.

"I'm finished Diamond Tiara." Silver Spoon said.

"Let's go now." Diamond said running off.

"Wait for me!"

"Done!" Koopa said.

"Onward!" Paratroopa said.


Rarity: Well I know that this wasn't the right time to make that quick stop. Since we have a large load and Spike having trouble, getting eliminated first would be the WORST...POSSIBLE...THING!


"Please Spike, we've got to hurry."

"I'm almost ready."

A few more teams arrive at the finish line.

"16th." Fluttershy said.

Koopa and Paratroopa cheer.

17th. Snobby Duo.

18th. Baby Princesses.

19th. Egg buddies.

20th. Sneaky twins.

"Well I guess that leaves the Besties, Gem collectors, Goombas, and Snips and Snails." Discord announces. "One of these four teams will be heading home."

"Made it." Snips said.

"Done!" Goomba said.

Both teams leave for the finish line.

"Spike we're nearly in last place." Rarity said starting to worry. "Maybe this will help."

She kissed him on the cheek and that got Spike up on his feet and becomes serious. "Let's go."

Lyra finally reaches the exit.

"We're done." The Besties leave and head for the finish line.

"Oh no. We're done for!" Rarity said.

"No we're not." Spike said. "We made it this far and we're not giving up now. If we can get this to finish line and go really fast, we might make it to the finish line. I'm not quitting and I know you don't want to either."

"You're right Spikey Wiley. Let's get to that finish line." They both start hauling the massive cart and begin going faster

The Besties begin catching up to the two teams.

"We're catching up." Bon Bon said.


Lyra: I know this is so early in the race, but I don't want us to leave just yet.

Bon Bon: Plus it's way too early and there's many places to explore so we can experience it.


"Rarity, we're catching up!" Spike said.

"Really?" Rarity asked. "Keep going! Only a few more minutes and it's over."

However, they felt a bump and kept on going.

"Was that a pothole?" Spike asked.

"Don't know." Rarity answered.

Unbeknownst to them, it was revealed that they ran over Goomba who was looking dizzy.

"They need to watch where they're going." Goomba said still dizzy. 😵

"Hurry!" Paragoomba said.

The last four teams race as fast as they can to the finish line as if their lives were depending on it. A few seconds later, one team arrives.

"Nice job Besties you're 21st." Discord said.


Lyra: We knew that we could do it and we're still in the race.

Bon Bon: But we should probably do better than 21st.

Lyra: Yeah, you're right!


Another team reaches the finish line.

"22nd." Fluttershy said.

"Are we still in the race?" Snails asked.

"Of course, and here comes 23rd." Discord replied.

Spike struggled to get the last pull in then collapsed again.

"Well that exhausting." Rarity said.

"Well it was worth it because you're in 23rd place. Therefore, you two get to stay."

"Yay!" Spike said still exhausted.


Spike: It was kind of a touch-and-go, but in the end, we managed to stay in the race.

Rarity: Yes, but 23rd place? I know we can do better than that. Why don't we stay up all night and talk strategy?

Spike: Um okay.


The Goombas make it to the finish line.

"I can't have anyone else stomping on me." Goomba said.

"Well the good news is that you won't." Fluttershy said.

"The bad news however is that you both are the first team eliminated." Discord added.

"Oh come on!" Paragoomba exclaimed. "Are you serious right now?"

"Yes. Now if you don't mind, you two can leave now." Discord tells them.

"Fine, fine!"

The best of Goomba and Paragoomba: Goombas.

(Scenes of this team's great moments are played as they recap.)

Goomba: You know, I think maybe we could have done a little better don't you think?

Paragoomba: We did get to experience another world so at least that's something.

Goomba: It wasn't that bad besides, this will be something we'll never forget.

(Scene ends and they're seen walking through Ponyville while the sun sets.)

Paragoomba: You know, I kinda wish they didn't have to make us walk home.

(END)

Author's Note:

Yep, I had the second episode in Ponyville. I want to let you all know there will be racing legs in Equestria, the Mario universe, and the real world.

If you have any favorite teams, then let me know in the reviews.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy what will be coming soon.

Note: There are a few references I added in this story. See if you can find them. From both MLP and the Ridonculous Race.