• Published 8th Jun 2021
  • 751 Views, 14 Comments

Po-Ny-Oh! - Lucasnike123



When Twilight Sparkle discovers that her favorite card game "Duel Monsters" is real, she must use her skills and the friendship of her friends to save the universe.

  • ...
3
 14
 751

Prologue

The Twilight Sparkle story begins at Canterlot High where "Duel Monsters", the world's most popular card game, was all the rage. Twilight was the best duelists around, and her friend Rainbow Dash desperately wanted to learn how to duel, too.

So our story begins with Twilight teaching the rules of "Duel Monsters" to Rainbow Dash, while her friends Applejack and Flash Sentry watched.

"Hello? Rainbow Dash? Earth to Rainbow Dash?" Twilight said "It's your turn!"

"Mmmmm ..." Rainbow said, as she looked at her cards.

"Ohhhh! She looks so cute when she's thinking, right?" Applejack said.

"Hey Applejack" said Rainbow "Twilight here is teaching me how to play Duel Monsters".

"Dream Monsters?" Applejack said.

"Duel Monsters, you idiot!" Rainbow said.

"They've been playing for hours" said Flash "Rainbow is just beginning to learn how to play, but Twilight is already an expert!"

"Ok, Twilight" Rainbow said "It's time to duel!"


However, after a long time playing, Twilight is the winner in the end.

"What?!" Rainbow said, after losing the duel "Such a powerful card will totally annihilate me!"

"Wow, you're really bad at this game, Rainbow!" Applejack said.

"You haven't been too bad, Rainbow. I just have better cards" said Twilight "My older brother owns a game store, and he gets me my best cards."

"Your own game store!?" Rainbow asked "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

"Ok!" Twilight said "Maybe I can ask my brother to show us the letter from him that he has which is super weird."


What they didn't know was that someone was listening to her conversation. Someone who was looking for a very rare card to add to her collection.

Her name... was Sunset Shimmer.

Author's Note:

The adventures of Twilight Sparkle and her friends begin to unravel the mystery of the game "Duel Monsters".

Next episode: "The Heart of the Cards"