• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,033 Views, 3 Comments

Octavia's summer vacation... - Omega



the story about the best of friendships being tested and possibly torn apart...

  • ...
 3
 1,033

Chapter 1: the pool party

Hey everyone, this is my first “fan fic”, this story is based on a true story in the events of the past 3 months or so, hope you enjoy!!

~~chapter 1~~

*sigh* Do I really need to go Vinyl…? I mean, it sounds fun going to Bon Bon’s pool party, but I’d like to be practicing my cello right now…” I said with disbelief.

“come on ‘Tavi, you really need to get out of the house, your gray coat is looking much paler than usual, some sun would do you good, plus Raritys going to be there, you know how much we like to poke fun at her.” The DJ said with a smirk on her face.

“I suppose….” The temperature was rising, Celestia’s bright yellow sun at high noon, and with the skills of rainbow dash, not a cloud was in the sky making the heat even more unbearable.
*whew!* “it is very hot today, good thing we are going to a pool party huh?” I said as I reach for an umbrella. “Rainbow Dash, could have at least let a few clouds out today… “ letting out a sigh
The DJ just shrugged with an emotionless stare as the two approached the gate that leads to Bon Bon’s back yard.

“Hey you two! Glad you can make it!” Bon Bon yelled from across the yard.

“Hey” we both said in unison with a smile on our face. The two of us liked Bon Bon in the sense that she was good company… but not much else, she was rather annoying but regardless a good friend, I could tell Vinyl was feeling the same uneasiness as I had upon entering the gate. We weren’t the first guests to arrive, we actually the last ones, which meant that I was late… everyone disregarded that moment of failure when they knew that I was late due to the fact that Vinyl was the one to have given me a ride. Among the group of friends who went back to going about their business at the party, I remembered that Scratch said Rare’d be there. I sent myself into a robotic state scanning the guests for my target, searching for the mare that’d been giving me hell for the past few years.

“Target…sighted… Yo! Dj-p0n3” I said in an awkwardly, the Djs ears perking at the very thought of me saying ‘yo’ and her stage name’Dj-P0n3’. “go get some more stuff from the carriage, I’m going in for the kill…” she responds with a quiet nod, glad to get out of the daytime party, having to suffer through Bon Bons ‘Fabled’ songs, I don’t blame her at all, the music was atrocious. My thoughts about the music taste, the party faded away in an instant. When I saw that a pink mare was happily bouncing around right next to the marsh mellowed drama queen. Time seemed to slowdown as I watched her gracefully bounce every step, being as happy as ever, as if she didn’t have a care in the world. I instantly asked myself, how did that Demon, get with her? Then assumed the position, new target in hand, fixed my mane, tidied up my bathing suit, and went in making sure to be presented perfectly for the beautiful pink mare. Rarity took notice of what I was doing and instantly started thinking with her devious mind, how she can lower me so I would be less presentable to the pink mare. It was a good thing I saw her spying me, for have I haven’t I wouldn’t be prepared to retaliate without any finesse.

“Why, hello Rarity, how are you doing this fine…hot day?” I asked casually, not wanting to make myself look to uptight in front of the beautiful carefree mare.

“Oh Octavia, didn’t know you where coming, I’m surprised you even came out of the house, playing your cello all day, you sure you’re fit to swim? It is a pool party after all.” Rarity spat

“I grew bored of practicing a while back, learning to play the cello is more than a feat you’d ever reach rarity, with all your fancy dresses, I’m surprised you’re out of the house as well, and I’m positive I’m ‘fit’ for swimming, playing a cello is much harder to carry than small weightless needles all day, and with your magic, all the heavy lifting is done without any strength at all. So the question should be are you even able to stay afloat?” I quickly retaliated. The pink mare sat there smiling in the background enjoying our conflict, watching, waiting for the victor to arise, with my dark secret that I visit 4hoof I know my way around an argument, and if it comes to it trolling, but never without grace or sophistication. Rarity gasping for air on the situation, I let her try to collect her thoughts and I whisked my ‘magic’ and started smooth talking and introduced myself “Hello, there my name is Octavia Philaharmic, what is yours?” As I say with an extended hoof

“My names Pinkamena Diane Pie, but you can call me Pinkie Pie! *gasps* or just Pinkie!! Whoa! I’ve never seen somepony argue with someone quite like that! Why isn’t your cutie mark something to do with arguing? What would that even look like…” my mind in trance, pinkie... so that’s her name… that was the only thing that would come to my mind…. just the way that she was talking a million miles a minute, my whole body shaking from her hoof-shake, she oddly smelled like cotton candy, it was all very enticing, she was the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on… I knew I wanted to be with her that very moment. “Well Octavia, it was nice meeting you!!! But Rarity wants me with her; I think she’s a bit jealous that I’m still talking to you and not being with her.”

“W-wait!? What’s somepony like you doing with somepony like her?” I stalled so the pink mare would stay with me just ever so longer.

“Oh she needed help out at her boutique, so my manager sent me over to help her out, and she said she was going to have a ‘smashing time over here’ and invited me along, kinda like a date! Isn’t it exciting! I finally might meet my special somepony, Rarity’s one cool pony” my heart sank after hearing that…

“Oh… you are on a date huh… well… I will let you two be…” I responded trying to hold back the tears “but… may I ask you one question?” Pinkie instantly caught on to the way I was feeling
“No, we’re not going out officially, but we’re together, ya understand? I’m sorry” she said with a frown, knowing she couldn’t make me happy, but what she said had quite the contrary effect, I cracked a weak smile, my dark personality arising, and I got to thinking, my smile to a very large grin, if they’re not going out yet, maybe I could go out with her before Rarity has a chance of going any further… The rest of the party involved your average party stuff, dancing, some pool volleyball, I was surprised that Rarity and I actually wrestled each other to see who could get who into the pool, after obtaining my victory over her, I became my normal self, somewhat shocked that I would have ever done such a thing, still felt good to pay rarity back somehow, just when I was done fixing my mane, a streak of colors and a lot of water came splashing over me ruining my perfectly fixed hair…

“Hi Rainbow… I see you’re having fun…” I said with a sigh, and then started giggling over the fact that I haven’t seen her in a long while “What is going on?”

“Oh you know, just flying around, pulling some pranks, and wanting to talk to you about something… about pinkie…” her tone becoming serious as she said the mares name.

“Is she not wonderful? I would like to go out with her Rainbow, do you think she would ever go out with me?” I said with a love struck sigh, placing a hoof on my cheek, a goofy looking smile on my face

“That’s the thing ‘Tavi… she’s with Rarity…” Dash said concerned

“Oh lighten up Dashie, when was the last time Rarity was ever nice to me in the past… well… EVER?!? Also, I asked her herself, and they are not going out officially, I will not let her slip in-between my hoofs, remember Colgate? I’m finally over her and I have been feeling just a tad lonely. I am going after her, no exceptions!” I said confidently as to bring up my own self esteem and give me the confidence to ask her out. The second I got up, I felt something upon my shoulder; I looked and saw the cyan colored hoof…

“No…” was the only thing to come out of the multicolored speedster, it was sharp, I felt like it penetrated my soul…
“W-why do you say that Dash?” I responded, somewhat shaking from the monotone sharpness of her voice. All she did was point to a small raft within the pool… the two of them snuggling like no other; even throwing in a few kisses here and there… my heart sank for the second time that day… “I-I am still going to try!” it took all of Rainbow’s power to not slap me across the face that instant.

“You don’t mess with that… You just don’t… Ok Octavia?” I have never seen such justice in my rainbow friend, guess that is why she represents the element of loyalty. Still determined to finish my quest, the fire in my soul hasn’t left, I needed to do this, it was like killing two birds with two stones, I get to make rarity worse off than ever (more so when I covered everything that she owned from the My little human show) and I would get the mare, it was the perfect plan!
“I am still going to do it Rainbow, nothing is going to stop me!” I said disregarding my serious floating friend.

“I’m going to tell Pinkie and Rarity of what you’re going to do Octavia.” In disbelief I shouted
“You know I wonder sometimes how YOU of all ponies ended up becoming the element of Loyalty. This really shows how ‘loyal’ you are to your friends… HPMH” and trotted away looking for Vinyl that would be more understanding, giving Rainbow the coldest shoulder that I have ever given…

Author’s notes: In the real story, only Colgate, Twilight, and Pinkie are girls, the rest are all guys (me included)