• ...
10
 95
 613

Double the trouble

“Talking”

YELLING

Thinking

Telepathic link

Songs

Flashback

"Transformation Index


Double the Trouble


OP - It's Goin' Down from Descendants 2

The day was nearing its end with the sun descending in the sky above, as Sunset Shimmer was running hurriedly along the sidewalk, having her shadow appear on a house while her heels clacked against the ground beneath her feet. Fallen summer leaves below her got blown away as she passed. She crossed the street to Canterlot High School, racing by its horse statue towards the steps, where Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pixel, Dustin and the dazzling were gathered, as Fluttershy and Rarity were joining them too.

“I got your text, Rainbow Dash!” the red and yellow haired girl said with a concerned expression as she approached, gesturing back towards the mirror monument, "Did something come through the portal?" she asked as she halted herself before them while Pinkie Pie was running in too, "Is Equestrian magic on the loose?" she continued questioning as she held her hands up, "Did Twilight come back with a problem that only we can solve?!" she asked in exclamation, motioning to herself.

“Easy there, Sunny.” A familiar voice said, making her turn to see Dustin, Adagio and Aria walk to the group.

"Has a giant cake monster stolen all the cakes in the world?!" the puffy haired girl suddenly chimed in, much to her friend's surprise as she had a cupcake in each of her hands, which she then stuffed wholly into her mouth. The amber skinned girl to give off a blank look of annoyance while she placed her left hand at her hip.

“Nothing Cyberspace related, right?” Dustin asked with a hint of worry, remembering the fights with Ginzo and Decibus.

"Um, not exactly…" the rainbow haired girl finally responded as she was kneeled down before her black guitar case, pulling her instrument out as she stood up and turned her head to the group with a nervous grin on her face.

"Uh, I don't understand…" Sunset admitted with a confused look as she raised her left eyebrow, raising her arm up.

"Well," the cowgirl began as she went over to the cerulean skinned girl, pointing at her instrument as one of its strings was undone, causing her to glance at her out of annoyance, "I was just tellin' Rainbow Dash here that a broken guitar string doesn't really qualify as an emergency," she told her, flicking the wire up and down before she held it in the fingers of her left hand.

"It totally does!" her rainbow haired friend retorted, yanking the instrument away as she held it at the neck in both of her hands.

“Oh my god”, Dustin groaned with a face palm.

“Does stuff like this usually happen?” Adagio asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Not usually, but yes.” Dustin nodded.

"Really, Rainbow Dash?!" the fashionista chimed in as she sported a pair of red-framed glasses over eyes, having a strand of measuring tape around her neck, and a pin cushion upon a bracelet on her left wrist, "I was in the middle of sewing a very complex appliqué on my latest frock," she explained sternly.

"And I was just about to tuck everyone in for the night at the shelter…" the shy girl mentioned as she petted a white bunny that was in her arms, "Now we'll have to start stories all over again," she noted with a sad look on her face as the animal had the same reaction.

“And not to mention that I was in the middle of playing Halo 3, which I was close to beating, mind you! “ Dustin said with annoyance towards Rainbow Dash. “So why in the ever loving hell would you send all of us an emergency text for a guitar string!?”

"Well, I was going to pony up and show our fans some awesome guitar licks," the rainbow haired girl began to answer as she gestured towards the steps, where Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom were all seated, waving to her, "but I kinda need all six strings to do it," she pointed out as she tugged on the undone wire, "Got any extra?" she asked with a sheepish grin.

"Boy…" Pinkie sighed as everyone else groaned out of frustration at the cerulean skinned girl.

“Hang on, I’ll fix it.” Dustin sighed before dialing up his Digitrix, and with a tap on the Digitrix’s screen, he transformed into Sugar Spider. “Alright, hand me the guitar.”

Rainbow did as instructed, and handed him her instrument. Sugar Spider managed to carefully remove the string, and replace it with a strand of his own webbing. After a good minute of fiddling with the string, Sugar Spider was finished and he hands the instrument back to Rainbow Dash.

“Ok. Give it a whirl.” Sugar Spider said and Rainbow strummed the strings, the instrument sounding as good as new.

“Whoa!” Rainbow said with a whistle.

“You’re welcome.” Sugar Spider said before turning back into Dustin.

“That's nice. “ Sunset said with a sight. “But everyone finished practicing for the day. I'm pretty sure all the music rooms are locked.”

"No problem," Rainbow responded, "The acoustics in the hallway are perfect for power chords," she noted, getting down on a knee as she strummed it loudly, posing like a rock star, "C'mon!" she beckoned, standing back up, while her red and yellow haired friend shook her head with a smile as she looked up at the sky, "Let's go!" she yelled, heading inside the school with Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie, Aria, Adagio, Pixel, Sonata Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Applejack in tow, with the latter stopping to hold the door and turn back before entering.

"You comin', Sunset?" Applejack asked as her companion remained outside.

"I'll catch up in a bit," Sunset replied with a wave of her hand.

"Mind if I join you then?" Dustin questioned, chiming in as she remained at the entrance, "I could use some fresh air.”

"Sure," she replied, sitting down on the steps as she signaled for the Dustin to sit beside her on the right, which she did.

Sunset then pulled off her backpack again, reaching inside of it to take out a brown, hardcover book, with an emblem of a sun upon it.

“Gonna write to Twilight?” Dustin asked, to which Sunset nods.

“Yeah, I’ll tell her you said hi.” Sunset said with a giggle.

“Man. To think it’s been two months since she last came here.” Dustin said as Sunset wrote.

“Yeah, everything here changed since she first arrived. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be where I am now.” Sunset said with a sigh of nostalgia. “Well, you helped out, of course.”

“Yeah, and she also helped us beat Decibus and reform the Dazzlings. I tell ya, she is a miracle worker.” Dustin said with a relaxed sigh.

While they weren’t looking, a figure in a black trench coat was observing the two.

“Now, to put my plan into effect.” The man said before pulling out a small container. With a few taps on a key pad, the case opened. The man reaches insides and pulls out a small green spider-like creature.

“Now my little friend. You know what to do.” The hooded man chuckled evilly as the creature scuttled around to its designated target; Dustin Miller.

“And there, hopefully Twilight gets the message.” Sunset before closing the book.

“Well, I’m sure she’s busy. She is a princess after all.” Dustin said with a shrug.

Meanwhile, a stranger they hadn't yet taken notice of was standing behind the mirror statue, adjusting her scanner to the appropriate settings as she held it before the structure. The meter was within the green coloring while the seismograph continued to buzz, enticing her to go over to the other side of it, suddenly seeing the meter delve into the red zone to her surprise as its whirring sounds became even louder, catching the ears of the dragon slayer, who looked out to see her touch the mirror, which began shining upon contact with her left hand.

"Who's that over there?" Dustin asked, standing up and pointing out the stranger to Sunset, who perked up in astonishment.

"Hey!" Sunset yelled aloud, catching her attention as she turned around and gasped to see the group of three at the steps, "What are you doing?!" she asked, standing up with Dustin. The stranger quickly began to flee, heading towards the street.

“Oh, wanna play chase?” Dustin dialed up the Digitrix yet again. “Well Light Speed will be more than happy to…” Before Dustin could finish his statement, the green creature jumped to Dustin’s Digitrix, taking the boy completely by surprise.

GAH! WHAT THE HELL!?” Dustin called out in shock.

“What is that!?” Sunset asked, just as shocked as she was. They both then looked to see the stranger step into a bus before said vehicle drove off.

“Dammit!” Dustin groaned.

"Who was that?" Sunset asked, putting her right hand at her chin as she narrowed her eyes.

“Get off, goddammit!” Dustin growled as he tried using a stick to remove the green creature, but to no avail. “Oh you son of a bitch!”

“We better get Al. Maybe he can help.” Sunset said as she brought her phone out.

“Yeah, and we better let the other know, too.” Dustin said as the two walked inside the building.

The hooded man was well hidden, watching the two with a sinister grin on his face.

“Excellent. Now we wait.” The man said before vanishing in a flash of green light.


Meanwhile, inside of a bus, the stranger sat down in the back, removing her hood to reveal her violet hair with rose streaks tied up in a bun, with a hairpin of a six-pointed star upon it as well.

"Huh…" she sighed deeply out of relief, having done what she needed to as the transport was approaching the city. A while later, it stopped at the front of another school building, this was shining with some of its crystal-like structures.

The mysterious girl disembarked from the vehicle before it drove off, heading through the glass doors inside the place, and then went through door after door until she reached a lone room, turning on a light to reveal a board filled with pictures and graphs, all connected by lines of red string. She then posted a new image on that same board, being a drawing of the mirror structure with a question mark upon it.


The next day, the gang were at the library. Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, and the Dazzlings were watching as Allister tried to remove the green creature from the Digitrix. But not even Allister’s efforts were enough to remove it.

“Damn, that things still not budging.” Allister said with a sigh. “Well, whatever that thing is, I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon.”

“Oh fan-fucking-tastic!” Dustin sighed in defeat.

“You’re saying that thing latched onto ya when ya’ll saw that hooded girl by the statue?” Applejack asked, a bit puzzled.

“Yeah.” Sunset said with a nod, "That girl from yesterday was definitely doing something to the statue," she mentioned, "Or was going to…" she added, continuing her pacing.

"Do you think she came through the portal from Equestria?" Fluttershy asked, petting her little rabbit on the head again, causing him to smile.

"No," her red and yellow haired friend replied as she stopped near her, "I'm pretty sure I woulda noticed that," she pointed out with crossed arms, "I think she was from over here…" she admitted.

"Well, that's a relief," the cowgirl chimed in, getting their attentions as she held the book she had in her right hand, while the dragon slayer stood up from his seat, "The last thing we need is another magical so-and-so bent on world domination comin' over from Equestria," she explained, putting the hardcover down on her knees to keep it open, folding her arms back behind her head as she gave her friend a wink. She smirked in response, giving off a smug look.

"Agreed," Rarity concurred as she stood by the bookshelf, "I have no interest in another fight against the powers of evil magic," she confessed, "The wear and tear on my wardrobe is just too much to keep up with," she pointed out, causing the girl beside her to giggle.

“You don’t suppose she has anything to do with that thing, do ya?” Aria asked, pointing to the green creature.

“No clue.” Dustin shrugged.

“But judging from the looks of it, I would have to say it was made from the Syndicate.” Allister pondered, making the others gasp.

“Of great!” Dustin groaned.

“Aren’t they the guys under leadership by that Ginzo guy you told us about?” Sonata asked with confusion.

“Yeah.” Rainbow nodded in reply, “And trust us Ginzo is way tougher than Decibus.”

“You don’t suppose that this stranger could be working for them, do you?” Fluttershy said with a shiver.

“I highly doubt it. Members of the Syndicate wear a black leather hooded coat.” Allister added in, “The girl Sunset and Dustin both described was wearing a simple hoodie.

“So, we’ve got another Cyberspace related problem?” Pinkie asked.

“I’m afraid so.” Pixel nodded.

“Oh fuck my life!” Dustin groaned. “As long as this stupid thing is stuck on the Digitrix, I can’t even use it.”

“Maybe we can gather some useful information on it.” Allister said before pulling out a small device that looked like the Sonic Screwdriver from Dr. Who. With a click of a button, a projected beam of yellow light hovered over the green creature. “Perhapes, if we can figure out how this thing works, we can figure how to remove it.”

“Ok? But how long is this going to take?” Dustin asked, hoping this idea of Allister’s could work.

“That, I’m afraid I can’t say for certain. For all I know, it could take about the day after tomorrow till we get the needed data.” Allister said, making Dustin go wide eyed upon hearing that.

“What, day after tomorrow!?” Dustin grabbed Allister by the color. “Nononononono! This thing has to come off sometime today, man! What if there is some trouble comes, and I can’t use the Digitrix!?”

“Dustin, please calm down!” Sonata said, trying to calm the boy down.

“Please Al! You have got to find out how to get this damn thing off!” Dustin pleaded,” and the sooner, the better!”

“Uh…well….I suppose…” Allister stuttered before giving his answer. “I’ll see what I can do. But I’m not making any promises.”

“Thanks, Al.” Dustin said before Allister gets up.

“I'll get to it right away.” Allister then walks off to do his thing.

“Great. Another Cyberspace related problem.” Rainbow said with a sigh. “Just what we needed.

"Still," Sunset began, "a mysterious figure snooping around the portal?" she questioned, clenching her fists by her head as she pondered the thought, "Don't you wanna know what she was up to?" she asked. Her only response was a shuddering sound from the shy girl near her as she stood up with the bunny in her hands.

"I don't even wanna guess…" she answered, arching her body back out of fear.

"We don't have to!" a familiar voice chimed in as everyone turned to see Rainbow Dash turn the corner, with a blue book in her hands that had a symbol of a horseshoe and a golden horse head upon its cover, "Because I've totally figured out who it was!" she proclaimed as she ran over to them, pointing at the hardcover.

"Ooh, ooh!" Pinkie chimed in, much to her surprise, "A nighttime statue cleaner?" she guessed, holding a book about cleaning before the rainbow haired girl, who gave off blank looks to her wild friend, "A magical portal maintenance maintainer?" she inquired on, holding out another book with a descriptive cover, "A gardener?!" she exclaimed, smiling widely as she got close to her companion's face.

"Seeing as how they got off a bus from the city," the cerulean skinned girl began as she pushed the puffy haired girl's face away from her own, "and got back on a bus headed to the city," she continued, "I'll bet they go to..."

"Crystal Prep…" everyone with her finished, with the exception of Dustin, Sunset, Pixel, and the Dazzlings participating

"Huh?" Dustin asked in confusion.

"Yep," Rainbow responded, crossing her arms, "With the Friendship Games starting tomorrow," she started to say, "they'd totally try to prank us by defacing the Wondercolts statue," she pointed out.

“Friendship games?” Pixel asked in confusion, scratching her head.

"Why would anyone take a bus all the way from the city for that?" Sunset asked with her arms crossed as she arched a brow.

"Because the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts are our biggest rivals?" Applejack suggested as an answer after standing up from her seat.

"Because that's just what the students at Crystal Prep would do?" Rarity added on.

"Because even though they beat us in everything," the rainbow haired girl began as she held out the book to the rest of her friends, "soccer, tennis, golf," she listed off, showing off images of the Wondercolt teams losing in each sport, "they still have to gloat!" she exclaimed, revealing on the next page the defaced school monument, which was dressed like a clown.

"Seems kinda silly to me," the red and yellow haired girl admitted with a blank look in her eyes as she had her eyebrow raised, pushing the book away from her face.

"Silly?!" all the girls yelled at her, minus Pixel and the Dazzlings, as they were stunned with her, widening their eyes.

"So I guess you think the Friendship Games are silly, too…" Rainbow noted with a suspicious look in her eyes as she and the others glanced out at Sunset.

“But if this girl did come from Crystal Prep, why would they send someone to investigate the portal?” Dustin pondered. “Something doesn’t seem to add up, here.”

“Yeah, that doesn’t seem to make any sense, especially if it’s for some competitive event.” Adagio agreed, pondering on the subject.

"Well, it's not like we'll be fighting the powers of evil magic," Sunset retorted.

"No," Fluttershy chimed in, going over to her friend as her bunny had an annoyed look on his face, "We'll be fighting against a school full of meanies," she told her, placing her right hand upon her shoulder, "Not everything has to be magical to be important," she pointed out to her.

"You're right," Sunset agreed, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head, "I'm sorry," she apologized, "I know it's a big deal," she said in understanding. The fashionista then scoffed, getting their attentions as she came over to them.

"That's putting it mildly, darling," she retorted, "They're still revamping the playing field in preparation," she added, placing her hands at her hips.

“Is the place a high standards campus?” Dustin asked, to which Rarity nods.

“Pretty much. Why do you ask?” Rarity asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Educated guess” Dustin replied with a shrug.

"I just don't understand why there's this big rivalry," Sunset chimed in, catching their attention as they faced her, "Aren't the 'Friendship Games' supposed to be about our two schools getting along?" she questioned with a concerned look.

"Well," Applejack began in reply, holding up the arm Rainbow was holding the record book in, "it's kinda hard to get along with someone who beats you at everything…" she told her.

“They’re really that bad?” Aria asked with slight shock.

“You got it.” Pinkie said with a nod.

"Not anymore!" the rainbow haired girl claimed as she freed her hand from her friend's grasp.

"What do you mean?" the red and yellow haired girl asked her athletic teammate.

"Oh, you'll find out," she responded, grinning widely as she looked towards the ceiling.


Later


All the students of the school were gathered in the gymnasium, as the group of girls, plus Dustin, Pixel; and the Dazzlings were gathered on the foldable stands by the exit. Others were seated down on chairs on the gym floor, looking up at the stage where Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were standing, with the former about to speak into a microphone.

"As I am sure you all know," Celestia began, "tomorrow," she continued, "Canterlot High School will be hosting our fellow students from Crystal Prep Academy," she kept going as the recipients of the address were less than interested, much to the confusion of Sunset, Dustin, Pixel and Dazzlings while they glanced around, "as we join together in the spirit of excellence, sportsmanship, and fidelity to compete in the Friendship Games," she finished. Her students then began applauding, but their cheering was unenthused, and their clapping was sparse. "Since the games only happen every four years," she started again, somewhat more nervously, "I'm sure you're all curious as to what goes on," she pointed out.

"You mean other than us losing?!" Flash Sentry yelled from the stands, catching the attention of the fire mage as he glared at him.

"And that is exactly why I've asked Rainbow Dash to come up and give you all a little, um... context," she told the students as the rainbow haired girl was upon the stage. The official then let the microphone get snagged from its stand by her as she did so quickly, causing a little bit of feedback to sound off as she held it by her face.

"Thank you, Principal Celestia," she said as both staff members went stage right while she cleared her throat, "I know a lot of you might think there's no way we can beat a fancy school like Crystal Prep at anything," she noted to the students through the amplifying device as she waggled her free fingers.

"Unless it's a 'losing to Crystal Prep' competition!" Pinkie Pie cried out from the stands, "'Cause we're really good at that!" she noted, causing her friend on the stage to groan in agony.

"And I know that CHS has never won the Friendship Games even once," she pointed out, walking to the other side of the platform.

"Oh, dear," Rarity sighed, getting her red and yellow haired friend's attention, "I hope this speech isn't meant to be motivational…" she said to her quietly.

SONG: CHS Rally Song, Performed by Rainbow Dash

"Crystal Prep students are super athletic, super smart, and super motivated," the rainbow haired girl listed off to her fellow classmates, "But there's one thing they aren't," she mentioned, "They aren't Wondercolts!" she stated as the curtains behind her opened up to reveal the high school marching band, being led by the female baton carrier as they stood behind the speaker.

Rainbow Dash: We've fought magic more than once,

And come out on top!

Chorus: Oh, oh!

Rainbow Dash: There's other schools, but none can make those claims…

Chorus: Na, na-na-na-na, oh!

Rainbow Dash: Together we are Canterlot!

Come and cheer our name!

Chorus: Oh, oh!

Rainbow Dash: This will be our year to win these games!

Rainbow Dash and chorus: We'll always be Wondercolts forever!

And now our time has finally arrived!

'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship!

And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive!

As the events of the rally unfolded, DJ Pon-3, aka Vinyl Scratch, plugged her record board into the speakers, scratching the turntables upon it out of excitement as she and the other students were getting really into the performance. The music from it reverberated throughout the area as she turned it up.

Students : Hey!

Rainbow Dash : We’re not the school we were before!

Students : Before!

Rainbow Dash : Yeah, we're different now!

Chorus : Oh, Oh!

Students : Hey, hey!

Suddenly, Dustin’s phone than rung, to which Dustin answered.

“Hello?” Dustin answered, “Al? Hang on dude, let me get somewhere more quiet I can’t here you!” Dustin then walked off from the rest of the crowd.

Rainbow Dash : We overcame the obstacles we faced!

Chorus : Overcame the obstacles we faced!

Students : Hey!

Rainbow Dash: We're Canterlot united!

Students : Unite!

Rainbow Dash : we’ll never bow!

Chorus : Oh, Oh!

Students : Hey, hey!

Rainbow Dash : So get ready to see us in first place!

All : we’ll always be Wondercolts forever!

(Three! Two! One! Go!)

And now our time has finally arrived!

(Our time is now!)

'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship!

And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive!

At the end of the day, it is we who survive!

As the song went on, Rainbow and the marching band continued to walk past the students, having showered them with gifts of tie-on tails and headband pony ears.

All : Na, na, na-na-na-na!

Wondercolts united together!

Na, na, na-na-na-na!

Wondercolts united forever!

Na, na, na-na-na-na!

Wondercolts united together!

Na, na, na-na-na-na!

Wondercolts united forever!

Na, na, na-na-na-na!

Wondercolts united together!

Rainbow Dash : we’ll always be Wondercolts forever!

And now our time has finally arrived!

'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship!

As the Rainbow hopped back onto the stage to finish up the rally, raising her arms up into the air out of excitement, a blue, sparkling aura began shrouding over her body. Suddenly, her magic activated as her pony ears, ponytail, and wings all appeared in order, allowing her to float up as her friends in the stands watched in amazement, including the one leaning against the stands at the entrance.

All : And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive!

At the end of the day, it is we who survive!

The baton girl threw the stick up into the air, allowing the winged girl to catch it in her right hand, floating over the band on the stage.

"Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy began in greeting, "that… was… amazing!" she exclaimed as everyone with her was smiling brightly at their friend, who crossed her arms in a smug manner, "Even I feel like we can win!" she admitted.

"I feel like my school pride is at an all-time high!" Rarity added excitedly.

“Amen, sister.” Adagio nodded in agreement.

"Is anybody else wonderin' how Dash ponied up without playin' her guitar?" Applejack asked, mimicking the movements of strumming the instrument after she pointed to her head as an example.

"I know, right?" Rainbow Dash answered, grinning happily, "It's probably because I'm so awesome!" she suggested excitedly, causing the cowgirl to put her hands at her hips with a smirk in disagreement.

“Awesome? You were a real showstopper!” Aria said as she and Rainbow Dash high-fived.

"Maybe…" Sunset muttered, crossing her arms as she looked away in thought, "I mean, you are awesome," she noted to her athletic friend, "but there's gotta be more to it than that, right?" she questioned, putting her right hand up to her chin, "It just seems so random…" she confessed, narrowing her eyes.

"Well, it would be nice if you all could get a handle on it," a voice chimed in, causing them to all turn to see Vice Principal Luna standing behind them, "We'd like to keep magic as far away from the Friendship Games as possible," she explained with her arms folded across her chest, "We don't want to be accused of cheating," she added with narrowed, serious eyes, making the red and yellow haired girl give off a worried expression to her.

"We don't need magic to defeat those hoity-toity Crystal Preppers," Rarity mentioned conceitedly with a small wave of her hand.

"Still," the co-head of the building began, "the Friendship Games are serious business," she stated, "We don't want any surprises," she told the group, "Especially the kind that could cause us to forfeit," she mentioned.

"Sunset Shimmer," Luna began to the red and yellow haired girl, "you came here from a world of magic," she noted, "Perhaps you can get to the bottom of our magical development," she requested as her student her left hand up to her mouth.

"I'll do my best," she replied, getting a nod from the vice principal.

“Also, Allister wants us to meet up at Principal Celestia’s office.” Luna said, confusing the others.

“Wait! Where’s Dustin at?” Sonata asked, and the others noticed that Dustin wasn’t present.

“He is with Alliser and Principal Celestia in the principal’s office.” Luna said with a shrug. “And in case you’re wandering the reason as to why, Allister has information regarding the strange thing attached to Dustin’s Digitrix.”

“Ok. We’ll be there immediately.” Sunset said, Luna nods and walks off.

“Well, we better get going.” Rainbow said as they gang walked to the principal’s office.

To be continued…