• Published 15th Apr 2021
  • 560 Views, 20 Comments

Gifts from a friend - Element of Malice



Every time I see her face on a poster I feel compelled to ring it with flowers and write “my condolences.” I won’t have to wait much longer though, because today my passions will finally become realized.

  • ...
7
 20
 560

A gift for Rarity

Sweetie Belle heard muffled grunts and groans coming from her sister's room. She opened the door and saw a very annoyed Rarity struggling to remove a necklace. Next to her on the ground laid an elaborate yet simple-looking dress.

“Is something the matter?” Sweetie asked, eyeing the odd situation.

“Ah, perfect timing,” Rarity said through clenched teeth. “Someone sent me this… outfit in the… mail.” She fought against the eye-catching jeweled accessory for a moment longer before admitting defeat. “I’m not sure from who, though, but the letter that it came with only said ‘A Friend’.” Her voice sounded strained, as though she was having trouble speaking. “Oh, come on! This thing was so easy to put on.”

“Want me to try?” asked Sweetie, eager to help her sister.

Relief washed over Rarity’s face. “Oh, yes, darling, please! I have no idea why, but no matter what I do, it feels like it keeps getting tighter — Ah! Careful! That’s pulling my mane out!” She cried out, now feeling the necklace starting to dig into her skin.

“Sorry. I’ll try to be more careful. This thing is not wanting to let go.”

“Anyway, it just looked so lovely I had to try it on. But when I did, I realized it should be worn at a more formal… reception. So I was… going… to… Please hurry, dear. It’s getting rather hard for me to... breath!” Rarity ripped herself away from her sister’s attempt, desperately trying to bring the necklace away from her skin for one decent breath.

Unfortunately, doing so pulled it tighter still. Rarity felt her neck starting to swell at an unnaturally accelerated rate, much like an allergic reaction. The chain was now cutting deep enough into her neck to draw blood.

Sweetie Belle panicked as she helplessly watched Rarity stumble around and fall on the floor, her face turning blue.

Get… … help… …” Rarity barely squeaked past her sapphire lips before her throat swelled shut.

Sweetie Belle ran outside in tears, shaking with panic and fear for her sister's life. “He~lp! Someone! My sister’s in trouble!”